Author Topic: Object Error Report  (Read 1364 times)

Offline MonkeyZero

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
Object Error Report
« on: December 03, 2016, 01:53:16 PM »
I've been having jump errors with my Sims. I'm pretty sure it's a problem with INteen because it's happened in two families, both where I had a teenage sim married to an adult sim (it's my medieval neighborhood.) Most sim interactions are fine, but when my teen sim clicks on his wife, he gets a jump error and there are limited social options. After this jump error, he starts having the same issue with any other sim. I've tried moving the family out and back in, and I've aged him to adult, but neither worked. I also got a debugger from MATY and tried clearing gossip and useless memories, but I'm still having issues. I've used Inteen on this computer many times and had no problem, but it persists without other mods or cc.
If I can't fix this sim, I can just kill him off, but I want to be able to have adult/teen interactions without having this problem.

I've attached two object errors that I got in debug mode, both from the same sim.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 01:55:15 PM by MonkeyZero »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Object Error Report
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 06:20:25 PM »
Have you tried deleting the sim and then exiting the lot and reloading?
Sorry, I can't make sense of those error reports.
You might try BoilingOil's No Sim Loaded.
Also, can you tell us your game configuration, in particular whether you have any combo packs.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline MonkeyZero

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 09:38:27 PM »
I have tried deleting and exiting, which didn't work unfortunately. For game configuration, I have all expansion packs up to Bon Voyage, no combo packs of stuff packs. I also have ACR installed, and it is working fine between two adults or two teens. The main error message that comes up when I get jump errors is "Too many iterations" and I don't know what that means. I will try to Boiling Oil fix though.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 11:55:09 PM »
Several points:
  • 1. In both cases, the error is thrown while trying to access the Sleeping Bag. So the first thing *I* would try, is to remove the sleeping bag, and give them a 'normal bed' (whatever the heck that may mean).
  • 2. I *could* perhaps have a look at the sleeping bag to see if the problem indeed originates there. But in order for that to work, you would first need to give me a link where I can download it. But I will not register anywhere to be able to get it. It must be a free-for-all download.
  • 3. The first trick most people try when having problems, and also the first trick I usually suggest, is to delete the groups.cache and restart the game.
  • 4. If you're indeed hoping to try the NSL, I think you'll need a link to it. Read the description well, before making a choice. I don't think the simple version will help you, so you'd need the Final Bug Fix or the Special version. In both cases, though, you'll also nee to follow the link to Cyjon's Smarter EP-check.
  • 5. I'm BoilingOil, and I prefer if you do not call me "Boiling Oil". If you remove the space from that moniker, it looks a lot better. You may also call me BO, though.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:59:58 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 12:01:15 AM »
BO, you reminded me of something - I don't think Inteen works well with custom beds or possibly non-standard beds.  Also, I have a feeling that this game configuration is on a Mac, not a PC, and this may well be the Ultimate Collection for Macs - all of which may cause some problem to occur with Inteen.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 02:35:35 AM »
If you are right as I expect, ZZ, and Inteen indeed has trouble working with custom beds, then my first suggestion - replacing the sleeping bag with a normal bed - should fix MonkeyZero's problem.

But I sure hope that MZ is *not* a Mac user, because that would reduce our chances to help them fix this.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 05:23:06 AM »
Very true.

Offline MonkeyZero

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 12:06:31 PM »
So I deleted the sleeping bag and things started working out fine. Thank you all so much for your help--I would not have thought of that on my own.
PS: Sorry about messing up your name BO. It won't happen again

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 01:50:11 PM »
Glad you managed to sort it out. :thumb:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 02:07:56 PM »
Same here. I'm glad that we could help you get your game to cooperate again, MonkeyZero. :thumb:

anything