Author Topic: Needs Testing - NPC/Townie Aging (corrected)  (Read 7759 times)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
Needs Testing - NPC/Townie Aging (corrected)
« on: August 22, 2013, 08:55:02 AM »
All non-player characters, townies, downtownies, social classes and service NPCs, will age at 6pm on community and livable lots in neighborhoods that are not University or Vacation.  This should age non-playable pets also.

Bug fixed that prevented aging on community lots and under certain circumstances aged only social class socialites.

Offline total_immortal

• Mushloving Mophead
Re: Needs Testing - NPC/Townie Aging (corrected)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 08:11:43 AM »
it works, I tested it and all townies and stuff aged as they should.  I haven't found anything wrong at the moment, so hopefully all is well!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 09:02:37 AM »
Aren't you lucky that AH decided not to *go down with the sun*!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
    • LilSister's Sims Family Affair
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 05:34:11 PM »
 I didn't have a problem with the previous version  created 4/10/10 (which was a tweaked version of the original created 3/16/10).  Perhaps this is because I play with custom hoods void of maxi townies or social groups. Just wondering if I should switch? Then again, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" I believe I just answered my own question. :P

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 07:25:52 PM »
I wasn't aware of the problem either because my sims never dally on community lots.  They do run a lot of businesses, though, but aging was working there. 

If you have no townies, social groupies, or service NPCs, or ignore the token ones Maxis insists on our games having, you don't even need this mod.  If you play with any of the "no regen" mods, then you probably don't need this mod either or you will find the limited numbers of NPCs you do play with will evaporate.

But, if you have this mod and allow the game to regenerate townies as needed, which you can do and still limit service and vacation NPCs, I'd say update.  You never know when you might change your play style.

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 08:15:12 AM »
I do have townies - I made them myself in CAS and service NPC. I use the mod because it allows them to age daily along with my playables. My sims spend a lot of time on community lots for business and pleasure. My Service NPC's are aging appropriately also - and  I do have the no regen in game too. I do agree it wouldn't hurt to update  :smile:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 08:30:21 AM »
The game will always be allowed by noregen to replace one service sim in each job.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 09:03:53 AM »
Quick question - is this mod supposed to conflict with NoAgeYA Mod?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 11:30:18 AM »
I don't know about AH's intentions here, but I'd say a conflict is unavoidable, seeing as how both mods are BOUND to alter the same BHAV

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 12:07:10 PM »
Well, I didn't intend for the two mods to conflict, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do.  The real question is do they interfere with each other in game.  If your townies age and your YA residing in the main hood don't age, all is good.  Change the load order if it isn't right and see if that makes it right.  If you only get one or the other, then it is a true conflict. 

If it truly is a conflict, I have no intention of fixing it.  I've got a problem with a university being run in any neighborhood except for the Uni hoods.  Time runs differently for YA for whatever stupid reason EA/Maxis had while developing it.  Uni time and Sim time don't work together in the same neighborhood.  Slowing down aging for a YA in a non-Uni hood means everyone else ages so much faster and before a YA finishes college, her younger sibling could be an elder.  Leaving YA age normally means it takes 24 years to graduate, about the time they should become an elder except their life has been extended by an additional 24 years.  I honestly wish I never made the No YA Aging, but it's too late for that decision to be reversed.

So if you have a conflict and you must keep No YA Aging, manually pause your game at 6pm everyday and force aging using your favorite aging mod.  Or make use of the EA/Maxis age townie feature.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 12:08:52 PM by AncientHighway »

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 07:30:24 PM »
Both mods work as they should in my game - don't have a problem.  I've been using both for about 2 years.  I just noticed the conflict when I ran the HCDU. Thanks BO and AH.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 11:45:11 PM »
 :thumb:

That would imply that it's actually a non-conflict: the resource that was reported in HCDU as conflicting, would be identical in both mods, or the one that is currently loading last, at least includes all that the other does.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline jonbuddy

• Highchair Hipster
  • A young Sims 1 veteran
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 03:00:20 PM »
Stupid question - what happens when service sims die? Are newly-generated ones put in their place?

I always find that I lose female maids because I put a number of them in my families, and all I'm left with are exceptionally-ugly male ones.
Sims 1 was best for construction. Sims 2 was best for Simming and modding. Sims 3 was best for nothing.

Sims 4? Hell if I know.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 03:17:41 PM »
When service sims die, they're indeed replaced. But ONLY once one is needed that is not presently available!

For example: imagine that none of your families use maids. Once all the maids in that hood have died, the hood will happily continue to run without any maids. Only as soon as a maid is needed, the game will generate one to fill the gap. This procedure works for all service sims.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 04:10:50 PM »
Also, if you use Pescado's antiredundancy you should only get one of each type, rather than three (or more!)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 06:30:15 PM »
As aging takes place at 6 pm, and only on the active lot, chances are few service NPCs will be affected.  Nannies, butlers, and maybe gardeners could age on the residential lot.  Cashiers, baristas, and the rest of the community lot NPCs could age if visiting a lot with them.

But as stated already, replacements are generated when needed.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 05:02:42 AM »
Zip and delete plus antiredundancy prevents most of these problems!

anything