Author Topic: ACR, different aging and pregnancy  (Read 14697 times)

Offline aino

• Babbling Baby
ACR, different aging and pregnancy
« on: July 20, 2008, 04:30:42 AM »
I tweaked TJ's age duration hack a bit so that it suited better for my own needs. My aging is now close to perfect, but I think I tumbled into another (bigger) problem:
I like my Sims to try for baby when they feel ready for it... (although I sometimes "persuade" them a bit with ACR) and I think that ACR counts their pregnancy odds by the age. My Sims are still going strong when they are +50 and their chances to try for baby have been in zero. I know that I can always increase risky pregnancy odds, but that doesn't feel the same.

So is there some relatively simple way to fix this problem?

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
Re: ACR, different aging and pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 08:35:39 AM »
You'd have to edit the constants (BCON) in Simpe to extend the fertility drop-off. Instructions for what to change are in the BCONs document.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline aino

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 09:15:12 AM »
If I understand correctly, there are lines only up to 50. How can I modify probabilities for ages beyond that? 

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 09:41:38 AM »
I didn't think about that. That part is hard-coded and would require also editing the code to support additional rows in the constants. I've added this to the request list to add in a future version.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 11:55:45 AM »
I think that's one reason why, at present, I stick to extending my sims' adult lifespan with Elixir, since it does actually make them younger, and the pregnancy options work even though I know they are getting a bit long in the tooth.....
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline aino

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 10:59:24 PM »
Thank you, TJ.

I think that's one reason why, at present, I stick to extending my sims' adult lifespan with Elixir, since it does actually make them younger, and the pregnancy options work even though I know they are getting a bit long in the tooth.....

I have never used elixir. I don't often have gold or platinum aspiration and it feels too much like cheating for me. I think that I'll just give some value for +50 and test it until I'm happy...

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 02:05:54 AM »
I limit the amount of elixir - two flasks for adult, one for elder, and store them in their inventories when they are empty so I know how many they've had.  Of course, if a sim just keeps throwing useless wants and never gets gold, they might find themselves aging much faster than their contemporaries...... Maybe it's cheating, but in some ways it's more realistic, since the kind of person you are, and how you feel, does affect how quickly you *grow old*.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline jsalemi

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 06:20:04 AM »
I don't know -- since the Elixir comes with the game, it seems less like cheating to me than using the blender or insim to change their age...

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 08:32:10 AM »
It's only cheating if you are out to win the game!  X)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 08:40:05 AM »
**flipping through the Prima Guides for "How to win the game"**

Offline aino

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 10:01:19 AM »
Of course, if a sim just keeps throwing useless wants and never gets gold, they might find themselves aging much faster than their contemporaries...... Maybe it's cheating, but in some ways it's more realistic, since the kind of person you are, and how you feel, does affect how quickly you *grow old*.

I kind of like this idea. It does add a nice touch of realism. But I'm too lazy to count flasks... And, especially after FT, my sims get ONLY stupid and useless wants.  :rolleyes:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 11:31:01 AM »
As I said, I don't count them - I stick the empties in their inventory, which counts them for me!

Offline pren36p

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 03:24:17 PM »
They do get a lot of low point hobby wants but if you just let them fill the wants they often roll to something better/more interesting/higher point value.  Some are really easy like "dance with someone", "serve food", "play piano" - mine never stop playing the piano and dancing anyways and someone in the house is usually hungry.

Offline hedgekat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 09:19:53 PM »

You can win?  What's the prize?

I usually give mine elixir also.  I like my game to be as realistic as possible and it doesn't seem very realistic to have adulthood only last 29 days/years.  Old and decrepit at 54?  Not me.  65 or 70 maybe.  And I like my sims to live to see their grandchildren grow up, maybe even their great grandchildren.  Just like a lot of real people I know.

It's very realistic for some people to get old earlier than others.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 04:11:18 AM »
Yes, if your aspiration level stays low and you can't take your elixir, you grow old quicker - and sometimes, of course, you are too slow getting to the elixir and you're out of the *zone* and you grow older instead of younger...... Pleasure Sims, watch out, or that dissipated lifestyle will age you fast!

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 09:45:07 AM »

You can win?  What's the prize?

I usually give mine elixir also.  I like my game to be as realistic as possible and it doesn't seem very realistic to have adulthood only last 29 days/years.  Old and decrepit at 54?  Not me.  65 or 70 maybe.  And I like my sims to live to see their grandchildren grow up, maybe even their great grandchildren.  Just like a lot of real people I know.

That's what I love about this game - you don't win, or lose - unless you set goals then you can win/lose.  I play it like a story.  There's no winning or losing - just how is the story going. *Has so & so been tortured enough? Will the beautious Cassandra fill her goal of having 10 children? blah, blah, blah...* It's almost my own novel/soap opera/tv show, etc.  How twisted up can I get them, and will they have a happy ending?  It can be as dark or light as I want depending on how the day/week is going at school.  *lot's of darkness usually by May/getting lighter and lighter by the end of July* 

I usually don't let them die - unless they're 1) fugly as sin, 2) have fugly children, 3) they have genetic problems that crash my game, or 4) I get really tired of them.  I have Inge's patch that makes it where I have to age them up.

Offline jsalemi

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »

You should try out TJs' age adjuster hack -- it lengthens the adult lifespan to somewhere in the mid-high 30-day period (can't remember off the top of my head the exact amount), and adjusts the elder period longer or shorter depending on their aspiration when they age to elder.  Don't want them to live long as elders? Make sure they're green (or lower) at age-up.

I just use the elixir to fine-tune beyond that, say if a playable married a townie who doesn't get the benefit of the age adjuster and I want them closer in age.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 10:51:59 AM »
I could try it out, but there is no reason at all why I should. :dry:

Offline hedgekat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 12:00:40 PM »
I've read TJs readme for that hack and decided it wasn't for me.  I don't want my elders to have a shorter lifespan. I like for them to be around to see multiple generations of their descendants. Or not, depending on the particular sim or storyline.  I have sims that I became so attached to that I couldn't bear to see them die, so when they became so 'old' that it was no longer realistic to have them in the story I moved them back into the simbin.

[/quote]
  I play it like a story.  There's no winning or losing - just how is the story going. It's almost my own novel/soap opera/tv show, etc.  How twisted up can I get them, and will they have a happy ending?  It can be as dark or light as I want
[/quote]

I am more concerned with the story angle also, and each of my neighborhoods has a completely different storyline, but with all the families interwoven.  Some are very realistic, some are strange, some are kinky.  I have even used the stories as a basis for writing novels. Well, attempting to write, anyway.  I haven't actually finished any of them.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 12:55:59 PM »
You could add a shopping district or a downtown which has old folks' homes and stick all your very old sims there......

Offline hedgekat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 01:52:18 PM »
That's true and I considered that.  But then they would be appearing as walkbys and since in story terms they are actually dead I didn't want them showing up at their descendents front door. But I didn't want to have to watch them die nor have tombstones and ghosts to deal with. And in the simbin I always have the option of using them again, far enough down the line that they are no longer recognized as relatives. Not that I plan on trying that. I did use simsurgery to make bodyshop models of most of them which I would probably use instead.  If I collect enough of them I might even use them for a new set of facial templates.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 03:52:55 PM »
If you have Pescado's localwalkby, it shouldn't be a problem that they would visit, and you could make sure they don't have phones, including cell-phones, which can be safely removed with the college adjuster.  Also, once in the houses, you could package them and install them in an empty hood, clean up their memories, skill points etc. in SimPE, and then use the Age Sims Cheat to make them adults again.  Then you could play any of them again if you wanted, in any hood you choose, by packaging them up again.

Offline aino

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 11:43:24 PM »
I am more concerned with the story angle also, and each of my neighborhoods has a completely different storyline, but with all the families interwoven.  Some are very realistic, some are strange, some are kinky.  I have even used the stories as a basis for writing novels. Well, attempting to write, anyway.  I haven't actually finished any of them.

So you have one big neighborhood storyline in which every family plays its own role? In my game I get ideas and sometimes little hints from my sims and little by little my sims get their own little storylines...

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 05:15:59 AM »
I suppose it depends on whether you are into novellas or sagas......

Offline hedgekat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 11:32:57 AM »
So you have one big neighborhood storyline in which every family plays its own role? In my game I get ideas and sometimes little hints from my sims and little by little my sims get their own little storylines...

Yeah, some of them are more like soap operas.  My longest running one began in 1870 with eight families, modeled on one of those religious cults that were common at that time and has progressed to WW2.  The families have never intermarried with townies and have now spread into two subhoods.

