Author Topic: Blender Version 1.0 Feature Requests  (Read 66104 times)

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
Blender Version 1.0 Feature Requests
« on: July 20, 2008, 10:29:22 AM »
I'm working on an update to the Blender. What do you want to see added? There are already many threads requesting stuff, but I'd like to see them all here as well. Once we get a decent list I'll probably add a poll for voting on the top features.

Current Requests:

• Add Fit/Fat/Normal fitness options - This one's in 'cause it's done. :cheese:
  • Some sort of pet mating thingy
  • Remove Furiousness - Done
  • Add Family Ties editing - Done
  • Add Toddler Skills - Done
  • Hidden Skills Editing
  • Some sort of Independent Teen thingy
  • Relationship editing by group (all on lot/visitors)
  • Edit enthusiasm points
  • Edit Badges/Give Random Badges - Done :cheese:
  • Cure/Give sickness
  • Add Skill points - In 'cause it was mostly already there.
  • Backward compatibility (pre-FT) - Done, back to zomgPetz!one1one
  • Family Funds adjustment
  • Set a Max career level for a sim
  • Add BV skills & mementos

All items in green are included in the version released 12/8/08.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 09:00:00 PM by twojeffs »
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline Kivak

• Talkative Toddler
Re: Blender Version 1.0 Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 12:23:03 PM »
Pet mating mod, control size of litter and help with mating pets somehow, not sure how this would work. Others might have a more concrete idea how it would work.
Kivak & Wolfie's Cove
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/forum/70-kivak-and-wolfies-cove/
Sims 2 stories and houses, some clothes & Sims

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 12:31:05 PM »
A readme.txt that doesn't get overwritten by another readme.txt  :cheese:

Offline Figwit

• Pineapple Princess
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »
I would love a get fit option  :cheese:

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 07:47:29 PM »
I would love a get fit option  :cheese:

ditto! along with fat/normal options too!

*has to ask* A "Independent Teen" type age feature, like InSIMs where teens get flagged as adult and can get pregnant/father kids  X)

Options to remove furious (make me not made at anyone/make no one mad at me) would be handy. Sometimes it just takes forever for them to 'get over it' specially when its kids that are mad at a parent.

TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline Cabelle

• Toddling Tot
  • Shall we play?
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 10:45:34 PM »
Options to remove furious (make me not made at anyone/make no one mad at me) would be handy. Sometimes it just takes forever for them to 'get over it' specially when its kids that are mad at a parent.

Ditto to this, sometimes that furious state is more of a hassle than it's worth.

The make fit option would be very nice too.
"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

Offline kacidama

• BFBVFS
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 12:38:02 AM »
A readme.txt that doesn't get overwritten by another readme.txt  :cheese:

You know you can rename the readme when you install it with WinRAR

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 01:46:10 AM »
True, but when you select multiple files to extract, you don't have that option.

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 02:18:11 PM »
Family ties capability added to relationship editor - In other words being able to set remove, parent, sibling etc and have it apply to both the Family ties section of the data files, as well as the relationship section.
Maybe those who wander do get lost...
Pleasant Valley

Offline ilikefishfood

• Mistress of Special Brownies
  • Talkative Toddler
    • "If...Life and Times in Christophe Harbour"
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 02:39:44 PM »
I second the independent teen type feature. 

Also toddler skills....and while I'm being demanding, not just the 'add' feature (which nixes the ability to fulfill a want), but if posible to fill up their skill bar almost to 100%, so a short bit of teaching time, pushes them over the edge.

Enthusiasm points: would love to be able to add a few here different ones and there.  I hate that existing sims and CAS adults have none.

Group relationship feature.  Friend/best friend etc.  Would love to be able to do that with 'everyone' or 'visitors'  etc.  It's such a chore having to do each person one at a time.  Also, is there a way to make it immediate so that they get a want fulfilled without having to interact with the simmie?

I'll be back!  I'm sure I'll think of more unreasonable demands. 
"If..."a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, misunderstandings, quite a bit of silliness & a bit of rock & roll."

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 03:11:57 PM »
I think I'd like an option to create a puppy or kitten from any pets in the hood, in order to satisfy a *Get a Puppy* or *Get a Kitten* want when none are available from the adoption pool.  ie, the sim with the want clicks the blender and gets the option to create a puppy/kitten, and then *choose parents*, and the said puppy/kitten would then be delivered in the normal way by the animal pound cop.  (Oh, and the family would, of course, be charged for the service....)
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline pren36p

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 03:18:48 PM »
This may be on there already... But, is there something to fix the firstborn effect so we don't have to reroll the die at CAS or stay with the same family forever once they start a family -or get a bunch of clones.

