Author Topic: Dammit! Gimme My Kid!  (Read 6071 times)

Offline croiduire

• Toddling Tot
Dammit! Gimme My Kid!
« on: April 21, 2016, 10:06:04 AM »
Why, oh why, isn't there an interaction for a family member to "Ask for baby" or even "Take baby" from a casual visitor?! ATM, the infant in question is in need of a diaper change, the mother is standing right there helplessly, with all the necessary baby actions falling out of her queue because the idiot girl the teen brought home from school is ineffectually trying to comfort the squalling child, apparently wholly unable to either take effective autonomous action or just hand to/put down the baby. Off to testingcheatsenabled I go, I guess, but why should such an expedient even be necessary? EA, you are, yet again, so stupid!! Arrrrgh! :pissed:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Dammit! Gimme My Kid!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 12:00:43 PM »
No Baby/Toddler Swarming should prevent a lot of this. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=10.0

In cases where this is not happening, just get your sim to speak directly to the sim holding the baby - maybe ask them to leave?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 02:11:42 PM »
But ZZ, then they would leave with the baby!!

:giggle:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 02:34:37 PM »
@ Sleepycat: For *some* babies, that might be a blessing... or perhaps for their parents! :lol:

But yeah, I would not like to make that a habit any more than you would, I think :)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 06:49:51 PM »
I've never, ever had that happen!  Right, invite them to play chess, or something, then they'll put the baby down.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline croiduire

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 12:53:20 PM »
No Baby/Toddler Swarming should prevent a lot of this. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=10.0

In cases where this is not happening, just get your sim to speak directly to the sim holding the baby - maybe ask them to leave?

Actually, I use BO - Less Toddler Annoyance. It usually works pretty well, but there are times... What I really should install is School Bus/Bring Friend, but it conflicts with so many other mods. *sigh*

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 01:46:42 PM »
Well, I use it, and most of the conflicts can be avoided by foldering.  And I don't know, since I don't use it, but going by the title, Bo's mod and TJ's don't do exactly the same things.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 02:36:42 PM »
@croiduire:

I see no reason why you couldn't combine my Less Toddler Annoyance with TJ's No Baby/Toddler Swarming. There are very few overlaps, but in general they work great together. Just let my mod load last, is all.
I have School Bus/Bring Friends, too. I load it - annd all other mods by TJ - after all mods by others, just before my own mods. Serves my purpose perfectly.

TJ's mods are worth having. But if you're worried about any conflicts, just attach the zipped-up conflict report to some message here, and I'll gladly look at it and advise you how to deal with them. Heck, I expect that ZZ and AH - among others - will also take a look and help out :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 02:39:10 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 06:27:43 PM »
I vaguely remember a mother chasing the nanny around the lot to get the baby away from her!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 07:25:46 PM »
Yes. those nannies are worse than any visitor.  I had one, who had only been nanny for a couple sim days, turning up when her ex-charge was due to age up to teen, and he didn't age up, but reverted to the beginning of childhood!  I stopped using nannies years ago, now - the last one I used died rather unpleasantly by repeated lightning strikes, and her ex-charges both had the want to make her a zombie!

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 02:08:30 AM »
TJ's No Baby/Toddler Swarming, Less Toddler Annoyance & school bus/bring friend do work fine together. I've been using them for years (BO's load last as he said).   :smile:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2016, 08:21:17 AM »
BO's load last as he said.

SC, just how do you know about how long BO's load lasts? :lol:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 08:41:06 AM »
:lol: yeah, it's hard, isn't it? :)

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2016, 04:19:46 AM »
I know cause he said so!  :giggle:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2016, 05:15:50 AM »
Now THAT's what she said!  :P

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
    • LilSister's Sims Family Affair
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 07:35:05 PM »
I'm more than a little late but if the Sim Blender or teleporter cat is used to make the Sim with the baby selectable there is the option of "hand baby to" They will give the baby to whomever is selected.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 02:13:27 AM »
Late? So where's your tardy-slip? ;)

Anyway, that's a good idea, as long as we're not dealing with a service sim on the job. Because making those selectable even for a second, breaks their routine. Although I would still prefer that over letting them get away with my tyke, ofcourse.

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 06:12:58 PM »
I didn't know that you shouldn't make service sims selectable, is that a really bad thing to do? Will doing so destroy your game or just make it glichy?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 06:42:45 PM »
Well, there *are* circumstances in which it is perfectly safe for most of them - namely, when they are simply visitors to whatever lot you are playing at. But when they are on the job, providing the service that they were created for, it would be safer to leave them unselectable.

I have not yet seen it destroy my game, but the service sim in question often becomes unpredictable and may respond oddly to commands, interactions from other sims, or its own needs. Once you get them to leave the lot, as soon as they return for their next duty, they will usually have recovered from their confused state, though.

And when I say "most of them", you must take that literally. Because there are *some* service sims that are not really sims. In strangetown, there's a delivery guy with a first name of "Knut", whom you'd best leave alone under ALL circumstances, because he is definitely weird! When you make him selectable, he lies down on the floor and acts like a baby. He has no age and no wants or fears. And there may be more wrong with him that I don't know of.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 06:47:35 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 07:16:04 PM »
That, at least, can be easily rectified in SimPE.  Surprising, though, that the game still recognises him as a delivery person, when I turned a delivery person into a baby, he was immediately replaced by a new delivery sim.

