Author Topic: Adults WANT to Go Steady  (Read 6921 times)

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
Adults WANT to Go Steady
« on: December 13, 2012, 11:23:52 AM »
I use Inteen, and maybe its just bad luck, but lately I've been noticing that my sims aren't rolling any get engaged wants unless they are on a date.  I think this might be because, with Inteen, you have the Go Steady option enabled for all couples, and it needs to be met before the option to get engaged is available.  The thing is, my adults will not roll the want to go steady... I don't think I've ever seen them roll it.  After I make them go steady, engagement wants show up fine.

This never used to bother me, but I'm trying this self challenge thing to do only things that my sims want to do.  Dates are the only time sims will roll engagement wants when Go Steady hasn't been met (possibly because that tree is different), but what if the sim doesn't want to go on a date?  Anyway, I'm almost certain a mod that does this already exists, but I couldn't find it via a quick google search and I'm not sure where to look.  Its not that big of a deal, and like I said, I may just have really bad luck in not seeing the want get rolled.  But still, if anyone knows where a mod that enables the want for adults might be found, that'd be awesome...or if you can make it.

Thanks!
DA

Click On Those, Please?

Offline venusking

• Toddling Tot
  • Download junkie
Re: Adults WANT to Go Steady
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 11:50:04 AM »
How about this? InTeen has a flavor pack called NoCommittedRelationships. This gets rid of the Go Steady or Committed Relationship (whatever adults call it) and goes straight for Get Engaged. Teens can still want to Go Steady.

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 11:56:03 AM »
Thanks VenusKing, but I never got that flavor pack option because I like the committed relationships.  It makes more sense to me to be in a committed relationship before enagement.  Like I said, its only because I'm attempting to change my play style up a bit that this is even an issue.  Thanks, though!

Click On Those, Please?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 12:35:58 PM »
The only time most of my sims get the want to get engaged (without Inteen) is while still at college.  I then have the problem that, since they can't get married while at college, by the time they leave college they no longer seem able to roll the want to get married - CAS family sims get the want with no problem - want engaged - want married - but the process of graduating and moving out seems to bury the want completely, even if they only get engaged at their graduation party.  I do use teens keep loves, so a lot of my college students are going steady when they arrive at college, and if they don't get engaged, they are probably still going steady when they leave.  If I don't give in to the engagement want while at college, they will occasionally get the want when they have graduated and returned home, but not so often as CAS adults who only get into a relationship after moving in. 

I tend to think a lot of the base game wants just get lost because so many new ones exist with a stronger pull.  Some base game wants were deliberately removed (like coffee tables and end tables) but others just don't seem to have the same pull as the newer ones, especially since FT.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 03:02:06 PM »
Coffee Table and end table wants used to be in the game?!?

Click On Those, Please?

Offline Orilon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 03:10:45 PM »
That's one thing that's always annoyed me. Some Sims have a want to get engaged at the beginning of the University time (Puck Summerdream always has the want to get engaged to Hermia Capp the minute he realizes I've moved her into the same dorm. A lot of the time she also has the want.) However, since they can't get married right away by the time they graduate the want to get married isn't there. I get them married anyway, but it would be nice if the want to get married would be there after they graduate.

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 03:21:29 PM »
Just send them on a date, that has allways work for me.

As along as there not romance then they roll the wants.

There is a wedding arch that will allow weddings anywhere and anyone to marry. ( I thoght it was made by Chris Hatch but cant find it there at BAS.)

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 03:38:10 PM »
So, I take it no one knows where to find a mod that allows the Go steady want for adults?

Click On Those, Please?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 04:30:58 PM »
Sorry, D_A, I don't.  Yes, the coffee table and end table wants were definitely in the base game.  I used to keep Jennifer Burb very happy by giving in to those wants!

Orilon, I've actually had romance sims want to get married when on a date!  Trouble is, although you fulfil the want by having him propose while on the date, he (or she) still gets the red memory!  However, I don't much like playing dates, it's such a rigmarole to keep them both happy!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »
@D_A: I can't think of any mods for adults going steady, either, I'm afraid. Sorry.

@ZZ: I've found that dates only work well if both sims are already in the mood for it. Don't have a romance male ask a family female on a date, if she has three children at home that she can roll wants for, because he will have a horrible time making her happy. That's just ONE example, of course.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »
Hey BO, how hard would it be to make this mod?  I was thinking it could make a decent starter project for me... I'd just have to find the Go Steady want for teens and enable it for adults, right...and make sure it was set to be satisfied by the "committed relationship" action in the "propose" menu?  It doesn't sound too bad.  What do you think?

Click On Those, Please?

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 05:54:48 PM »
I think there is something like that in the Teen enabled adults wants mod. http://www.modthesims.info/d/169485
There is one there called zadultsdisabledgosteadywant, so it looks like it will work for what you want.

The last 3 dont have the files anymore, but some one who know how to do mods might be able to fix them to work in the last 3 EP's.

Some one here might have them.

ADD:
I have them. Here is the AL version (I have the Seasons version too):

From this tread. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=5597.0
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:06:27 PM by mark93 »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 06:07:26 PM »
In fact, Mark, it looks like that would do exactly the OPPOSITE of what is requested here.

This mod is meant to allow teens to roll adult wants, whereas the request is for allowing adults to roll a specific teen want.

True, the specific file you mean will DISable the Go Steady want for adults, implying that the main mod ENables it, but that doesn't negate the fact that the main mod ALSO does a lot that was not asked for here. The file that you mention will not do anything on its own, though. It only disables a certain part in the main file that some people may not want.

Furthermore, I have that mod myself (I believe I got it from MATY, though) and it works well with all EPs/SPs on my system. Maybe the MATY version is maintained further than the MTS version.

Your find is a good one, but I thought giving more accurate, more complete information would be appropriate. :D

ETA: That post from Doren no longer contains the link/attachment that must originally have been there, so that won't help either, alas.

Hey BO, how hard would it be to make this mod?

We're talking about a WANTS mod here, and I know nothing about how editing wants/fears works. So I'm afraid my input is of no consequence. Enabling the menu option for adults might be not too hard, perhaps, but that wouldn't include adding the want to an adult's repertoire. Wasn't the idea that you would ONLY do things that a want was rolled for?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:21:34 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 06:21:35 PM »
Yeah, I'm trying to only do things sims roll the wants for, which means I need the Go Steady want to appear for adults...at least for the ones that dont want to go on dates.   Could that really be too hard to make?  It would be my first mod though....maybe its a bit much to start with... but then again, it makes more sense to start with something that I actually need.

Click On Those, Please?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 06:24:25 PM »
For ME it would NOT be the first mod, as I suppose you are aware (really? don't brag, BO. It doesn't become you!), but as I said: I have absolutely no clue about want-modding. All I know, is that it's a lot different from the rest. A want-tree is nothing like a SimAntics BHAV file.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:26:01 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 06:27:55 PM »
Why not find another want enabling mod and open it up and take a look?

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 06:31:45 PM »
Oh, no I meant for me.  I've been wanting to try my hand at modding for a while, and this initially seemed like a decent place to start (it sounds simple on paper).  But, unless there is a big button in SimPE that says "Edit Want Tree" (I have my doubts about that), I have no idea how to get into the wants to edit them...or what to do once I found out how.  Maybe its not a good starting place, then.

ZZ, I can't honestly think of any, (and it would need to do almost just that..add a want, or I want know what I'm looking at).  Thats a good idea, though!

Click On Those, Please?

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 06:32:08 PM »
Teen enabled adults wants mod will make adults have the want to go steady.

I only listed that one mod to show the adults can and will get the wants, this zadultsdisabledgosteadywant mod will disabled the wants that comes with the main mod "Teen Enabled Adults Wants."

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 06:41:05 PM »
Mark, the AL version of that mod isn't there (on Modthesims).

Click On Those, Please?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 06:46:34 PM »
@ZZ: I've done that on occasion, and I'm still trying to comprehend what I saw. So it's obviously not my cup of tea.

