Author Topic: BoilingOil's Mods - the listing  (Read 166837 times)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
BO - Food Dish Autonomy
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2012, 06:56:03 AM »
Please allow me to apologize for the horrible substandard abomination I inflicted upon you all before. There was little - if any - excuse for the poor performance of version 1.3. Now I offer you version 1.4, which will actually do as I promise you here.

There are multiple mods out there that allow for autonomous storing of leftovers. Three of them I know of: dizzy, AncientHighway, and MogHughson each have made their own versions. They all missed something, though...

This new mod (version 1.4) is smaller than all the others, and it allows autonomous storage of leftovers, but there are some twists:

1. Sitting sims will NOT get up to autonomously store leftovers or clean up dishes. EVER!
2. On ANY lot where a Dorm Cook works (either real dorms, or fakes with Inge Jones' ijStoveNPCalwaysPatch from Simlogical, for example), sims will NEVER autonomously store leftovers.
3. On ANY lot where a Dorm Cook works (as above), dishes can ONLY be autonomously cleaned up, if they're NOT in the cafeteria.
4. On any other residential lot, sims will NEVER autonomously clean up a dish that could be stored as leftovers, UNLESS they're already collecting dishes to clean up, in which case they may also pick up leftovers.
5. When cleaning up, sims will now collect 7 dishes maximum, in stead of 5 (one serving platter plus the six food dishes it should provide by default).
6. Sloppy sims and children may autonomously lick plates clean.

There's two versions of the mod in this archive:

BO - Food Dish Autonomy.package      : This is the standard version, do NOT use this if you have MogHughson's Simply Leftovers, because they will clash. This clash can not be resolved. The last mod to load will control how leftovers are handled. (see LOAD ORDER)

BO - Food Dish Autonomy-MogH.package: This is the alternative version, designed for use WITH MogHughson's Simply Leftovers. Do NOT use this if you don't have MogHughson's mod. HCDU *will* report a conflict, but this is an intentional LOAD ORDER issue! The latest version of Mog's mod (dated september 2010) *must* be present, and it *must* load *before* mine!

(Note: in previous versions, the 'MogH' version was named differently. Be sure to remove the old version, when you start using this new one)

Of course, you use only *one* of these two package files. Loading both is nonsense, and can only result in problems!

Update, August 3rd, 2011: As was recently pointed out, a bug was present in the MogH-compatible version. Sims on residential lots would clean up a freshly made meal, and call it "put away leftovers as single plates". This is not what I had in mind! Version 1.5 now addresses that issue!

If you're not using MogHughson's Simply Leftovers, you do NOT need to redownload yet, although I would advise you to (in case you change your mind later).

UPDATE, May 23rd, 2015 (mod filedate April 30st, 2012): Version 1.6 is a cleaned-up version that I meant to release three years ago, but did not get around to before my system broke. I cannot determine if this update fixes anything important other than just efficiency and filesize, so I'm not saying that one must re-download. UNLESS one encounters any kind of issues with the previous version, in which case that is my *first* advise. Because I *do* recall some people reporting problems long ago, but as long as I have been running this version, I have not seen any issues myself. So if you're not yet using version 1.6, in case of any issues I will not be able to offer any support other than "Oh my, I'm so sorry for your troubles...".

UPDATE, March 1st, 2016: It seems that I have mis-represented this mod's requirements. The minimal EP required is "Bon Voyage", not "Seasons" as I stated earlier. I'm deeply ashamed of this screw-up, for which I offer my most sincere apologies.

Download BO - Food Dish Autonomy at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 12:42:01 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Unlimited Sims
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2012, 06:57:26 AM »
Do you hate the 8-sims-per-lot limit? Most likely, you do!
Do you have LotFullOfSims installed to overcome that limit? Probably!

Now there's a better way: remove LotFullOfSims, and install this mod in stead!

It's tiny, it works for ALL games, and it does NOT conflict with ANYTHING!

