Author Topic: No Breakup Memory  (Read 985 times)

Offline twilightessance

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
No Breakup Memory
« on: December 07, 2014, 01:02:32 PM »
I've been playing with the Inteen for a while now and never noticed any problems until I broke a committed relationship up and got no memory of it. I've removed all mods, except the Inteen, and its still there. Is this a problem that will be fixed or can be fixed?

I have these discs:
Double Deluxe
University, with stuff packs
Pets, with stuff packs
OTB, with stuff packs
FT
BV
AL

Memories work for marriage breakups and engagements.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 01:06:53 PM by twilightessance »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: No Breakup Memory
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 01:54:40 PM »
Since all the modders that ever worked on the development of Inteen, eventually left the Simming/modding community, I would not hold my breath waiting for this to be fixed. So IF it really is an issue in the code, it will probably always stay like that.

Maybe there is something that could be done in the config files, but alas, I know nothing of Inteen. Hopefully, someone comes along who knows more.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
Re: No Breakup Memory
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 06:54:55 PM »
I don't think Jase ever planned on creating committed relationships but added it as a request.  A way for young adults and adults to "go steady".  It wasn't core functionality to Inteen, i.e. allowing teen pregnancy.  Could the memory be added?  It's possible, but given the complexity of Inteen, it would be a lot of work for what is basically a trivial item.  Anyone attempting to do so, to include Jase today, would have to conduct an exhaustive study of the code to first figure out what was done and why, then to see where all the possible triggers for the memory would be.  Is there even a memory for being in a committed relationship?  If not, why have a memory to break up from one?  Or where would one need to be added?

Personally, I've never paid attention to memories unless I was trying to count something like woohoos for romance sims or first dates for players.  Other than that, memories are just things that increase the memory requirements for a sim and open up the possibility of corruption.

anything