Author Topic: Babies no longer wake every sim in the room  (Read 2533 times)

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
Babies no longer wake every sim in the room
« on: November 01, 2015, 02:52:57 AM »
Is this a thing? I'm sure that I saw it years ago but now that I need it, I can't find it  :dry:

In one of the later EPs, I don't know if it was Freetime or AL, there's an annoying "feature" added which means that if a baby is placed on the floor, awake, but not crying, no other sims can sleep in the same room. They'll wake with a symbol indicating the baby is noisy.

This might not be a problem in a regular hood, but in my apocalypse challenge hood, where the family just had triplets and NO money or space for extra cribs, it's stupid. In my previous apocalypse hood incarnations, I used to let sims dump babies on the floor all the time. They grow up well enough with an occasional bottle, cuddle and diaper change, and my adults and teens are rather busy trying to survive, stave off sickness, succeed in careers despite low motives and aspiration and populate the next generation with as many members as possible!

I don't mind the older sims waking up from having a crying baby in the same room, of course, but when the baby is lying there perfectly content, they should NOT wake older sims up.

Any mod suggestions for me?
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Babies no longer wake every sim in the room
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 03:43:41 AM »
I think it was Seasons where babies kept crying even though they were fed, bathed, changed, cuddled etc.  I don't know whether being left on the floor had the same effect, since my babies never get left on the floor in a bedroom.  Put the crib(s) in another room and there will be no reason for babies ever to be taken into the bedroom at all.... but of course, if you don't have a bedroom with an actual door, this could be a problem...
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
    • LilSister's Sims Family Affair
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 06:59:01 AM »
I use "noisedoesn'twakeanyoneup" by Squinge. It works for everything - Sims can sleep while others watch TV, listen to the radio, etc.

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=0dc55f44cf9cc7a4237277b24fc1fd83&topic=9483.0

Edit: Sorry I originally stated it was from MATY - I had it in the wrong folder.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 07:19:32 AM by LilSister »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 07:05:08 AM »
That's extremely helpful, LilSister. I never knew such a thing even existed! Thank you so much :bow:

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
    • LilSister's Sims Family Affair
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 07:13:15 AM »
My pleasure BO  :thumb: it's one of my can't live without mods. See my post for edit and I've included the link.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 08:05:31 AM »
Ah, that link explains why I didn't find it in my MATY collection :) Thanks for the update.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 08:04:13 AM »
I don't remember what it is called but it takes 1 square of space and you place a baby in it and he/she will play with the dangly items and a baby swinging chair.
You can see pics of recolors of them here. http://forum.livingsims.net/showthread.php?tid=3508

There somewhere in this download    http://simfil.es/8230/

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 10:07:37 AM »
Mark, have you seen this page? Those were Sims 2 store objects named the Danglemaster Deluxe and the Bouncinater 3000. They got hacked and redistributed pretty quickly, though. Don't remember where I picked them up - maybe Maty, MTS or Insim -, but I've had them for years.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:10:46 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 11:26:21 AM »
Simsfreq, do you have Inge's toddler sleep through night patch?  It works for babies, too, and they generally stay asleep until 6 am.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 01:54:36 PM »
Yes I seen that page BO but could not find it when I went and looked.

What I have link to is every thing you could have bought at EA's Sims 2 store all in 1 download if any one else is interested in it.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 02:30:02 PM »
Thank you! :thumb:

Offline croiduire

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 10:35:08 AM »
Simsfreq, I don't know if you still need something like this any more, but "I" (see thread) combined Atavera's floor blanket with Inge's CribSleepNight mod. A piece of cloth on the ground shouldn't violate any apocalypse challenge parameters, and it will keep anyone else in the room from being disturbed unless the infant or toddler starts crying.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 10:54:50 AM »
That post fired up the 'way-back-when' machine for me :)

Offline croiduire

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 11:47:27 AM »
It was a very long time ago, but it's still working like it should, and I think it might be safer than not awakening for any noise.

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 03:30:55 PM »
Thanks for the link! I am still interested, but unfortunately haven't found anything which quite fits the bill. I don't want something I have to tell the sim to put the baby into manually; I have lots of things which will already do that, and that's not the problem. I also don't want my babies and toddlers to sleep through the night, particularly. I would just like to restore the old behaviour that a baby lying peacefully on the floor, not uncomfortable, not crying, doesn't magically wake other sims. But it seems this is not an issue which bothers anybody else enough to have modded it :) So unless I happen to learn enough about modding some day to go in and change this, it seems unlikely I'll find it. But thanks for looking!

Actually... I originally discounted that sims waking up hack but actually, you know, I think I might go with it. Because there's nothing stopping me from manually waking the sims when the baby really is crying, after all. As long as alarm clocks still work, that might fix this for me!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 03:33:07 PM by simsfreq »
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

anything
anything