Author Topic: Adult NPCs and Defaut NPC Clothes  (Read 9956 times)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
Adult NPCs and Defaut NPC Clothes
« on: July 08, 2013, 04:52:08 PM »
Hot off the press!
No more elder NPCs.  Well, there are still a few, like the Witch Doctor and Hermit, and maybe even a few others.
Since the Butler, Professors, and Headmaster had a 50/50 chance of being adult or elder, they have the proper work clothes when called upon.  The repairman, nanny, and other elder only NPCs will be clothed in casual, but I'm working on providing them with suitable work clothes.

Any elder NPC in your game already will remain in the game.  A little creative simming will be needed to make that NPC unavailable (kill him or her, or make the age infant).  If you don't use a no regen mod, you could end the services, then call for another while the first is still on the lot.  Well, that may work even with noregen since you've prompted the creation.

Version 2 will have proper work clothing. 
ADDED:  Actually, Version 2 keeps the same ah_AdultNPCs.package, but uses default clothing replacements.

The Handyman and Nanny replacements use base game clothing, so are suitable for all games.  The handyman uses the elder handyman outfit for adults.  The elder and adult nanny use a tweed jacket and slacks.

The Maid replacement using the Housekeeper outfits from Bon Voyage, so Bon Voyage or later is needed for it (well, I think that a later EP without BV will work.  Feedback needed).  The maid can have any of the four housekeeping outfits, blue stripes, burgundy, gray/black, or green.
defaultNPCOutfits contains all replacements (currently three, but as more are made, they will be added).  My thanks to Atreya for giving me a start on this, which simply expands her/his mod to allow the variety.

Needless to say, if you use antiredundancy you won't see any variety in one sim, although you may get a variety between main neighborhoods.

As an added bonus, the replacement clothes can be used independently of the mod.  Adult and elder uniforms are included in the Handyman and Nanny replacements.
/ADDED

Version 3 will be user configurable (some knowledge of SimPE required).

Still under development, but things are looking very promising.  This mod is prompted by a request from tjaykoh here.  And this is completely out of character for me as I don't do requests, but this one is something I would put in my game.

While her? his? request just concerns butlers, I never cared much for all the elder NPCs, so I'm going to work on all the elder ones.

Butlers, Professors, and Headmasters when created have a 50/50 chance of being elder or adult.  Should I make them all adult, leave it at 50/50, or make it 1 in x chance of an elder?  miros1 has already suggested Headmistresses, so that will be added.

Streaker has been changed to a young adult.

Nanny has been changed to young adult, but I'm considering making 1 in 3 chance of an elder , then if an adult, making 1 in 3 chance of a young adult.  Elder would wear what the nanny wears now, the adult a school teacher outfit or something similar (both work for a nanny service), and the young adult would wear casual.

Repairmen and women would have a 1 in 3 chance of elder.  Adults would wear the entry level outfit for architect, which is the same thing for the repairman.

Thoughts on dorm cooks, restaurant cook and hostess?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:00:13 AM by AncientHighway »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: NPC Adult NPCs
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 05:40:26 PM »
I see Ancient Highway has re-appeared! :thumb:

I'm really looking forward to this mod!

I like the idea of changing the dorm cook - maybe they should be YAs?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 05:42:10 PM by zephyrzodiac »
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 06:14:38 PM »
Nice to see AncientHighway again!

I think you should have a chance for the last three to be either adults or elders...and maybe throw in Teens as a possibility for hosts/hostesses.

Click On Those, Please?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 06:48:43 PM »
My YAs never get a visit from the coach these days, but isn't he an elder, too?  Also, there's the sim who comes to help out with recalcitrant pets who, if I remember correctly, is an adult - now if this is the case, I think there could be a possibility of elder, too as well.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 07:26:30 PM »
I think it would make sense to make it configurable. Some may wish one type of NPC to always be Elder, whereas another might wish to always have them be Adult, whereas yet a third might prefer to leave it to chance. If one mod could satisfy all these customers, that would be awesome.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 09:02:20 PM »
So yes, we want it all!

Offline MaryH

• Tempermental Tyke
  • Otherwise known as Mary of H.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 09:05:13 PM »
I would like the nanny to be 50/50 chance of elder, and the repairman as well.

The reason for the nanny being a young'un is that a lot of the time, (in my game at least) she sometimes has to move into the house and become part of the household. Why not make her playable for a longer period of time so that she can become part of the neighborhood instead of a NPC?

I don't use butlers that often, but I'd prefer them to be elders. Same goes for headmasters or professors (who are banned from my neighborhoods anyway).

It just seems to be so 'ageist' that so many of the NPC's (that can be played, that is) are old. Why? There's no good real reason for it.

I'm looking forward to this mod!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 01:04:39 AM »
And gardeners are always adults - and yet, in RL, and in fiction, so many gardeners are little old men, often, for some reason, Scotsmen!!!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 01:09:01 AM »
Unless you're in the US, where many of them are Japanese :P

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 01:28:22 AM »
Well, that's not entirely true BO.  It depends largely on the area of the country.

I'll definitely look into making this configurable.

In the mean time, I'm looking at the following, which may be released as a version 1 and become defaults if I come up with the configurable version. 

