Author Topic: ACR - Faithfulness  (Read 10487 times)

Offline cahmar

• Babbling Baby
ACR - Faithfulness
« on: September 01, 2014, 07:18:49 PM »
I know that it's been a while since the last update on this mod, and I also know that there are two versions of it.  Somehow, though, even though I reinstalled my game a little over a year ago, I never found this version 2 til just now, in spite of it having apparently been around for a while.  So basically, I use version 1 but may switch to version 2 depending on whether it's more useful for my question.

So I have a question about faithfulness in general with ACR.  I tend to raise several families' kids of the same generation and ship them all off to college at the same time.  I also tend to use just a few dorms and no rented homes.  It always ends up that at least one of these college kids has at least one bolt for several other Sims while having 2 or 3 bolts for another Sim.  Sometimes a Sim will even have several 2-bolters.  I like to fill my dorms to capacity as much as possible to reduce the number of households to play, but if a Sim has, say, 3 bolts for one Sim and 1 bolt for 4 other Sims they live with, they'll always initiate ACR actions with the 1-bolters when I'm not looking.  Often times I get 3-bolters engaged early on in their college lives, but I cannot figure out how to make Sims be loyal to the one they're engaged to.  I know there's an option to make married Sims be autonomous only with their spouses, but I couldn't find similar options for Sims that are engaged or just plain in love (ie, more than the pink heart crush, they have the red love heart).

So, is there any way at all to do it?  I know that if not, other than watching all the risky Sims in a household 24/7 or turning off autonomy for them all, there's no real way to prevent possible issues, but I would like to avoid turning off autonomy if possible because it makes the game more fun.  Also, if this could remain applied even to Sims who are not currently selected, that would be helpful.  By that I mean when the same Sims show up on a community lot and start making out with a Sim they are not in love with.  I would like those types of actions to stop if possible.  Please let me know if there's anything I can do.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
Re: ACR - Faithfulness
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:35:56 PM »
I don't remember specifics, but I do remember that you need to keep an eye on "The One," and ensure that talking, etc. to the  other Sims does not affect "The One."

Offline cahmar

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 11:43:50 PM »
When you say The One, are you talking about a Sim's 3-bolter or the one they currently "have the hots for"?  If it's neither of those, can you explain it in greater detail, please?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 11:50:46 PM »
In ACR terms, there's really only one the One: the person they "have the hots for".

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 12:03:56 AM »
You can, however, make any sim you like *the One*, and then make it permanent.  Then, in the Cheating section, set them to *Totally Faithful*.  You can then do the same for the other sim.
College, I think, is a little different from other subhoods.  I've had normally faithful parents come over to college and end up in the hot tub with whoever catches their eye!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
    • LilSister's Sims Family Affair
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 02:26:06 PM »
When you make changes make sure you make it "static" so it doesn't change. If set at "dynamic" (I believe that's the ACR term) the "one" can change if the Sims becomes attracted to another. Good idea to also fix the cheating settings.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 03:54:04 PM »
Make sure you do the same for both sims!  I currently have a family/romance sim (Giulio Caliente, son of Dina and Mortimer) and romance sim Amber Dale.  She was the one who got the want to go steady as a teenager, so I decided that she really didn't want to play the field!  And there are far more attractive sims around than Giulio!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline cahmar

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 10:05:56 AM »
Sorry if this is a little late, but I forgot to check this thread for the past 3 months or so because I've been very interested in a few anime series and the FFXIV game.  So, I downloaded ACR 2 today and am testing it out.  I have a few questions regarding both the above replies and things I'm finding myself.

Make sure you do the same for both sims!  I currently have a family/romance sim (Giulio Caliente, son of Dina and Mortimer) and romance sim Amber Dale.  She was the one who got the want to go steady as a teenager, so I decided that she really didn't want to play the field!  And there are far more attractive sims around than Giulio!

So if I only set Cheating to Totally Faithful without making the changes to The One static, there's a chance even so that The One will change?  I ask because I thought who The One is depended on romantic interactions between the selected Sim and the Sim who is defined as The One.  Also, should every change that I make then be made as static?

What exactly are the Gender Pref Targets (%) and Timer Multiplier settings?  I found nothing about them in the Word file and couldn't figure them out.  Also, what is Auto Gender Pref?  Does it only affect teens who have just aged up from kids (or newly created Sims teens and older from CAS), ie is it a setting that automatically activates (if enabled) a gender preference for a Sim as soon as they're old enough to have one?  If not, how does it work?

