Poll

If this major update were only compatible with FT or higher would this be an issue?

Yes
6 (10.2%)
No
53 (89.8%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: October 22, 2008, 08:54:02 AM

Author Topic: ACR Version 2.0 Feature Requests  (Read 36944 times)

Offline TwistedSister

• The Cat Summoner
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • The Lazy Writer
Re: ACR Version 1.2 Feature Requests
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2008, 04:46:55 PM »
Two, I think.
"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2008, 05:26:53 PM »
Just wondered whether it was the pregnancy or the babies that were counted......
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Inge Jones

• Talkative Toddler
    • simlogical
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2008, 12:54:32 AM »
Sleepycat, I thought it depended on the children still being at home and being children or something rather than how many they had for all time.
http://www.simlogical.com
Please do not PM me with questions about modding.  Please post in an appropriate forum and send me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.

Offline lewisb40

• Domine de Google
  • Talkative Toddler
  • Townie Smiter
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2008, 05:18:37 AM »
That's why I love ACR. I let them decided how many kids they will have and some of my smallest families are Family/Knowledge, Knowledge/Knowledge, Family/Popularity, Pleasure/Romance. They average about 2 kids per family. Yeah, that is what I wanted.

Family/Family are having 4 at the most and it is lovely. With FT the family sims hardly have the want "have a baby". Woohoo, if I could mesh, I would make a statue dedicated to Twojeffs! (I can't draw either) :giggle:
Happy! True Blood is back! :yay:

Offline Simmerqueen

• Her Royal Hind-Ass
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2008, 08:09:48 AM »
Any idea how (or if) LotfullofSims affects this equation?  I thought since it removes the check for how many Sims on a lot, it might also remove the check for how many kids a Sim couple had at home.   :confused:
"Life is too short to waste on stupid people."

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2008, 08:14:28 AM »
I can't see how it would affect the checks made by ACR - although load order may matter.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline SmilingSweetly

• S.P.O.R.K.
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Have spork, will travel.
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2008, 08:15:27 AM »
Any idea how (or if) LotfullofSims affects this equation?  I thought since it removes the check for how many Sims on a lot, it might also remove the check for how many kids a Sim couple had at home.   :confused: 

oof! From my experience it has allowed my Sims to breed like crazy. One of my households has 9 children in it and another has 10. :omg:

Those two seem to be the exception in my megahood. I do have a couple more that probably have more than 5 but less than 10 (in other words I'm not really sure but I know it's alot); however, the majority of my homes have anywhere from 2 to 4 children.
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2008, 11:23:03 AM »
The new location of my choice would be the tent. Sauna and hammock could be interesting if they were treated as sofas, but I assume that is not possible.

I also like Trif's idea about the interactions in the hot tub, because I always get graphic glitches and also don't like that they move away from each other inbetween.
A birth control setting for male and female sims is another of my favourite ideas. Very useful for those who rather have a child by their lover than the husband.

Offline pren36p

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2008, 04:28:14 PM »
The sauna and hammock woohoos are pretty lame I think.  In the sauna they don't move at all and the hammock is just spinning.  The tent is cute but I never send anyone on vacation anymore.  Is there a way to make vacations fun for the sims?  Mine never seem very happy while on one.

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2008, 04:45:23 PM »
Vacations got more fun for me when I stopped feeling pressured to do everything. Now I play it so those that can afford it buy a house, go stay there for a week, doing fun things on the lot, maybe go out for a tour or two, come home and sell the cabin... The whole meet, greet vacation thing got old once I saw everything. It is a great way to get the kids extra time to gain their gardening or fishing badges before aging to teen though.
Maybe those who wander do get lost...
Pleasant Valley

Offline floopyboo

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2008, 04:21:59 AM »
Can I suggest that autonomous breakup be added to the go steady/get engaged/get hitched list?

Also putting in my vote for autonomous car woohoo.

