Author Topic: GO TO WORK  (Read 1567 times)

Offline megeliza

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
GO TO WORK
« on: June 05, 2015, 09:35:41 PM »
is there a mod out there  to enable sims to go to work from downtown         :unsure: :unsure:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: GO TO WORK
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 10:04:13 PM »
no??

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 02:59:43 AM »
If sims live downtown, they will go to work as scheduled if they are home.  If a sim is selectable on a home lot other than their own, they will go to work as scheduled (and funds added to the visited home lot).  There is no mod available though to make a sim go to work if they are not on their home lot and not selectable or on any community lot.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 02:12:35 PM »
I'm just wondering - didn't Crammyboy have a mod that synchronized community lot time with a sim's home lot time?  If so, and someone has this mod in their game, a sim who visits a community lot may well arrive back home after the carpool has, theoretically, left without them..... in a normal game, of course, this probably wouldn't happen, unless they go to the community lot when the carpool has arrived - in which case, of course, you would be intending them to give up a vacation day.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline megeliza

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 02:14:36 PM »
ok ....ty for your help

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 03:33:12 PM »
You're right ZZ.  I won't play without it.  I've had many adults late for work or missing work completely, not to mention students late for class or missing school completely.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

Without the mod, time stops on the residential lot so missing work or school isn't possible.  If a mod sent them to work from a community lot, the person would manage to get two work days out of one.  Even as it is, with community lot skilling mods, one can gain twice as many skills in the "same" amount of time.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 04:18:04 PM »
It would be worse with community skilling but without the time sync. Sims could leave the home lot, get some skilling in at a comm lot, come back home roughly half an hour after they left, go to another comm lot, lather, rinse, repeat. If a mod were to allow them to go to work from a comm lot, that could be abused in an equally ridiculous fashion.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 04:37:38 PM »
One thing that bothers me is vacations, no matter if it's a 3 day or 7 day take no time at all from the residential lot.  Seven days of non-stop skilling at the cost of maybe an hour waiting for taxis.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 06:43:44 PM »
I know exactly what you mean, AH. I don't do comm lot skilling for that same reason. On the other hand, I don't do time syncing either.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 12:04:11 AM »
I don't do comm lot skilling nowadays, although I did when I first played Uni.  My poor students would spend nearly all their time at the gym, build up their body skills and then start training others for cash.  I would put a couple of computers in the gym, and they would write their term papers there, too - but of course, they did go to class from a community lot....
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

anything