Author Topic: Children with ACR Tokens  (Read 2008 times)

Offline TriedandTruer

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
Children with ACR Tokens
« on: August 22, 2014, 10:30:58 AM »
I've been searching around for more information on this topic, and since I found nothing, I figured I'd go ahead and ask.

After I installed UC, I started an empty template 'hood, and then populated it with strictly CAS sims. 

When I loaded up my 'hood for the first time, I already had ACR V.2 Final installed in my /Downloads folder.  Now, after I've rotated through about half of my households, I noticed that some of my children and toddlers had ACR tokens. 

Specifically, I had used the SimBlender to age down some adult sims so they could be added to other households, without making the family trees weird.  My aged-down to child and toddler sims retained their initial ACR tokens, it appears. 

I have confirmed that ACR and other romantic or interactions are not enabled for my token-bearing children and toddlers.  I have also confirmed that my born in-game children and toddlers do not have tokens.

I really should have thought about this issue earlier, before I started tinkering in this way.   :blush:

I guess I'm just trying to figure out what my next best course of action is.  Should I uninstall/reinstall ACR, and see if my aged-down sims will stay tokenless?  Or should I revert to a backup made before I moved anyone onto their lots, uninstall ACR, move everyone in again, fiddle with the aging, and then reinstall ACR?  Or is it harmless if I just carried on as things currently stand in my hood?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Children with ACR Tokens
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 10:57:14 AM »
If you are able to use SimPE, it's fairly simple, and safe, to remove those tokens.

You could also try uninstalling ACR, but I don't know whether this will remove the tokens, though maybe it's worth a try.

However, I don't think it will break your game if you continue, once those babies, toddlers and kids age up to teen, they just won't get another token.

Personally, I think if you are intending to do a lot of fiddling with ages, it's best to remove your hacks folder first.  I also never use anything but the in-game AgeSimsCheat to alter a sim's age.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline TriedandTruer

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 09:44:19 AM »
Thanks for the response (although I couldn't quite figure out how to remove the tokens via SimPE). 

I ended up scrapping my 'hood and starting again, though, due to some other troubling issues cropping up.  This time, I am not doing any aging down and just making all the CAS minors have a parent.  I am hoping my rebooted 'hood will be more stable! 

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 10:05:24 AM »
You need to open Neighborhood memory.  The tokens are easy enough to recognise, as they are something that normally wouldn't be in a sim's memory, and relate to another sim (in italics) who may be a townie, a dead sim, or any other sim in the hood, probably not known to the sim you are editing.

If you do actually want a CAS family of kids and teen/s with no parents, you can kill the parents in SimPE before you put the family into a house.  You may need to summon them with the teleporter cat from Simlogical so the kids and teen get the memories of their death, and probably one or more will get the resurrect want!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 01:27:22 PM »
ACR is not supposed to be removed before you run the Remove Tokens option from the ACR controller.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 01:40:30 PM »
Of course, I should have said that needs to be done first.  I did rather assume it had been done and for some reason these toddlers and kids tokens hadn't been removed.  Sorry.

anything
anything