Author Topic: ACR and male pregnancy  (Read 4096 times)

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
ACR and male pregnancy
« on: July 13, 2014, 04:10:21 PM »
I'm trying to work out if a scenario is possible or not, hopefully someone can help :)

I've never wanted Pregnancy4all in my game before because it doesn't suit my playstyle, I like things to have a sense of logic/reality about them and it never seemed logical to me to allow same sex pregnancy.

However, now I've decided on a set of criteria where I could feasibly allow it - if one partner has alien blood and either one has a certain enthusiasm level in science, then there should be a chance that either one of them can get pregnant regardless of what gender each of them are, because aliens have super-special different biology which allows them to reproduce asexually (so long as they have a partner) and impregnate men.

So I suppose that I want Preg4all, but I need to be able to turn it off for most and on for a few individual sims. Is this possible using ACR? I know there is a setting called "Can sim get pregnant Yes/No" but does this only affect ACR interactions or does it affect pregnancy by any other means - I don't mind if setting a pregnancy using the blender overrides it as I'd have to do this manually anyway. I have inteen but I don't use any other hacks which affect woohoo.

Also, if I drop Preg4all into my game is it going to set all of my male sims to "Yes" straight away? I have the tokens all set up differently with ideal number of kids and risky chance all different depending on personality and storyline so I can't just copy a token to all in hood :/ I suppose I could just update each sim as I play the family but I'm worried about forgetting and/or oopsie pregnancies before that happens :nervous:
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
Re: ACR and male pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 04:47:49 PM »
Preg4All will not override ACRs setting, to include gender preference.  When a man and woman hook up, the woman would be the one to become pregnant, if pregnancy occurs.  Keep in mind that ACR settings only effect ACR interactions.  Unless you have another mod that allows spontaneous woohoo/try for baby, you needed worry about non-ACR woohoo...you control when it happens and what form it takes.

So, set the "can sim get pregnant" switch as needed for bi-sexual and homosexual sims.  You could do that same for all male sims if you want, or if the need arises.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 05:26:35 PM »
One of your criteria will be hard to include in any kind of BHAV: there is absolutely no way to determine whether any sim has Alien blood. One would think that checking for Alien skin or Alien eyes might work. But alas, there is no way that I (or anyone I know) know of to collect that data in-game.

Enthousiasm for any hobby or interest in any field of study could easily be included, though. But such settings would not be made by ACR. In fact, you would need to rewrite a certain BHAV that tests whether a Sim can become pregnant.

My "P4A - Alien Trigger Override" mod does something like that. It requires Preg4All, but will turn same sex pregnancy on/off for any individual sim, based on whether or not they have visited the Aliens. One could rewrite that code to include any kind of different tests, though.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 02:31:24 AM »
Oh that's okay, I don't need the game to recognise if they have alien blood, I was planning to do that myself. What I want to know is, if I have a couple who I turn pregnancy on for, would they be able to autonomously have the guy become pregnant as well as/instead of the girl, or if I have a same sex couple who I turn pregnancy on for, one of them would be able to become pregnant, but not another same sex couple for whom I have it turned off.

I didn't realise about the alien trigger mod, so thanks for that, I probably overlooked it at the time. I think I'll have to think about it further, as to whether I decide it has to be an intentional decision (and then artificially inseminate using the blender) or whether that mod is the way I want to go.
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 07:44:47 AM »
The existing Preg4All will ONLY affect same-sex couples. In a mixed-gender relation, only the female can get pregnant. I'm not sure if the Blender will allow you to make male sims pregnant.

So for what you want, you would still need a specialized mod that changes the pregnancy rules in a similar manner as what the Alien Trigger Override does. Such a mod, as far as I'm aware, does not (yet) exist.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 04:39:07 PM »
You know, I can accept males impregnating males, aliens impregnating males (though why not females...) but somehow females impregnating males stretches the bounds of belief a little too far for me!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 08:43:44 AM »
The blender allows you to make anyone pregnant with anyone, even the grim reaper! I've used it for male pregnancies before. Nervous Subject has a self pollinated daughter :)

I think I'm just going to roll a dice and decide.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 08:47:08 AM »
Ok, that's good to know about the Blender.

Anyway, I'm sorry we couldn't help you with an automated way to get your wish, simsfreq.

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 10:29:52 AM »
Thank you for trying :) It's certainly given me some ideas which I might use in the future.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 04:54:36 PM »
Preg4All will not override ACRs setting, to include gender preference.  When a man and woman hook up, the woman would be the one to become pregnant, if pregnancy occurs.  Keep in mind that ACR settings only effect ACR interactions.  Unless you have another mod that allows spontaneous woohoo/try for baby, you needed worry about non-ACR woohoo...you control when it happens and what form it takes.

So, set the "can sim get pregnant" switch as needed for bi-sexual and homosexual sims.  You could do that same for all male sims if you want, or if the need arises.

Is this not an automated way to do exactly what simsfreq wants?  As with anything some set up is necessary, but once that is set up the combination of ACR and Preg4All will do exactly what is needed.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 07:03:13 PM »
From what I understood, simsfreq also wants it to be possible for the female to make the male pregnant, based on - for example - alien heritage. That is not possible with either ACR or Preg4All, or even both. No matter what settings one tweaks, it will not happen.

A lot it will do, yes. Almost everything, even. But alas not all. Hence, to my knowledge, the answer would still be "No", my friend. :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 07:05:34 PM by BoilingOil »

anything