Author Topic: Mouse moving erratically on the blender icons  (Read 2374 times)

Offline sarah jones

• Babbling Baby
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
Mouse moving erratically on the blender icons
« on: December 20, 2014, 06:21:32 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has developed a similar problem. Erratically as in moving too quick to click an icon. Most likely it's a personal mouse problem but I thought I'd check here.
..Anybody want a nize windows 8 for cheap???

Offline MaryH

• Tempermental Tyke
  • Otherwise known as Mary of H.
Re: Mouse moving erratically on the blender icons
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 08:09:00 PM »
Sounds like a mousie problem, mouse is going bad. I know because mine died a similar death .

The tracking function of the mouse is done. Thankfully they're cheap.

I don't want a windows 8..thanks anyway.

Offline sarah jones

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 09:38:26 PM »
Thanks MaryH, for your reply. I have several mice and tried them all -(quite tasty) Then I got a new mouse and pad. This computer with Windows 8 has been a real test of patience with regard to playing Sims 2. ( I had to remove Bon Voyage too). In older Windows you can 'work' with your mouse controls. Windows 8 basically just gives you the finger. No test, no nada.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 10:36:38 PM »
If you haven't already, download the utility from your mouse manufacturer, for example Logitech.  You'll have complete control over configuring your mouse then.  I've got Win 8.1 on a tablet, laptop, and a hybrid tablet/laptop/desktop (Surface Pro 3), and have had no problems with the two devices I use except when the batteries are about to die.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 03:59:49 PM »
Have you checked underneath, in the light compartment, in case there is a tiny hair or piece of fluff?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline sarah jones

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 01:04:19 PM »
I don't think it's a mouse problem - I've tried several, ending up purchasing a new mouse and pad. (My luck is not good, but 6 mice all with the same problem would be bad-luck overkill.)
 I don't know if the two are connected, but Micro-soft sort of pushed their latest version of Windows 8 on me, and the Sims hasn't been right since then. Example: With Windows 8, I couldn't 'push' furniture to the wall. Or rugs would not sit nicely on the floor. (I.e., no control) Then, with the next version of Windows 8, all of a sudden I had control of the furniture.
Then M.S. came out with their latest version, and once again I have no control of setting furniture or rugs. 

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 02:02:52 PM »
Confirm all of your drivers are up to date.  Other than that, I'm not sure what to say as I've had none of those problems between 8.1 with the latest updates and TS2.  You are talking about TS2, right?

Offline sarah jones

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 10:27:43 AM »
The computer is one year old or less, but I'll check the drivers. So, I assume you don't have any trouble moving furniture or placing rugs, right? And Skyrim playable on W. 8?

Btw, since it's almost the end of the year, 2015 is upon us please allow me speak out of context and simply thank Two Jeffs (and this board) one last time for the blender.
I love the Sims, but the game is totally redundant and game play slow - but the blender breathes new life into the game and makes it playable and enjoyable.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 10:49:57 AM »
If you're finding gameplay slow, it would seem to me that you have something else going on besides a mouse problem.  Have you tried BO's No Sim Loaded?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline MaryH

• Tempermental Tyke
  • Otherwise known as Mary of H.
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 05:20:48 PM »
I have a feeling that there is indeed more going on that meets the mouse..or eye. I'd suggest not only "No Sim Loaded', but also getting Mootilda's Hood Corruption detector utility at MTS-it can clean up the worst of corruption in the game, which is where maybe the slowdown is coming from.

Memory corruption is a leading cause for this, and her utility will truly clean up a hood that's over-loaded on stuff.

It's here: HoodChecker 1.0.3 - Neighborhood Corruption Detector

Offline sarah jones

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 03:07:37 PM »
Thanks for the advice Mary. I have Mootilda's thingy-just have never used it yet! But it might be time to do so.
And I'll grab B.O.'s utility also. After all these years since Sims 2 came about, I'm still enjoying it. Again, thank you for your advice.

anything