Author Topic: 04 - Autonomous Put Away Left-Overs 1.0  (Read 7030 times)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
04 - Autonomous Put Away Left-Overs 1.0
« on: April 15, 2012, 02:19:13 PM »
Autonomous Put Away Leftovers

Tired of leftovers being left out to spoil?  You need the autonomous put away leftovers mod.

What this mod does
Using the same criteria for cleaning up dirty plates after eating, sims will now autonomously put away any left overs, whether a serving platter, serving bowl, plate or bowl.  This mod will not force anyone to put them away, so sims may not put everything away, just as they don't always clean up after themselves.  But it will happen.

Meals have been left out for for household member who don't come to eat right away.  Even after the first to eat finished, cleans up, and puts extras away.  Partially eaten meals will be saved if enough "nutrition" is left on the plate.  Burnt food should not be saved.

NPC and DMA Workers
Servos will put away leftovers.  Maids and Nannies ignore left overs just as they ignore most of their duties.  DMA Sims workers set (Maid, Housekeeper, Cook) will not put away leftovers.  I did not observe a household member putting away food prepared by the DMA cook, but that is a possiblity.  Uni Cook will not put away, playable sim in dorm will not put away bowls or plates but will put away serving dishes

Files and Requirements
Seasons is required.

These are replacement dishes for the EA dishes.  Included in the mod as four separate packages:
Serving Platter
Serving Bowl
Plate
Bowl

Seasons has the new functionality of Put Left Overs Away.  Prior to this you could only save leftovers by sticking them into your inventory beginning with whatever EP we got that.

Compatibility with similar mods
Tested with and without dizzy's have-a-leftover1c.package and store-food-no-burnt.package (MATY).  HDCU reports no conflicts with mods I have in my game.  After a closer look at store-food-no-burnt, this mod is redundant. Both do the same thing but implemented differently.

Thanks to twojeffs for his suggestions on how to improve my first go around.  Thanks to jase, twojeffs Inge for their patience in helping me with the basics to get started.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Kuriminsk

• Babbling Baby
Re: 04 - Autonomous Put Away Left-Overs 1.0
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 11:04:22 AM »
Seasons is required.

I am confused. "Put away leftovers" was ALSO carried over in other expansion packs after Seasons.

Why is Seasons required?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 11:17:43 AM »
As usual with TS2 mods, the phrase "<some EP> required" means that you need to have either that specific EP or any one that was released after that.

So in this case, "Seasons required" merely means that you can't run it with Pets or less.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 11:50:24 AM »
Obvious, one would have thought, since before Seasons one couldn't put leftovers away...
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline Kuriminsk

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 01:08:13 PM »
Ah, I did not mean to say that. I just meant the wording is a bit confusing. Most sites say "Seasons OR higher" or something like that. I tested that mod with Apartment Life but without Seasons installed and it worked 100% fine. 

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 01:34:29 PM »
Ah, but you see, Ancient Highway made that mod when Seasons was the latest expansion.  The notes I included are his notes, and I have made no amendments.  You cannot expect retired modders stuff that is being preserved for others to be updated.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 02:41:12 PM »
Indeed! Kuriminsk, you should be glad that this stuff is here. If it weren't for us - and most importantly Zephyrzodiac, the driving force behind collecting AH's work - none of AH's mods would be available anymore.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Kuriminsk

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 10:29:36 PM »
Ah, but you see, Ancient Highway made that mod when Seasons was the latest expansion.  The notes I included are his notes, and I have made no amendments.  You cannot expect retired modders stuff that is being preserved for others to be updated.
Indeed! Kuriminsk, you should be glad that this stuff is here. If it weren't for us - and most importantly Zephyrzodiac, the driving force behind collecting AH's work - none of AH's mods would be available anymore.

?????

I don't think I said anything like this. Either that or maybe my English is awkward today.

Offline AlfredAskew

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 11:51:23 PM »
It's not English, just the internet. It's hard to inflect friendliness and such with no real voice. Don't worry about it. :)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 12:54:59 AM »
Kuriminsk, neither of us implied that you were complaining or something like that. We were merely explaining how this stuff is here now.

Offline RebaLynnMcGee

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 11:45:13 AM »
If anyone has, have-a-leftover1c.package, can you email me at < email removed for member's protection >
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 01:29:07 PM by miros1 »

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 01:36:39 PM »
We discourage our members from posting their email addresses in the open forum.

I could swear there was a link to the mod you want either in this thread or on BO's mini site at leefish.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2012, 02:17:49 PM »
Have-a-leftover is one of Dizzy's mods, isn't it? If so, you'd need to register at TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum to get it.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 04:44:59 PM »
Yes, definitely Dizzy's and not AH's.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2012, 06:17:38 PM »
Thank you for the confirmation, ZZ. With my memory, I wasn't quite certain.

Anyway, for RebaLynn's benefit, here's a link to the Asylum.

Offline RebaLynnMcGee

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 06:34:38 AM »
Thank you very much.