Author Topic: autonomous propose relationship  (Read 16012 times)

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
autonomous propose relationship
« on: November 24, 2013, 01:14:04 PM »
What are the settings for this in ACR, where a sim will autonomosly propose a relationship with another one? What prompts the sim to propose a relationship with another sim? I don't know if I've seen it yet in game.. does it use the cinematics or no?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: autonomous propose relationship
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 01:51:33 PM »
TJ never got this to work properly, so it's disabled.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 02:39:32 PM »
Actually I can't find the option in the latest and greatest version.  If you have the option, update your ACR.

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
    • LilSister's Sims Family Affair
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 04:44:01 PM »
I have ACR Final and the option is still there (aware that it never worked) - has there been an update?

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 05:44:27 PM »
Ahh bummer.  I know the beer from simslice actually has a feature where it will prompt a sim to propose to a seemingly random sim due to the effects of the alcohol I guess... but I've never seen the proposal actually successful.  I don't know if it is selected by random or intentionally with a low relationship sim to give it an "awkward moment" feel.  Too bad it didn't work out with ACR... it would do wonders for keeping families going each generation without having to preselect the sims for each one.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 06:50:29 PM »
With ACR they usually make it pretty darn clear who they actually want to live with! At least, mine do!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 01:54:41 AM »
I put TJ's gypsy ball on one or more community lots.  When the teen wants to go to a lot or wants the consumer electronics, I let them use the gypsy ball shortly after arrival and start a date immediately.  Of course, they have to have earned quite a few scholarships first!  Pump that bunny ear!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 04:22:33 AM »
I stopped using the gypsy ball a long time ago, I got tired of having to clean up the Sim Relations panel.  Maybe the Hood Checker would take care of that now, though.

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 05:54:17 AM »
I'm just curious, why didn't the autonomous propose relationship work? I ask because I've been playing around with some beer from simslice that one of the autonomous interactions is that they'll randomly propose to other sims sometimes.  Usually it's an inappropriate proposition, like a sim male to another sim male they have no chemistry or relationship at all, or sim female to female, or just two sims who have zero chemistry.  I thought I'd test this out though, so I walled in two sims with high relationship score and pumped them full of the alcohol.  eventually, the sim proposed to the other and actually accepted it. 

I looked at the beer in SimPE but couldn't find where the interaction was.  I wanted to play around with it by replacing the propose marriage with 'go steady' or something. 

So, at the very least, is it possible to make autonomous go steady happen? Additionally, would it be possible to make an autonomous object that would prompt a proposition to a sim they have a high relationship with?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 05:58:22 AM »
If the Simslice beer can do that, then I'm sure you could use another object for the same purpose - maybe it could even be added somehow to the ACR Adjuster?

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 07:08:04 AM »
Yes, like an object that they'll randomly use and when they use it, it prompts them to go to the person of their preferred sexual orientation they have the biggest relationship with and propose a relationship with.  That would be cool

Offline Orilon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 10:10:23 AM »
I just use the Sims ACR "The One" if they have one, or another two bolt Sim if their "The One" is already taken. (Both Hal Capp and Benedick Monty have Bottom Summerdream as their "The One" if the three are teen and above at the same time. Most of the time Bottom's "One" is Benedick, so I put Benedick and Bottom together, and find another mate for Hal.)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 10:12:24 AM »
I change her name first!!!!

Offline Orilon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 10:18:07 AM »
I would, but I can never remember if its the changing the first name that can cause problems or changing the last name that can cause problems. I vaguely remember that one can cause problems if there is a error message but I don't remember exact details.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 11:50:24 AM »
I've never had a problem with doing either.  I just do it in SimPE.

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 09:09:10 AM »
The beer definitely picks a random target, it doesn't take relationship or anything into account. Would be funny to use it on a sim in a room full of people they had a crush or higher relationship with and see the fury fly!

I can't remember why ACR never worked but it may have been that the checks which are not present in Simslice's beer were making it too complex or failing. The beer doesn't check for relationship, as far as I can tell it doesn't check for whether the selected sim is already engaged or married, it doesn't check for sexual preference. I ^think^ it can also happen to non-selectables, but because it's fairly likely the proposition will be rejected anyway it doesn't really affect anything.
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 01:01:59 PM »
That seems a reasonable assessment, simsfreq. TJ was at some point testing an ACR version that would have auto-engagements and auto break-ups, but from the progress reports we were to understand that it was a kind of flip-flop thing, where a sim would propose, then 5 minutes later break up again, and propose to the same or another sim. When he found himself unable to get it stable, he scrapped the whole idea.

Seeing as how attraction may change as soon as anysim puts on or takes off their clothes, changes outfit or hair color, it's easy to imagine how such flip-flop relations could happen.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:03:42 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 03:04:54 PM »
BO- Couldn't you take in long term relationship score into account though? It would seem that maybe if there was some kind of 'safeguard' for when the sim is in a relationship, maybe it would only break up if long term went lower than a specified number instead of all willy nilly. 

simsfreq - where did you find this? (where it prompts for proposal to a random sim?)  I couldn't find it when I looked at it in SimPE.  Could it be changed to "go steady" to have more of a potential success?

It is too bad ACR couldn't have an ironed out autonomos propose relationship based on attraction, short term/long term relationship score, etc... 

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2014, 04:46:48 PM »
You're right, t_i. Taking LTR (or even just STR) into consideration would provide an amount of stability to such functions. But I would also imagine that TJ already tried something like that.

And there is something else we would also have to consider. Some sims would follow different standards. Playful sims, for example, might change partners easier than serious sims. That would mean that the LTR/STR scores would be less important for the playful sim.

The latter may seem somewhat far fetched, but the way I've come to know TJ, he would most likely have allowed for such or similar variations. I don't know exactly at which point he gave up, but I *can* tell you that what part of ACR's code I already *have* examined, is so complex that I wouldn't even *dare* to try taking over.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2014, 06:56:02 PM »
I wouldn't even do playful/serious but base it on aspiration, If I had the know-how to do it, here's how i'd probably go about it:

For sims to propose go steady:

conditions:
1 - attraction score at a decent rate
2 - STR score, maybe above 75?
 = Sim proposes relationship.

for propose engagement:

1st - check if already going steady
2nd- check sim aspiration.  Lower LTR threshold for Family sims (LTR > 50?) , highest threshold for Pleasure/Romance sims - LTR score > 90?

for breakup:

check sim aspiration.  Family sims more willing to "stay together" and give time for the relationship to heal.  Romance sims could break it off if just going steady if they find new attractions and LTR isn't too high for current sim they are already dating.  To make it more complex, current mood score for the breakup-er could be a factor.  A sim with a bad mood, prompted by a caught significant other cheating memory, could make them more likely to break up.  Maybe even throw in a "coin toss" too if these conditions are met so it isn't a definite break up even if the Sim catches their significant other cheating twice, even 3 times..

Alternatively, I was thinking of something else to facilitate autonomously proposing relationships.  Perhaps clone a table for "speed dating" where single sims go to a community lot and sit down across from each other, and talk.  Maybe give it a "time limit" somehow, where after a certain amount of time (30 minutes? an hour?) passes, STR & LTR relationships along with attraction score are somehow tallied up.  If it meets a certain point, Sim A proposes go steady with Sim B.  If Sim B Rejects, they move on to the next table to another sim.  You'd have to have options for the table to where it would allow for whatever orientation the player wants and based on that criteria, Sim A would have to be one sex and Sim B would have to be the other preferred sex. A M/F, M/M, F/F switch or something. 

Also, the "speed dating table" would need to check initially if the Sims were in a relationship already, if so, the table is unusable to that sim. 

As for autonomous propose engagement, maybe another object to facilitate it similar to the Simslice beer- an object that a sim might autnomomously use although it would have an automatic check for relationship first, then LTR score, and other flags such as Love.  Maybe a bridal bouquet object on a community lot meant for dating couples, and if the sim autonomously uses it, it checks for whatever criteria. 

Even if ACR cannot be fixed that way, would it be easier doing it this route, having an autonomous object to prompt the interaction such as what the simslice beer does?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 07:11:38 PM »
And here I thought *I* was thinking of making it complicated... But I must hand it to you, t_i: you take the cake. And I'm sure TJ would have all that in there too, most likely. Anyway, you must agree that it's quite a bit of work to integrate all that with all that ACR already does.

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2014, 08:59:35 PM »
Well, I'd be happy with just altering the code for the beer to propose "go steady" instead of engagement to see a possible positive reaction  :cheese:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2014, 06:22:22 AM »
I can imagine. If I ever return to simming/modding again, I might look into doing that change for you. :)

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2014, 12:28:21 PM »
C'mon BO all it would take is you loading Sim PE and obtaining the simslice beer (booty!) and working your magic!  :cheese: The townspeople would rejoice!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2014, 02:00:18 PM »
Indeed, all it would take is for me to load SimPE... except... Are you volunteering to buy me a PC to run it on? Because mine is broken, and has been for over a year! :(

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2014, 02:27:12 PM »
Bummer! What's wrong with it?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 03:30:56 PM »
The harddisk (an SSD drive) disconnects semi-randomly every few minutes, causing the system to reboot.

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2014, 04:55:59 AM »
I had that problem a few years back, not on a SSD drive but it seems like once I reformatted and fixed the disk errors it worked just fine.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2014, 06:55:49 AM »
That would mean losing all my data, and I'm not prepared to do that yet. I'll have to wait until I can afford adding another disk.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 08:08:19 AM »
BO, I'm just wondering if a computer tech could install your HD as a secondary HD on one of their PCs, and then copy all your data onto an external HD?  Once you were sure the data was safe, you could reformat the HD and copy your data over.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2014, 11:38:59 AM »
They probably could, yeah.

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2014, 04:10:49 AM »
I have not looked in SimPE at the beer. I was going off the description at the site, and my experience with it would suggest that the random theory is correct. Plus, it would be more complicated to have it choose a lower relationship score and it's a bit of an EA-esque joke, for the sim to propose to someone he hates? I mean, the predictability of it is what makes it unfunny. It's funnier if there's a chance he could get it right.

I've just checked and it doesn't mention target in the description, but mentions a readme - it could be that it's in there. I am a good sim downloader and always read readmes  :cheese:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:12:35 AM by simsfreq »
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2014, 05:04:08 AM »
Maybe it needs to look for the in love flag?  A romance sim might still have a wide choice!!!!

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2014, 12:58:10 PM »
I was unable to find where it actually prompted the propose engagement in SimPe while looking at it.  ANyone else know?

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2014, 07:17:16 AM »
*throws down his shovel* 

:eew:

Digging this thread back up because I found something interesting.  Syberspunk apparently had a mod, something about go steady for adults which was supposed to be autonomous.  I guess it was supposed to work in line with ACR and the adults would autonomously go steady if they had certain STR and LTR, being in love, high outgoing and certain scores based on aspiration.  Has anyone else used or tried this mod and had success with it being autonomous? Could it be adapted and integrated into ACR as originally intended?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2014, 03:26:38 PM »
One of the problems that TJ originally had with this feature when he tried to add it to ACR, was that a sim would autonomously propose a relationship as soon as a certain treshold was reached, but as soon as the scores dropped a bit, they would autonomously break up again. Kind of a yo-yo effect. The way I recall it, TJ has been tweaking it for a while, and in the end disabled the feature before release, because he couldn't get it stabile (sp?).

You may wonder what this has to do with your question. I think that it may prove rather difficult to have such a feature work properly, whether it's integrated with ACR or not.

I seem to recall that Syberspunk had accounts on both MATY and MTS. So I would suggest that you look for his mods at these places, and see if this mod you've read about is among them. You could then attempt using it in a test hood. I'd be curious to hear what the result is.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2014, 06:55:54 PM »
I think it would improve gameplay if someone could come up with a way to get graduates moving to the main hood (family sims in particular) to want to get engaged and married to their One.  This bugs me more than the lack of autonomy - I tend to consider a want to be a form of autonomy anyway.

BO - *stable*.

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2014, 08:11:21 PM »
BO-  I would be content with even just the autonomous relationship alone, not even worrying about implementing the auto break up. That would be very interesting to see sims actually propose to their significant other... I know the T&A/A&N mod does this, but the trade off to me is that it auto populates the townies and doesn't let the number fall under a certain level without creating more i think.  I had a wiped hood with custom townies and dormies, to build the population from them.  The new townies kind of killed the fun for me when they'd just be generated.  I've done a little testing with the syberspunk mods  but so far no results.  I have issues determining which expansion is the latest in my installation... i run from Fun with Pets collection cd... which has M&G with it... but I also have AL so its kindo f hard to determine.  I *think* i downloaded the correct version of syberspunk's mod but I'm not all that sure... I guess I just have to keep testing to see if any of them work.

