Author Topic: Jealousy Where it Shouldn't Be  (Read 4519 times)

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
Jealousy Where it Shouldn't Be
« on: January 24, 2012, 12:21:00 PM »
I have some jealousy problems at the moment. The jealousy settings are the defaolt ones except for one sim.
It happens at an apartment lot with working shops. All families are playables, The ACR controllers were spawned after move in and have all the same lot settings. In a family of four, according to ACR, three sims aren't jealous at all, the fourth one I've set to no jealousy and static.
The first problem came up when this family was inactive. There was some cheating going on (woohoo) and the husband (the one with the changed settings) got jealous.
Now, as actives, there was some more cheating going on (woohoo again) and one of the other sims, who was in love with one of the cheaters, got jealous, too. I've checked the settings and both sims are still shown as not jealous. All cheating happened in the public area.
The second constellation and one with another cheating partner happend before without any jealousy but before the sims were in love. Not sure about a crush though.
At another apartment lot without shops, I hadn't such problems yet but there aren't married couples and there isn't more than a crush yet.

Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: Jealousy Where it Shouldn't Be
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 12:27:22 PM »
I've encountered something similar once, Arathea. When all the sims on the lot had Jealousy switched off in their Personal settings, they still got jealous. But when I reset them to default, and set "No Jealousy" in the Lot settings, the problem disappeared immediately!

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 12:34:35 PM »
It's just that I want to avoid this. The other sims living there should be able to get jealous if it's according to their aspiration/character. But a romance sim without any jealousy by default? (Didn't change his settings.)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 12:41:36 PM »
I was already afraid you would say that (about others needing to be able to get jealous). Glad I didn't suggest the Global jealousy setting, which stops it hood-wide and also works properly for me.

Anyway, if I find a way around this problem, you'll be the first to hear about it.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »
Thanks. :smile: For now I think, I'll watch the photobooth closely and as soon as certain sims walk in this direction, I'll turn jealousy off and back on when they are done.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 01:08:55 PM »
Doesn't the romancemod from Pescado fix the problem of jealous Romance sims?  I'm sure it used to do that.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 01:13:32 PM »
I have romancemod, but it didn't solve this one for me...

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 01:26:16 PM »
I was quite sure that I have it installed but that must have been a former incarnation of my downloads folder. I think something about it annoyed me so I removed it.
Well, if it doesn't work then I don't have to try it. Although, just a thought but wouldn't the romancemod settings interfere with ACR jealousy and, depending on load order, probably overwritten?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 01:44:26 PM »
No, as far as I know it's OK to have it in your Downloads, I do.  Otherwise, for some odd reason known only to the EAxoids, less than outgoing Romance sims can, and do, get extremely jealous.  Can't hurt to try it.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 01:52:05 PM »
ZZ, remember my issue with Paula from the other thread? The problem BHAV is located in romancemod, of all places!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 02:11:54 PM »
Oh, well, it doesn't cause problems for me.  You mean the BHAV is actually IN the romancemod?  If so, it could be edited, couldn't it?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 02:20:07 PM »
Yup, it's in the Romancemod: the BHAV is named 'Rel - Attracted Do I ST Love param 0'. And yes, that means I could edit it. Or I could try to just remove that BHAV from the mod, and see if the original Maxis code cuts it without that hack.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 02:23:02 PM »
The jealousy thing with those romance sims is part of the EA coding, I think, which Pes was attempting to alter so that no romance sims got jealous.  I remember the discussions when he was making it, and many of us were annoyed at the hypocritical behaviour of some romance sims!

Offline hedgekat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 01:52:57 PM »
That is certainly realistic behavior though. There are plenty of folk out there who think it is alright for themselves to play around all they want but woe to one of their partners who does the same. And they are likely to get more violent than a couple of slaps.

anything
anything