Author Topic: Blender Version 1.0 Feature Requests  (Read 65985 times)

Offline Zaleth

• Talkative Toddler
  • Yep this is the real me!
Re: Blender Version 1.0 Feature Requests
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2008, 12:07:54 AM »
ZZ LordDarcy made the batman box into a vase and flower you can get it over at maty under his heading.
Just when you thought it was safe to open the door you find "Murphy" standing there unscrewing the handle!
My Creations are at:
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/forum/131-zaleths-little-corner-of-the-asylum/

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2008, 04:58:46 AM »
I'll have a look sometime, I don't go there a lot these days unless I have to!  But I will check it out, thanks!  (Although why it couldn't be made to look like the object it was originally cloned from is beyond me!  (Anyone who has packaged a house with the batman and macrotastics boxes in and installed them in a vanilla game knows what happens to them......)
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline yetyak

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2008, 06:06:44 AM »
Will you give a hint for those of us who don't do the vanilla game to find out?  I have my batman box recolored to look like a heat pump or air conditioner. 

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2008, 06:14:03 AM »
Well, it's a measure of something....... :smile: (and I'd prefer to see that than the boxes!)  Be ok though, as a box, if someone could add all the Hansen Nursery Boxes textures to it!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline yetyak

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2008, 06:20:00 AM »
Ah, ok, thanks.  It would be nice if it could have more choices than just one.  I've done several things to it to try and get it to look more 'normal' but none of them have turned out all that great.

Offline Simmerqueen

• Her Royal Hind-Ass
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2008, 07:58:06 AM »
Thanks TJ for looking into this!   :thumb:  Any type of a nice decorative object would be great, I'm sure.  I agree though zz, the ivy would be fantastic (or flowers to plant outside, or hanging plants for inside - anything that doesn't take up a tile so that you need to have "room" for it).  A potted plant is always good because it can stand in a corner of a room, which often go unused.

I think I'll go to MATY for the plant Batman box - I'm like you zz, don't go there much these days.  My yards are always cluttered up by the Batman Box, Macrotastics box, college adjuster phone books, crystal ball, T of L&D and the Sim modder statue.  Now I have started also putting the disinfectant sprayer on the lot - I know, I'm lazy  :rolleyes: - I don't like to have to go get these things that I use all the time!
"Life is too short to waste on stupid people."

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2008, 08:04:25 AM »
I mostly put things that sims don't need to use in the basement, if there is one, it's less bother than attics.  But a recolour of the batman and macrotastics boxes to match the Hansen stuff, which I love, would be great - I could stick them in the corner of a nursery or kid's bedroom, add an invisible shelf and stick a lamp on it!

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2008, 02:19:31 PM »
On the pregnancy options.

Probably not possible, but in addition to accelerate and de, how about a + or - 3 hour choice? I have been trying to do this with accelerate, but always overshoot.
Maybe those who wander do get lost...
Pleasant Valley

Offline TashaFaun

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2008, 02:55:41 PM »
I've read through the thread so I hope I'm not repeating anything. I haven't seen anyone suggest something like the mortality adjuster. It would be really nice to not have to know the people who died to resurrect them. I hate to say it but I would much rather use the Blender than InSIM (due to sheer size and objects) but that and family ties are pretty much the only thing keeping me with it. I love the Blender!

ETA: Customer loyalty was something mentioned but I'm not sure anyone took notice or not. That is something I would love to see  :cheese:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 02:59:35 PM by TashaFaun »

Offline Zaleth

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2008, 10:26:46 PM »
I don't go to Maty often my self but I do once a week check out Darcyland for Lord Darcy fixes. Here is where you find it :

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,10943.0.html

Name of topic: FFS Lot Debugger is mutated into the small glass vase - DIY package

Just when you thought it was safe to open the door you find "Murphy" standing there unscrewing the handle!
My Creations are at:
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/forum/131-zaleths-little-corner-of-the-asylum/

Offline Simmerqueen

• Her Royal Hind-Ass
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2008, 05:46:22 AM »
Thanks Zaleth for the link!   :thumb:  I'll go get it tonight.  :smile:
"Life is too short to waste on stupid people."

Offline Zaleth

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2008, 07:31:23 AM »
Glad to help  :thumb:

My Creations are at:

Offline SmilingSweetly

• S.P.O.R.K.
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Have spork, will travel.
« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2008, 12:10:08 PM »
Not sure if it's possible to have it 'remember' your default selection. I have thought of a way to do it, but it would be kludgy. The pie menu is possible, I'll think about that. I can also change the default object from the phone books to something else; that's something I've been thinking about doing anyway.

All good, TJ and thanks for checking. The pie-menu would make it so much easier and faster.
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?

Offline angelsfall

• Babbling Baby
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2008, 11:24:09 PM »
A selectable and suicide feature.  That's pretty much all I need to replace Insim (and it's 500000 sectionals) completely.
"I'd rather be all me on the edge then a drone of the 21st century."

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2008, 01:58:53 AM »
Selectability is already available with Inge's teleporter cat.

Offline TashaFaun

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2008, 10:26:12 AM »
A selectable and suicide feature.  That's pretty much all I need to replace Insim (and it's 500000 sectionals) completely.

And you get the suicide option with Rodney's death creator in game. It's actually better because even toddlers can use it. InSim doesn't let me kill za toddlers!

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2008, 07:32:38 PM »
I request a option/feature to adjust a sims (AL) reputation be added, if possible  X)
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline yetyak

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2008, 09:27:03 AM »
This is probably not the right item to ask about this on, but I would like to see some kind of 'send household to bed' thing without having to use that mod of Pescados.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2008, 11:46:56 AM »
You can use the DMA teleporter and just use the option to make everyone tired - they all go to bed then.

Just to add something else to the list of requests - when I move townies into the game, I like them to start out with no job and no skills, just like everyone made in CAS.  At present I have to move them into a lot, and then move them to the sim bin, and then edit them in SimPE.  I wondered if it would be possible in the Skills section to have a nuke all skills option?  Also a Make me Unemployed button......
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:15:34 PM by zephyrzodiac »

Offline yetyak

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2008, 06:06:58 AM »
That's another thing I don't have, but it also sounds like it might be something I 'need'.  Thanks, zz.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2008, 07:36:38 AM »
Well, we don't all want to be kind to sims all the time!

Offline magicmoon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2008, 11:45:22 PM »
This is probably not the right item to ask about this on, but I would like to see some kind of 'send household to bed' thing without having to use that mod of Pescados.

This is by Christianlov. I use this in the households where for whatever reason I choose not to use the sleepclock or BUY. It does not conflict with MATY mods.

http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=288291

ETA: I just noticed that he added a social function that uses his phone to call friends. That may have a problem with phonehack if you used that option. I haven't tried this updated version.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 11:50:30 PM by magicmoon »
Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL.

Offline yetyak

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2008, 06:16:11 AM »
Thanks for the info!  That does look interesting, and does quite a lot of things.  I think eat and sleep would be most popular for me.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2008, 07:09:31 AM »
I just use the teleporter if necessary - that doesn't conflict with the sleepclock either, and has so many useful cheats - for instance, if you want everyone to go to bed but one, you click sleepy all, and they all start to toddle off to bed, but the sim you want to stay awake you then click on the refresh me option.  Then, if that sim doesn't go to work until the afternoon, the sleepclock will just send them to bed at their normal time, when they should be tired enough.

ishi-chan

« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2008, 09:15:37 PM »
First of all, having family ties editing would be great.

I'd also like to see the Genie Lamp allowed to be spawned in sims' inventories in the same way personal electronics would.

Hmm...maybe something that stops the game randomising interests after they've been altered? This has been happening since FT. Also, an option to set interests instead of just randomising them.

Another thing I'd love to see is the choice of speeding up studying the new skills that came with FT and AL (Parenting, Fire Safety, Physiology, etc.). It annoys me that it takes ages for a sim to study it but I make them do it anyway for the memory.

Offline ilikefishfood

• Mistress of Special Brownies
  • Talkative Toddler
    • "If...Life and Times in Christophe Harbour"
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2008, 10:28:18 AM »
Is it too late to beg for stuff? I was wondering if it was possible to add one-sided relationship scores and flags.  Sometimes I want to make a simmie be in love with another who does not have mutual feelings. You know: simmie gets dumped but still crushing on the ex, while the ex has moved on.
"If..."a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, misunderstandings, quite a bit of silliness & a bit of rock & roll."

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2008, 11:03:31 AM »
You know you can do this with the simmodder if you spawn it right?
Pleasant Valley

Offline magicmoon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2008, 08:32:36 AM »
Randomize One True Hobby.

