Author Topic: Default replacement for one particular neighborhood only  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Jawusa

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
Default replacement for one particular neighborhood only
« on: May 15, 2016, 10:39:52 AM »
I'm working on a sky default replacement mod for a specific neighborhood that I'd love to upload along with the mod but the problem is that the sky mod also replaces the skies of other neighborhoods too. And using Psychosims' giant sky object isn't really a big help because that requires NL or higher in order to work. Meaning it won't work in a BG only game and I actually want the neighborhood to be BG compatible.

Is there a way to tell the game that it should only replace the sky for a specific neighborhood? Maybe a BHAV record that could do that - something like "only replace the sky if the neighborhood ID number is a specific number"
Can that be done?

By the way, the neighborhood ID number is 7024. I guess the hex code will be needed in the BHAV coding.. So the hex number of 7024 would be 1B70.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: Default replacement for one particular neighborhood only
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 11:46:12 AM »
Afraid I don't know my Hex numbers? Hehehehe :D

I know nothing of this stuff. The sky may well be a global thing that has nothing to do with neighborhoods at all. If that is the case, I don't know how anyone could change that.
But maybe having a look at something like the giant sky object might give someone a clue.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Jawusa

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 12:00:14 PM »
Here's the link to the giant sky object. http://psychosim.livejournal.com/4708.html

If it's helpful, I could upload my current sky default mod, so you can compare the two mods. (Psychosim's mod is actually a neighborhood decoration object, and not a default replacement mod)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 12:02:00 PM by Jawusa »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 02:21:51 PM »
No, the default replacement is unlikely to help me at this point. Maybe later...

Edit to add: ok, so that was a waste of time. It does not help me one iota. I'm not sure it will make any difference, but if you have a link to your own creation for me, I'll see if that helps me further.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 03:06:43 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Jawusa

• Drooling Diaperfiller

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 02:46:00 AM »
Ah, now we know something! I've looked at it, and your graphics gave me a group number to use. So I opened the M&G objects.package and looked up that group.
And that group has told me everything that you need to know. It contains *ONLY* graphical data. TXTRs, TXMTs and all that kind of stuff. In other words, there are no BHAVs to manipulate and no OBJD to extract a GUID from for continued searches. And without BHAVs to play with, I can't do anything.

So, in conclusion: we are powerless. Whatever sky object you put in your downloads folder, will ALWAYS show up in ALL your hoods.

I'm utterly sorry, but I don't know what else to make of it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 02:47:48 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline Jawusa

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 04:31:58 AM »
Oh, okay! I see.

I guess I'll have to take the mod out each time I want to play a normal neighborhood and vice versa if I want to play the alien neighborhood.

Thanks anyway! I appreciate your help.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 05:13:30 AM »
Surely, if the object is a Neighborhood Object, it should only show up in the Neighborhood it is in?

However, you could create a special set of game folders for alien themed hoods, and use AH's Program for playing themed hoods (each with their own set of custom content).  You can find the program at The Wooden Simoleon.

http://www.woodensimolean.com/
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 07:29:31 AM »
No, this was not a neighborhood object. It was a default replacement for the sky.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 09:02:20 AM »
But the neighbourhood object that Jawusa linked to could be recolored, couldn't it?

If Jawusa continues with the mod, though, then having themed neighbourhoods would work with it.

BTW, can anyone explain why, if I type the US spelling for neighbourhood, it is automatically corrected to the UK spelling, but if I type recolor it doesn't even get underlined?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 11:28:04 AM »
Yeah, I guess a recolor of THAT object might work.

As for the spelling anomaly, I have no clue. I see the same thing happening. And with all programs that I install, if the option is available, I always make it a point to select UK English, not US English.
Question: what's your browser? If it's Firefox, then maybe we should suspect that!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 12:36:15 PM »
No, just plain old IE!

anything