Author Topic: YAs get married  (Read 13387 times)

Offline Alexandra

• Kekistani American
  • Global Moderator
  • Tempermental Tyke
  • REEEEEE!
    • Twitter
Re: YAs get married
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2012, 07:55:56 PM »
As I found out--I created a male student, had him marry a female townie, she didn't age...in fact they had a baby (I just accelerated the pregnancy).

Yeah, that's what I'd want to do, make it so it's only YA to YA.  Otherwise if an AF has children you'd probably have to age them manually.

I don't know if you want to help me with the test tonight or not...basically I just won't use it for adult/YA.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:57:47 PM by Alexandra »

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
  • What can change the nature of man?
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2012, 08:10:44 PM »
Adding the test wouldn't be too difficult. The way I would do it is have line D go to line 10 if it is true(leave false the way it is). And then set line 10's  false target to return false. That make it so YAs can only marry YAs.

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline Alexandra

• Kekistani American
  • Global Moderator
  • Tempermental Tyke
  • REEEEEE!
    • Twitter
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2012, 08:14:30 PM »
Cool.  I'll do that in a bit...right now I'm going to try to submit a name list to MTS.  :biglaugh:

I don't think I'll offer my mod, as I feel like I'd be taking something from you and BoilingOil.  Probably what I'll do is play around with stuff and see what I can come up with.

Offline Alexandra

• Kekistani American
  • Global Moderator
  • Tempermental Tyke
  • REEEEEE!
    • Twitter
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 05:29:03 AM »
All rightie...Francis Worthington, Matthew Hart, and Sarah Love got to be my guinea pigs.

I had Francis propose engagement to townie Sandy Fairchild.  Propose...Marriage wasn't available, which is what I intended.

With the other two I was wondering, because they're in Greek houses.  At first she left him at the altar, and I wondered if it was because he's in the fraternity (and you generally can't ask a Sim to move into a Greek house who hasn't pledged or anything).  I tried it again after making sure their lifetime scores were 100, and she not only got married to him...she moved in.  Which is really not what I want...for one thing I don't know if it can cause problems down the road.  Personally I'd like to disable the Marriage option if the Sim proposing is in a Greek house.

On the other hand, if it won't cause a BFBVFS down the road, then I'll just accept it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:05:35 AM by Alexandra »

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2012, 09:49:47 AM »
Woot!

Beat on it some more, then put it up, with thanks to BO and Aaroneous. 

Offline Alexandra

• Kekistani American
  • Global Moderator
  • Tempermental Tyke
  • REEEEEE!
    • Twitter
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2012, 10:08:55 AM »
The only hang-up I have right now is if the Sim proposing marriage is a member of a Greek house.  Like, would there be any way for it to run a test and see if the proposing Sim lives in a Greek house?  It's one thing if they're a member; another if they're actually *residing* in a Greek house.

Like I said, though, if I knew *for sure* that having a non-member move into a Greek house via marriage won't damage someone's game, then I'd be okay with it as it is.

I know Inteen has the YA marriage but I wonder if anyone who uses it has had Sims move into Greek houses through marriage.

I'll likely play a YA couple and make sure there are no bugs...they should retain their married status after graduation; I know they do if I use the Sim Manipulator to consider them as married.  I think the whole thing here revolves around the "Propose...Marriage" option.

I don't think it's an option on Secret Society lots, and given that you can only send one Sim at a time to a SS lot (even if you have two Sims in the same household that are members), I'd want to disable that option on such a lot (I'll have to check it again).

EDIT:  I checked and if Secret Society lot is "true" then FFFE, which I take to mean will not be available, same with what's known as a "Secret Lot" (don't know if that means hobby lot, witch lot [I don't play witches so I don't know], or what).  Which is good to know, because if I *do* submit it to MTS (with the okay of BO and Aaroneous) I'd like to be able to say what you can and can't do with it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:27:00 AM by Alexandra »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2012, 12:20:27 PM »
I don't need to give you an OK for anything, because you're your own boss, and I didn't help at all. You moved way faster than I would have recommended, so I'm not on this wagon. It's your call, really, not mine.