Another thing that confuses me is the TFB related settings.  I chose Unmarried TFB is Enabled and Autonomous TFB is Disabled.  There is a pre-existing setting called TFB Dialogs are Disabled, but I don't understand what it means.  Does it mean that for the selected Sim, the TFB option will never show up anywhere in their pie menu as long as this option is disabled?

Copy My Token, does that copy everything under a Sim's Sim Settings?  I assume it doesn't copy The One though, right?  Another thing: what is the Sofa Woo Test?  What does it mean when it's Standard or Relaxed?

If I may, I also wanted to ask about a few random unrelated issues in case anyone knows.  I bought the 3000 simoleons aquarium for one family, and I can't click on it at all.  Also, I get the jump bug for one of the newest EP's closets, the one that takes a spot in another room's wall.  Other armoires are fine, it's just this one that I noticed the bug to.  I'm also wondering if there is a mod or hack of some kind to be able to get leftovers from every fridge?  I love Holy Simoly's fridges, for instance, but in a family with two kids, there's always leftovers and I hate wasting them, and that fridge is the only one with a beautiful color that suits the decor of my kitchen.  While we're on the subject of Holy Simoly's fridges though, I downloaded two versions.  The site doesn't say which version the first set version is for, but it says the second is for OFB, I think.  It also seems to have different colors.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 10:49:06 AM »
Unfortunately, Holy Simoly's fridges are not updated for Free Time, so unless someone, somewhere, has done this, then I'd suggest you look around for recolours of the FT or K&B fridges in the colours you want, or find a tutorial so that you can update the HS fridges yourself.

You have an awful lot of questions about ACR, and I'd personally suggest you try playing with the default settings, and then changing them where the default settings don't suit what you want.  Once you've worked out how to get the settings you want for one household, you could exit that house without saving, so any unwanted behaviour is not remembered, and then set your households by what you have learned.  (I can never remember what I've read in a ReadMe or tutorial when I'm playing, but what I've learned through trial and error and my own experience seems to stay with me.)

As far as I'm aware, auto-gender preference means that the gender preference of unattached sims is selected by the game and does not affect any that have already a plus or minus score.  If you don't select it, newly aged up or unattached CAS sims will have 0/0 in their preferences until such time as you allow them to *discover* what their preferences are.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 10:57:48 AM »
To quote Jase and TwoJeffs, "RTFM".

If you had read the Quick Notes with ACR2, you'd see that document only handles changes from ACR1.  This means that the ACR1 documentation is for the most part valid.  You will find most of the answers to your questions there.

Perhaps a member of the admin team can split off your non ACR questions and put them in a more appropriate forum for visibility and answers.

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
    • LilSister's Sims Family Affair
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 02:01:09 PM »
I can answer a few - hopefully it's O.K.

If a Sims "One" is set to static it means it will not change, If dynamic the "one" can change if the the Sim in question has a stronger attraction to another Sim or the current relationship changes due to preference changes. For instance if the Sim in question doesn't like fat and his/her mate gains weight this can cause changes in the relationship and open the door for their "one" to change.

If you want your Sims to remain faithful when setting to "totally" faithful you must make it static or the Sim could possibly cheat under certain circumstances.

Autonomous try for baby allows Sims to decided when they want to have a baby.

Unmarried try for baby allows unmarried Sims to try for a baby. (Some people play neighborhoods where unmarried Sims having babies is not allowed).

For Holy Simoly refrigerators (or others) updated for Free-Time can be found at Sims Cave (updates were done by Blue Soup) and Sims 2 Artist.

The gender preference settings if untouched will target a certain percentage of your neighborhood for the three targets (Gay, Bi or Straight). If you prefer you can set up your game the way you want.

I think you should first decide how you want your neighborhood to be and then set it accordingly.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 02:45:45 PM by LilSister »

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 03:25:05 AM »
You can also set cheating level, it's on Sim Settings. You can set what kind of interaction is considered cheating (flirts, kisses, woohoo etc) - TJ said in a thread somewhere, if you change this, set that setting to static otherwise it will change back.

You can also set what level is jealousy - one of them is "crush" and another is "love". I don't know if that affects what the sim will do in regard to cheating.

