Author Topic: Looking for a Custom Skin for ... [FOUND]  (Read 4632 times)

Offline LadySilverwolf

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
Looking for a Custom Skin for ... [FOUND]
« on: August 19, 2014, 01:56:25 PM »
Greetings to all.

I actually love the look of Calalily Sims' IRIS skin for BoilingOil's  Aliena Impregnata. The problem is the website to download the skin is no longer available. I am hoping someone out there may have that skin somewhere in a download folder that might not be collecting dust so to speak.

Would someone be willing to share it once more ?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:36:07 PM by miros1 »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: Looking for a Custom Skin for ...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 02:15:57 PM »
Looking around a bit more, I was sent to the Sims2 Graveyard, where I selected the "Downloads" tab at the top, then "calalilysims", then "Genetics", so I got to the first of ten pages. On page five, I found two links for CalalilySims_Iris_Default. Those are what one would be looking for.

Be patient, though, because their links are often slow to load.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:27:28 AM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline LadySilverwolf

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
Re: Looking for a Custom Skin for ...
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 06:31:21 PM »
Thank you very much BoilingOil. I completely forgot there was a Graveyard site.   :blush:

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
Re: Looking for a Custom Skin for ... [FOUND]
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 09:40:15 AM »
Don't be embarrassed- I do that stuff all the time.

I've lost count of the number of times I figured out what was causing the *terribly awful problem* I was having, just moments after posting a ranting post begging for help.
 :biglaugh:
~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline Xfilesfreak

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 07:25:31 PM »
Looks like I'm reviving and old topic here,hope someone reads this.
I really like BO's Wanda Rimskaya(will be downloading the template and maybe the PT) and I love Calalily Sims IRIS skintone.

Sadly the sims2 graveyard link no longer works. Is this skin gone forever or can it be found elsewhere? Thanks

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 07:43:31 PM »
The graveyard has been moving files around... I've edited the post above to fix the link. There are now TWO!

Edit: you could, ofcourse, also have tried to just visit the graveyard home and follow the links for "Calalily Sims" and then "Genetics". Then you would have found them yourself. That's why I added that information too, after all.  But I made it easy for you, this time :).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 07:55:05 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Xfilesfreak

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 08:02:18 AM »
BO- I did go to the site but I couldn't find Calalily Sims or the skintone. Thanks for your help

EDIT- I just went back to the site and this time I found it. I must've been looking in the  wrong place. I am terrible with searches. Thanks again BO.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:07:19 AM by Xfilesfreak »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 08:48:19 AM »
It was my pleasure, Freak.

As intellectual 'father' of both Wanda and Aliena, I feel I have a responsibility to keep their integrity intact. So, if their skin is missing, I must find it back and re-attach it. If there had been no other way, I would even have zipped up and republished my own copy, just to please my downloaders :)

Edit to add: in fact, I've rewritten the post above to remove the direct links to the files... (most people don't like it if you direct-link to their files, and I can understand why). In stead, I have now linked to the Calalilysims section where the files can be found.

Edit again: It took me way too long to come up with the idea, but I've finally added the information from this thread to the original download pages for the "Aliena Impregnata" and "Multi-PT Set - Tyronean Fleet" downloads.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:55:59 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline Xfilesfreak

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 10:56:19 AM »
I thought that skin might be gone seeing as TS2 is not a brand new game and a lot of the cc items no longer exist. If that had been the case I was planning to try and find a similar skin if possible. She looks good great but I think she looks best with that iris skin.

BTW when you posted the pic of Wanda you said her skin is a combo of the cc skin and the plantsim skin, I didn't know that was possible. I thought when they turn plantsim they automatically get the green skin, unless cc skin overrides plantsim skin? 

EDIT- I may have misread again. Are you using that iris skin as a replacement for the plantsim skin?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:00:26 AM by Xfilesfreak »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 11:52:07 AM »
You're right: normally, with the Maxis Plantsim skin, the sim's original skin is completely replaced by the green plantsim default. But this Plantsim skin I'm using is an OVERLAY type of skin. So the sim's normal skin is visible, but in some selected places, the plantsim skin puts some special features on top of it. Wait, I have some pictures somewhere that will demonstrate what I mean...

The first picture shows plantsims with the Maxis Default plantsim skin. If you don't know which one is Wanda, you will not be able to recognize her from the alien skin, because she has the same skin as the others.

The second picture shows four plantsims with the plantsim skin turned off. You immediately recognize the Alien, who must be Wanda.

The third shot shows the same plantsims again, but now with the "Just a growth" Plantsim skin overlay. Wanda is still picked out easily, but it's also clear that they are all plantsims. They have bark patches on arms and legs, and green spots of chlorophyll all over their bodies...

Offline Xfilesfreak

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 12:01:49 PM »
That is cool stuff BO  :cheese:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 12:52:39 PM »
Yeah, I'm very happy that I found those two skins: the Alien and the Plantsim. And the leafy 'dresses' these sims are wearing made the whole plantsim concept really complete in my opinion. :)

Oh, and if you're looking for this plantsim skin, they're here! :)

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 03:08:03 PM »
I know Wanda's face still well enough to know which one she was in the first pic.  :giggle:
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 03:54:31 PM »
Yes ofcourse, Arathea. You have worked with that face (and I still appreciate that work :bow:), so you know. But that's why I added the condition "If you don't know who she is". :D

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 10:11:31 AM »
Yeah, I'm very happy that I found those two skins: the Alien and the Plantsim. And the leafy 'dresses' these sims are wearing made the whole plantsim concept really complete in my opinion. :)

Obviously, you're using the hack (MTS, I think) that lets Plantsims use "normal" clothes and hair, but where did you get those gorgeous flower and leaf dresses?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 12:06:01 PM »
They're Sherahbim's Woodnymph dresses. If you know where Sherahbim resides (because sadly, I don't remember), you may find these dresses too. At least, from the filenames, I get the impression it's NOT MTS. :)

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 12:30:03 PM »
At least, from the filenames, I get the impression it's NOT MTS. :)

:wink:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=251341
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 12:51:27 PM »
So, apparently they are. Well found, Arathea! :bow:

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 07:43:01 PM »
Sherabim is also known as JulieJ ... and I sadly believe she's not creating any more.  She also posted on Garden of Shadows, Plumbbob Keep and Back Alley Sims.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 08:47:23 PM »
So, you know all *that* about her, but you missed those outfits... That's funny! :D

anything