Author Topic: ACR Not Giving Out Tokens?  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Yuleball

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
ACR Not Giving Out Tokens?
« on: February 28, 2016, 01:33:02 PM »
Hello!

I apologise  for my first post being a question, but I'm having some trouble with ACR 2.0 and am desperate to get it sorted.

I moved the first sim into my new neighbourhood and spawned an adjuster. There was no 'Show My Token Stats' option, and as this has happened before, I figured I'd just have to make do without my first sim having a token. I set all of my usual parameters in ACR, and when some townies came by via welcome wagon, I checked them and they all had tokens.

Then I moved two more custom sims into the neighbourhood. I waited a full sim day and neither of them was given a token. I'm not sure what's happened, but I think I might be responsible:

I have tried to mod the main controller so that it extends the fertility curve to match the longer lifespan I play with. I modded the Sub - Pregnancy Chance  bhav and the fertility curve in the bcon. I didn't touch anything else.

Could that be what's causing the problem with sims not getting tokens?

All of your help is greatly appreciated!

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
Re: ACR Not Giving Out Tokens?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 02:22:36 PM »
There should be an option to give them a token.  :hmm:  If that is missing then I would try re-setting ACR (via that option) and see if that helps. Otherwise, switch to a un-edited version to see if they then get tokens (may have to reset it again).

Otherwise, I'm clueless.   :P
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 03:22:17 PM »
Hi Yuleball,

I agree with Sleepy: if the option to "Show my Token Stats" isn't available, under "Sim Settings" the option to "Give Token" should be there.
It is possible that tokens are not usually given to the active family. I don't remember if the documentation said something to that effect. If so, then there is an alternative to giving them a token yourself: you could temporarily play another family for a sim day or so. After that, you could check if your custom family has automatically recieved tokens.

If all the above doesn't help, I would agree with Sleepy's advice to try an unmodded version of ACR, to see if that fixes your issue. And if it does fix it, then you obviously broke something when modding it.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Yuleball

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 04:37:10 PM »
Thank you both!

I'm thinking I've definitely borked something somewhere. Giving out tokens manually only resets the active sim (they kind of 'jump' hopefully I'm describing this properly!) and then the game continues without any tokens being given to the active sim or any other sim on the lot.

I've dragged the main controller back into SimPE to see if I can figure out what I did wrong (I'm definitely wishing I picked something less ambitious to start my modding career as it were  :omg:)

I think it's something to do with the Tuning that sets the pregnancy percentage. I didn't add any extra days to it as my sim's lifespans are probably 10x the original or more, but that would go towards explaining why townies are getting tokens without a problem and custom sims aren't. Still, I've started over and followed the instructions from this thread: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=869.msg24872#msg24872 .

If you all don't mind, I'll give the newly  modded controller a whirl and report back? It seems like a few people have wanted to mess about with it when it comes to longer lifespans, and I wouldn't mind sharing any findings!

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 06:32:36 PM »
I'm sure some people would like it if you shared anything you figured out.  I was going to suggest you use BOs lovely slow aging mod because then you could save yourself some headaches.  :giggle:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 09:56:33 PM »
I just mess around in game with the percentages.  Fix the global odds much higher to start with and play it from there.... in my last PV, Mary Sue was nearly an elder even after two lots of elixir, and she got pregnant (much to her surprise and mine...).
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Yuleball

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 03:50:14 PM »
I've discovered several mods I never new about today - including the Slow Aging mod - Mr BoilingOil, you are a genius!

I'm committed to messing about with ACR right now, but I think I might drop your mod in when I play the Maxis hoods (the premades could do with a bit more life!)

I think intially I started this because the stats on my adults kept saying 0% chance out of 10,000 even though I'd set the percentages to around 45%. I did a bit of research and realised that longer lifespans don't really mesh well with ACR so I thought I'd be able to do something like what AlmightyHat did and customise ACR to fit my preferred lifespan...

In any case the controller is still borked. I'm almost positive it's because I didn't make any changes to the Tuning BCON. All the townies have tokens no problem, but custom sims still can't get or be given one. I'll keep trying. Thank you all for you help!

Offline Yuleball

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 08:48:29 AM »
After testing it out last night I've figured out that there's just one more piece I've been forgetting to change. I think I also need to edit the part of the BHAV mentioned here:

The original BHAV checked to see if the total age was less than or equal to 22 days (roughly 16 years) so I altered that to reflect 16 years in my mod (256 days). If the subject was greater than 22 days it checked to see if it was greater than 50 days as well. I looked at how it handled things and after a great deal of deliberation I picked 44 as the point when fertility would hit 0. This translates to 704 days in my mod and I altered the BHAV to match. Since the remaining time was a measure of the days between 22 and 50 I altered the BHAV to subtract 256 from the age and divide the result of that by 16 to get the appropriate number to check against the BCON.

I think I've actually done the rest, but I have no idea where to do that last bit as the creator wasn't clear on that point (it's from a thread on MATY)

Would anyone happen to know where I could find that part of the BHAV?

Thank you so much!

Offline croiduire

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 06:17:26 PM »
If I were you, I'd check with Almighty Hat. After some computer issues, she's back to active creating again. If you get it sorted, please report back; I've battled with the same problem off-and-on for literally years--I get discouraged, set it aside, but eventually come back and poke at it again. Hat's mod is very close for me, but I'd eventually like to fine-tune it a bit.

anything