Author Topic: CEP after Ultimate Collection downloaded  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Foxybaby

• Mushloving Mophead
  • Fox Flowers!!!
CEP after Ultimate Collection downloaded
« on: January 01, 2016, 04:51:31 PM »
HI Guys

Hope you're all good. I've downloaded The Ultimate Collection, I had to as my game was crashing constantly and I was advised it was because it was no longer supported=wouldn't even start up at times. Anyway, Realised that CEP would need to be reinstalled and it didn't go in the usual places and needs to be done manually. The MMAT file goes in the 3D folder in the program files, and the CEP extra folder goes in the catalog. No-where can I find where the GMND file is supposed to go. My game crashed as soon as I tried to go into a lot so I removed the GMND file completely, no crash yet, however the objects it was intended to make options for are back to single option (i.e. the potty). Any ideas?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: CEP after Ultimate Collection downloaded
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 05:12:23 PM »
Whoever told you that?  Hundreds of our members are playing the original discs without any problems, supported or not!

If your game is having problems, I would honestly suggest you try to sort them out, since if you use the same set of downloads with the UC, your problems may well not go away.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Foxybaby

• Mushloving Mophead
  • Fox Flowers!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 01:37:55 PM »
My game was a mixture of discs and origin, so maybe that was an issue. I googled and looked on a few other forums and it seemed to be a known issue that since it became unsupported it was causing issues. It would get the "crashed and terminating" error after about an hours play and then it wouldn't reload from the short cut or from the program files directly. I'd not added any more hacks or questionable downloads in over a year since I'd last played so I couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Anyway, I've since, in the last few hours, after lots of hissy fits, managed to figure out the GMND stays in the downloads folder. Going to strip out some of my downloads too as there's loads of meshes and recolours I wouldn't use anymore. Weird how you get older your taste in Sims furniture & clothes change too 😂

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 04:26:22 PM »
I think you might need to upgrade Origin, and then reinstall those downloaded EPs - I know they are still available, at least up to a few months ago, so it would be worth checking.  At least with using your discs/downloads, if you want to reinstall on another computer and select only a few EPs and SPs, you can, so even if you install the UC to play now, it would be a good idea to keep your discs safe and check out those downloads.  (Just loaded Origin and checked, Pets and Seasons which I originally had as downloads are still available to redownload if I want.)

Definitely worth a bit of house-cleaning in your downloads folder, and while you're doing it, could I recommend this from MTS: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=525591
It's a fantastic space-saver.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 05:35:19 AM »
Install the said files and folder as follows:

a) _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package:
This file must be copied into your Downloads folder (overwriting any older version you might already have in there).

b) _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package:
This file must be copied into your *PROGRAM* installation folder (not in the Documents folder!).
In a standard installation, the exact path is C:\PROGRAM FILES\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D
but if you have changed the installation path while installing the game, it may be different.
NOTE 1: regardless your game configuration (i.e. the EPs that you have installed), the location for the MMAT file is always the one pointed out above.
NOTE 2: The name of the folder "The Sims 2" may be different, if your game is installed in other languages than English.

c) "Extras" folder:
Open it and you will find 2 subfolders, "MyDocuments" and "ProgramFiles".

c1) Open the "MyDocuments" folder and move the entire "zCEP-EXTRA" subfolder, along with the several files contained in it, in:
(My Documents)\EA Games\The Sims 2
NOTE: *DO NOT* put the "zCEP-EXTRA" folder into the Downloads. It goes into the main "The Sims 2" folder!
c2) Open the "ProgramFiles" folder and move the entire "zCEP-EXTRA" subfolder, along with the several files contained in it, in:
(Program Files)\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog
NOTE: I mean the PROGRAM FILES folder! It's the one where you installed THE GAME (usually, C:\Program Files)

Install path for UC.
C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D\
C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\

anything