Perhaps an object that could be used autonomously by sims that have a love already with a high attraction could automatically prompt the proposal if both sims are on the lot? I dug through the simslice beer but I can't for the life of me find out what in it prompts the engagement proposals that happen at random.. I would even be happy with an object that would automatically set the relationship flags as steady/engaged for sims with the proper STR/LTR and love flags set already when used manually, so they could be married at the arch eventually.  something to save time from actually having to selec tthe sim, find out who they love, initiate the proposal myself.

ZZ- yeah that would be awesome.  Occasionally I'll add a few dormies manually to my hood when my sim is in college to add to the gene pool, so it would be cool to have them continue the population when they graduate

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2014, 08:17:58 PM »
I mostly don't bother with the arch these days, unless a sim actually wants to get married or throw a wedding party!  Just when I get a bit tired of all the kids having mother's last name, I get them married so some can have the father's last name.  I spend a lot of time deliberating on my CAS sims' names, and I hate to lose one because neither parent wants to get wed!  Also, it means I can pick a moment when Romance sims don't have the fear to get them married quickly!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2014, 02:33:27 AM »
@total_immortal: if you have M&G in your game, OR your game runs with one of the Collection Packs, then you can usually assume AL as your latest EP, with one exception: If a specific M&G version of a mod exist, then that is what you need. Otherwise, you always take the AL version.
I see what you're saying on the autonomy issue, and I agree that even without auto break-up, it would be an improvement.

@ZZ: Thanks for the spelling help. :thumb: I really get confused over that one, because a stable is also a sty. One *does* after all speak of stab-I-lity. But saying that a situation is sty just seems WRONG! :lol:
Agreed! Just keeping or (re-)rolling that engagement/marriage want after graduation would be a big WIN.
I seldom bother with arches and all the hoopla that accompany them as well. If they want to get married (or in the case of romance sms, if I want them married and they currently don't have any fears about it) then married they be, with a simple ring-swap for all I care. Sim life is too short to waste too much of it planning for chaos.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:39:21 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2014, 03:08:14 AM »
BO, stable meaning a horse's house comes mistakenly from the French etable (cowshed).  Stable meaning securely fixed comes from Latin stabile, so that is why we have the word *stability* rather than *stableness* which although a perfectly acceptable word, is probably used less often.

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2014, 04:33:52 AM »
Yeah I usually assume AL is the latest, although it took me a while to figure otu the M&G one.  I think a few mods I tried didn't work because I didn't use the M&G version lol. 

I usually leave my townies to their own devices for a few sim days then I load up the sim chapel I made, and wait for the first 3 sims to show.  I'll make one selectable, find out who they are in love with and if the score is high enough I'll have them prompt a proposal once I teleport their significant other in.  Then, I might process them and other sims to another business I made, a "fertility clinic" which is basically a fancy area for them to woohoo with their significant other on the CJH woohoo wonderment bed which actually can get townies pregnant.  It takes some adjusting to make them woohoo only their significant other and not just anything on 2 legs but the various doors and visitor controller kind of helps with that.  Once they are pregnant, I  process all the pregnant sims in another lot, a family that acts as a midwife of sorts... i just move them in, accelerate pregnancy, then move them out into the neighborhood.  I usually have to age the baby to a toddler first. Once the child is big enough not to be lost in the abyss (when i age them into a child) they become townies so they age naturally along with the sim I currently play. 

It's a hassle sometimes... but it keeps things going I guess lol

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2014, 11:01:22 AM »
Have to admit, I prefer a slightly slower approach.... but then, I have all day, every day!

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2014, 12:47:06 PM »
Syberspunk's auto go steady mod actually works, got it to work with a playable couple.  Haven't tested it on townie couples yet.. but that's a start I guess!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2014, 02:52:05 PM »
Ah, good. You've made a great start there! Keep us apprised, ok?