Author Topic: Problem with ACR  (Read 2926 times)

Offline hedgekat

• Highchair Hipster
Problem with ACR
« on: February 14, 2016, 07:36:46 PM »
I'm still having problems with TS2 overall so decided to remove downloads and go back to an old save of my game.   I left in only InSim, Sim Blender, InTeen, ACR and Unlimited Sims since I don't think I could play the game at all without them.

ACR had been working perfectly for both adults and teens.  I found the attraction score that I inquired about in my previous post in this section.  It's the Will I Woohoo? button under Casual in the menu.  That also worked for both adults and teens. 

Now it doesn't. Works for adults with adults and for teens with teens, but not for teens with adults or vice versa. I checked Global Switches and Teen-adult interactions was enabled.  I was wanting to see if my still unattached twenty-somethings had any attractions to any of the teens in the hood. Doesn't work.  I noticed also that neither teens nor adults have the option to flirt or kiss with the other, even if they already have a friendly relationship.  The Casual button is on the menu but it always gives an attraction of 0 even if the couple had a positive attraction previously.

I am assuming that I have failed to set something but I have no idea what it is.  I did have ACR out of the downloads folder the first time I logged in to this save so I think it reset something but don't  know what to do about it.  Hope someone can give me a clue.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
Re: Problem with ACR
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 07:55:14 PM »
You could try forcing a reset via an option on the adjuster. I forget exactly where it is but it's there.  :P  Sometimes resetting can fix things that go wonky (specially when you've removed ACR for a bit).

Is an adjuster on the lot? I know teens (and elders) need the adjuster on the lot to autonomously do stuff but I don't know quite what is affected by that (gee, I'm a ton of help). 
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 08:41:33 PM »
When you logged into your hood without ACR present, all the existing ACR tokens were summarily deleted as being invalid objects. So ACR is now in its Default state, where Teen-Adult Interactions are not yet enabled! Here's how you fix that:

Click the active sim, and from the menu, select "Adjust.../Casual Romance.../Spawn Adjuster".
Then, on the adjuster, select "Hood-Wide Settings.../Global Switches..."

Now look at the menu. If one of the options reads "Teen-Adult Interactions are Disabled", then CLICK that option to toggle it to Enabled!
Now there is one more thing to remember. Adults cannot do all interactions with a teen who hasn't had her first kiss yet. The teen can give the first kiss to an adult, but not recieve it from them. It must always be initiated by a teen!

This should get you going again!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 09:10:14 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 09:49:04 PM »
I've never seen a teen and an adult (or even a YA) have lightning bolts for each other (that's EA, not ACR), but they can still Booty Call each other (that's ACR, not EA.)
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline hedgekat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 08:27:35 AM »
@sleepycat  _ Yes, the adjuster is on the lot.  First thing I put in, even before all the walls were up.  I recall seeing the reset button on there, in misc I think.  I will give that a try.

@Boiling Oil- I doublechecked the TeenAdult Interactions switch. Even turned it off and turned it back on.  I also checked to make sure everyone had a token.  As for First Kiss, all of these teens have had that and most have had first woohoo.  I haven't finished the first day of play yet but six couples have made use of the double beds. One 16 year old Romance sim has been upstairs twice. LOL  But the flirt option should be present even if they haven't yet had first kiss, shouldn't it?   However the teens can flirt with each other but not with the adults.

@zephyrzodiac -  I didn't expect any lightning bolts but the ACR attraction score is already there. Or should be.  And I have found that it correlates very closely with the lightning bolts.

I checked my history notes on one teen boy and saw that he already had a 116 attraction score for an older woman in his home hood. I teleported her in briefly to check. He got a 0, just like with all the new ones.

Since I have 4 subhoods  what I did was pull 16yo's from one subhood, 17yo's from the second, 18yo's from the third and put them in a dormitory on the fourth subhood with two adults just graduated from Uni.  This gives the teens the opportunity to meet the younger teens in this subhood as well as the unattached twenty-somethings  and even older. But it will only work if I can find out the attraction scores.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 01:31:32 PM »
Personally, I only allow a relationship between teens and YAs if there was a pre-existing relationship when they were both teens.  Anything else, to me, says *Paedophilia*!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 02:58:22 PM »
* BoilingOil is a bit sad... Nobody says "Ancient Highway", or "Zephyr Zodiac" or "Sleepy Cat" with a space in their name ... so why do people call me "Boiling Oil" with a space? :cry:

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 03:21:08 PM »
Possibly because they copy/paste us, but type you?  :hug:

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 05:36:28 PM »
I usually let my teens do who they want. When I was a teen, I dated some guys in their twenties so how could I limit my sim pixels.  :wink:

hedgekat, if the reset doesn't work, I'm not sure what else to suggest trying.

poor BoilingOil, maybe it's cause the O is capitalized?
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 05:56:39 PM »
Times, and social opinions, have changed since Jerry Lee Lewis married a 13-year-old.... Actually, if I was playing a 50's or 60's hood, I probably would allow certain relationships, too, but depending, perhaps, on how far along the teen age bar they are, and definitely not with elders!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 10:38:58 PM »
In my game, (young) Adults don't usually 'relate' with Teens or Elders. And when it happens, usually at least the younger sim of the two is of a somewhat - let's say - loose morale: a Romance sim or a Plantsim. The only real 'reason' being, that I don't find such activity very appealing to look at, and don't need too much of it. Teen-Elder 'relations' do not occur at all, because I find that in one word disgusting.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 10:52:56 PM »
As I said, I normally only allow teen/YA relationships where they were originally teen/teen, and one went to college before the other.  I don't like my sims being too far apart in age, simply because I don't want one dying of old age before the other has graduated!

I think, though, here in the UK we've had so much stuff happening recently that it makes even normal relationships with an age gap look suspect.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 11:05:31 PM »
I understand that completely, ZZ. Death, especially of old age, doesn't often occur in my game, either. Just because most of the time I can't properly deal with my sims being unhappy over losing someone.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 11:22:03 PM »
It's also happening far too often in RL to people of my age!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 12:47:16 AM »
Yeah, as we get more experienced at being as young as we feel <grin, the glass is more than half full here>, losing people is more likely to happen. A sad fact of life.

anything