I've looked around and can't find this anywhere, and don't really know why. I had a child that couldn't seem to find his niche. Finally I clicked on lot debugger to find out what his hobby was. It was fitness. This on a Sim with only a point or two of Active.

It was simple enough to change him to a more appropriate hobby, but I would have rather randomized it, preferably without highlighting it in the UI. I like watching them explore to find out what they like. In the above example, I could just try out a fitness activity after randomizing to make sure that he didn't roll that again.

Or is there a mod that takes their personality/interests into account so that Sims with no interest in cooking aren't going to be enthusiastic about it? The game should make some sense.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2008, 02:04:49 PM »
I agree there - and it also annoys me when every member of a household seems to have the same one true hobby!  I did find that if you remove it with SimPE there's a good chance the sim concerned will reroll a different one, although this isn't always the case.

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2008, 02:30:22 PM »
I found something interesting.  The Denizens of Belladonna Cove, if you read Prima, they list what their one true hobbies are. However, in actual game play, none of them have one set. You can check with the batman box or SimPE.
Pleasant Valley

Offline ilikefishfood

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2008, 04:57:31 AM »
You know you can do this with the simmodder if you spawn it right?

Yes, yes, Trif.  I do. And that's what I'm resorting to, right now.  But simsmodder is often dodgey (esp. on uni dorm lots) and will make simmies fall in love when you choose 'neutral' or 'likes'.........I'm tired of having to use SimPe to edit the memory of one of my poor uni students who justed wanted to meet a new person and ended up falling in love with the dining room cook.

Also, I'd like to be able to one-sidely add and remove flags (love, crush, etc).  So I can make one simmie love someone who doesn't love them etc.   Again I've found sims modder's sucess rate with this, less than favourable.

Just thought TJ could do a more reliable feature with the Blender if he has the time, space, desire or right amount of fudge brownies.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 04:59:33 AM by ilikefishfood »
"If..."a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, misunderstandings, quite a bit of silliness & a bit of rock & roll."

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2008, 07:51:32 AM »
Ahhh, Don't use it in spring... In spring it does that because of Springs extra romance stuff.
Pleasant Valley

Offline ilikefishfood

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2008, 09:50:17 AM »
Ahhh, Don't use it in spring... In spring it does that because of Springs extra romance stuff.

Aaaaaaah! Pesky Seasons.  I got tired of Seasons features really quickly.  I mostly banish their effects.  Did't know about this little "enhancement."  Thx. Will proceed with caution.

Offline twoftmama

• Toddling Tot
  • Dynamite comes in small packages!
    • TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2008, 05:11:05 PM »
Wow, with so many great ideas it's hard to choose what I REALLY need!  :cheese: The things that top my wish list are:

Add Family Ties editing
Some sort of Independent Teen thingy
Edit enthusiasm points
Family Funds adjustment
adjust the relationship between 2 pets (so you can mate them)
Adding personality points

Thanks TJ! The Simblender is fantastic!
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

aml1973

« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2008, 07:00:25 AM »
I would love to see Hobby support, without a shadow of a doubt...

To be honest, 'The Sim Blender' supports absolutely everything I use SimPE for *apart* from hobbies... I didn't even know about this object until yesterday and I'm already utterly in love with it - It's quite literally the answer to all my prayers  :smile:

Once hobby support is added I can then grandfather SimPE, and perform all of the changes I want to make "live" and in game... It'll be incredibly useful to me, to say the least!

Absolutely fantastic stuff, twojeffs - You're a star  :thumb:

azsimmer

« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2008, 05:53:09 PM »
I didn't read through all the posts, but with Monique's Individual aging not being updated, is it possible to add a 1 day aging and removing off one day option to this?

Offline magicmoon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2008, 01:54:45 PM »
I was setting up a scenario and found out that the Blender cannot directly change a Sim to Cheese aspiration. I did manage to achieve it by randomizing several times.

Since Cheese is no longer considered a bad aspiration, could you add the ability to directly change a Sim to Cheese?

Offline Gwenke

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2008, 10:44:36 AM »
I wonder why HCDU shows conflict between the Blender and the Insimenator (for AL)? They never used to conflict. Is this a real conflict, or do they both work OK ayway?