Offline Figwit

• Pineapple Princess
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 04:10:54 PM »
I just thought of another one. Adding a personality point or two - I hate it when my kids are born lazy/sloppy.

Offline Cabelle

• Toddling Tot
  • Shall we play?
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 07:50:07 PM »
I just thought of another one. Adding a personality point or two - I hate it when my kids are born lazy/sloppy.

I'd like that too. With some sims I have I like their personalities except for one or two traits. I could turn on the testing cheats to fix that but you know me, I'm lazy.  :blush:

Offline ilikefishfood

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 04:28:14 AM »

I'd like that too. With some sims I have I like their personalities except for one or two traits. I could turn on the testing cheats to fix that but you know me, I'm lazy.  :blush:

I confess that I'm stil using Merola's painting to tweak personality and skill points, and so far by game hasn't imploded...but if this feature can be added to the blender too, that'd be awesome.

Oh, and what about a get healthy again (or get sick I suppose) feature?  I don't mind my simmies getting sick, but sometimes it happens at a really inconvenient time and I need to sort them out quickly.
"If..."a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, misunderstandings, quite a bit of silliness & a bit of rock & roll."

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 09:45:36 AM »
I use Sim Wardrobes disinfectant......
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline ilikefishfood

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 09:59:55 AM »
I use Sim Wardrobes disinfectant......

What does it do?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 10:27:40 AM »
It disinfects your sick sim and everyone else on the lot.  Also runs a check for disease tiles and disinfects them.

Offline MelanieM

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 01:02:45 PM »
Editing family ties and enthusiasm points would be great. And the pet creating thing sounds good too.
I would also like the option to give/set badges (maybe even randomize them for the whole neighboorhood if possible).

Offline Cabelle

• Toddling Tot
  • Shall we play?
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 03:18:40 PM »
I would also like the option to give/set badges (maybe even randomize them for the whole neighboorhood if possible).

That would be lovely too. It is so ridiculous and unrealistic how long it takes now to earn badges.

Offline ilikefishfood

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 03:52:10 PM »
Editing family ties and enthusiasm points would be great. And the pet creating thing sounds good too.

Carrigon has a cheat for the talent badges including the new FT ones http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=2837

And Christianluv did a babypetcreator......it's the cat-on-a-pedastal statue, and appears under misc....misc.  It immediately creates a puppy or kitten, and you get to pick its parents from all the pets in the hood.  The new addtion to the family arrives in a puff complete with relationship points with all members of the household.  You'll find it in the Graveyard (which is back online) http://sims2graveyard.com/download.html
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 04:01:09 PM by ilikefishfood »

Offline ilikefishfood

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 08:01:59 PM »
<ahem> Back to making demands:

A deleter.  Can we get a delete feature?  Delete specific simmies, strays, visitors, puddles, weeds, trash, ashes.......um, *cough* ok....I'll stop now.

Offline Cabelle

• Toddling Tot
  • Shall we play?
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 08:11:22 PM »
Do you mean delete them permanently or just off the lot?  :confused: If you want a specific sim deleted off the lot Inge's teleporter does that quite well. I can't recall at the moment, does the latest version (the cat statue) do that for pets, strays & wolves too? Sometimes when I've forgotten to ban wolves with the VC (happens often with my crappy memory) I have to wait until my sim chases them off. Banning them with the VC doesn't seem to work right away if they happen to be on the lot. Would be great if there was a way to quickly delete the wolves. I can't stand them.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 08:21:26 PM »
Can I do a "don't want?"  I don't want to see the Blender turn into a clone of the InSIMenator.  Otherwise you'll have two "big" modes that eat up all your time and have problems with the next AL of deciding which to fix first.  Keeping Blender simple with very few EP features on it means it's ready as soon as the AL is available.

IMO, if something is available already from a respected modder, and is being supported and updated, it isn't needed in the Blender.

**assuming turtle mode **

Offline Cabelle

• Toddling Tot
  • Shall we play?
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 09:00:59 PM »
Very true, good point Ancienthighway.  :thumb:

I've been notes of the other mods mentioned. Would it be a helpful thing to have a pinned "where you can find the non-TJ mods you might find helpful" thread?

Offline lewisb40

• Domine de Google
  • Talkative Toddler
  • Townie Smiter
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 10:57:54 AM »
For creating puppies and kittens, I too use Christianlov's Pet Creator. Don't want to deal with pregnant pets.  :P

I am not familiar with the Blender or features of Inteen and Insimenator, but I would like a feature of "random hobby enthusiam points", something along the lines of the "random skill point" feature in the College adjuster. I too think it is stupid to have CAS adults and children come to a lot with no skill points or hobby enthusiam.

I heard that Insimenator has a Buy/Build mode enabler for community lots and wondered if that is a good feature for the blender? If it's already there, then forget the above sentence :giggle:.  I would like to know if having that in the game will eventually break the neighborhood? That is one of the reasons I feared Inteen and Insimenator. I do sort of fancy it tho.  :wink:

If you are including teen pregnancy, can it be an enable or disabled choice. I don't want teen pregnancy in my game. Need them to help with their siblings. ;)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 11:01:01 AM by lewisb40 »
Happy! True Blood is back! :yay:

Offline ilikefishfood

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 01:56:08 PM »
Yes, Cabelle, Inge's cat and shrub do allow the deletion of visitors and strays.  Was really more interested in deleting things like puddles, and trash.  When I'm speed-playing (they're some families that I just rush through game play to catch up with others.  I like to keep my households synchronized), so daily chores are a pain.

Ancient, I appreciate your position about duplicating features in other mods, and Blender not becoming a super-mod (well, actually, it already is!), but some people never went back to inSIM, and some have never used inSIM at all.....its all about having options really; not unlike the different versions of teen whoohoo, teleporters, motive adjusters etc.

Of course.....most importantly, TJ asked for a wish list, and who can resist a modder who encourages wishing?  :smile:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 01:58:07 PM by ilikefishfood »

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 02:39:28 PM »
If you are including teen pregnancy, can it be an enable or disabled choice. I don't want teen pregnancy in my game. Need them to help with their siblings. ;)

the "Independent Teen" type feature would be an age you could set them at if you did wish a pregnant teen. It's also handy if you wish to move a teen out so they could live alone (yes there are other ways of doing that) and for other little things (like no school so they could take care of their young siblings).

It also requires a person to re-set them back to a normal teen before they age - I know with InSIM's "Independent Teen"  that they would age to elder instead of adult (because the feature flags them as adult), which then requires re-setting how many days they have left as a teen also, unless you grow them up when you wish like I do.
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline lewisb40

• Domine de Google
  • Talkative Toddler
  • Townie Smiter
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 09:10:49 PM »
Thanks so much for the explanation Sleepycat. It will help to make an informed choice.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 09:32:14 PM »
I had a couple teen to elder birthdays.  Can't say I was too happy with the surprise.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2008, 05:23:08 AM »
You can always use the agesims cheat to age them down to adult.

Offline MelanieM

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2008, 10:23:18 AM »
@ ilikefishfood: Thank you for the links. So, that means the babypetcreator still works fine for FT? "Graveyard" doesn't sound appealing. I got IKEA too, if that's important.
Downloaded the BadgeCheater.

Still, if it is possible to add a randomize option for enthusiasm and badges for at least the sims that aren't playable (townies, NPC), it would be lovely.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 10:26:58 AM by MelanieM »

Offline ilikefishfood

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2008, 12:59:42 PM »
Yes Melanie M, the badgecheater's been updated for FT.

I'm using the pet creator with all EPs and SPs except for Ikea.

Cloudgate

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 05:22:04 PM »
I think it is wonderful TJ is asking us what we want. Also some of us are aware of everything out there.

I like the independant teen idea a lot, right now I am moving them in with Inges cat. But it throws the name of the house off, because the adult I have move in to these different houses, they all have his name.  :lol: Pregnancy or not. I would like it but if I need a baby for a story I usually can find one for them to use for screenshots. I can put a crib in a room and no one seems to notice there is no baby in it.

Anyway Inge also has a sign that keeps pets off your lot that aren't pets that belong there. It doesn't kill them just shooes them off automatically.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2008, 05:31:47 PM »
If you can use SimPE, you can edit the names of the families so they have the name you want.  I do this when I have a second generation family with the same name, ie The Smith Family is the first generation, then The Smith 2 Family is the second, and any others will just follow suit.  (It's the family that has the name, not the lot itself.)

Offline lewisb40

• Domine de Google
  • Talkative Toddler
  • Townie Smiter
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2008, 05:26:50 AM »
Still, if it is possible to add a randomize option for enthusiasm and badges for at least the sims that aren't playable (townies, NPC), it would be lovely.