Thanks for the ACR, TJ, it's bloody awesome.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2008, 05:17:47 AM »
Maybe it would be an option more suited to Inge's Break Up Anytime?  Since the coding is already there, an option to allow autonomous break up if the relationship falls below a certain level would probably not be too difficult for Inge to add, if you asked her nicely .......

Offline Inge Jones

• Talkative Toddler
    • simlogical
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2008, 06:22:40 AM »
In this instance I think it would be better added to ACR options.  My hack is for the EAxis break-up, which my typical users would not want autonomous.   Autonomous breakup is a thing that ACR users are more likely to want, and can be added on the ACR menu as an option seperate to the EAxis original, therefore not affecting the original.
Please do not PM me with questions about modding.  Please post in an appropriate forum and send me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2008, 06:56:27 AM »
I see, I just thought it might be an option, but maybe some of your coding could be shared with TJ so that adults going steady, for example (like happened to mine) could break up autonomously, which the Maxis coding doesn't allow for, since it doesn't allow for adults going steady in the first place.

Offline Inge Jones

• Talkative Toddler
    • simlogical
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2008, 07:14:22 AM »
Absolutely, he can use anything of mine he has a use for!   Obviously my breakup hack can't offer options, because it doesn't have any configuration facilities like the adjuster.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2008, 08:37:41 AM »
Well, it would be a nice addition to the adjuster, as long as it was an option and not a constant.  I'd hate to see all my sim kids sobbing their little pixellated hearts out because mummy and daddy broke up because the local lecher made a pass at mummy (or daddy)!

samborskij

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2008, 09:29:54 AM »
I've got a weird one. Can there be both a memory and negative side effects associated with the take morning after pill option? I have a Sim that I don't want to have kids yet that keeps ACRing herself into trouble.... and she is on about her 4th pregnancy termination. I'd really like it if it were in her memories....and maybe she would get tired and have lowered hygiene/bladder afterward?

Offline edespino

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2008, 06:33:12 PM »
i got other silly suggestion, in other hack ( christianlov ) you can choose the model of the object of list of numbers like 1 to 13 by example, actually in ACR controller i must rotate the model you seek.

thank you.

Offline aino

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2008, 01:31:01 AM »
It would be nice to have also "do not touch this sim" -option.

I often have hard time to keep my friendships platonic.

Offline Inge Jones

• Talkative Toddler
    • simlogical
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2008, 02:33:44 AM »
It would be nice to have also "do not touch this sim" -option.

I often have hard time to keep my friendships platonic.

That gives me a good idea for a new hack.  As well as marriage/engagement/go steady there could be another flag - can't think what you would call it - but for two sims to reach an understanding that they are *like* brother and sister, and won't take the relationship over into a romantic one.  In fact I have an idea that data field exists already, and is "on" when two sims are actually related.   One could use simpe to make them brother/sister but that would show in their family tree then and would not be true.

So if the "related" flag could be toggled on without the actual type of relationship being checked (or use a different flag if one is spare) then that should do the trick.

Alternatively sims who have the BFF flag between them would remain platonic, and if you wanted to give them a chance to have anything develop romantically you'd have to take the BFF off them.

Offline kacidama

• BFBVFS
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2008, 04:26:34 AM »
That sounds like an excellent idea Inge as long as it didn't keep turning into *When Harry Met Sally* (I hate Meg Ryan)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2008, 06:50:55 AM »
Cousins don't show in the family tree unless the parents of both are there too, but the downside is they still sometimes get the little blue icon in their thumbnail.

Offline aino

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2008, 12:34:29 AM »
It sounds really nice, Inge. I think that platonic BBFs would fit nicely in my game, but I like to set my sims BBFs manually anyways.

Not so long time ago, I moved in two cousins from my previous neighborhood. I was too lazy to figure out how I should make them related (and I didn't want to move any extra dead relatives). Despite my efforts they were always cuddling and kissing if I didn't watch them for two seconds.  :yikes:
Funny, how fast they got married with coincidental sims.