The problem with making a maid, for example, selectable, is that they will stop cleaning up.  They will also, of course, not be paid.  It's useful, though, if you want your family to get a different maid, as once the present one is selectable, you can keep them on the lot until 10 am the next morning, when the game will replace them.  You can then make them unselectable, and kick them off the lot with Inge's cat.  (BTW, the cat is far better than the blender in this respect, since there are tasks that a sim made selectable with the blender will not allow, but the cat will.)

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 08:02:40 AM »
Oh dear BO Knut sounds like a nut! :lol: Sorry I always laugh at my own corny jokes. Zeph I love Inges cat, family members are instant babysitters for infants and toddlers.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2016, 08:22:16 AM »
:rofl:

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2016, 09:20:47 AM »
I'm sure I've told this story here somewhere... but here goes:

The idjit Maxis made nanny went into the kitchen to bake some cookies (or cook something involving the oven) while the maid was still at the house working.  Sure enough, kitchen fire! The nanny and most of the one-door kitchen were cheerily burning when the maid realized there was a fire on the lot and started doing the panic dance in the doorway.  Although there was a smoke detector, the fireman could not get past the maid to put out the fire. The kitchen was a total loss.  So was the nanny. The maid was happy because she got paid to clean up the ashes and left barely one hour before the child's father got home.  As the carpool was pulling up to the curb, I got a warning message that the child had been left home alone but nothing would happen "this time."

The next day, the new lobonanny showed up.  She was a great improvement.  She sat on the couch watching the Yummy channel while the toddler was in her bedroom power-skiilling.  The nanny did not cook or perform other dangerous activities and only retrieved bottles from the fridge when the little girl was hungry, instead of littering the place with almost full bottles after the maid left.

The family was happy because they got a new, competent nanny, a new kitchen, and a new back door!

(Brandi Broke's nanny once set fire to the kitchen and sat in the easy chair watching it burn until Dustin got home from school and called the fire department, but that's another story...)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 09:22:26 AM by miros1 »

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 10:15:06 AM »
 :lol:

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2016, 12:59:30 PM »
Oh, I found the following 2 mods while poking around in the old Hullabaloo. Squinge to the rescue!

Visitor enabled and autonomous changing table: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=7900
Hand babies to anyone: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=7563

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2016, 01:26:40 PM »
The latter is one to be careful with. You might end up handing the baby to someone who'll forget to hand it back before they leave... ;) Bye bye baby!

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2016, 04:06:13 PM »
BO I use Visitor enabled cribs and Hand baby to anyone - honestly never had a Sim try to leave with the baby. When they get tired or the baby becomes fussy or smelly the Sim holding the baby will put it down on the floor. I use the VC or Inges Cat before that happens to make the Sim selectable so they can hand the baby back to the parent. I love this mod because it allows other family members to bond with their infant relatives. In my game the visitor enabled cribs allows Sims not in the current household to put tired toddlers to bed. My toddlers are able to get themselves out of their cribs so I'm not sure if it works the opposite way allowing visitors to take toddlers out their cribs. :smile:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2016, 04:39:53 PM »
I think that making a visitor selectable with Inge's cat would allow some interractions, probably including the crib.

Biggest problem I had was with Dina Caliente's daughter, who asked Katelynn for food (yes, the option was in her menu, but obviously not in Katelynn's) and spent the next three sim hours being snuggled!  By the time Dina woke up and came and rescued her child by speaking to Katelynn, the kid was almost BFFs with Katelynn!

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2016, 03:43:49 AM »
Inges cat does allow all actions - it's like the Sim is a member of the household they are visiting. Cancelling the action on the toddler would have allowed Katelynn to put the toddler down.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2016, 05:09:43 AM »
Yeah, as far as I know, the "Make Selectable" option on Inge's cat handles it much better than a similar feature on the Sim Blender and many other objects. I find it a must-have object on every lot.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2016, 06:38:49 AM »
LilSister, I did cancel the action, but it made no difference.  I would have had to make Kaylynn selectable, and since she still had work to do, and this was Dina's house, I really did not want to do that!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2016, 09:23:56 AM »
Indeed! Making any sim selectable is fine, as long as they're not on the job. This goes for maids, butlers, nannies and whatever sims that come work at your residentials, but also for hobby leaders on their own specific lots and for shop owners and cashiers at comm lots.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2016, 01:19:20 PM »
Well, it wouldn't have bothered me if it had been Nina's house, or the Pleasant house.... but Dina and Cleaning do not get along!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2016, 02:16:51 PM »
Hahahaha. Goodness no, I don't suppose they do. ;)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2016, 02:49:40 PM »
Mind you, in one incarnation she decided to visit Morty and discovered an infestation of cockroaches by his front gate!  Did she panic? Not Dina! She calmly stomped the lot of them!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2016, 03:06:57 PM »
The code for that is odd, too. Sims hardly ever freak out over live roaches. They only freak out over the waste that remains after killing them; the stuff that they sweep up and dispose of in the trash bin. THAT also what makes them to have a memory of roaches, and what makes them cry later.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2016, 03:43:17 PM »
Oh, she swept them up too!  (And she wasn't selectable, so it was autonomous....)

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2016, 08:07:35 AM »
BO I totally agree with you about Inges Cat.  I also have one on every lot, it's a must have for me too! :cheese: