Author Topic: Sim Blender - adoption revisited  (Read 1946 times)

Offline grammapat

• Highchair Hipster
Sim Blender - adoption revisited
« on: February 14, 2014, 08:26:50 PM »
Last time I asked, I also asked about teen adoption, which just confused the issue; so, here I go again -
With the Blender I picked "put up for adoption" for a baby.  The baby was NOT in the usual adoption "pool", but I found it via teleport/summon/family name "default". {when a regular adoption was attempted, the social worker van shows up, I ask for a baby, and the van disappears; the game was trying to generate a NEW baby, but I have anti-redundancy} I "summoned" the baby.  The baby shows on the family panel, but CAN'T be interacted with.  There is no option to feed, etc. I aged the baby 3 days; the option to "bring baby to cake" was available, but would DROP out of cue. Option to "bath" did the same thing. The only other options available for the baby is to set a relationship or adopt - that didn't change anything.

I quit without saving, and tried the Tombstone "add neighbor to family" - again, it is not possible to interact with the baby.
In the prior thread some people said they WERE able to "put up for adoption", then adopt via phone call in the usual way.  Interesting, but not helpful.  No one actually said "your game is just f... up", but no one offered any insights (it's not the sort of thing I would expect from a hack conflict.)
Life is mostly froth & bubble; two things stand alone. Kindness for another's trouble, courage in your own.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Sim Blender - adoption revisited
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 08:54:58 PM »
I think you might need to use Inge's cat, which does, I think, have the option to adopt.  Summoning is not really the answer by itself.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 03:08:37 AM »
You definitely have a problem mod in your game.  The SS van should not just disappear like that.  If you haven't already run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility (HCDU).  You can post the results here and you'll get help figuring it all out.  Take a look at your mods, too.  Look for anything that has to do with adoption.  If you do have something for teen adoption, it may not be current with your latest EP and causing the problems.

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 03:42:57 AM »
I was one of those people in the previous thread.  I do this all the time, put up for adoption via the blender and call the service on the phone to adopt.  I'm not sure exactly how much more helpful/insightful you want me to be other than it does work and function the way it's supposed to.

If it doesn't in your game the answer isn't to swap to another mod that does the same thing, it's to find out why your game is behaving differently, and for you to fix it.  Does the blender adoption stuff work if the blender is all you have in?  What other adoption mods do you have that could be conflicting?  HCDU doesn't guarantee nothing is conflicting or screwing up something.  I think if even the tombstone isn't working then something is f-ed up with your game.  No one can tell without being at your computer looking at your files if it's a hack conflict (and by the way this is EXACTLY the kind of thing a conflict can cause) or if your game/hood files are corrupted.

Try it in different households, try it in different neighbourhoods, try it with different or no other CC/Downloads. 

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 04:06:58 AM »
I agree with all others, Grammapat. There is definitely something seriously effed up in your game. But it will be figured out!

And I think it must have to do with your Blender or some other adoption-related mod. Because when a baby is put up for adoption, it should *NOT* end up in the "default" family. It should go into the adoption pool! The fact that it doesn't go there in your game, is directly responsible for the game trying to generate a new baby when you want to adopt: it can't find any babies in the adoption pool, so it has no *CHOICE* but to generate a new one, anti-redundancy or not!

And when you say "the van disappears", do you mean it drives away? Or do you really mean it blinks out of existence? And is the new baby actually created? Or does that fail as well? Because if the van just blinks out, and there is no baby, then there is more wrong in your game... Even anti-redundancy should not cause that behavior when a baby is generated.

And when you summon the baby, it is logical that you can not interact with it: it is not yet a member of the family! You must first use the Inge's teleport cat (really the ultimate tool for teleportation and moving sims in and out of families!!!) to make the baby a family member. It must have a positive relationship with at least the mother, if you wish to be able to feed the little shit.

There is also another question. Is you Blender up-to-date with your installation? I.e. do you have the correct version for your 'latest expansion'?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:41:13 AM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 03:20:48 AM »
And does the same thing happen when they try to adopt a toddler?

(Personally, I prefer toddler adoptions.  No 3 days in Sim-hell!)

See if there's a log file in your Logs folder that you could attach along with the hcdu log.

anything