Author Topic: First Kiss Weirdness  (Read 9359 times)

Offline rufio

• Babbling Baby
First Kiss Weirdness
« on: March 19, 2016, 11:33:52 PM »
Is this site still active?

I got back into the game recently, and something strange happened with the first kiss.  I had a romance teen who actually got her first kiss on her first day as a teenager, and her first makeout too, and of course she then rolls the want to have three.  So I go downtown, find a new target, they were able to make out pretty quickly.  She meets another guy with the same amount of chemistry, but there's not even a kiss submenu under casual even though there are kisses available under the normal Maxis menu because of the chemistry (but no makeout).  I figure it's just a glitch, so I go home and invite him over.  Still no kiss menu.  I leave them for a bit to go do something else, and later I notice he's going up to her to do a social, so I check her queue, and it says first kiss... they do the kiss, the cut scene plays and everything, even though this obviously isn't her first kiss.  After this, the kiss menu is available and so is makeout.  Was it because it was the townie's first kiss?  I've never had this happen before, though, and I started this hood out with a romance sim, and I think I would have remembered if every one of her conquests had generated a first kiss cut scene.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: First Kiss Weirdness
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 02:06:59 AM »
Hi rufio! Welcome back to Simbology and welcome back to Simming.

Yes, we are still open for business. Active is actually a big word for it, because there isn't a lot going on anymore. But we've kept it going so people can still access TJ's wonderful creations.

You got it right: this was the townie's first kiss. And that's why *he* had to initiate it. That's the only kind of situation in which this will happen.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 02:54:38 AM »
You also need to watch, if you want a sim to have a first kiss (or they do) to make sure they don't miss out because they move on too quickly.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline rufio

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 09:13:40 AM »
Yeah, I've seen first kisses be lost because someone got kissed goodbye or something, before.  But I don't think I've seen townies initiate first kisses, or ACR block kisses because a townie hadn't had their first one yet, when Maxis kisses were available.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 10:31:17 AM »
Sometimes first kisses are nothing to do with ACR, just normal Maxis mischief-making.  (And shy Virgos are often the worst!)
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline rufio

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 10:55:02 AM »
Well, this was an ACR thing, because the Maxis kisses were available.  But I guess if it happens again, I'll just use a Maxis kiss to clear the first kiss out of the system.

By the way, is TwoJeffs himself still around, or is this just user-to-user support now?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 11:15:17 AM »
Just user-to-user support, TJ does come around occasionally, but not to give support to his mods.  However, both BO and AH (Ancient Highway) are experienced modders, and you can rely on the advice they give you as being well-thought-out and as accurate as possible.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 12:19:08 PM »
Not to mention a lot of good advice based on the experience of users such a zephyrzodiac, arathea, miros1, sleepycat, mark93, aaroneous and several others who still visit with some regularity.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline rufio

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 12:23:46 PM »
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that your help was less accurate because you weren't TwoJeffs.  It's not like Sims 2 hacks are closed source, I'm sure there are plenty of people other than TwoJeffs who know how ACR works.  I was just trying to assess the deadness of the Sims 2 fandom.  MATY Sims 2 forums have been pretty dead for a long time, for example.  I was surprised they got as into Sims 3 as they did, considering how many people over there complained about it.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 03:32:15 PM »
There are plenty of places still going strong.  MTS still has new items posted from time to time, for example.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 01:31:18 AM »
Yeah, the only places that are truly dead are those that assumed no one was interested in TS2 anymore.  Garden of Shadows has a new theme thread every month and many of their creators have active blogs.  If there's anything you want recolored, retextured, defaulted or franken-meshed, you only have to ask on their "Wishing Tree" subforum.  A wonderful member named Prikke fixed a Maxis mesh for me, so now old guys can wear white shoes!

Sadly, I think the last Sims 1 site is TSR (I admire Ravena's pretty doors from time to time); the last little site, Simplesse Oblige, has new posts on it so infrequently that any questions you post may take ages to get a response on.  Hm, maybe I should put my "living with Servo" tutorial up....
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:33:38 AM by miros1 »

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2016, 07:04:06 AM »
Some forums have gotten quieter (like the asylum, GOS, N99 and here) but (thankfully) aren't dead.  MTS's forums are still pretty active. I've been visiting there to get my 'forum reading' bar filled.   :giggle:

I noticed that some others are returning to TS2 also.   :smile:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 07:31:50 AM »
Sims 2 may well be older than 3 or 4, but you could also say it's more mature.....

