Author Topic: SOLVED Linked clothes  (Read 858 times)

Offline ankoyume

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
SOLVED Linked clothes
« on: April 23, 2016, 12:53:03 PM »
Hello !
I'm not often there but I'm working in the backstage. And my head is full of questions, if you have a minute ...

I was wondering if you think that there might be a chance to do with clothes what can be done with hair : indeed, some hair are designed so that it changes when using a certain category. For instance, you loose the hat when in the swiming pool and the hair seems to be wet : it means that it is a different mesh and a different texture than when in the "everyday" or "formal" category.
Would that be possible for clothes ?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:15:07 PM by ankoyume »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: Linked clothes
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 03:42:52 PM »
You seem to think that in some hair files, there is a second mesh built in for other occasions. But that is *not* what is happening, really.

The Maxoids have built in some rules to make hair-styles dependent on outfit-category. The key here is that as the *outfit* changes, some hairs are deemed inappropriate, and thus temporarily replaced by something more fitting. The other mesh and texture are not built into the hair that you had selected, though. A new one is selected from the other hairs that you have in your game. Sometimes, the choices are limited, because the author of a custom hair has set a specific Maxis hair as the default alternative for specific outfit types.

The same goes - to some extent - for glasses and I think also for certain jewelry...

So, no, what you seem to be asking, can not be done. You can not have two clothing meshes in a single outfit, and then let the game decide which one to use under different circumstances. That's what you have the seven different outfit categories for already.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 04:02:01 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline ankoyume

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 01:40:04 PM »
ok it's clear (though it's sad for what I had in mind). Thanks for taking time to answer me.

And It won't work either if you make two oufits in two different categories, but with the same bin number ? Althought you'll had to buy both ...

Ok, this supposition seems weird to me too ...  :blink:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 01:56:13 AM »
I'm glad that even *you* saw how weird that sounded, so I don't have to say how silly that was! :)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline ankoyume

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 12:26:34 PM »
 :cheese:

anything