Author Topic: Inteen with Life Stories and The Sims2?  (Read 6205 times)

Offline PretenseOfPerfection

• Drooling Diaperfiller
Inteen with Life Stories and The Sims2?
« on: February 08, 2013, 09:15:31 PM »
This is probably an incredibly stupid question, but I'm here to ask anyways.

I currently have inteen installed on my computer, I believe the AL version, which works fine with The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, and the Fun with Pets EP/SPs.

I have recently installed life stories, for which there is very little cc/mods specifically made for, and the things I have tried have worked just fine. I've read several post on multiple sites that state sometimes inteen works with LS, and sometimes not. LS apparently runs on the same code/engine? as the OFB expansion, I'm willing to give it a shot and report back my findings.

I'd really rather not uninstall The Sims 2 or inteen on the sims 2, since I use them as well sometimes, but will having two seperate inteen downloads have any known/guessable effect? I've been careful to keep all of my cc/mods for the sims 2 under a seperate user account on my computer than any of my cc for LS. I am willing to uninstall inteen for The Sims 2, although I'd rather not. I do also realize this is a strange question/circumstance, as most people do not have both LS/The Sims 2 on one computer. I don't expect any concrete answers, but anyone have any guess as to whether or not it would be effected?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: Inteen with Life Stories and The Sims2?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 01:14:03 AM »
If your LS and TS2 installations are completely independant from one another, and each have their own Downloads folders, I see no reason why you should NOT try Inteen for your LS game. Of course, you will not be able to use the same Inteen version that you have for TS2, but you'd need to get the OFB version.

There are still no guarantees, of course, and you need to be careful. But if you understand and accept the risks, then by all means, try it. And please keep us informed of how you fare, ok?

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 08:10:12 AM »
Back up your Life Stories game just in case Inteen causes a BFCVFS (or whatever that abbreviation is).

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 11:58:40 AM »
Thank you both, and I will certainly let you know how it goes! I'm snowed in today, so I think it will be a good day to try and fiddle around with it and see if I can get it to work with LS.

And if I fail miserably, at least I backed up my game, and can go from there. Wish me luck!

Oh, and @BoilingOil, both installations are completely seperate from one another, along with their downloads. I'm not sure if LS does it automatically, or if I just can't remember doing it when I installed LS, but unlike The Sims 2 downloads, my LS files are under Electronic Arts instead of EA Games. I also download custom content for TS2 on my main account, and LS cc on my secondary, just for this purpose. I'm going to start with the OFB version and work my way from there, thanks for all the insight!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:01:41 PM by PretenseOfPerfection »

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 02:40:32 PM »
For my testing out of Inteen in the Stories it dont work. (It does but very glitchy.)

If you need to get a teen pregnant in the stories then you need to use Chris Hatch Alternate Pregnancy Controllers at BAS and his Free for all bed. This is after the Story is done.

OR

Sim2Living Teen Woohoo mod also after the story mode.  You may find it a the booty I think.

For both of these you need the OFB one for Life Stories and Pets for the Pets Stories and Bon Voage for Castaway Stories.

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 07:44:59 PM »
The lab rat is back with a (nearly) full report!

I sort of put off installing inteen for a few hours, because I remember installing it for TS2 was a pain in the arse(what with trying to find the correct version to use with the games I had), but it was truly a painless process.

I haven't gone in and fully played the game yet, but since I was eager to share what happened I simply ran through the main features to see if they worked. The installation was successful, and I did indeed manage to get a teen pregnant, glitch free(none of the sims jumping around on the screen nonsense I encounted when installing inteen for TS2), they all stayed where they belonged, and quite nicely. The biological clock is working for both teens and adults, and the beds are fully functioning as far as teen woohoo and pregnancy goes.

I'm going in now to actually play a "full" game and see how everything works with the teen pregnancy, and will be sure to report back in a few hours again!!

So, maybe sometimes inteen works with LS, and sometimes it doesn't? I did indeed use the OFB version, however, I installed only two of the flavorpaks, have no other mods at all at this time, and have very little cc for LS. I've read all over that once you hit a certain point with the cc, the game gets really lagged, so aside from inteen, and a very few hair meshes/make-up/clothes(probably less than 25mb without inteen), I have no other cc in the game, and knock on wood, it seems to be working well so far. The game wasn't lagged or slow when I went on my twenty minute test run, and I hope to report back that it stays that way.

@mark93, I'll be sure to test those two out if anything happens with inteen. I'm always on the lookout for any sort of cc for LS, and have just started a list of everything I've found so far. Thanks!

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 09:02:58 PM »
I'm back again, with the complete verdict, and I apologize in advance posting twice in a row.

Anywho, I got so sucked into my game last night I played until after dawn without realizing it! Clearly I've missed my inteen (:

I'm so incredibly happy to say that nearly everything went off without a hitch! Teens could woohoo, get pregnant, take fertility treatments, etc. All of the original elements of the game still functioned properly, and much to my surprise, the game ran smoothly, almost the entire time.

The only issue I had, which honestly isn't that big of a deal to me, is when the carpool/bus arrived, or was supposed to arrive. The game didn't freeze up, but it ran a little bit slower until after the carpool/bus had left the lot. At first I figured it could've been because my teen should've been taking the bus to school, but since she was pregnant she obviously wasn't. It only happened Monday through Friday, when she should've  actually been taking the bus, and not on either Saturday or Sunday when she had the days off. After she became an adult I switched lots, and it's still the same. However, like I said, it's merely a few seconds slower than it should be, and as long as everything else is working properly, I think it's a small price to pay.

I'm so incredibly happy I got inteen to work, it's always been my favorite mod, and really the only one I felt I HAD to have for LS, if at all possible. I took a risk, and it seems to be panning out. Over the next couple of days I'm thinking of possibly installing another flavor pak or two, although I'm not one hundred percent sure, as I'm not sure if I want to push my luck. If I do, I'll be sure to come back and post about how it went! Thank you guys again for the support and advice, it's greatly appreciated!!

@Mark93 I know there are a few out of date lists for mods/cc compatible with LS, but I'm very seriously putting some thought into creating a new one, or contacting the creator of the existing one to see about updating/revising it, since I'll have some extra time on my hands in the next few weeks.. There are still some kinks to be worked out, but I'd love any thoughts/insight you have on any aspect of this, especially since you seem to have quite a bit of experience with LS. Please feel free to contact me if you have any interest (:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 02:50:49 AM »
Thank you for the complete and unabridged version of your official report, POP. Now if anyone else has similar questions, we're certain we have an answer that has worked at least once! :)

And don't worry about the 'double post'. There's no less than 26 hours between them. How long were you supposed to wait, right? This is quite OK, thank you!

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 04:28:24 AM »
I'm actually wondering whether PoP's discoveries should be sticked.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 06:27:57 AM »
I'd been thinking that too. So now I've actually gone and done it :D

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 06:48:38 AM »
At least, now it's a stickied thread, maybe people will notice it, and it will inspire them to try it for themselves!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 07:00:43 AM »
@Mark93 I know there are a few out of date lists for mods/cc compatible with LS

Where are these list and I will go have a look at them.
For LS you can use most mods for Base, NL but for cars and OFB but for the business stuff.

For me Inteen work all the way up to the sim having the baby and then the error would happen and I had to quite the game and go back in and the baby would be at the mail box.

By far S2L Woohoo mod works the best, I have never had any problems with other mods or the game with this mod.
I will go and test some more to see what happens for this was over 3 years ago.

(edit: truncated quote)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:56:37 AM by BoilingOil »