Then you can also put individual sims in the "friend zone" if you don't want your sim to ACR with them.
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 06:00:11 AM »
Also, don't forget to include the Maxis Cheating Fix.  It won't stop all the game generated problems, like the student who walks by and invades a party just to have their first kiss with one of the two graduating students in front of their entire families, but it stops a lot of Maxis silliness.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 01:46:21 PM »
That's why I don't invite The One to graduation parties.  Too many mis-kisses possible!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 05:01:56 PM »
Difficult not to invite them when they live there!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 03:53:04 AM »
:lol: Wasn't I thinking just the same thing, there? If your playable has met their One in the dormitory they live in, they can hardly avoid them for the party.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2015, 04:22:42 AM »
You know when they pose for the photo in the graduation party cut scene? It can be counted as a romantic interaction. I had Hermia Capp positively melt down when her free-loving hippy boyfriend Puck Summerdream chose another girl to do this with instead of her.
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2015, 10:09:58 AM »
I treat Dormies a little differently... I move in the playable, let the dorm fill with game generated Dormies, then when the playable gets the wish for the teen One to move in, then I use Grow Up.  They're a Dormie and available for Booty Calls, but they don't live there.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2015, 11:04:13 AM »
I've never had a sim wish for another to move in!

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2015, 11:14:29 AM »
Perhaps a wish to attend college instead of move in.

A university in my game?  Not for at least 3 generations as the family can't afford the 20k entry fee.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2015, 11:48:51 AM »
No Goths in your hood, then....

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2015, 11:53:49 AM »
I never liked the playables, or neighborhoods for that matter, that came with any of the series.  Give me a custom hood, with attractive NPCs and houses that really work.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2015, 01:58:51 PM »
I rather enjoy the challenge of making those houses in PV etc. work!

Offline cahmar

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2015, 08:36:37 PM »
You have an awful lot of questions about ACR, and I'd personally suggest you try playing with the default settings, and then changing them where the default settings don't suit what you want.  Once you've worked out how to get the settings you want for one household, you could exit that house without saving, so any unwanted behaviour is not remembered, and then set your households by what you have learned.  (I can never remember what I've read in a ReadMe or tutorial when I'm playing, but what I've learned through trial and error and my own experience seems to stay with me.)

Unfortunately, if I don't know what a setting even does, I won't know what to expect so I won't even notice if something unusual is happening.  Like the Timer Multiplier setting that no one who's responded so far seems to have any idea what it does.  Also, I figured there must be some guide somewhere explaining the settings (like Time Multiplier) not mentioned in that Word file, but I couldn't find it anywhere if it exists.  So yes, trial and error is good, but only if you know what to look for.

As far as I'm aware, auto-gender preference means that the gender preference of unattached sims is selected by the game and does not affect any that have already a plus or minus score.  If you don't select it, newly aged up or unattached CAS sims will have 0/0 in their preferences until such time as you allow them to *discover* what their preferences are.

So what about Gender Pref Targets (%)?  LilSister just below you seemed to be saying that it's to determine the percentage of each (straight, gay, bisexual), but there's only one button.

To quote Jase and TwoJeffs, "RTFM".

If you had read the Quick Notes with ACR2, you'd see that document only handles changes from ACR1.  This means that the ACR1 documentation is for the most part valid.  You will find most of the answers to your questions there.

To quote me, "NFAA". (Never F-ing Assume Anything :P)  I read that documentation back when I first had ACR1, and I really don't see anything there about the questions I asked.  If anything, my questions are precisely about stuff *not* covered in either that document *or* the Word file.

Perhaps a member of the admin team can split off your non ACR questions and put them in a more appropriate forum for visibility and answers.

I only asked them here just in case since I honestly had no idea where to put them and I figured someone might know.  The aquarium issue totally puzzles me.

I can answer a few - hopefully it's O.K.

Of course!  Any help is much appreciated.

If a Sims "One" is set to static it means it will not change, If dynamic the "one" can change if the the Sim in question has a stronger attraction to another Sim or the current relationship changes due to preference changes. For instance if the Sim in question doesn't like fat and his/her mate gains weight this can cause changes in the relationship and open the door for their "one" to change.

If you want your Sims to remain faithful when setting to "totally" faithful you must make it static or the Sim could possibly cheat under certain circumstances.

All right, good to know, thanks!

Autonomous try for baby allows Sims to decided when they want to have a baby.

Unmarried try for baby allows unmarried Sims to try for a baby. (Some people play neighborhoods where unmarried Sims having babies is not allowed).

I do know what those settings individually do, I was just confused about the setting that says "TFB Dialogs are Disabled".  Does it just override the other two if set to "disabled", or will the option to TFB just not show up even if selected by you?

For Holy Simoly refrigerators (or others) updated for Free-Time can be found at Sims Cave (updates were done by Blue Soup) and Sims 2 Artist.

I found a bunch of stuff updated by BlueSoup but not the fridges... Sent you a PM.

