Author Topic: documentation  (Read 3977 times)

Offline foxy

• Drooling Diaperfiller
documentation
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »
Man, I can't believe how much great stuff can be found at Simbology!

I've just installed ACR (Final version).  I searched around for documentation since that which is included with the mod primarily discusses changes from one version to the next.  I found some excellent documentation for version 1, but nothing for version 2.

Specifically, I am wondering if the mod is working properly in my game since I read that after you spawn the adjuster, you have to click on "tokens" and "setup neighborhood."  I cannot find these menu options on the adjuster.

Can anyone direct me to more recent documentation or am I missing something in what I have already found?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:47:01 PM by foxy »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: documentation
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:54:38 PM »
As far as I am aware, TJ has always had the INTENTION to one day compile a new manual/documentation for ACR 2. But I'm afraid he never really got around to it. There was always a lot of other important stuff for him to do, until he decided - little over a year ago - to throw the towel in the ring and retire from TS2 modding.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 03:57:05 PM »
I have all the documentation that came with an earlier version, so I'm attaching it to this post.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline foxy

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 05:29:14 PM »
Thanks for the quick replies as well as the documentation.

Do either of you know if you have to click on "tokens" and then "setup neighborhood" based on the FAQ?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:33:36 PM by foxy »

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 07:17:50 PM »
It should be automatic the frist time you run the hood after placing it in you Downloads folder.

Just run a sim for a few min. and a popup should say ACR was installed. It needs to be done in each hood.

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 08:42:28 PM »
Yes, that's something that was changed after the documentation was written, which, since there was a fair amount that was altered, is why TJ was intending to rewrite it for the final.  Just accept this old version as a guide, not a bible.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 01:43:00 PM »
There is a discussion thread in this section somewhere, originally for testers of V2, where TJ outlines the differences, somewhere in that thread. Also as different issues came up people asked questions and he answered or in some cases made tweaks - and there are a few clarifications about how everything works.

The main thing you need to know for V2 is that the option which is SHOWING is the one which is selected. It was the opposite in V1.

The thread is called ACR Version 2 - Final (it was originally called something like "testing" and the title was changed when TJ decided that the release was as stable as it was going to get.) It's an 8 page thread but well worth a read through if you're interested in the small details of how ACR works. If you just want a quick idea, then the old documentation will probably be enough, and a search will throw up decent results for most issues you will come across. And of course you can find out a lot by good old trial and error :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 01:45:23 PM by simsfreq »
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline foxy

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 01:59:32 PM »
Thanks again for your replies.

It should be automatic the frist time you run the hood after placing it in you Downloads folder.

Just run a sim for a few min. and a popup should say ACR was installed.
It needs to be done in each hood.

Cool, that is what happened.

There is a discussion thread in this section somewhere, originally for testers of V2, where TJ outlines the differences, somewhere in that thread <snip>

The thread is called ACR Version 2 - Final ...

I read through parts of that thread already.  I'll check it out some more.

The main thing you need to know for V2 is that the option which is SHOWING is the one which is selected. It was the opposite in V1.

That is definitely a helpful piece of information!  Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 02:58:04 PM by BoilingOil »