Also, I'm not sure if this mod will work with different combinations of EPs/SPs, with or without certain mods. If you put it on MTS, and thousands of people start running into conflicts, you're going to need to support the work, which means fixing every issue that's reported. Are you ready for that? I'd say it would need a lot more testing, because you don't yet know how this mod will affect sims and lots in the long run. For example, if a playable sim in a dorm marries a dormie who lives in the same dorm, how will the game respond? Does the dormie stay in their own room? Or are they evicted in favor of a newly selected dormie?

So I'd certainly advise you to test it thoroughly for a while, getting some YAs married to all kinds of different people.

No, the "Secret Lot" mentioned in the BHAV, refers to the secret lots in the Vacation hoods that come with BV. That has nothing to do with witches.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Alexandra

• Kekistani American
  • Global Moderator
  • Tempermental Tyke
  • REEEEEE!
    • Twitter
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2012, 12:37:53 PM »
I was just wanting a mod for my own Sims...but yeah, I'm definitely going to test it.  I don't think I'm ready to submit it to MTS.  Now that I think of it, it's not going to happen anytime in the near future.

I already know that if they marry an adult, the adult won't age, so that option is disabled (just YA to YA).

So they won't propose marriage on a secret lot or a secret society lot.  That's fine. 

As it stands, if a Greek house resident proposes marriage to another YA, they'll move into that house.  I'm not sure if or how that will affect anything.

I'll test it later on tonight with two playables in a dorm (I have to wait for my son's bus pretty soon here).

I also have to test it with the wedding arch and see if YAs can throw a wedding party.  And of course I should load up a vacation 'hood and see if they go on a honeymoon.

Other than that, I don't see where there'd really be any issues...unless you guys can come up with something.  I should not put it out there if I can't support it.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2012, 01:07:45 PM »
Well, I can think of at least one issue... Anyone who uses TJ's Same-sex marriage mod, will run into issues... either your mod works, or his, but not both.
Also, I can imagine, that Inteen already has something like this. But if not, some Inteen users might run into trouble if they added your mod.

But that's not too important now, since you've withdrawn your plan to possibly upload it :)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2012, 01:18:38 PM »
This mod more then likely won't affect the wedding arch, They are two separate interactions.

And yes I definitely wouldn't release it yet, support as stated would be the biggest problem.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:20:49 PM by Aaroneous »

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline Alexandra

• Kekistani American
  • Global Moderator
  • Tempermental Tyke
  • REEEEEE!
    • Twitter
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »
To be honest, I don't think I ever will release it.  I'm a diehard conservative and a Christian (but NOT a Republican LOL), and to be honest, I wouldn't create a mod that enables same-sex romances.  If someone else wants to take that ball and run with it, okay, but what it really came down to was:  How can I tweak my *own* game?  See, I'd initially put it under the one thread because I didn't see that *this* section had been created.

(And if you have Inteen you wouldn't *need* this mod.  :P  I was just wanting a *few* features of Inteen...which goes back to my issue of having combo packs.)

But at least, if I do want to seriously considering modding, I have some idea of what I'm getting into...and it seems I have quite a bit of learning to do if I want to decipher this stuff that I see in SimPE.  And I do want to thank you guys for your help and everything.  I'm likely going to trek over to the SimPE site and print out those tutorials.

Offline Aaroneous

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2012, 01:52:29 PM »
There is always more to learn when modding, Good luck if you do decide to do some more modding. While Simpe's site does have some good information on mods... You may also want to check MTS. They also have some good information.

(Banner By Sugah)

Offline Alexandra

• Kekistani American
  • Global Moderator
  • Tempermental Tyke
  • REEEEEE!
    • Twitter
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2012, 02:04:17 PM »
Oh, I'll check it all...I've been glancing at MTS' modding tutorials.

anything