Author Topic: Inteen "Try For Baby" conflict  (Read 6697 times)

Offline lena

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
Inteen "Try For Baby" conflict
« on: August 29, 2014, 11:39:50 AM »
Hi, I've been all over trying to fix this problem myself, but it's driving me insane, and I'm wondering if I can get some help.

Specs:

Inteen Apartment Life
I don't believe I have any flavor packs...
All expansions, regular base game
All stuff packs
Windows 7

In the game, my teens show the option to "Try For Baby," however, selecting it doesn't do anything (not even popping up and disappearing from the queue, it just doesn't happen).

I was able to get it to work by removing all custom content (except Inteen, obviously), but when I went to return my custom content (in batches) I wasn't able to reproduce the problem.  Then, it started happening again, and no matter what content I remove, it still won't work!

Does anyone have any advice for figuring out what the issue is?  I've already run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility and only get one conflict with a set of stairs.

I appreciate any help anyone can offer!

- L

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
Re: Inteen "Try For Baby" conflict
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 11:58:43 AM »
Are you trying to do it on custom beds or reg. game beds.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 12:58:24 PM »
Or the Goth bed without the Inteenimator_G  package in the correct place?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline lena

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 03:19:07 PM »
Nope, using one of the beds from the IKEA stuff pack, and package G is in the overrides folder, however the file says "zzzInteenimator_G.package" are there supposed to be zs in front of the file name??

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 03:25:43 PM »
Yes, the zzzs should be there.

What happens if you remove the custom stairs that are causing a conflict?  (And which stairs are they?)
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline lena

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 03:31:30 PM »
They're the fairy tale ones, I never use them, I'm not even sure what the conflict is, I never bothered with it since I don't use those stairs ever.

I did change the bed to an ACTUAL base game bed, however (the Courtly Sleeper Day Dreamer) and suddenly the action queues up.

I've never heard of official stuff pack items being the issue, have you? I wonder what the problem is...

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 03:41:55 PM »
You could try switching beds again. Perhaps the old bed had become glitched, and a reset might have done the trick. In which case a new bed of that type should work well, now.

Nope, using one of the beds from the IKEA stuff pack, and package G is in the overrides folder

Since there are multiple overrides folders, depending on which EPs and SPs one has installed, and you claim to have all EPs/SPs, at the risk of kicking down an open door, I'd like you to verify that the file is in the overrides folder under your M&G folder and not anywhere else. Because otherwise the game might have trouble using it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 03:44:48 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 04:06:46 PM »
I've never heard of official stuff pack items being the issue, have you? I wonder what the problem is...

I suppose it's possible that when MadCat updated Inteen for AL/M&G, there were one or two stuff packs that he did not have.  And Ikea is notoriously weird. Quite a few items did not work properly for hobbies, and Lord Darcy made a fix, but even that seems not to have worked properly for the Billy Bookcase (there is no option to read different kinds of books, even with her fix installed). 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:09:30 PM by zephyrzodiac »

Offline lena

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 04:16:28 PM »
Boiling Oil: Oops, I had it in Apartment Life. Should be in Mansions and Gardens, huh? That has always confused me; it was marketed as a stuff pack, but it's an expansion, isn't it??

ZephyrZodiac: I didn't know the IKEA stuff was wonky, that's kind of lame :/ oh well! Hopefully putting my dang G package in the RIGHT folder will fix it. If not, at least I can just switch the bed out. Thanks so much for your help guys, you've been wonderful :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:18:38 PM by lena »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 04:29:06 PM »
Yes, M&G was sold as - and is supposed to be - a Stuff Pack, but it has all the characteristics of an Expansion. But that really doesn't matter. The game runs from the last Pack in the series that you have, so you should use the folders from that pack. In your case, that's M&G :-)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 04:50:40 PM »
The good news is the placement of the G package had no effect at all on your current problems.  It only enables TFB on the Goth bed.  Before I stopped using Inteen, the IKEA beds were used without issue for woohoos and TFB.

As suggesting, and I believe you did, delete the offending bed and replace it.  Put the IKEA bed back in and see if it works properly.  Since it worked with the Courtly Sleeper Day Dreamer worked, it may in fact be a glitched bed.

Try other household and other couples, teen and adult.  If it's a hood wide problem, you may need to spawn the biological clocks for your sims.