The gender preference settings if untouched will target a certain percentage of your neighborhood for the three targets (Gay, Bi or Straight). If you prefer you can set up your game the way you want.

Are you talking about the Gender Pref Target (%) setting?  If so, you say that it targets a percentage of my neighborhood for the three targets, but it's only one button, so what precisely does it do to affect each setting?  Since the Auto Gender Pref setting already decides automatically on a Gender Pref for Sims if it's enabled, then what does Gender Pref Target (%) do differently?

I think you should first decide how you want your neighborhood to be and then set it accordingly.

Oh I already do know.  I just want every Sim's Gender Pref to be randomly determined, and if possible, for there to be an equal number of straight and gay/bisexual Sims.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:38:44 PM by cahmar »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2015, 12:47:41 AM »
So what about Gender Pref Targets (%)?  LilSister just below you seemed to be saying that it's to determine the percentage of each (straight, gay, bisexual), but there's only one button.

Since you seemed to enjoy countering one acronym - RTFM - with another - NFAA -, I'll put one on you that *my* grandmother taught me: DKITYTI - Don't Knock It Till You Tried It! :biglaugh:

Ever tried just pressing that one button to see what comes up if you do? For all I know, it opens up a menu with one button each for straight, gay and bi, which each open up another menu with options to set the percentage for that preference. And if it gives you only the option for straight, you can assume that the 100% rule takes care of the rest. As in: if you make the "straights" have a 60% chance, then the remaining 40% must be for the "bents". There is nothing AGAINST some healthy assumptions, by the way...

Which brings us back to ZephyrZodiac's first suggestion: simply try stuff, and once you've figured out what it does, quit without saving, re-open the household, and use the settings again according to what you've learned. With a little imagination, much of the manual actually isn't really needed.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 12:54:11 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2015, 04:36:46 AM »
Bear in mind, that's what most of us did when we first used ACR.

Offline cahmar

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2015, 08:16:55 PM »
Since you seemed to enjoy countering one acronym - RTFM - with another - NFAA -, I'll put one on you that *my* grandmother taught me: DKITYTI - Don't Knock It Till You Tried It! :biglaugh:

Ok wow, I am forgetting this thread way too much...  The thing is, when I do select it, nothing happens, and I expect nothing will be visible til I have Sims aging up and their sexual preference is determined.  Just from the name alone, I can't figure out what exactly it's supposed to mean.  Nice one btw. :P

Ever tried just pressing that one button to see what comes up if you do? For all I know, it opens up a menu with one button each for straight, gay and bi, which each open up another menu with options to set the percentage for that preference. And if it gives you only the option for straight, you can assume that the 100% rule takes care of the rest. As in: if you make the "straights" have a 60% chance, then the remaining 40% must be for the "bents". There is nothing AGAINST some healthy assumptions, by the way...

Am I to assume that you have since tried it and this was the result you got?

Which brings us back to ZephyrZodiac's first suggestion: simply try stuff, and once you've figured out what it does, quit without saving, re-open the household, and use the settings again according to what you've learned. With a little imagination, much of the manual actually isn't really needed.

That's the thing though, I don't know what to expect so I won't notice if anything is different.  But why should guessing even be necessary?  The person who made this has probably written down somewhere what it does.

And I don't suppose you've figured out my aquarium issue by any chance?  I've thought about whether it could be due to the fact that it's an item for a community lot, but if it were, like the urinal, wouldn't it simply not be available to buy when in a house?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2015, 09:28:24 PM »
Unless TJ included new information in the version you are using, then I would assume that the information included in the original documentation .zip here: http://www.simbology.com/mods/index.php?dir=al/&sort=date&order=desc  (bottom of list) will tell you what you need to know.

If he didn't include it, then the chances of that happening now are slim, I'm afraid.  TJ no longer creates mods for the game, and rarely posts here nowadays.

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2015, 06:02:07 AM »
The timer multiplier does what it says on the tin; it adds a global multiplier to all timers to make them woohoo less often, if you find that they are trying to woohoo too much. The default timer length is 24 hours.

The aquarium sounds unrelated and you should probably follow the game help FAQ process outlined on ModTheSims.

TFB Dialogs refers to a dialog (not a pie menu) in the top right corner which informs you whether your sims just tried for baby or woohooed and the percentage chances involved.

I realise that this is an older thread now but since some ACR2 and faithfulness questions were coming up over on MTS I thought it wouldn't hurt to answer the outstanding ones (although, as BO quite rightly says, try it and you would have found out! :) )

anything
anything