Author Topic: Self Employed Career  (Read 3505 times)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
Self Employed Career
« on: May 15, 2013, 05:38:02 PM »
Adult and Teen/Elder careers included.

Recommended mods:  Crammyboy's Community Time Project.  Even though it's "Pets/Seasons/FT test only" I've been using it without issue up through AL/MG.  If you don't have the CTP, this mod isn't needed.  You could just run out to work the business when children are in school and be home maybe 15 minutes after you left for the business, no matter how long you work.

I made this career because using BO's Random Jobs mod had many more of my sims starting their own business just to earn the money.  That was all find and dandy until my single parents constantly needed to call a nanny "Just for now" and then spend two hours trying to dismiss the bitch.

Adult hours are 10-8.  I started it at ten because if the carpool shows up before the school bus on a 1 by anything lot, the child could run into problems of just not going to school.  Bus comes, you go to work (Taxi or walk to community lot and pick your business).  I ended it at 8 so when the sun goes down, you know it's time to close up shop and get home.

Teen/Elder hours are from 3-8.  No pay.  No promotions.  No reason to go except one (see below).  Again, ends at 8 to get home to care for little ones if required.  When aging to adult, the teen is promoted into the adult career with vacation days retained.  There is no top of the career, so no overachiever is possible, although I'd say running your own business as a teen is overachieving.

* Below.  Even though you take this career, it's highly recommended you actually "go to work" via the carpool or walking the first day.  You won't get paid.  You won't get promoted.  But you will get 29 days of leave so you can actually run your business without having to take the job all over again every three days you don't "go to work."

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: Self Employed Career
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 01:11:11 AM »
Nice work! I'd almost regret not doing CTP, because this sounds really cool.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
Re: Self Employed Career
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 06:47:15 AM »
This encourages me to recommend CTP as a "business mod"!