Author Topic: College Isn't Free and Cyjon's College Mods  (Read 2881 times)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
College Isn't Free and Cyjon's College Mods
« on: January 05, 2015, 12:31:40 AM »
Despite my CIF series to include jobs for college students, I find myself avoiding sending my teens off to college.  I was taking a look at Cyjon's mods yesterday and ended up downloading a dozen or so to include Bigger Bills and Semester Adjuster.

Well, slap me in the face and give me a wake up call!  In a dorm with 6 playables, the first two days of bills came in a $6000 each!  Then later in the day several thousand just magically poofed from my household funds.  Bigger bills indeed!  $20,000 in funds dropped to $5000 and I was beginning to wonder who I would kick out of college.

I also noticed that the class start times did not adjust to the later start times, but Cyjon did warn that the first semester after the mod was added that his updates might not take.

Then the wood burning stove kicked in and I realized two things.  My higher bills/tuition mod and my YAjobs mod were still in my game. 

Both Cyjon's Bigger Bills and my Higher Bills were being applied.  No errors are thrown so thrown, so if you want a really really difficult game, play with both.  Not recommended for the faint of heart.  A start up family in the main hood had $500 daily bills while on entry level wages.  That was fun!

YAjobs changes class start time to morning so students are free in the afternoon for jobs.  Semester Changes move class times to afternoon for a standard morning final time.  The one that load last takes effect on class times.  I never changed finals so finals would change to morning with Cyjon's mod.  Definitely not compatible.

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
Re: College Isn't Free and Cyjon's College Mods
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 12:44:41 AM »
I was wondering if those mods worked together.  Thanks for the research!

Click On Those, Please?

Offline MaryH

• Tempermental Tyke
  • Otherwise known as Mary of H.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 03:41:58 AM »
I, too, was wondering if those two played nice together. I don't know if I dare to put them together in the same game..sounds like a fast road to pixel bankruptcy, for sure! :lol:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 06:15:11 AM »
Sounds too much like RL in the 21st Century to me!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline inspiredzone

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 11:19:38 PM »
I just made a note to myself over the weekend to check if anything was interfering with your higher tuition mod, because the bills didn't seem high enough in my game.

I make all my teens pay $20,000 to go to college in scholarships, household funds or loans from Monique's computer. It cuts down on the riff-raff. I want the bills to counteract all those semester bonuses for good grades.

$6000 in 2 days may be a bit much, though.

anything