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2008, 07:57:54 AM »
That conflict is not a problem.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Molly

« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2008, 06:16:36 PM »
Yes, Please.
 Some kind of independent teen feature. I loved having 'move out teens' and the blender is sooo capable of *lykee ya n0* making that possible, omg.. =P
thanks for asking tj
Sorry I've been in a wicked stupidly goofy mood all day. Please forgive my dumbassness, and lack of political correctness...  :blink:
Independent Teen Mod (YES)

Jeza

« Reply #140 on: November 02, 2008, 07:49:43 AM »
What would be nice, and it's not in any other hack i know, is something to add member cards for the hobby lots.(or I'm too dumb and i didn't find it ... :rolleyes:)

I know there is an option to edit enthusiasm points. But it's not that I'm too lazy to gain enthusiasm it's that sometimes i have the proper amount of points or even more (like full bar) and i never get the card. :pissed:

But with or without this option it's really sooooo helpfull ! Thanks a lot TJ for this wonderfull tool  :thumb:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #141 on: November 02, 2008, 03:03:20 PM »
If your sim didn't get the membership card, you could try dropping their enthusiasm until it is lower than the point where the card generates.  I know that sims who didn't get the career rewards (ie moved in townies) can get them if you drop them back to a lower career level, so I imagine the same thing would happen with hobby rewards like the membership card.

Offline magicmoon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2008, 12:50:09 AM »
I'd like to suggest menu tweaks.

Move 'Randomize Aspiration' from the Debug menu (shift click) to the Aspiration menu so that it is next to 'Change Aspiration' and easier to find.

I spent 45 minutes looking for this yesterday. When I didn't find it on the blender I started looking through the rest of my toys. I finally started shift clicking things and found it. I think it is about the only option left on that menu.

And remove 'One true hobby' as being a superfluous menu level.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2008, 01:43:13 AM »
Would it be possible to utilise the secret OTH, so you could set a sim to have no OTH at all, and then let them just get a new one as and when the opportunity arises.  I've done this a lot with moved in townies, and also moved their skills back to zero and their career level to the bottom just so they have some interest for me when playing them, so and option to lower skills and jobs would be great too.

But not if it involves an awful lot of work, mind!

Offline magicmoon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2008, 09:39:33 AM »
What's up with secret OTH anyway? I saw the option in SimPe but don't understand how it is different than just not knowing what their OTH is yet.

Jeza, the batbox had 'issue missing hobby memberships' or something to that effect, but I haven't seen it show up lately so I don't know if the option was removed, or just hasn't been showing up because the Sims I am currently playing are receiving them correctly. I know that it's an option that only shows up when applicable.

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2008, 10:08:02 AM »
Let me clarify something.

It is not "secret" because it is marked as such in the data files. The Only reason you see it with SimPE is because when Quaxi was creating the wrapper, there were 11 data fields in the file, not ten. He decided to include the 11th field anyway, even though to anyone's knowledge it serves no purpose, and just stuck secret??? there for lack of anything better.

EDIT: I might add that I would not recommend using this field at all, unless someone can explain its true purpose.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 05:34:21 PM by Trif »
Pleasant Valley

babygirl246024

« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2008, 03:28:48 PM »
 i would like it if u could make the pregnancy scanner without reavealing the father.    :smile:

Offline jjab73

• Queen of Typoland
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Love . Peace . Happiness
« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2008, 04:21:34 PM »
I would also love  Add/Sever Family Ties editing. Please & Thank you! :)

Great for if a male sim gets abducted/impregnated. His spouse can then adopt the baby.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2008, 05:09:44 PM »
I'd like to suggest menu tweaks.

Move 'Randomize Aspiration' from the Debug menu (shift click) to the Aspiration menu so that it is next to 'Change Aspiration' and easier to find.

I spent 45 minutes looking for this yesterday. When I didn't find it on the blender I started looking through the rest of my toys. I finally started shift clicking things and found it. I think it is about the only option left on that menu.

This is still on the debug menu? D'oh. Will fix.

And remove 'One true hobby' as being a superfluous menu level.

Not superfluous. Or won't be. It's there for future menu insertion (i.e. Enthusiasm). I will agree that its annoying that deep but I want to keep the lower level menus clean.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2008, 07:57:22 PM »
Trif, if you give your sim the Secret OTH in SimPE, it will simply remove the existing one and then they can generate a new one.  It didn't create any problems in my game when I did this. 

anything
anything