Author Topic: Social Worker adoption arrival time  (Read 892 times)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Social Worker adoption arrival time
« on: November 20, 2016, 07:53:39 AM »
Does anyone know of a mod that changes the time the social worker arrives with the adoptee so that there isn't a clash with the maid?  I recently installed xmathys' row houses to create a square of terraced houses.  Then, when I had organised the maid, I had my family sim ring up the adoption service.  Of course, there was a clash (stupid me, yet another senior moment!) and the social worker's car got stuck off-lot.  The maid left, but it didn't arrive (unlike school buses, which have no problem waiting until the pool car has gone) and nothing I did made any difference, I couldn't save, I couldn't move any objects, and even after using testing cheats and the batbox, although I was then able to move stuff, the save button remained greyed-out.  In the end I had to exit the lot without saving, and lost a sim week's gameplay - most annoying that I hadn't saved previously!

So, if anyone knows of such a mod, or is able to make one, I would be very grateful - as I'm sure all those people who play 1x1 or 1x2 lots will be, too.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: Social Worker adoption arrival time
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 01:00:48 PM »
Even though I've officially retired, but because I have no knowledge of an existing mod that changes the Social Worker's time of arrival, I thought I'd look into the SW's definition ( Template - NPC - Social Worker ) to see if it could possibly be as simple as editing a BCON that holds her standard arrival time. Alas, that was not successful because such a setting doesn't seem to exist. So I'm afraid I can't help here. I'll keep looking out for any existing mods that might be useful.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 03:25:50 PM »
Thanks, BO!  Typical of Maxis, though, to have more than one NPC arriving at the same time.... of course, the smallest lots back then were 2x2 so it wasn't a problem.  (And 1x1 lots are, of course, custom.)
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 04:34:58 AM »
I bet that social worker would have shown up to take the kids away🤦

Don't hire the maid until after adopting.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 07:40:51 AM »
Well, I did work that out after I had the problem - but it's odd that the school bus and the pool car don't have problems!  The most annoying thing was that I hadn't saved and had to play the family all over again - and this time I made sure there was enough money in the kitty to adopt as soon as they moved in.

anything