Author Topic: Simblender question  (Read 5789 times)

Offline Xfilesfreak

• Mushloving Mophead
Simblender question
« on: August 02, 2015, 01:51:09 PM »
I just downloaded the simblender for the sole purpose of finding out my sims OTH. I have looked in every folder and can't find a way to see it.

Under traits you find hobbies and it does say OTH but the only options are choose a hobby you want to assign to them or give them a random one. There doesn't seem to be an option to see what their OTH already is.

Does this mean they don't have one or am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Simblender question
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 02:47:41 PM »
You really need the FFS Debugger from Maty for this.  Sometimes, though, a sim does not have an OTH until they actually gain enthusiasm in a particular hobby.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 03:10:50 PM »
If you go to "choose a hobby", the one the sim has is greyed out (selected), that's how you see it. If you don't select another one, nothing will change.
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline Xfilesfreak

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 04:03:03 PM »
None of the hobbies are grayed out(for either of them) so I guess that means they don't have one and I'll have to choose them. Thanks

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 04:17:06 PM »
Or maybe they already have one, but they haven't discovered it themselves yet. The Batbox (aka the FFS Debugger) is indeed a better tool to see that than the SimBlender.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Xfilesfreak

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 04:19:01 PM »
Oh ok I'll try that then. But if they discovered it themselves I wouldn't need the batbox or simblender right? I'm a little confused.

EDIT- Got the batbox but same results. No hobbies grayed out.  :hmm:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 04:46:40 PM by Xfilesfreak »

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 05:27:38 PM »
Hobbies are overrated.  There isn't a hobby lot that I'd consider visiting.  Been there, not impressed.  Well, perhaps the Arts and Crafts lot for the sewing machine and pottery wheel, but money isn't a problem even when trying to restrict it in game, so I just buy the hobby benches I want.  I don't recall a hobby perk worth having except for summon aliens for those that want to be abducted.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 09:36:51 PM »
The Fitness perk (the protein shake) is pretty good.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline Xfilesfreak

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 01:15:58 PM »
I don't care so much about the hobbies themselves its the aspiration benefit points from maxing their OTH that I want. The sims in question were made in CAS as adults with relationship set to married so they missed out on several opportunities to get pts as younger sims.

I've given up on trying to find the OTH at this point. I'm just gonna use simblender and assign hobbies to them. They'll probably make more sense that way anyhow. Thanks everyone  :cheese: :wink:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 02:46:21 PM »
Those missed points could still be collected through the "Info.../LTA milestones.../" menu on the batbox.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Xfilesfreak

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 04:36:50 PM »
BO- that is awesome, I had no idea you could get those points. This is going to make things much easier. Thank you so much  :cheese:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 02:46:14 AM »
Be careful, though, if you don't want your unmarried sims to have the Mystery Sim Memories.  You would need to use the Batbox option to remove those memories BEFORE you replace those early milestones.

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
    • LilSister's Sims Family Affair
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 07:44:45 PM »
Sims OTH it can be found by clicking on the "kite" on the Sims panel where you find their hobby enthusiasm. If the game has chosen a Sims OTH they will be circles around each notch (for lack of a better term) of that particular hobby.  If no hobby has been chosen there won't be any circles but each notch will fill as Sims advance in that hobby.

In the attached pic the game chose sports as this Sim's OTH. Sometimes what the game chooses doesn't make sense as the Sim will have no interest in that particular area. In this case the game has it right as this Sim has a full bar for interest in sports. However right now she is showing more interest in science.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 07:51:35 PM by LilSister »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 04:31:32 AM »
Some sims *do* have an OTH selected, but if they haven't done anything that's related to that hobby yet, you won't see anything until you enable testingcheats, and then temporarily drag a point into each hobby to see if it will highlight any of them. The one that *does* highlight, is it!

Offline Xfilesfreak

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 02:26:01 PM »
I ended up using the sims blender to assign them hobbies. She got nature since she's been the main gardener and he got gaming since he's now top of the gamer career track. Thanks all

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 03:02:43 PM »
I usually use the Randomize button in these cases, that way there is still an element of chance involved.

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 05:32:52 PM »
BO the Sims OTH was highlighted before the Sim did anything to gain any points. I've had many Sims like this. Some have OTH chosen by the game and some do not. This particular Sim earned those points playing ball with her cousins at their homes. However, sports was highlighted on the day she became a child. I've never enabled testing cheats for hobbies.

Zeph I've the used the randomize personality function for CAS townies and playable Sims. I leave born-in-game Sims as they are.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2015, 05:56:29 PM »
LilSister, I did not say that you enabled testing cheats, and I didn't say that you were wrong either. I only mentioned that when a sim's OTH has not been marked yet, it doesn't mean that they haven't chosen one yet. Their OTH may already be determined, but they just haven't discovered it yet, because they haven't done anything related to it.
I've learned that from experience. I've had lots of sims who only discovered their OTH once they did a related activity, even though that OTH had not been marked before.

For example:

A sim studies cleaning or cleans a toilet, and then you get a message that they had fun doing that Nature activity.
A sim starts jumping rope, and informs you that they had fun doing this fitness thing.
Even toddlers playing with the right toy, may discover that they like science, music & dance, or arts & crafts.

Before they discovered that, you had no indication of what their hobby might be, but once the notification has been given, their OTH *is* marked. And in *these* cases, if you want to find it out before they do, you *can* find it out by the testing-cheat trick that I mentioned. That doesn't mean that I implied that you had done it that way.

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 09:29:44 AM »
Sorry BO,  I didn't mean to infer that I felt that you were saying ... well you know . .... :biglaugh:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 10:23:52 AM »
It's ok, LilSister. Maybe my explanation could've been less confusing that time... :D

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 01:33:25 PM »
I think if none are greyed out it means one has not yet been assigned. The game will have a setting for this in order to upgrade pre-FT sims to the FT state. I expect if you played them a little while, and checked again, one will appear.

Certainly I notice that a hobby is greyed out on the blender even before one appears highlighted in their box.

Sometimes they can "discover" a hobby in surprising ways - I've had some discover their OTH while dreaming, and most of the toddler toys are also coded to work towards a hobby so they can discover a hobby in toddlerhood too before doing anything to build up one point. You only have to direct them to do a hobby-related action for a second to discover if it's their OTH or not. Viewing the special FT deco items also counts :) Perhaps you could create a community lot with these items all available to view and take sims there for their grand hobby unveiling?

Edit: In fact I think we are saying the same thing in different ways, BO :)
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 02:02:49 PM »
If you look in SimPE, it's possible to remove all points for all hobbies and assign a *hidden* hobby, and sometimes the sim in question will go on to get an OTH, sometimes they won't.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 04:30:56 PM »
Edit: In fact I think we are saying the same thing in different ways, BO :)

Except for one detail, I think so too. I still believe that even if none are greyed out on the Blender, the sim may still already have an OTH assigned to them. They just haven't discovered what it is that they like, yet.

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 03:29:34 AM »
I haven't found that to be the case, I usually find that they have one greyed out but still haven't discovered theirs. But I don't think I've ever seen them without one being greyed out. So that's an interesting point. Though it's not as though I check them regularly.
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 06:29:12 AM »
Yup, as I said, that's where we feel differently about it. Nothing wrong with that, eh? :D

anything