Another hood is a small town in 'Arizona' and has an army base and a problem with alien abductions along with an influx of immigrants from several different countries. 

MaryZg

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 06:19:31 AM »
Aino, I'm desperate to learn if you had any luck with your attempt to modify TJ's BCONs. I play, it seems, much like you do, and, having already adjusted almost everything else that needs adjusting for my playstyle (like slowing skill gain times and aging), this was my next asignment. But, then I saw the limiting "50", and being a moding noob that I am, I gave it up.
Did you succeed? Thanks in advance.
I'm so used to this wonderful mod (one of most precious additions in my downloads folder!) and not having to think about their reproduction is the best part of it, that I feel I couldn't stand returning to the old ways of making new simmies by plan.
Also, changing risky odds didn't work for me. They still have 0% chance of risky pregnancy.  Perhaps I'm doing it wrong  :unsure:.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 06:37:11 AM »
Did you enable their individual tokens?  If they aren't married, for instance, it helps if you allow unmarried, if married, always allow.....and maybe check out the overrides too.

MaryZg

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 08:41:37 PM »
Did you enable their individual tokens?  If they aren't married, for instance, it helps if you allow unmarried, if married, always allow.....and maybe check out the overrides too.

Individual tokens  :blush: Why didn't I think of that?! It seems to work, so thank you!
I guess I relied on TJ's settings, they worked great on their own when my sims lived for just 70 or so days...
And now I have 70 or so individual tokens to adjust myself... I swear, this game is only work, work, work!
But, unlike some other work, this work I actually love to do: I have ACR again!
Off to work!

Offline aino

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2008, 12:20:48 AM »
Aino, I'm desperate to learn if you had any luck with your attempt to modify TJ's BCONs. I play, it seems, much like you do, and, having already adjusted almost everything else that needs adjusting for my playstyle (like slowing skill gain times and aging), this was my next asignment. But, then I saw the limiting "50", and being a moding noob that I am, I gave it up.
Did you succeed? Thanks in advance.

I also love autonomous reproducing part. It makes my game so much more exciting. Not to mention that before ACR, my sims didn't get laid much  :P

I haven't found any good solution so far. Modifying risky woohoo values in the game was too much work for me, so I set small value for +50 to try for baby. I like the results so far, although it's a compromise. I find little annoying that middle aged sims want to have children, but on the other hand my younger couples have usually more time to make some money and live their own lives before they rush to get babies.

I would be really interested in hearing more about your playing style. How do your sims age? What other mods do you use?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2008, 02:14:33 AM »
Elders who already have children won't normally get the Have a Baby want, they have the Get a Grandchild want instead, but sometimes CAS elders seem to get the baby want - adoption should, I think, satisfy it.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 10:50:56 AM »
I've found the easiest way to handle aging and ACR pregnancies/fertility is to use Inge Jone's 'age patch' hack and grow sims up when I'm ready for them to age. When I feel a adult sim is 'no longer very fertile' I switch the try for baby override to 'never try'  :smile:

I leave the risky odds at the default 5%.

TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline hedgekat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2008, 05:53:09 PM »
I would be really interested in hearing more about your playing style. How do your sims age? What other mods do you use?

I like to play with one simday equivalent to a human year.  So I usually cut pregnancy to one day with InTeen, grow the baby up with InSim one day after birth,  cut teen days to 7,  less if they go to college,  and use elixir to give adults and elders a realistic lifespan.  The total length of their lives depends in part on what theme the neighborhood has.  In premodern times the average lifespan was a lot shorter than it is now. People got old much younger and didn't last long when they did get old. I consider elixir to be the equivalent of 'modern nutrition and healthcare.'  Most people I know don't really start looking or acting like elders until about 65, and a lot not even then.  So one full bottle of elixir to extend adult age to 65,  using costume makeup to make them look older once they hit middle age.  Then possibly one more bottle of elixir to allow elders to live to see great-grandchildren,  which many people do. 

ACR, Inteen and Insim are my main mods, but I use lots of little fixes from TwoJeffs and Pescado to eliminate a lot of annoyances. Also Inge's teleporter shrub and Morague's mortgage shrubs.

MaryZg

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 02:54:22 AM »
Well, I did try, as proposed, to enable their individual tokens, but settings revert back as soon as I leave the lot. So, my hard work was useless. (Fortunately I noticed this before I changed all their pregg odds!)

