Author Topic: To woohoo or not  (Read 10070 times)

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
To woohoo or not
« on: June 15, 2013, 11:06:48 PM »
So I have been using acr at pretty much it's default settings, since, well, forever.  I'm slowly trying to tweak things to give more of the gameplay experience I want, but the settings are confusing me.

What I want to achieve is some YA and older can woohoo as is their whim, and some can't woohoo unmarried.  As well as *some* teen can woohoo.  I don't want to turn teen woohoo off completely, because my sims that don't go to college are teens until they are 21, but I'm really not happy with every 13 and 14 year old woohooing as well.

There isn't a sim seting for unmarried woohoo, only a global one, but there is a sim setting for woohoo allowed.  Are these sort of the same?  If I set the hood unmarried woohoo off, but set individual sims to woohoo allowed, will that allow those sims to merrily boff away?  Or would it be better to leave unmarried woo turned on, and make it NOT allowed for the sims I don't want to.

The documentation says hood trumps lot trumps sim settings, but that makes no sense to me because that would surely render anything below global as unconfigurable on a lot or sim basis.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: To woohoo or not
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 01:50:29 AM »
To deal with teens first.  If you don't want a particular teen to woohoo, make sure you have the other settings as you want them, then stick the controller in an inventory.  This should mean that it is no longer on the lot - if that doesn't stop the teen woohooing, stop them manually and then delete the controller completely.  You can always spawn it again when you want.

For the rest, I think it's a matter of trying things out to see what works best for your game - that's basically what I did.  I've personally never found that a hood setting prevents me from configuring individual sims effectively - for example, I may disable teen woohoo globally, but allow it for individual teens.  (Saves all the bother of removing the controller, I think.)
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 02:09:09 AM »
In the past I've tended to go with default settings myself.  Default Global setting is unmarried TFB disabled.  When a sim is set to allow unmarried TFB, it can happen.  Sim setting took priority.
In my current hood, I set the Global setting to unmarried TFB is enabled.  My sim had the personal setting unchanged meaning sim is not allowed unmarried TFB.  In this case, global took priority and she initiated the woohoo and TFB.

I remember TJ trying to explain it more than once, and it never quite made sense to me.  If a global setting is enabled, it has priority and if the setting is disabled, it's ignored.  If X=1, then X always equals 1, but if X=0, X doesn't exist so ignore it.

From what you describe as your goal, leave the global switches set to the default setting.  In the Sim Settings/Autonomy, you can fine tune how you want a sim to behave.  For those you want to prohibit from unmarried woohoo, set the relationship requirements to those required for marriage, and set the autonomy to spouse only.  Theoretically, that sim should not initiate or accept woohoo with anyone but spouse.  With autonomy being dynamic, the amount of initiations of woohoo will vary depending on aspiration and personality I believe.

So, bottom line, change the settings for each sim so they behave as you want.

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 06:40:42 AM »
for example, I may disable teen woohoo globally, but allow it for individual teens.  (Saves all the bother of removing the controller, I think.)

So if I turn teen woohoo off globally, and then set woohoo allowed in the autonomy for the teen I want to be able to woohoo, that should work?

I guess I am off to play around with settings in a test hood all day to figure it out  X)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 07:43:53 AM »
Yes, it should work, provided you leave the controller on the lot.  I'm not sure if it will still work without the controller.  Same applies to elders.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 07:53:44 AM »
I do believe I've had teen woohoo on a community lot with no controller present.  I'd done my configuration before the teen left home to go to the community lot and left the controller sitting next to the bookcase where it always is.

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 10:53:14 AM »
OK, it seems that doesn't work, banning umarried or teen woohoo at a hood level, doesn't matter what I set sims to, they won't autonomously woohoo if the two sims are already on the same lot, but will make and see through booty calls, which even the sims who apparently aren't allowed to woo will do. 

I can turn woohoo in general off on a sim level, but that is all woohoo until I turn it back on, and I was hoping not to have to remember to one, turn it off when they hit teen, and two, remember to turn it back on again at a later date.  There is no individual setting that affects types of woohoo in this way.  I suppose at this point my best bet might be disallowing auto woohoo at a hood level and then turn it on as each sim is allowed.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 05:52:42 PM »
I think you do need to remove the controller.

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 02:20:06 AM »
If there is no controller on a lot then teen woohoo is not allowed, but that wouldn't solve the problem on another lot. Do you have any other mods which cause spontaneous woohoo e.g. certain beds/rugs/etc which allow sims to woohoo in different positions? Are your teens set as "independent teens" either through an option on a cheat object or because they have reached "18" according to inteen?

There is definitely an option to disallow woohoo, I think it is under "autonomy" because I have a few sims who are religious and I do not allow them to woohoo at all until they are married. It is funny watching them try to get as close as they can XD

I think you may need to disable booty calls too as they are separate to woohoo but have the same outcome.
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 05:39:40 AM »
Or have no possible place for the teen to woohoo - no hot tub, no sofa, no photobooth etc. and the only available double bed locked in the parents' bedroom.

Actually, without the controller on the lot, a booty call will usually result in a few flirts and a game of toss football.

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 06:05:10 AM »
If there is no controller on a lot then teen woohoo is not allowed, but that wouldn't solve the problem on another lot. Do you have any other mods which cause spontaneous woohoo e.g. certain beds/rugs/etc which allow sims to woohoo in different positions? Are your teens set as "independent teens" either through an option on a cheat object or because they have reached "18" according to inteen?

There is definitely an option to disallow woohoo, I think it is under "autonomy" because I have a few sims who are religious and I do not allow them to woohoo at all until they are married. It is funny watching them try to get as close as they can XD

I think you may need to disable booty calls too as they are separate to woohoo but have the same outcome.