In a nutshell, I made any elder only NPC adult or elder.  Depending on the job, I added teen, young adults or adults.  With miros1's request for a headmistress, I added that possibility.  I  took a look at other gender specific jobs, but didn't see any others that could be either, based mainly on clothing available in game.  Custom content clothing will not be considered.

Elder/Adult (50/50) (BG) Repairman, (EP1) Coach, Dorm Cook, (EP2) Gypsy, Restaurant Cook, (EP4) Obedience Trainer (elder by Maxis)

Male/Female (50/50) Headmaster (male by Maxis)

Young Adult (100) Streaker (adult by Maxis)

Teen/Young Adult (50/50) Pizza and Chinese delivery (adult by Maxis)

teen, young adult, or adult (33/33/33) server (adult by Maxis)
young adult, adult, or elder (33/33/33) Nanny and Host (adult or elder by Maxis)

young adult or adult (50/50) Bartenders, Baristas, DJ, and breakdancer (adult by Maxis)

The Butler, Headmaster, and Professors already have a 50/50 chance of being adult or elder, so no default change will be made there.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 03:29:43 AM »
Looking good!

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 03:39:44 AM »
I should have age and gender variations in test later today.  Clothing on the other hand may take a bit trying to find acceptable GUIDs.  Career clothing may be co-opted quite a bit.

Offline rjaykoh

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 07:26:50 AM »
Hi! Thank you very much for considering my request. I'm a him actually  :biglaugh: Anyways, since my request is to make the butlers, I prefer a mod which makes them completely an adult. But it's up to you to decide :) since butlers are my only concerns. But it's good to hear that you're adding extra features, just cool!  :thumb:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 08:01:36 AM »
If the mod is configurable, you should be able to select the options you want.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
Re: Adult NPCs
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 04:33:48 PM »
Version 1 posted.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
Re: Adult NPCs
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 05:01:22 PM »
Thank you, AH.  I'll stick it into my game next time I play, provided it's compatible with what I have installed on this laptop - BG, Uni, NL, OFB and FT only.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
Re: Adult NPCs and Defaut NPC Clothes
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 09:36:56 AM »
Updated.

Default clothing replacements for the Handyman, Nanny, and Maid have been posted as the start on "version 2".  BTW, the replacements can be used independently of the mod.

Offline Lydia

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 05:59:07 AM »
I've always wanted non-elder NPCs, thank you  :thumb:
I was using Squinge's TeenNanny, I just replaced it with this before calling a repairman in a new neighbourhood, and got a nice adult lady. I didn't download the default clothes mod, my repairwoman wears random everyday clothes. I like that better than any uniform. So glad to have found this mod :)

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 06:22:52 AM »
I've come across an issue that appears to be due to this mod (which I only recently decided to try).  It is messing up the costume for the human statue.   

I removed this mod and tested the human statue in a new hood and the costume was correct. I saved and exited and put this mod back in. Loaded the test hood back up and the costume was messed up again (though it got different clothes). After again removing it, the human statue in the test hood got his costume back.  I'm hoping at some point the human statue in my Megaheaven hood gets his costume back but he seems attached to those camouflage pants. 
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 12:52:20 PM »
I'm not seeing it.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 01:11:03 PM »
It looks like yours are missing the silver face though.

Edit - added pic of what the human statue should look like. It looks like ours are the opposite. Mine has the face and yours has everything else.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:07:26 PM by Sleepycat »
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 02:22:21 PM »
I just took a quick look at the code to confirm, I am checking specifically for the handyman and nanny to give them a chance to be adults rather than elder, and maid to put the BV style housekeeper clothes on them. The default clothes for those three NPCs are just that, clothes.

I never touched the code for the human statue. I think it's a game object, similar to the other object sims. Looking at my working notes in the thread here, it was never considered. I removed the Adult NPC mod and placed some more human statues. They were also missing the silver face. This leads me to believe something else is changing that, quite possibly T&A because Hatch has a thing against the supernatural (and men in his game). Clothing with the mod or without was the tails with top hat.

I've only checked in my main hood, since that's the only hood in this game. Is the clothing issue happening on a sub hood?

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 10:35:18 PM »
base hood lot & on a sub-hood lot. It was the same exact human statue since I've only ever placed one at a time. Your picture showed me that by placing a bunch, I might be able to get fixed ones for the two hoods that I now know are affected (found out about the second one after posting about the first).

This mod is the only mod I've added in a very long time so it appeared to be the culprit and like I said, removing it fixed the issue in a test hood.  I never really use nannies or handymen so I won't miss it. I just wanted to give you a heads up. Since your code is fine and no one else has reported an issue, it's possible it is just my game.  *shrugs*

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2016, 11:09:09 PM »
It's possible that no one reported this before because no one used the human statue.  I know I don't. I'll continue looking into this by placing one on all of my community lots to see if I can get the clothing change.

Did HCDU show any possible issues? Just off the top of my head, jfade's automatic change clothes mod is the only one that I can imagine may effecting the statue, but even that's a stretch.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2016, 11:59:26 PM »
No, HCDU doesn't any conflicts with this.  I don't use that one by jfade. 

I like seeing sims be surprised by the human statue.

anything
anything