Somehow I doubt TJ will ever change ACR to suit my gameplay, not even with possible future SimPe tweaking. My Sims just live too long, and at the end of their lives they are between 300 and 400 days old. I know, I'm nuts, but that's the way I like it.
Any other way, they have practically no time to enjoy life: they just work and raise children, and I belive there's so much more for them to experience, especially with all EPs installed.

I basically turned their one day into one week, pregnancy is 12 days long, and semester in Uni lasts a week. They work very hard just to make their living (there's no easy money in my game!), just like in real life. I happily abuse OFB EP (still my favorite EP!): they all either own a functional business, or work at one owned by another playable Sim. I'm still not sure if I will allow some of my Uni Sims to get one of those high paying Maxis jobs. But they still have to go to college: that's the place where they earn thier badges and study their skills necessary for OFB businesses or farming (they eat only what they can buy on local farms and farm market). Basically, I try to reproduce life's harder side, to make the game more challenging, i.e. more fun.
I still have to manually control badge gaining speeds by InSim thoguh (If anyone is aware of an easy way for slowing badge gain speed, please let me know!), but skill progress is fortunately taken care of by a mod (Sims now really work hard for skill points - not everyone is nerd!).
Children and teens are enroled into Simlogical schools, spiced up with "harder grades". There they study skills and start working on their badges.

And with all this time at their hands they still have no time to waste, and I only have one Sim that has fullfilled her LTW, but she is older, and so it was appropriate. I also control their asp. points and aspiration rewards. They spend 7x asp points for a particular reward. Asp reward objects aren't equally available to all Sims (I have a system, by asp types: for instance family and knowledge Sims can use smart milk, pop Sims use that glasses award, etc. Some rewards, like elixir of life, are available to all, and some to none, like money tree - life is no fairytale, and money doesn't grow on trees!). This way it feels a bit like RPG game: certain charachters have certain benefits, thanks to certain experinece. And it fits great with FT benefits system, too.

This way of playing makes every new birth and every death into a very special event, and gives me the time to create more detailed stories of their lives and mutual relations. It also gives a feeling of community and interconnectedness to my hood, and this is what I wanted: a community. And perhaps I really am nuts, but somehow slower living gives my Sims particular personalities (I like to say: I get to know them better) - they all seemed the same to me before I started playing this way.

Offline Zaleth

• Talkative Toddler
  • Yep this is the real me!
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008, 04:30:45 AM »
MaryZg, what kind of aging mod are you using or do you do the long ages in SimPE?  For the pregnecy to last so long do you also do that in SimsPE?

BTW I like the way you play and its on the track I play with harder jobs and grades and making them work.  I find that I use the function to age them back 3 days often to keep them adult longer. For the first time I went into SimPE and set Mortimer to 12 days left because 6 days is just to fast esp since he found Bella again.
Just when you thought it was safe to open the door you find "Murphy" standing there unscrewing the handle!
My Creations are at:
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/forum/131-zaleths-little-corner-of-the-asylum/

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008, 07:16:33 AM »
MaryZg, I can't understand why your token settings aren't sticking, the only thing I have trouble with is the acceptance levels, and even they stick unless the game gets reset if I pull or update some mod or other.  Do you have the hood set to static or dynamic?  If you set it to dynamic, then that may be why your individual sims are resetting, you need to set all their tokens to static, too.

Offline Zaleth

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 07:37:39 AM »
I like the ACR and this might seem like a really dumb question but what is the difference between static and dynamic in regards to ACR?  I am still trying to figure that one out..So I can set things properly.
Just when you thought it was safe to open the door you find "Murphy" standing there unscrewing the handle!
My Creations are at:
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/forum/131-zaleths-little-corner-of-the-asylum/

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 08:13:28 AM »
Static means that if you set your sim to spouse only and then click the static autonomy button, your sim will reject any advances made by any sim other than a wife or husband or joined partner.  Likewise, if you set *The One* to Dynamic, then your Romance or Pleasure sim will keep finding new sims to booty call!

Offline Zaleth

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 08:25:53 AM »
Thanks ZZ that is a big help.
My Creations are at:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 08:36:41 AM »
It's fun waiting to see who arrives at the portal!  Sometimes it's even more fun when another partner just happens to arrive at the other one!  That's what started all the problems in Sandra Roth's lovelife! :biglaugh:

MaryZg

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2008, 08:41:12 PM »
If you set it to dynamic, then that may be why your individual sims are resetting, you need to set all their tokens to static, too.

