Author Topic: Gypsy Disappears and Pranks  (Read 1131 times)

Offline xhyleh

• Highchair Hipster
Gypsy Disappears and Pranks
« on: July 01, 2013, 11:22:34 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've been having some problems with the gypsy disappearing as soon as she appears on residential lots.  I'm trying to get some of my sims some random cheap dates but I can't because of this problem.  I thought it was visitor controller, and so allowed it to accept the gypsy, but the problem persists.  I've scanned my hacks/mod folder and I can't see anything that could be causing it.

My other problem is with pranks.  I don't know if I just have some really bad tempered sims or not, but they're always pranking each other.  It's very annoying because the other sims stop what they're doing to watch it, and it's also very inappropriate when it's a business lot.  I tried Ancienthighway's antiprank hack but it didn't work.  So is there anything I can do to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
Re: Gypsy Disappears and Pranks
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 12:14:08 PM »
I'm pretty sure there's no antiprank hack by ancienthighway.

Offline xhyleh

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 12:26:39 PM »
Thanks, but it doesn't really matter since I took it out when it didn't work.

Offline miros1

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 02:58:57 PM »
Wow.  Suggested test: Put the anti-prank hack back in.  Run HCDU from SimWardrobe.  Post the log if you don't see any prospective candidates.

Offline xhyleh

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 04:03:04 PM »
I don't have the hack anymore, and I don't remember where I got it but I'll do a search.  Here's the log of what HCDU found now.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 04:16:40 PM »
Thanks, but it doesn't really matter since I took it out when it didn't work.

I guess I wasn't really clear.  You attributed a mod to me, and it's not one that I created.  I will not take credit for something good someone else made, nor will I take blame for something bad someone else made. 

Download Visitor Controller again.  You may have an old copy.  I believe TJ fixed the code that allows the gypsy to be summoned and stay on the lot.

Check your recycle bin for the mod.  If you just deleted it and didn't empty out the bin, it should be there.  I believe that mod is Pescado's (MATY).

Offline xhyleh

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 04:43:05 PM »
Sorry about that, I didn't realize you were Ancienthighway (I really need to check my source).  I also checked and you're correct, it was Pescado's.  I'll download VC again and report later on.  The updated log is attached.

Thanks

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 04:50:31 PM »
Make a new folder called zLoadlast and put antiprank in it.  It will load after TJ's Play Sanity then.

Come to think of it, you don't need to have both.  One or the other.  Try them each alone for a while and see which one you like best.

Offline miros1

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 09:40:52 PM »
Other conflicts:

You might want to look at all your telescope hacks; you've got enough conflicts that I bet something won't work the way you want.  You can also ditch the community lot sleep hack; it's included in SmartBeds.  I also think that the leftover fix is incorporated into one of BO's hacks.  "harderjobs" is also contrary to "No Friends Needed."

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 01:16:46 AM »
That hack of mine you're thinking of, miros1, is probably "BO - Get Leftovers Fix", related though somewhat different. :) Actually, although by principle I'm a user of all of BO's hacks, I have the "Leftover Fix" in my downloads too :D

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline xhyleh

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 07:59:28 AM »
I did as JV suggested and placed the antiprank hank in the z folder.  I played at my teen block for two sim hours and there was only one prank incident, so I think it's working properly now.  I also downloaded VC and when I went to delete the old VC from my hacks folder, I discovered I had another one in my objects folder called "visitor controller - community".  I deleted both and used the new one.  Tested it and the gypsy showed up after enabling it on VC.

Thanks everyone.  I'll get rid to community lot sleep hack and harderjobs when I play again.  Thanks so much - I'm really glad I asked :love:

Offline miros1

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 09:21:19 AM »
Glad it worked! 

Personally, I like to minimize the number of conflicting  hacks.  Less to remember when I add more and have to check for new conflicts.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 12:23:40 PM »
I'm glad this old dog hasn't forgotten all the old tricks. :lol:

Offline xhyleh

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 10:45:09 AM »
I'm back and I had a chance to really play yesterday and unfortunately the antiprank hack doesn't work in may game.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 01:05:36 PM »
That's odd!  It's been working in my game for years - probably since the BG or Uni, when I first started using Pes's mods.  I'd suggest you run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility to discover whether you have anything else that might be causing it not to work.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline xhyleh

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 08:20:09 PM »
ZZ, I'll do that but I'm really confused.  The adults never prank each other, but prank the teens when they're around and the teens always prank each other.  Most of my teens grew up badly, but that can't be the cause, right?

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 08:49:12 PM »
Take a look at the personalities of your pranking sims.  I'm willing to bet you find a pattern, my guess is high playfulness and low grouchiness.

Something else to consider.  There's a bug in the seeding of the random number generator that causes the first sim born after starting your game to always have the same personality, and it's kind of a shitty personality.  After the first born, pseudo randomness is back in the game.  All it takes is a couple of first borns like this to create hoards of sim with similar traits.  Solution:  Each time you start the game, go into CAS and hit the dice to generate a random sim or 10 or 30.  Alternately, you could use the Batbox to reseed the RNG.

Offline miros1

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 04:59:22 AM »
<snip> Most of my teens grew up badly, but that can't be the cause, right?

If any mood drops happen because of pranking right before growing up, yes, you could blame growing up badly on pranking.  I'm not sure if growing up badly could be the cause of pranking.  I carefully avoid growing up badly!

Possibly previous interactions between the pranker and victim could affect the likelihood of pranking?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 06:33:41 AM »
The problem is when a sim decides to prank a sim they have a very low relationship with.  Pranking friends merely results in laughs and being pranked back.  Pranking a non-friend can result in aggressive behaviour, even leading to a fight.  So, either pranking or being pranked could lead to a very bad mood, and red aspiration - therefore growing up badly.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 07:55:48 AM »
I think xhyleh meant their question the other way around. As in: is it possible that growing up badly leads to more pranking?

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 12:03:30 PM »
Well, obviously it will - the very sims that autonomously prank mere acquaintances will be desperate for friends and continue to make the same mistakes over and over again!

anything