Author Topic: Max Career NOT Max Teen Career!  (Read 2397 times)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Max Career NOT Max Teen Career!
« on: October 26, 2015, 10:26:19 AM »
At the moment, any teen who maxes their teen career (yeah, really, really hard...) gets the Max Career Benefit.

I would love a mod which prevents this, and only allows the Benefit for maxing the complete adult career.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: Max Career NOT Max Teen Career!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 12:39:41 PM »
I *do* remember having seen teens get the max career achievement, indeed. But I also believe that not all teens get this.

Perhaps I'll have a look-see into this issue.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 03:34:18 PM »
Well, I checked all my YA's who had a teen career, and I've started checking those in the main hood, and both those with YA careers and the few I've checked with BG careers all seem to have the benefit.  It's no wonder that teens growing up to be YAs have so much more going for them than YAs created in Uni!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 03:47:39 PM »
I've never seen teens get the career reward, which actually comes around level 4 or 5 in the career.  I know there's a cheat to unlock the all career rewards, but I'm sure that's not what happened.  My guess is you have a mod that enables the reward for teens that reach their top.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 04:00:13 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, it's not the rewards that ZZ is talking about, AH. Because you're right: THAT is not released until at least level 5, and sometimes level 6 or 7.

What ZZ is talking about, I suppose, is the "Maxed Career" achievement that teens gain undeservedly.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 04:15:54 PM »
It's one of the benefits that get unlocked.  You can find them all with the batbox under Info/lifetime rewards (I think).  I think I'm right in assuming that adults who max their career also unlock this benefit, so I think that for some reason the game failed to distinguish which career (teen or adult or elder) should count for the reward.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 09:53:49 PM »
Ah, the aspiration benefit.  I can't speak about those as I pay no attention to aspiration anyway.  Heading back to my hole in the ground.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 04:17:17 PM »
So you're saying my overachiever teens can hit the top of the teen career, then be a bum for the rest of their lives, and they'll still get the plat tombstone?  You're right, they don't deserve that!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 06:16:05 PM »
I don't think the plat tombstone is affected by maxing the aspiration benefits, that still, I think, would depend on being in platinum mood when they die.

However, I do think it stinks that a teen who stays home after school to mind the kids may never get the chance to even have a teen career, even though they are being more benefit to their family than the paltry sum of money the teen jobs pay!

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 03:12:51 AM »
Yes, but they can get permaplat from maxing out LTA. I have a mod which cancels that, perhaps a cyjon one? Because it seems stupid to me. Whether or not you learnt a nursery rhyme as a toddler has no effect on happiness in old age.
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 03:37:16 AM »
Hook over at Maty has one that stops permaplat being permanent.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 03:46:19 PM »
jFade has a mod that give scholarships for maxing out the "hidden" skills like dancing, so that gives them a boost plus money for college. 

Hm, wonder if a Uni student could convert scholarship money into buyable goods, give them to a visiting parent, and contribute to the family's income that way....

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 08:41:28 PM »
Or simply restore a car or two in their spare time and use Pes's money order to send them some cash.  I do it the other way round quite often.

anything