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2016, 01:58:38 PM »
Mature = third party modders have fixed the most annoying stuff?

I'm actually very proud of the Superstars
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 02:01:32 PM by miros1 »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 02:14:01 PM »
Exactly - belching and farting a thing of the past....

Pity SimFreaks is dead, or you could have added a lot of your clothing that needed meshes.... and I suppose for today's audience, you'd have to add Adele or Rhianna...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 02:16:20 PM by zephyrzodiac »

Offline rufio

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 08:33:56 PM »
Yeah, one of the things that disappointed me about TS3 was that with no mods, it felt like starting over - going back to when the game didn't do anything the way you wanted it to.  I have so much stuff in my game to perfect it to just what I want that I don't even really think about it anymore.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 01:03:11 AM »
I know what you mean!  A few years ago, while TJ was still around, I played a game vanilla so I could test a mod for him, and suddenly I was confronted with sims checking out every new item, walking into an occupied bathroom, and kids jumping on beds, etc. etc..... horrible.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 03:44:37 AM »
I'm so glad there are mods for all that crap! I would not have remained interested in this game for 8 years, if it hadn't been as customizable as it is.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 08:21:58 PM »
Exactly - belching and farting a thing of the past....

Pity SimFreaks is dead, or you could have added a lot of your clothing that needed meshes.... and I suppose for today's audience, you'd have to add Adele or Rhianna...

Damn, I lost the 98 machine when we lost our house (that was my own stupidity), so I lost my copies of the meshes (and a bunch of other stuff) too.  I don't know what Heather did to the SimFreaks site, but Jerome's meshes and Fionn's hairs went to the bit bucket in the sky even before the main site disappeared.  Guess she didn't back up the subdomains...

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 10:09:40 PM »
Heather just lost interest after the forum was hacked several times.  I have most of her SF2 stuff, but I lost all my SF1 stuff when I had a computer meltdown years ago, and never got around to getting it back.  Just kept hanging on for her to put everything on a CD....

It's such a shame, SF1 was just about the best Sims 1 site there was, and some of the artists uploading stuff there were brilliant.  I used to love Teresa's new objects, like the swing set and the rocking chair.

Guess what?  Ikbod's is still around, too.... http://moonsims.asi.org/ikbods/home.shtml
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 11:22:21 PM by zephyrzodiac »

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 08:15:46 AM »
Well, this was an ACR thing, because the Maxis kisses were available.  But I guess if it happens again, I'll just use a Maxis kiss to clear the first kiss out of the system...

Here I go, popping up with a comment about the problem prompting the post long after the thread's been derailed.   :rolleyes:

While your player sim had the kiss interactions available on the Maxis menu, chances are the NPC sim only had First Kiss. You could have forced a non-ACR kiss, then ACR would have kicked in.  TJ designed it so the opportunity for a First Kiss isn't missed because so romantic sim couldn't wait.  I think there's a mod dealing with the Mystery Sim that takes away the Maxis default First Kiss. My romance sims get really frustrated because of it.   :lol:

Offline rufio

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 08:08:55 PM »
I guess this is an argument against using the batbox to delete those memories - the hood would be full of adults getting their first kiss at 20!  I barely remember to delete the boring gossip as it is, though.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2016, 09:17:27 PM »
You are exactly right, rufio: deleting "Mystery Sim" memories the way the batbox does, indeed causes a problem with adults and YAs being hard to access for romance.

But then, the way the batbox handles "boring memories" is also somewhat problematic. It will delete all "Met Sim" memories indiscriminately. That means that only the "kissed Mystery Sim" and "did Woohoo with Mystery Sim" memories remain. But the option to kill Mystery Sim memories *specifically* tests for the "Met Mystery Sim" memory in order to identify the MS sequence. So, after "delete boring", it is no longer possible to delete "Mystery Sim" memories, though the option remains available in the menu.