@D_A: I understand that it's for you. I just meant to say that if I, *with* my experience, have no idea how to do it, your chances *without* experience aren't looking good.

@Mark: Yes, I *know* that it enables the go steady want for adults! But you failed to mention that this mod ALSO does a lot of stuff that was NOT asked for. Adding a dozen unwanted features only to get one that you DO want, may in the end be worse than doing without the wanted feature. THAT was why I felt it necessary to respond to your suggestion.

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 06:57:39 PM »
Yes but it can show you how or want to change to just get the 1 item you want.

Hey BO, how hard would it be to make this mod?  I was thinking it could make a decent starter project for me... I'd just have to find the Go Steady want for teens and enable it for adults, right...and make sure it was set to be satisfied by the "committed relationship" action in the "propose" menu?  It doesn't sound too bad.  What do you think?

So I said
I think there is something like that "in" the Teen enabled adults wants mod.

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 07:00:33 PM »
Okay, I was able to find a basegame version of that mod, and I THINK I found the resource that handles the go steady want (its labeled).  So, I'm going to play around and see if I can find it in the wantstree package from the AL installation folder (which is what that mod author said is being edited).  So, maybe I'll learn something.  Or maybe not. 

Click On Those, Please?

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 07:02:41 PM »
All of them but for the EP6, EP7 and EP8 are there.

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 07:44:45 PM »
Well, I DID learn something.  That messing with BHAVs is way over my head.  Those things all link to each other and there is absolutely no way I am going to learn which ones to edit and how to edit them anytime soon.  So, I give up on trying to learn to do this myself.

BO, you said you have the mod that Mark93 linked to.  I also found it on MATY but, the one I saw did not have an AL update (it only went up to BV, I believe, while the one on MTS did have an AL version, it just wasn't posted anymore).  So, which version did you get?  Could you send me a link (or the file, if you can't find it anymore)?

Click On Those, Please?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 09:44:38 PM »
I suspect that I have the AL version. If that isn't available at MATY,  then I guess I must be mistaken about getting it there. So I suppose I got it from MTS before they lost the files.

If I get my system running soon, I'll try to find all relevant fils (must be scattered around) and attach them here.

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 10:17:52 PM »
Thanks BO!  If it helps, according to what I read, this mod wasn't supposed to go into Downloads.  Its supposed to go into the XX/Tsdata/res/wants sections where XX is the install directory of your most recent EP (and I'm sure you know this, but I thought I'd mention it since I've never seen another mod that's installed this way).

Click On Those, Please?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 11:24:18 PM »
Yeah, I knew it was something like that... I thought there was one file that went elsewhere, though... But maybe I'm imagining that.

Offline mookie

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 03:10:36 AM »
Hopefully this isn't too atrocious for a first post here , but the discussed mods AL version is in post 113 , on page 5 , of the comments section where mark93's initial link leads. It was re-uploaded after the crash , but never relinked to the download page. Hope that helps.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 03:36:27 AM »
I wish all first-posters were so helpful! :thumb:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2012, 04:39:17 AM »
Agreed! Thank you, Mookie :bow:

Offline mookie

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2012, 05:08:50 AM »
Thank you both for the kind words and warm welcome , I've lurked for a long time before joining but was unable to see parts of the forum , such as this area. I very much appreciate all of the great work , kind sharing and helpful insights one gets here.  Great site! Sorry for the digression ( just kidding) , like I said I've lurked for a long time ( would insert inane smiley face of something absurd if I'd figured out how to yet) Thanks again!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2012, 10:46:39 AM »
You need to use Reply, not Quick Reply, to see the smilies.  Or you can type, for example, *colon* smile *colon* For *colon* substitute and actual :) when using Quick Reply.  :smile:

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2012, 11:31:16 AM »
Wow, Mookie, thanks a lot!  I hope you decide to post more in the future, and welcome to Simbology!

Click On Those, Please?

