Author Topic: Break Up option missing for married couples  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Lombus

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
Break Up option missing for married couples
« on: August 11, 2014, 10:05:29 AM »
Hi all,

like the title says the break up option is missing in my game for married couples. The strangest thing is that it works perfectly with going-steady and engaged teens and adults, but as soon as they get married the option just vanishes.

Prioritizing the loading order and even taking all the mods except for Inteen didn't fix the issue.

I ran the hack-compatibility checker anyway and it did found some conflicts and the list is attached, but since removing all the mods didn't solve the issue I don't think a conflict it's the issue.

Re-installing Inteen didn't work either and now I'm officially out of ideas.

How can I find the culprit and fix the problem?

Thanks in advance!  :smile:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:12:53 AM by Lombus »

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
Re: Break Up option missing for married couples
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 10:34:39 AM »
There relationship need to be way down for break up to show.

Also this mod may help "BREAK UP ANYTIME": http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Relating.htm
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:42:22 AM by mark93 »

Offline Lombus

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 10:46:01 AM »
I know that normally that's the case but with Inteen installed I get the option to break-up regardeless of the relation meter, except for married couples which I find really confusing.

That mod could be the solution though, is it compatible with InTeen?  :smile:

Edited by BoilingOil: Removed unneeded quote. The quoted message is right above this one...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 04:22:52 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 01:43:02 PM »
Back up your game, then try it and see.

However, I don't think Inteen should ever have given you the option to break up. 

The conflict with ALFixes could be causing problems, none of Pescado's mods are designed to work with Inteen, as Pescado is not a fan of the mod.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Lombus

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 01:34:39 PM »
:smile: Thanks for the sugestion but it still doesn't work when I remove alfixes. Unfortunately the "break up anytime" mod doesn't seem to be compatible with Inteen, which is reported in the utility and in game removes some of the functions of Inteen for e.g. the biological clock.

I'm at the loss now, is there anything else I can try?  :hmm:

Edited by BoilingOil AGAIN: removed the unnecessary quote. The quoted message is right above this one!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 04:18:04 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 05:35:55 PM »
Have you deleted the groups.cache file?  Whenever you remove a mod, doing this prevents the game trying to access something which is no longer there.

I did check the documentation, and you are, right, the rules for break-up are indeed *relaxed*, so I would think something else is interfering with this.

I would suggest that you firstly try removing all Pescado's mods that show a conflict with Inteen, then if the option for *relaxed break-up* reappears, try returning Pes's mods one at a time until you find the one causing the problem.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Lombus

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 07:02:37 AM »
Thank you I'll try that when I'm able and see if deleting that file could be the solution.

Later Edit: I tried remove the file you mentioned and all my mods except for Inteen and the problem persists. I tried with both an old married couple and a new one. The new couple had the break up option up to the marriage which for me it's the weirdest. I also re-installed InTeen and still no luck. Maybe my game became corrupted for some reason  :hmm:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:33:10 AM by Lombus »

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 07:39:34 AM »
Inteen doesn't change the relationship requirements much for married couples.  After all, who gets a divorce on a whim while happily married?  It's not a bug, or a conflict, it's by design that the easier break up doesn't apply to married couples.

Edit to add, from the user guide:

As a companion to the new relationship features, the rules governing Propose… | Breakup have been significantly relaxed or eliminated.  Steady or engaged sims may sever a relationship at any time for any reason.  Married sims no longer need to become mutual enemies

They do still need to fall out of love/crush though.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:41:56 AM by Imalia »

Offline Lombus

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 01:25:05 PM »
Thanks so much Imalia I tested and it works perfectly the way you described.

Thank you for the support guys :wink:

anything