Yes, I am aware of the need for a controller on the lot for teens/elders and booty calls.  But it isn't JUST teens I wanted to stop, and not all teens either, maybe not even all teens in one house, so really all of these suggestions make no difference at all.  I don't have any other woohoo mods at all, no bouqets, no "easy" furniture, some of them are over 18 (according to inteen)  Some of them are not.

Yes, there is an option to disallow woohoo, I said about that right off, that I knew there was one.  Yes, you can easily turn woohoo off, for every sim on an individual basis, what I wanted was to be able to do was have it off by default and turn it *on* on a sim by sim basis. (to clarify, I have around 700 playable sims, of which a clear 300+ are 13 or over, setting each sim individually is NOT a small or quick task)    I've expermineted enough now to know this is not possible and I am going to have to remember to turn every sims autonomy off at puberty and on at the right time down the line.  I am perfectly aware of how to prevent teens from woohooing but I didn't want to have to be so vigilant in either remembering to eliminate all possible woohoo locations, or to add and remove controllers, or to turn setting on and off. 

I was enquiring about a set it and forget it feature, the way most of acr is.  This is not possible the way I would like things set up, I will suck it up and deal with it, and in the meantime, I am absolutely loud and clear on all the fifty bazillion ways to stop teen sims from having sex.

That all sounded a lot more ranty than I meant it to, but I haven't slept in 24 hours and am obviously a little cranky.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 06:07:11 AM by Imalia »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 06:34:14 AM »
I know the feeling!

I have hoods with around that number of sims, and I agree, setting each one individually is a pain, but whichever way around the hood default is set, there will still be a large number that one would not want to abide by the default setting and would therefore need to set individually.  When my teens age up, I already use the clothing tool to provide them with more acceptable clothing than the game thinks appropriate, and so checking their ACR settings is, to me, just another of those extra tasks we set ourselves when we refuse to play the game as Maxis intended! 

And when I forget there is a controller on the lot and also forget to set the teen individually, it comes as no surprise when I've given them a romance aspiration if the first available teen to arrive on the lot disappears with them to the hot tub!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 06:44:46 AM »
@Imalia: I've always wished for something similar, Imalia. Sadly, that never made it into the ACR controller. I can imagine that adding this feature might have complicated the ACR controller considerably. Anyway, TJ is not active anymore, and hardly anyone else is qualified to update ACR. I'm afraid we'll have to live with how it is.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 06:53:04 AM »
Well, yes, I am aware this is as good as it gets, I have no problem with that, I was trying to clarify what it was I was asking as there seemed to be some confusion. 

I too already use the clothing tool, and set gender preference and such like so it's not a major issue to add the woohoo allowed or not at the same time.  I wasn't meaning to sound like I was asking for more to be done, all I really wanted to know was clarification on how the different setting worked and which takes precident.  I now know my answer and can set things up the way I would like them.

I have long since learned that playing/managing a hood the size of mine, especially with the length of time I've been playing it, is never going to have quick and easy options  :P

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 01:25:10 PM »
I know what you mean! :D

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 02:03:35 PM »
Becomes a Magnum Opus, doesn't it?

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 03:11:56 PM »
Yes, yes it does.  :rofl:

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 12:45:55 AM »
I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood a previous post. Yes in that case it does sound easier to disallow globally and re-allow individually!

Although... if there isn't an option to do this, there is always the option to set up one sim's token how you like and then "Copy this token to all sims". Make sure you save before you do it as in a large hood it can cause a crash, but if you try it on a small, non-laggy lot and leave it alone to process for an hour or so it might work. Then you'd probably have to set each new sim's token individually when they first aged up to teen, but that wouldn't be so bad as it would be one or two at a time.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 12:48:52 AM by simsfreq »
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 01:14:25 AM »
Most so-called laggy lots are not caused by the size of the lot, but by the existence of *token - sim - loaded* and can be prevented by BO's wonderful No Sim Loaded mod.

The trouble, simsfreq, with using the option to *copy my token to all sims in the hood* is that in a hood the size of Imalia's, it would be more work than ever to get all the sims the way she wants them.

Offline MaryH

• Tempermental Tyke
  • Otherwise known as Mary of H.
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 03:59:56 AM »
To interject (hijack this thread, in other words...) could anyone please tell me what that "copy my token to" actually does?

After all these years of playing with ACR, I've never quite figured out the reason for it, or how it works.

I'll freely admit that I'm old and slow..

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 04:10:57 AM »
@MaryH: From the name, I would logically conclude that this interaction would find every sim in the hood that should have a token. The ones that don't have a token yet, will then be supplied with one which is identical to the token of your active sim. The ones that already have a token, would find their token changed to reflect that of the active sim.

The reason for such an interaction would be evident: you want the sims in a certain hood to all behave a certain standard way which is not the default behavior TJ has defined. So you create one token with the correct settings on a sim, and then spread copies of that token throughout the hood. If you then have a few sims that need to behave differently, you can easily adjust them, without having to worry about the general populus.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 04:14:51 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 06:36:22 AM »
To interject (hijack this thread, in other words...)

You could at least sing Stand and Deliver while doing it  :cheese:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 10:22:33 AM »
You can also copy token to all sims on the lot, which I have found useful on occasion.

I'm not sure whether it continues to apply once all current teen+ sims have been dealt with, though, or whether newly created sims or children aging to teen would still get the default.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 01:39:57 PM »
If a token is created for a newly born or created sim, that token will simply use the current defaults. You'll have to adjust their settings yourself.

And as far as I know, the copy interaction will continue to work, overwriting the settings on existing tokens.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 02:05:09 PM »
You would, of course, need to remember which sims on the lot still had that token, if you'd made any individual changes.

anything
anything