I designed my "No Sim Loaded" mod, which - among other functions - automatically destroys a number of memories, to test whether the subject of a "Met Sim" memory is "Mystery Sim". If so, the memory is not deleted ever. This way, all boring memories are removed, but "Mystery Sim" sequences remain intact in case you wish to delete those using the batbox.

Offline rufio

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 08:37:25 AM »
I thought met sim memories were deleted by the "delete trash memories" option, and the boring gossip option just deleted gossip tokens that were no longer interesting enough to be gossiped about.  At least, that was how it was explained to me.  I don't delete the "trash" memories, because I actually prefer to keep them. 

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 08:55:14 AM »
You're right, of course.  I used to delete trash memories, but no longer need to with BO's NSL.  I don't worry about all the met sim memories, or the vast number of made 1st BFF memories, either.

I always delete the Mystery Sim memories unless the adult CAS sim is a single parent.  Funnily enough, I've found that some CAS students find it very hard to *awaken* while others it's almost instantaneous.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2016, 09:09:37 AM »
I thought met sim memories were deleted by the "delete trash memories" option, and the boring gossip option just deleted gossip tokens that were no longer interesting enough to be gossiped about.  At least, that was how it was explained to me.  I don't delete the "trash" memories, because I actually prefer to keep them.

You are absolutely right, ofcourse, rufio. Thank you for correcting me, and please forgive me for misquoting the correct phrases. I haven't used these options anymore ever since I created NSL to replace it, almost 6 yrs ago. So I forgot...

Offline MaryH

• Tempermental Tyke
  • Otherwise known as Mary of H.
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2016, 04:45:49 AM »
"I haven't used these options anymore ever since I created NSL to replace it, almost 6 yrs ago. So I forgot..."

Has it been that long? Oh, lord have mercy!

Between you and the late Mootilda, you both made it possible to have a perfectly-playing game without corruption.

For this, every Sims 2 player should bow down and thank you.

At least I do..

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2016, 06:24:23 AM »
 :blush:

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2016, 10:10:07 AM »
Um, is it the "met Sim" memories or the existence of a relationship resource with another Sim that determines if a Sim can make phone calls to other Sims?  I use a hack that lets Sims call anyone in the 'hood similar to the University call directory, because some of my Sims have a heck of a time meeting enough people for their next promotion!

Nice to know that NSL prevents enough trouble to balance out keeping the "trash memories"!

<snip>
Between you and the late Mootilda, you both made it possible to have a perfectly-playing game without corruption.

For this, every Sims 2 player should bow down and thank you.<snip>

We need a Mootilda gravestone so all our Sims can mourn her too.  Or I should add her to the shrine my Sims worship at.

BO's mods have the advantage of they fix what they say they fix and nothing more, unlike another certain modder several of whose mods are headed for the scrap heap as soon as I can find replacements. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:12:33 AM by miros1 »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2016, 10:30:38 AM »
The *met sim* memories don't affect whether the said sim is known to your sim, so they don't affect the phone book.  For all his faults, a certain modder would never have made it possible to delete them indiscriminately if they did.  Just as any other memory, deleting it doesn't mean something didn't happen, and it doesn't even stop your sim from gossiping about it.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2016, 11:09:33 AM »
Nah, his Sims don't have friends.  They all live in bunkers, eat BBQ babies, and shoot the mailman before he can deliver the bills.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2016, 11:39:07 AM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: @ miros1.

Anyway, ZZ is right: the memories are totally unimportant. Their only function is to provide you with a a timeline in which the proper order of events is logged, should you care about such things. It's the existence of the relationship files that determine that you can call a sim.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2016, 11:41:53 AM »
Well, he did get nastier.... really, he wasn't always like that.  Inge once said she thought he was really a little old lady who sat in a rocking chair knitting.