Thank you, zephyr! You're most helpfull!

Offline aino

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2008, 11:09:52 PM »
I think that I found a solution. There's a thread in MATY's peasantry about Seasonal aging and the creator of the mod also tweaked ACR to fit his aging thing. Because he had told what he had done, it was relatively to understand what to do. I changed the values to match with my aging and after a quick testing, it SEEMS to work. I'll still have to test it more, but...*dances a little happy dance*  :cheese:

MaryZg

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2008, 12:34:47 AM »
I set tokens to static and it doesn't reset the values, as ZZ said.
Now, what I still don't understand: when I set a value for preg odds under overrides to some number (for instance 36%), base risky odds change too (for instance to 100 out of 10000). So, when two sims now have casual woohoo (they don't "try for baby", just woohoo!), and get pregnant is the override number or risky odds number the determining factor?
In other words: do I again have risky woohoo, or will my sims reproduce like rabbits, spawning offspring as if they were little baby-factories??

And this about MATY made me hopeful. Thanks, Aino! I definitely have to check that out.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2008, 03:43:29 AM »
The base risky odds change for that particular sim, I think, not the whole hood - you can only change things for the whole hood in the overrides section.

MaryZg

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2008, 05:29:32 AM »
I think that I found a solution. There's a thread in MATY's peasantry about Seasonal aging and the creator of the mod also tweaked ACR to fit his aging thing. Because he had told what he had done, it was relatively to understand what to do. I changed the values to match with my aging and after a quick testing, it SEEMS to work. I'll still have to test it more, but...*dances a little happy dance*  :cheese:

Aino, can you tell me what BHAV&BCON must be changed for ACR to work with longer ages? Unfortunately, it wasn't relatively easy to understand.

Offline aino

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2008, 09:32:59 PM »
Well, I said relatively easy...
Try to find "Tokens-Sub-Calculate Pregnancy odds".
I haven't done any more testing yet, so I hope (not know) that it works. PM if you have still problems.

MaryZg

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2008, 11:00:45 PM »
Well, I said relatively easy...
Try to find "Tokens-Sub-Calculate Pregnancy odds".
I haven't done any more testing yet, so I hope (not know) that it works. PM if you have still problems.

Happy to report that after you pointed me to the right BHAV the rest was easy. Thank you!
As far as I can tell, it works!

If anyone else is interested how to do it, here it is:
1. open ACR Main Controller in SimPe (SimPe will make a backup of original file in the folder where you keep it).
2. in Resource Tree choose Behavior Function (BHAV) -> Tokens-Sub-Calculate Pregnancy odds
3. first click "sort" in Plugin View (so that we understand eachother correctly:)

4. 3rd line (with the number 0x2!): click the icon that has hammer&wrench depicted on it (PSJE Instruction Wizard) -> in the Wizard check Decimal (if not checked already) -> enter your own value for minimum fertile age (in my game that is 148) in the box next to "literal"

5. 5th line (0x4) -> in the Wizard (same box!) enter your value for maximum fertile age (mine: 310)

6. 7th line (0x6) -> enter minimum value again (mine: 148)

7. 8th line (0x7) -> here you must enter the value of the multiplier you used to calculate the prolonged ages of your Sims - I used 7: that means that I multiplied the maxis age by 7 (so instead of being child for 8 days my sim will be child for 8x7=56 days*)
In the MATY thread mentioned here, that is "the year" of which they speak. They used 12 and 16 respectively, and connected that number with seasons cycle duration. I didn't do that. I don't care about year cycles.

Commit and save. Enjoy!

* Don't get confused by my numbers. I used Maxis starting age only in calculating "child" age group. Teen age lasts for 7x7 (49) and adult 25x7 (175), while sims are a total of 14+28 days old by the child age. That makes 14+28+56+49=148 as the minimum fertile age, etc. 148/7= ~22 which makes this age duration compatible with ACR calculations of pregg odds.

zombhunt2004

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2008, 01:26:52 PM »
i tried those instructions on how to fix the longer ages and the preg odds.

it works only for sims that allready have an acr token, but for sims i newly create it will never give them a token even if i tell it to give them one it just makes the sim jump and never gives it to them.

i have tried the modded one from maty but its not fixed for freetime so its booty call is broken, i dont understand why when i mod the one from freetime it just borks the give token manual and autonomous.

anything