HCDU only scans packages the are under the Downloads folder, but the game will load a mod package from any folder under the TS2 folder.  Check to make sure you don't have a stray mod outside of Downloads.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 10:08:23 PM »
Just one thing, do you have a mod to stop kids jumping on beds?  If you don't, that's the quickest way to break beds that I know of.

Offline lena

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 11:56:32 AM »
I JUST saw this, and no, I don't have that mod.

Out of curiosity...

Do any of you know what might cause teen-adult/elder (& vice versa) romantic interactions to go away??  I have a teen married to an elder, and they can do romantic interactions that involve objects, but not directly to each other.  I created a test family in an empty lot with a teen, adult, and non-related elder, and I can't get the "flirt" icon to come up, no matter what I do.  I have run HCDU and removed the flagged files.  I ran TS2CI and removed the sneaky "trojan" mods that the Inteen manual says to remove.  I've pulled all mods that might relate to relationships, and I've prefaced the Inteen folder with a "z" because apparently that helps it load in the right order.  I also removed all the Inteen files (including G), redownloaded, and carefully reinstalled.  Do any of you have advice as to what else I could try.  You know, besides reinstalling the whole game, because that literally takes half the day  :blink:

Thanks again, and let me know if I should start a new thread, I just thought it would be less annoying if I just posted a reply here...

- L

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 12:05:03 PM »
Inteen doesn't enable teen-elder romance, never has, never was designed to.

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 03:13:39 PM »
Huh. I'm sure I have teen-elder relationships occasionally in my game, because I have to friendzone them with ACR usually.

I know the bed query is months old now, but another thing which breaks beds is putting them in inventory. Apparently the larger-tile item it is, the more fragile in inventory and beds being six tiles always break on me.
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2014, 06:33:16 PM »
Yes. Inteen doesn't introduce teen-adult interactions (and vice versa) but ACR indeed does. I don't have Inteen, but my adults can interact romantically with my teens too, because I *do* have ACR.

Putting beds in inventory may perhaps break some of them. But if the bed is already broken, temporarily holding it in inventory is also known to fix it!

@Lena: No, there's no need to start a new thread... Why would there be? Only because the last activity was a few weeks ago? We're not that uptight. We too believe that keeping related issues together in a single thread is more convenient.

Offline lena

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2014, 06:45:44 PM »
...  I made an error.  I thought that elders and adults were essentially the same except for a couple of "flags" or something (whatever those are), I didn't realize that hacks that allowed interactions between adults would not necessarily apply to elders.  My mistake!

I think my teen's adult husband just had a birthday, I must have quit the game right after the party, so I didn't realize the interactions were gone until now.

However, the version of Inteen I have certainly seems to introduce teen-adult interactions, this is from the ReadMe:

Public WooHoo/Try for Baby enabled for teens on community lots
   Pregnancy belly mesh and complete custom maternity wardrobe for teens and young adults
   Access to maternity formal wear for all sims
   Full Teen/Teen, Teen/Adult public/private WooHoo support (beds, hot tubs, clothing and photo booths, cars, elevators, saunas, hammocks, tents, and closets) age/gender unrestricted
   Full Teen/Teen, Teen/Adult Try for Baby support
   Full support for sim-to-sim interactions with pregnant teenagers (talk to baby, rub belly, etc.)
   Expanded romantic interactions between teens and adults

Does this mean that I have something I didn't know I had, like ACR or something??

Thank you so much for clearing that up, you guys are awesome!

- L
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 07:01:41 PM by lena »

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2014, 08:10:09 PM »
Inteen does indeed introduce teen-adult interactions, but not teen-elder.  Inteen modifies the age checks on the maxis romantic interactions, acr uses it's own cloned romantic interactions.  The two do interact (with inteen allowing acr risky to produce an accidental pregnancy in teens) but are completely separate in what iteractions they use.  ACR may well allow teen-elder romance with it's cloned socials, inteen does not.

Offline lena

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2014, 08:28:38 PM »
I see.  My mistake for thinking adults and elders were basically the same thing, whoops!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2014, 11:44:28 PM »
And I learn something new as well. Thank you for clearing that up, Imalia :P

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 03:04:47 AM »
I would have said that there is very little similarity between adults and elders.  I think you may be confusing the similarity between YAs and adults, where the only noticeable difference is that the YA retains the teen voice pattern.

anything