Offline AlfredAskew

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 05:35:50 AM »
Whoa. I did not expect to see XML in that file.
I find this... weirdly approachable...  :blink:

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2012, 07:11:43 AM »
Files that aren't zipped or rar'ed sometimes download as XML.  You just right click the link and pick "Save As" and they'll be fine.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 07:25:45 AM »
Want files often ARE XML, but it's hard to figure out how the data in those files are used in-game. Want trees also can be HUGE!

Offline amallichetta

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 03:59:39 PM »
when you want adults to go steady,  you can do it with simPe. Just ticking the box
sorry if i repeat something i'm just a babbling baby :D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:01:53 PM by amallichetta »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 04:28:48 PM »
Sure, but the point here clearly is, NOT to have to fire up SimPE, every time you have a couple of adults you want to have going steady.

Apart from that, there's nothing wrong with you volunteering a suggestion :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:30:25 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 05:03:18 PM »
I use Inteen, so they can already do it.  I just want them to roll a want for it.  That mod Mark93 suggested might do the trick, but I haven't played long enough to test it properly...all my adults are married at the moment.

Click On Those, Please?

Offline AlfredAskew

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 09:13:08 PM »
Want files often ARE XML, but it's hard to figure out how the data in those files are used in-game. Want trees also can be HUGE!
It's the sporadic bits of hex code that are puzzling to me. Lord know what that stuff is referencing.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2012, 02:02:00 AM »
Exactly! That's everyone's guess.

Offline Duine

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2012, 11:01:27 PM »
MATY has an adults go steady mod.

I also find sims lose their lock on a marriage want once they leave Uni.  I usually lock the fear of being rejected along with the want, the fears seem to stay more often.  For those who lose the want, I just do the ask on date and it usually pops back up. 

The fastest dates I find are in a small restaurant I built especially for dating couples in formal wear. It's on a 1x1 lot with 2 stories, first is for dining, 2nd has a photo booth and area for dancing.  They can get over halfway on points just having a lobster dinner and by using the sit down type of wants (caress hand, toast, feed a bite, steal a bite, etc.).   Then they go upstairs and have a picture taken, dance, get engaged or go steady.  Slow dance is a great one too.  there's often 7-8 minutes left by the time they reach dream date. At college they date there frequently using the free meal coupons.  The more sims going on dates, the more coupons arrive in the mail.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2012, 08:02:35 AM »
Always wondered what triggered the coupon deivery!

Offline Duine

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2012, 11:22:18 AM »
I wondered too because most of my households don't get them. Mainly it's my Greek Houses, and 2 'transition type' houses in normal neighborhoods, I have with single grads before marriage and getting their own house. There wasn't much dating recently at Uni because of the exams but yesterday 2 sim couples went on dates and coupons showed up right after.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2012, 12:08:44 PM »
It's not actually the dates that cause the coupons to be delivered. It's the fact that your sims had a meal at the restaurant.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2012, 12:15:29 PM »
This is so weird - how often has anyone here had a meal at a restaurant and been asked for their name and address?  If they want to give you some promotional coupon, they give it to you with your bill!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2012, 01:15:47 PM »
You are so right about that, ZZ! But when have you known the EAxoids to embrace any kind of logic in this game? Because I haven't.

Hobby club leaders also know where to find you, once you reach lvl 2 in a specific hobby. Then they start calling you, and they even walk into your house without any kind of invitation, when you reach lvl 5 or lvl 10. In the real world, they'd be arrested for stalking, or for breaking and entering.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2012, 01:38:52 PM »
Very true!  However, since I suppose sims are, in general, better behaved than humans, it doesn't really matter....

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2012, 02:42:35 PM »
 :lol: Absolutely true!

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2012, 05:50:43 PM »
Flaming bags of poo equal better behaved?

I can't find my Domino's Pizza coupons right now to see if they're addressed to "occupant" or to me personally; it could be either since I order both delivery and take out there and pay with a credit card!

I have a couple other free "club memberships" at other restaurants; some I filled out address forms for, some are email based.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:52:29 PM by miros1 »

anything