Denimjo

« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2008, 06:57:35 PM »
I would like to register my vote for the possibility of sterilizing sims as well as the 'pregnancy scanner without revealing the father' options. Sometimes I like to be surprised. :)

Offline caprisim

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2008, 07:30:36 PM »
I too love the idea of a "do not touch this sim" option. Sometimes it would be great if they were friends only, like many of us are in real life. Has anyone around here seen the movie "Just Friends" with Ryan Reynolds? Yes, its cheesy, but hilarious, and this situation reminds me of that movie when they talk about being put in the 'Friend Zone'.   It would be great if we could put a particular sim in the 'Friend Zone'! :biglaugh:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 07:35:18 PM by caprisim »

Offline TwistedSister

• The Cat Summoner
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • The Lazy Writer
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2008, 07:51:27 PM »
 :thumb: A 'Just-Friends' status would be awesome! It might cut down on the random cheating ACR sometimes causes...

Offline caprisim

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2008, 09:37:19 PM »
I'm not even sure if this is something caused by ACR or if it can be controlled by it either, but I'm wondering about when you direct a sim to tell someone goodbye, what determines whether they will shake their hand, hug or kiss them goodbye?  :hmm:
The reason I'm wondering is I was playing a sim last night who I'm trying to find a mate for, so using the crystal ball I was summoning each sim to the lot and just had him chat with them and then did a "check sim out" to see who he liked the best. And then each time I directed him to "say goodbye" they would kiss. I also had it happen to a sim who brought a friend home from work and he kissed her goodbye in front of his wife and kids, so that was odd :yikes:.
But if this is something that could be controlled by ACR, it would be nice if sims who had never kissed before would only shake or hug goodbye--especially in front of others who might object. :thumb:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »
It can be controlled if it's an ACR interraction, by setting all the acceptance levels on a lot at maximum.  Then, if it won't be accepted, they won't normally try doing it......  But I think you also need to install Pescado's noinstantloves to prevent the non-ACR romantic interractions.

Offline caprisim

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2008, 05:46:30 PM »
Thanks for the reply Zephyr, I think I wasn't very clear what I was talking about  :blush:, that's what I get for over-thinking what I'm writing.
I was talking about when you direct a sim to "say goodbye" to another sim, so they will leave the lot. So its definitely not an ACR interaction, but I was wondering if it was because of ACR that my sim kissed the sim he'd just met goodbye instead of shaking her hand. They had only chatted and then I had him check her out to see how much chemistry had with her before saying goodbye, so they weren't even friends yet. But maybe that's just a Maxis thing? Its really quite minor, it just wasn't what I was expecting them to do. :cheese:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2008, 05:58:46 PM »
If they are Romance or Pleasure, then it's possible, although they would have to have the right chemistry, I think, or it would be rejected.... I mean, they'll woohoo with a virtual stranger, but let them try a kiss or a cuddle and it's one big rejection! 

Offline Simmerqueen

• Her Royal Hind-Ass
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2008, 08:04:57 AM »
Exactly - how ridiculous is that?!  :rant:  I literally had a UNI couple just get up from woohooing in bed and he tried to kiss her and she slapped him off!  :rolleyes:

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2008, 08:20:59 AM »
I've known some people in RL who are the same way.

Offline pren36p

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2008, 09:36:43 AM »
Yes they will make out but only in the bed or hottub.

Offline angelsfall

• Babbling Baby
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2008, 09:15:54 PM »
I don't know if it's possible or not, but I'd love to see the memories for the flirt interactions as "cheating" be supressed.  It drives me nuts when a sim flirts and has a memory of having an affair.
"I'd rather be all me on the edge then a drone of the 21st century."

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2008, 09:27:57 PM »
Crazy, isn't it!  Mind you, what the game considers flirting, and what would have been considered flirting in the days when people still did flirt (I don't think they do it much nowadays, it's meet someone while you're out for a drink, "Your place or mine?" and that's about it!") are not quite the same thing ..... I think when I was young we would probably have described most of the flirt interractions as *coming on strong*!

Offline angelsfall

• Babbling Baby
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2008, 11:22:07 PM »
Ayup.  And apparently, slow-dancing with someone is an affair too.  My sims are whores, those slow-dancing, suggestively flirting little tramps.  *hangs head in shame*

Of course, I also think "tickle" should be under "foreplay" rather than "play".

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2008, 02:04:10 AM »
Maybe it should depend on where you tickle?  But seriously, how often do adults tickle each other unless there is a sexual element in the action?  I rather think if a colleague came up behind you while you were bending over the photocopier and tickled you, or pinched your behind, you'd be more likely to throw hot coffee over him/her than giggle!

Offline Simmerqueen

• Her Royal Hind-Ass
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2008, 07:37:44 AM »
Amen to that!  Tickling (unless it's very minor and a child is involved) always involves some sort of sexual tension, I would think.  Actually, tickling is a bit of an aggressive action IMO, although it has a reputation as "playful" there's something about it I have never liked.   :dry:

Offline angelsfall

• Babbling Baby
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2008, 07:44:25 AM »
I have always hated being tickled.. and poked.  And the more you hate those two things, the more people insist on doing it.  Aggressive?  Yeah.  I'd say so.  But, I seriously think tickling is a much more threatening (to a relationship) activity than slow dancing.  At least with the latter, when the song is over there's a cooling off period.  Tickling always seems to go straight from the actual tickle to sex without speedbumps.

Offline TwistedSister

• The Cat Summoner
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • The Lazy Writer
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2008, 07:54:37 AM »
 :wink: Back to the main topic...

Could there be a jealousy check for sofa woohoo? In one case, I had Cassandra walk in on Don and Nina getting busy on the couch, and she didn't seem to care...neither did their teenage daughter. Seems kind of unrealistic, IMO.

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2008, 07:56:44 AM »
Might have been where they were at in the process. I know with normal maxis interactions, if the other walks in while they are going on, jealousy will not trigger. However, start over from the beginning...
Pleasant Valley

Offline TwistedSister

• The Cat Summoner
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • The Lazy Writer
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2008, 07:59:06 AM »
But regular bed woohoo triggers jealousy no matter at what stage it's at, doesn't it?

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2008, 08:00:10 AM »
True but remember sofa woohoo began life as a makeout.
Pleasant Valley

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2008, 09:02:48 AM »
I've always found that without any romance related mods, and probably without notelepathy, the one thing that will always trigger a fistfight is *Leap into Arms*! 

Miex

« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2008, 09:12:42 AM »
This is totally my favorite hack/mod.  :thumb:

I would really like my romance sims to be able to have more options for a bootycall.
Perhaps anyone that a sim is in love with?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2008, 09:16:08 AM »
Set them to dynamic, you'll soon see them change partners and tango!

Offline Figwit

• Pineapple Princess
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2008, 05:17:55 AM »
TJ there's a new cuddle animation in AL where the couple lies down on the ground. I posted a not so good photo in the Apartment Life thread. Please, can you do something with this animation in ACR? It would be fantastic if a couple could turn the cuddle into a woohoo on the grass.  :P

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2008, 06:33:54 AM »
Maybe even a Public Woohoo on the grass! :lol:

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2008, 09:00:58 AM »
You mean like....Splender in the Grass? :P

Offline pren36p

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2008, 09:25:42 AM »
I am a horrible person but I am playing around with AL with all my CC.  The ACR works except all the casual kiss options (while standing) do not and cause a reset.  Under flirt, caress, charm and suggestive are the only ones working.  When in the bed (even the new one) and hottub all ACR works just fine.  I have not seen any other problems in the game except my sims seem to get new portraits more often.  I know my game will probably explode but I am through with this neighborhood and just wanted to try things out.  I have all EPs except Pets.

anything