Author Topic: Weird problem with aging males  (Read 3853 times)

Offline cjvandever

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
Weird problem with aging males
« on: September 20, 2015, 02:53:39 PM »
List what version you have installed - Apartment Life 19C
List what flavor packs you installed - None
List ALL the expansion packs you have, and if your core game is one of the Deluxe packages - I have all the expansion pack and all my game is not one of the deluxe packages.
List ALL stuff packs you have - I have all the stuff packs.
List your System Operating System- Windows 7

I think I'm having a conflict with the Sim Blender and Inteen. I ran the HDCU and it showed no conflicts at all, but when I try to age my middle-aged male sims with the Sim Blender and Inteen is installed, my game crashes everytime. I can age males through other age transitions without a problem. I can age females from infant to elder, no problem. it's just with the males. When I take Inteen out of the game, I have no problem with aging the males through elder. I can't figure out why this would be happening. it doesn't make any sense to me that this one specific age group is causing such problems. I must have Inteen and the Sim Blender. The other must have mod I have installed is the ACR, but I have been using all three together for some time with no problems. Haallp!

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
Re: Weird problem with aging males
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 03:46:37 PM »
Changing the age of your sim will have no effect of both the blender or inteen so it sounds like you have something else going wrong in your game.

I have changed all age groups at one time or another and I have always had Sim Blender and when I was changing ages I also had Inteen in.

Try this, remove your "The Sims 2" folder from My Doc and let the game gen up a new set of files and folders and try it in a test hood and see what happens.

What age is "middle-aged" for you.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 07:19:42 PM »
It would help us if you could upload the error log generated when your game crashed.  Usually this will be a Sims 2 Exception file in the Logs folder.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline cjvandever

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 12:37:31 PM »
To me, middle-aged is 6-9 days before elder birthday. Here is the exception log you asked to see. Thanks for your help!

(Edited to remove the rather lengthy pasted Exception data, which the author has now attached in reply #6 - BoilingOil) - My PHAIL! the exception file was not attached... sorry.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 02:28:12 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline cjvandever

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 01:12:14 PM »
I should also add that it is happening when I age them to 2-3 days before their elder birthday and then just let them age to elder.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 03:50:16 PM »
I thought maybe it was a memory shortage, but the exception file doesn't appear to show that.  (BTW, in future, it's preferable to .zip up the file and use the Attachments facility).

There is clearly, though, something happening to cause the problem, hence the Access Violation, but what it is I can't see, but maybe someone else can.  Try forcing an error on the Blender, and then upload the error log.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline cjvandever

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 06:12:42 PM »
Here you go. Sorry about not zipping the error log!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 12:38:04 AM »
Well, we need to wait and see whether BoilingOil or Ancient Highway can make anything of that - though I think they might want you to repeat using a male sim that you are about to age up.

Don't worry about the Sims2Exception, it takes a while to familiarise yourself with a new forum.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 02:25:16 AM »
I'm sorry to say I've never been any good with extracting useful information from exception files. But I'll give it a second glance anyway - perhaps there is still something that leaps out at me, suggesting a solution to the issue. Still, I think the our best chance lies with AH at this time.

Could you attach it as a zip or rar file, cjvandever?

Anyway, looking at the object error confuses the heck out of me... I would have expected the Sim itself to cause some error at the moment of aging up, but this only mentions the Sim Blender. Did this error occur the moment you used the blender to change the sims age?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 02:32:30 AM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 03:04:57 AM »
I asked cjvandever to force an error on the Blender, as I thought it might be helpful.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 06:38:10 AM »
It was a good idea, ZZ. :thumb:

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline cjvandever

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 02:56:27 PM »
I decided to try Mark93's suggestion of letting the game generate new files, so I pulled my game and started the game over. When I did that the Desiderata Valley neighborhood, where I have been playing (and having the problem), was completely missing. So, I put back my neighborhoods from the old game, put back my mods, one at a time and it seems to be OK for now. Serious borkage is probably bound to ensue, given that the neighborhood was completely gone on a fresh restart, so you may see me back here. I wanted to thank everyone who tried to help. I really appreciate it.  :smile:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 05:07:01 PM »
Just a suggestion - did you forget to patch Free Time?

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 12:20:12 PM »
Sounds like the problem was solved.  Now onto other issues that may pertain to the problem or brought up in the thread:

1. Forcing an error will not help identify what is causing a runtime error, although it does provide information of objects, and in some cases mods, that are on the lot.  Playing with testing cheats enabled will capture the runtime error.  Toggle in on or off as desired (I play with it always on and have never had a problem.  It actually helped me identify mod incompatibilities.)

2. Maxis created characters, especially the base game ones, are full of crap data that if left unchecked will cause serious problems.  Playing with Inteen, the simple way to fix much of those issues is to simply place a Biological Clock for each of the Maxis created characters.  If you play without Inteen a cleaned up neighborhood with these fixed characters will to it.  I think Sleepycat may have even done something for the characters only.

anything