Thanks, BO, I knew I was right about that.... @thumb:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2016, 11:46:23 AM »
And *that* is where Inge's avatar originally came from, I bet: a shot of a sweet old lady in a rocking chair. It was to mock Pes! :cheese:

I mean, she's in her 60s now, but that old shot was of a much older lady, 10 years ago!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:49:31 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2016, 11:53:27 AM »
:rofl:

Offline Xfilesfreak

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2016, 05:07:20 PM »
An old lady knitting? Her name wouldn't happen to be Mrs. Crumplebottom would it?  :biglaugh:

Offline rufio

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2016, 06:56:18 PM »
I don't think Pescado is nearly as mean as everyone seems to think, actually.  There's a cult of personality centering around a really mean persona, IME the Pes himself never really said anything truly nasty that was actually in serious.  At least while I was there, he rarely said anything on MATY that wasn't directly related to hacks.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2016, 03:21:16 AM »
That's true, rufio. I have never had dealings with Pescado himself, so I can't say much about him as a person. One may say about Pes whatever one wants, but *I* only know two things about him:
  • He has a tendency to incorporate undocumented and unexpected features in many of his mods.
  • He has a bunch of mean fans who will tear you apart for asking questions about his mods and those features.
The first is his prerogative. If you don't agree with the way someone constructs their mods, you can refrain from using them. Which is what I try to do: I still have quite a few of Pes' mods in my game, simply because no better alternatives exist. If I can get rid of them in favor of something more to my liking, I will. Because that's my prerogative.
The second is something that isn't even his fault, so I've never held it against him. The worst one might be able to say, is that Pes doesn't stop those fans from tearing noobs apart. I always have and always will advise people to not ask questions at MATY, but that is not to avoid Pes himself at all.

Being mean is not on this list. Therefor I'd never say that about him.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2016, 04:12:46 AM »
Pes actually was never the reason I stopped posting at Maty.  I always found him very helpful and he taught me a great deal.  He actually got a good deal of teasing and was never, as far as I remember, particularly nasty in return.  Certain Matyites, however.....

Offline rufio

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2016, 08:53:03 AM »
I'd say he usually documents things reasonably well that can't be figured out from the options.  TJ did something similar with ACR 2 when he said in the documentation that the options should be obvious (but apparently making them always try for baby is not an option anymore...)  The only real exception for this is the batbox, and that's because a lot of things on it are "not for peasants".  Everyone's mods are going to be different, because everyone plays the game slightly differently.  Once you get used to the idea of how Pescado plays the game, the behavior of his mods becomes transparent.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2016, 11:00:18 AM »
I tend to agree, and still use a lot of Pes's mods.  I wouldn't be without macrotastics, for starters!

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2016, 04:46:58 PM »
I dunno, he's rather cruel to his favorites/staff.  Of course, they do stay there and take it, so I suppose there's a staff forum somewhere, where he's more gentle to them and they discuss being nasty on the main forums.  The owner himself has also labelled people 12s, which sets the whole community after them. 

Kind of like chickens and pecking order.  They rip on every speck of blood until most visitors give up and leave. 

One time, someone was foolish enough to post a WCIF for a certain hairstyle.  I sent her a link via PM, half expecting to never hear from her again.  Amazingly, she said thank you, although I don't think she ever posted on the forums again (at least not under that name).

Oh, well, when I'm in a crappy mood, I know where I can go to poke people with sticks and get over it.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2016, 04:51:45 PM »
Yep, if it was Facebook or Twitter, there's be a public outcry!

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2016, 05:07:26 PM »
Yeah, Macrotastics and lobonanny are must haves.  I haven't had any real nanny problems since installing lobonanny and doing the zip and delete on the (insert favorite slur on annoying elderly women here).  I had one nanny actually make cookies without burning down the whole house!  Forceable Yummy channel watching for the win!

Offline rufio

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2016, 06:08:42 PM »
Pes has a grumpy old man's dislike of teenagers, but that's not really anything new.  I've never seen him personally actually call any witchhunts, except against Walt.  I've never been eaten for asking WCIF on MATY, either, and god knows they don't like me.  They just get very upset over there if you post it outside the WCIF thread.

The "staff" as it were stays because they think it's cool to be assholes and they can justify it at MATY.  Nothing else to it, I don't think.  Also, I'm sure there are plenty of assholes on Facebook and twitter, without there being a "public outcry".  It's the internet, there are tons of assholes.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2016, 09:05:51 AM »
The assholes don't clump together in exactly the same way anywhere else.  Pes doesn't have to call a witchhunt.  The 12 label is enough to set the pecking in motion.

anything
anything