The townies already have random enthusiasm in certain hobbies, don't they? I would love more random badges for the base game townies. Most of mine don't have any. I think none don't have OFB badges. I may be confused, cause I just started playing the business side of that EP.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2008, 08:22:19 AM »
Any sims in the game before OFB wouldn't have badges, just as apart from the RBH scenario, they won't have any fishing or farming badges either.  Gives them something to aim for, though - but I would like it if visiting sims who fish in your pond earned points towards their fishing badge - after all, they do get to keep the fish! - so if you know how many fish they need to catch to get their bronze badge, it would be nice to be able to give them a badge when they achieve it.

Offline Figwit

• Pineapple Princess
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2008, 08:15:21 PM »
ZZ, Pescado's comm-skilling can give visiting sims points towards their badges.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2008, 09:27:17 PM »
Only on a comm lot!

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2008, 10:10:57 PM »
Is a dorm considered a com lot in this case?
Pleasant Valley

lordmask

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2008, 01:46:02 AM »
How about having it so we can max all/certain interests. Please  :thumb: . No more reading magazines  :cheese:

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2008, 02:42:59 AM »
You know that with Freetime, if you do that they will not stay maxxed? Freetime fixed the bug that has been in the game since the beginning that allowed you to have more interests than originally intended.
Pleasant Valley

aukestrel

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2008, 04:21:04 AM »
Very true, good point Ancienthighway.  :thumb:

I've been notes of the other mods mentioned. Would it be a helpful thing to have a pinned "where you can find the non-TJ mods you might find helpful" thread?

That would be helpful: where to find and if people are still using them successfully. I have been afraid to use Merola's painting since FT. I am still successfully using christianlov's Baby Pet Creator and I have all EPs. Only one SP, though (it was a present *g*).

aukestrel

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2008, 04:22:34 AM »
Is a dorm considered a com lot in this case?

I think it is because when I play a dorm I'll get popups noting that so-and-so (a dormie, not mine) just gained a Body point in the pool or what have you.

Offline yetyak

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2008, 09:48:33 AM »
Merola's painting still works fine for me, and I have all EPs and SPs. 

Offline ilikefishfood

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2008, 10:18:30 AM »
Merola's painting still works fine for me, and I have all EPs and SPs. 

Yeah, me too.  The thing to avoid is using it to change aspirations.  Very bad.  Everything else is fine.  Apparently, it's also a bad thing to max all interests.  If you add interest points in one area, substract the equivalent number of points from another.  But I have the painting (and its offshoots) on all my lots.

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2008, 08:54:07 AM »
I haven't seen two things on the Sim Blender list here and in the other thread where the actual Sim Blender is available for download.

School Options:

Set to Private, Public or None - child/lot
Set Grade to A+, A, A- and so on - child/lot *Maybe Lot is not needed*
Set Private School Bill (or Fee) per child/lot *If this is a feasible idea*

** Set School Fee by adjusting using the Buy Groceries window (like the Adjust Pregancy Odds/Risky Pregancy Odds on ACR) along with an option to set a flat fee if preferred

Cure/Make:

Vampire
Plantsim
Lycan (Werewolf)
Zombie
Smart/Stupid

Cure Vampire would be greatly appreciated if it works on community lots. I know some people will say get FFS Lot Debugger, but some other people probably don't use half of Pescado's mods in their folders.  :smile:

Just a couple of ideas. If they were already mentioned, then add them to those people's wants for the Sim Blender.
"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Come play Aetolia with us!

Offline Kivak

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2008, 09:09:47 AM »
Quote Chaavik in part
School Options:

Set to Private, Public or None - child/lot (Inge has done this one.)

In fact added two other schools, boarding and prep the latter has no homework.

Just trying to keep Two Jeffs from having to put too much stuff in this. I would hate to see this become too huge.

I am willing to even withdraw my pet request, but I would like it.
Kivak & Wolfie's Cove
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/forum/70-kivak-and-wolfies-cove/
Sims 2 stories and houses, some clothes & Sims

Offline ilikefishfood

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2008, 10:43:12 AM »
You'll find the private/public school option on TJ's College Adjuster.  Guess it's more of an 'education' thingie now.  (It also let's you add personal electronics: cell, MP3 player and handheld game.)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2008, 10:46:17 AM »
Ah, the personal electronics that if you don't watch your sim every minute of the game, they start using them...

(I know, there's mods out there to stop them)

anything
anything