Author Topic: Complete Collection for Mac problem: please help!  (Read 2141 times)

Offline LadyTudorRose

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
Complete Collection for Mac problem: please help!
« on: November 13, 2014, 10:49:55 PM »
I have the new Sims 2 Complete Collection for Mac. I got it off the app store just today. I've been a longtime Sims 2 player and was distraught when I had to give it up when my old laptop died and was thrilled when I found Complete Collection which was compatible with my new operating system.

I installed InTeen Apartment Life version, as suggested. The installation worked and my game ran. I enabled custom content, and seemingly the app was installed correctly: I can access my biological clock. I also installed the "no age of consent" flavor pack.

Problem I've had now is that my sims can't woohoo! They won't even relax on the bed together: the second they're both laying down they just pop up off the bed and are standing next to it! They also can't both be in the hot tub at the same time, or in the tent, or even on the couch, so it's not just a woohooing thing but a two sims on one object thing. I have tried several families, I have tried messing around with testingcheatsenabled too, and I tried removing the mods I'd installed (just InTeen and InSim) one at a time to figure out the problem. Removing InSim didn't solve it so I'm assuming it's either an InTeen Problem or a base game problem. I've done some googling and can't find anyone else with this particular problem.

Even after enabling custom content, I still get the yellow exclamation mark in the beginning of the game (I left the warning up but custom content IS enabled and I have used my mods so I know this for a fact!) for InTeen B and for the Flavor Pack.

I used the biological clock to impregnate one of my sims (an adult, haven't tried a teen yet) and pregnancy seemingly works.

I'm wondering if perhaps the Apartment Life version is correct for part of the mod but maybe there's some aspect that isn't compatible? And I deleted the part G so I don't think that's the problem. I had this error after insulting InTeen but both before and after removing Part G.

Does anyone know what else I could do or what I might be doing wrong?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: Complete Collection for Mac problem: please help!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 04:28:52 AM »
I'm sorry, LadyTudorRose, but I'm afraid I have a bit of bad news:

Hardly anyone here - if any - will have any knowledge of how to combat MAC issues. I, for one, wasn't even aware that mods could be installed on a MAC. The problem is, that all the supporting software - most importantly SimPE and the Hack Conflict Detection Utility - runs only on PC, so modders can't test stuff properly without owning at least two systems: a PC and a MAC. And even then, it would be a tough job.

What your Inteen is doing, will depend on what other mods you might have, and the order in which they load. But without the option of you running HCDU, we can't find that out exactly. So there is very little chance of you getting any help here...

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 06:25:38 AM »
First the Sims 2 Complete Collection for Mac is not the same as Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for PC for you are missing a few EP/SP's.

This is what is included in Mac edition.
Expansions
•University
•Nightlife
•Open for Business
•Pets
•Seasons
•Bon Voyage

Stuff Packs
•Family Fun Stuff
•Glamour Life Stuff
•Happy Holiday Stuff

So you will need to use Bon Voyage InTeen and not AL InTeen.

If you need more help with Mac CC then I would suggest you come over to MTS for we have a lot of Mac players over there.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 06:31:04 AM by mark93 »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 07:29:42 AM »
The Base Game Jump Bug was caused by overloaded memories, and only really affected sims you had been playing for long enough to overload their memories.  Maxis cleared the problem up with the BG patch, so I very much doubt if anything to do with the BG is affecting your game.  I think Mark is most likely right, and since you don't have Apartment Life, using the AL Inteen most likely caused your problem.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline LadyTudorRose

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 09:08:07 AM »
Thank you guys so much! Switching to Bon Voyage version seems to have solved the problem. I just logged in to test it and they were able to woohoo in the Hot Tub. I will keep playing and figure out if there are any other bugs, but I think everything may actually end up working!  :thumb:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 09:30:13 AM »
@Mark93, you continue to amaze me... some times, I would love to nail you to a wall, and at other times I want to kiss you all over! This is one of those time that I'm happy that you made a liar out of me! Thank you for helping fix this.

@LadyTudorRose, I'm glad your issue is solved still. Enjoy your game!

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)