Author Topic: Issues  (Read 3786 times)

Offline Duine

• Mushloving Mophead
Issues
« on: January 27, 2013, 02:03:08 AM »
Hi, I have your No social worker mod and it has worked fine until now.  I was at one house and had a toddler at home til the other parent came home, no problem there.  At the next house the dad went to work, I got the usual pop up saying so-and-so shouldn't be left home alone, I always get them but nothing happens.  A short while later I saved just in case.  Suddenly I heard a weird sound and realize the social worker had taken the child.  Not really a problem since I had saved before this and went to neighborhood without saving.  Then had the girl call a sitter until her dad came home. 

Usually any kids are only left for an hour or 2 before a parent gets home.   The dad's work hours were 8pm to 8am, is it possible the time frame was too long for her to be alone? All her motives were full and energy was down just a little bit.  Usually any kids are only left for an hour or 2 before a parent gets home.  She was on the computer and nothing was out of the ordinary so, there was no reason for a social worker to show up.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 04:45:59 AM »
So, Duine, which EP/SPs did you have again?

Normally, the SW shows up if any child or younger is home alone for an hour or more. With my mod (I assume you were talking about Kids & Pets Unattended), you should not get any messages for most of the normal off-lot activities, although in many cases where a car is involved there could still be issues.
If you have AL/M&G installed, you might try sending your sims walking to work.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Duine

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 03:47:54 PM »
I have up to and including Seasons, Celebrations and Family stuff packs. The dad carpools, most of my houses are 1x1 or 1x2 lots and no car or no pets.  I don't usually have a problem with the social workers since I started using your mod.  It was just odd since this one is a child and the one just before was a toddler with no problem. 

The only difference I can think of is the length of time being alone.  This is a new neighborhood for a challenge I'm working on. I have gotten that message before, but it seems to be just before a parent shows up.  If it's a child I will have them call a sitter sometimes.  Do you think it was a time problem?  Since they've never been left longer that 1-2 hours before, I figured that might be it.  Using a sitter is no problem except the one time it was a teen who 'ran away' just as the parent entered the carpool. Luckily that was a few child age kids and they called another sitter. 

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 04:59:53 PM »
As BO said, you shouldn't be getting the messages at all and how long you leave them shouldn't matter either. Are you sure you have Kids & Pets Unattended installed? 
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 08:21:21 PM »
@Duine: I think it's very well possible that your issues would be solved if you installed Bon Voyage, FreeTime, Apartment Life or Mansion & Garden Stuff.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Duine

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 12:46:35 AM »
Sleepycat, I have it installed, it's been working fine until this one house.  I had a toddler alone just before I played this house with no problems.

B.O., can't afford to buy the other add-ons, wish I could.  I did pay for 2-3 others from the sim site years ago, but they're gone and I can't find to  re-download them now.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 01:29:59 AM »
Did you try deleting groups.cache and the NeighborhoodManager.package?

Have you tried redownloading the mod, deleting the one in your game and replacing it with the fresh download?

Have you tried again with a different, new family?

If the answer to all these questions is *yes*, did this lot at any time before installing BO's mod seem in any way to have more problems than your other lots?  If so, I think your lot may have got corrupted, in which case, try moving the family to a new lot and see if the problem follows them.  If you want them to live in the original house, try saving the empty lot to a file, then open that file with the clean installer and select the lot file only, then reinstall the lot.  Move the family from the old lot to the new version (all your cc should still be there) and see if that plays nice.  If so, delete the old version of the lot.  I would advise against moving the lot to the old site, or, for that matter, placing anything other than neighborhood deco there, since without a later EP, there is no way you can correct the problems underlying the lot.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 03:33:28 AM »
@Duine: well, that simply means your options are limited. You'll just have to live with the issues you have untill you can buy one of those expansions. The only other option would be to remove this mod completely, and find an alternative. Sorry, but that's all I have in this case.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 08:03:14 AM »
BO, since it isn't the mod, it's either the family or the lot.  In this case, I can't see why it would be the family, so it has to be the lot.  Maybe a social worker has visited it at some time in the past, for example, and the record of that visit has been retained in the substrata of the lot.  That's why I suggest moving the family, as it's the only way to find out.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 08:29:56 AM »
That's just it, ZZ. I'm not sure that my mod isn't involved. It just doesn't work completely as it should if you're running on Seasons or less.

However, I agree that IF my mod has nothing to do with it, then you're absolutely right.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 08:51:28 AM »
I would say that Inge's mod might work better in this case.

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Childcare.htm

Bear in mind what Inge says, that the mod will not work properly if there are children born before installing the mod.  Also, that moving the family should solve the problem.  This may well apply to using your mod as well, BO.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 12:02:22 PM »
That is indeed a possibility that I never considered.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 04:13:05 PM »
You think it might be what's causing the problem with this family?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 04:27:56 PM »
To be honest, I've never considered children born before installation of the mod to be the cause of any problems. And I still have trouble understanding how it could happen. But I can not ignore Inge's skill and expertise in these matters, and if she thought this could be true of her mod, then it *might* also be true of mine.
However, I *do* know that some aspects of my mod don't work right if you lack BV or better, and it's possible - though not yet proven - that this could be one of them.

So let's say that I don't rule out the possibility that my mod is the cause here. In fact, I can't rule *anything* out.

Offline Duine

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »
Hi again, this is a new house, all new families for a challenge.  There haven't been any other problems in this neighborhood so far or with this family.  I'll try redoing that mod, considering I would still call a sitter before on occasion and I did get that pop up warning before.  When that happened, I usually had the child call a sitter just in case so it's really no problem.  Toddlers I don't usually leave alone, just that one time. I know the mod should be working considering how many others use it.

Considering I'm not up with all the mechanics of the game, I thought I would post and see if there was something I may have done wrong.  I did delete group.cache, if neighborhood manager involves simpe, I don't use it.  Haven't tried leaving anyone since that last attempt.  I'll retry that too just to check.

I've been keeping my heat off as much as possible this winter to try and save for a new pc, I think I'll price all those add-ons and see what the prices are and which I would like best.  I know some are rediculously high but used might be a better choice.   Thanks for all the replies!  :smile:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 01:27:03 PM »
Well, most of the others that use this mod succesfully, only do so, because they have newer EPs installed that you currently do not have. Such things CAN and often WILL make a difference.

However, I agree trying to reinstall the mod is a good strategy. But do remember to delete groups.cache directly after that. And also make sure to run HCDU and see if there are any conflicting mods that load after mine. If so, you may need to move some mods so mine load last.

Neighborhoodmanager does not involve SimPE. There is a file in your TS2 data folder named neighborhoodmanager.package. If you delete that, certain characteristics of your game may be restored, fixing certain problems that can't be fixed otherwise.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 01:31:13 PM by BoilingOil »

anything
anything