Author Topic: Aging Mods and Inteen Fertility/Miscarriage: How does Inteen figure a Sim's age?  (Read 4479 times)

Offline AprilDawn

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
As we know, Inteenimater or at least the latest version of it, 1.9b allows for a decline in fertility and an increased risk for miscarriage in Sims "age 40 onward". However, I now have an age mod which makes my Sims' lifespans much more "realistic" in relation to the passing of the seasons. As I have played a family for quite a while, I have noticed that I had a very difficult time getting a Sim who has been an adult for many "years" now, pregnant, and had to use ACR2 to drastically increase her fertility and basically force a pregnancy from try for baby.

Exactly how does Inteenimater 1.9b use to figure an eligible Sim's age and therefore fertility factor and can I change this factor to suit my use of a lifespan increasing mod?

If anybody knows the answer and can help me I would be much obliged.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
I think Inteen would use the inbuilt age calculator, as also does ACR.

I give my adults and elders longer lifespans by using set amounts of Elixir.  Unlike many aging mods, Elixir does actually remove years from a sim's life, so Inteen and ACR would see them as being the age shown in the Age Bar.  Aging mods generally, I think, alter the point on a sim's lifespan when they have their next birthday.

Since BO has dabbled in aging mods, I'm sure he will be able to confirm/deny this, and maybe help you to figure out a way to deal with the problem.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
Inteen counts the days left, not the days passed. The declining fertility and inreased miscarriage doesn't "kick in" until the sim has 14 days left, no matter how many days are in the adult life stage.

You only need to edit ACR to account for the extended life span, that's the one that counts days passed rather than days left.  There are two ways of doing it.  First is to edit the BCON's in ACR, as explained by AlmightyHat HERE.  Or you can edit the multiplier in the BHAV, as explained by TJ himself in reply #5 HERE

Offline AprilDawn

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
Boy oh boy. That is some intricate stuff. I will have to look over all of the information you've provided me very carefully and figure out how to make it work for me. Thanks so much.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
My own "aging mod" (BO - Slow Aging Controller) has a very simple and somewhat limited approach to changing a sims life span: just on some days of the week, the 'decrement-days-in-this-life-stage' mechanism is bypassed for certain sims, so they don't grow a day older!

So there has been no direct editing of the number of days lived or the number of days left, and no multipliers were applied to the numbers. There just was no call for either of those methods with the approach I took. Therefor, I have never had the need to look into how the aging process in its totality works.

In my game, the oldest female - Xena Aerbora - has lived at least about 90 real sim days, and she has over a dozen children, some of which have children of their own, while others are still toddlers. Yet Xena is far from becoming an elder (even without the use of Elixir), and still has no trouble conceiving through ACR or abduction, even though according to unmodded mechanics, she should be dead now.
How she would fare with Inteen, I could not say though, because I have never installed that in my game. I believe I downloaded it once, but it ended up in some forgotten folder, never to be looked at...

So, I'm sorry: I know sadly little about the aging process in general, and what it amounts to in terms of ACR and Inteen, specifically. You best follow those links that Imalia gave you, AprilDawn. Because I think that those are the most information you will be getting about aging related matters.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 05:32:19 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
AprilDawn, if you can give me some details on what your aging schedule is, I may be able to help out.  My own game runs on a 12-sim-day "Year" with everything adjusted accordingly.  I don't mind hand-holding and helping you get ACR set up for your game.

anything