Why would you want this one, if LotFullOfSims already works well enough? Well, for one thing, Unlimited Sims works with all games, and also with all versions of TwoJeffs' PregForAllGenders. And that's good, if you want to install the P4A - Alien Trigger Override :)

Any settings you may have in your UserStartup.cheat file to accommodate LotFullOfSims, are still useful for adding families from neighborhood view. So you can leave them where they are.

Download BO - Unlimited Sims at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:29:55 AM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Multi-PT #4 and #8
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2012, 06:58:15 AM »
Hey!!! Another Multi-PT mod? aren't there enough of those? Aren't they more or less all the same?

Yes, it's true, most Multi-PT mods are mostly the same, or have roughly the same effect. Yet I claim that this one is a tiny bit different when used with Alien Experiments v1.7 and up.

What makes this mod so special, is that it allows you to configure - in the "Misc Flags" BCON in Alien Experiments - what gender of Alien will impregnate your abducted sims.

For this to work properly, exactly half of your PTs must be male, and the other half must be female. If you have both of Fwiffo's multi-PT packs, and my Default Replacement PT - Aliena Impregnata (but any other FEMALE default replacement will do as well), then you can simply remove any old multi-PT mods, and start using the #8 version of this mod in stead. However, if you use different PTs, you must edit this mod to use the GUIDs of those PTs in stead of the ones I've put in.
Information on how to do that can be found in this thread.

If you have only Fwiffo's original mod, you can use the #4 version, but you still need a FEMALE default replacement for the original PT (like mine, as linked above)

If you already have your own collection of PT's you want to use, please read this tutorial on how to edit this mod to use your PTs.

NOTE: The important thing for gender selection to work correctly, is that the GUIDs of the males are inserted in the top half of the mod, and the females in the bottom half. And of course, you *must* have Alien Experiments v1.7 or better installed in your game! :)

If this mod is used *without* Alien Experiments, it will work like any other multi-PT mod, and does nothing special. However, do NOT use this mod with Chris Hatch' TelescopeFix, because it will most likely only use half of the PTs, and ignore the other half completely. There's nothing I can do about this, because it's the result of how Chris' mod works.

Download BO - Multi-PT #4 or #8 at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Spawn Objects
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2012, 07:00:13 AM »
Most likely you will recognize the following:

You've sent your sim(s) to a comm lot - for example any of the EA lots - that you forgot to edit (or haven't found the time, or didn't wanna bother, or just plain couldn't). Now suddenly, for whatever reason, you wish you had a SimBlender, a Teleporter Cat, a Batbox, or any other custom cheat object handy...

Of course, you can use the "boolprop dormSpecificToolsDisabled false" cheat to allow buying the object, but then you'll also have to remember selling it again, and all that stress...

Wouldn't it be cool to be able to just click the current sim, and spawn these things from a menu, with the ability to dismiss them when ready? One might still want to edit comm lots, but we wouldn't NEED to do so, only to add these cheat objects.

So, I've set out to create this mod which adds two new sub-menus to the "Adjust..." menu on the active sim (teen and older only), while on ANY comm lot.

Sub-menu 1 - "Spawn...":

This menu will allow the player to spawn any of 52 distinct custom cheat objects:
  • TwoJeffs.../SimBlender
  • TwoJeffs.../Static Energy Sculpture
  • TwoJeffs.../College Adjuster
  • Inge.../Simlogical Teleporter
  • Inge.../ijFormal Sign
  • Inge.../ijModesty Sign
  • Inge.../ijSwim Sign
  • Inge.../Column Hider
  • Inge.../Tree Hider
  • Inge.../Invisible Lights Controller
  • Inge.../ijMulti Hider
  • Inge.../ijMotive Defender (orig)
  • Inge.../ijMotive Defender v2 (SC version)
  • Inge.../PY2Plant (orig)
  • Inge.../PY2Plant (lessbad)
  • Inge.../Table & Counter Controller
  • Pescado.../FFS Clothing Tool
  • Pescado.../FFS Lot Debugger
  • Pescado.../Macrotastics
  • SimWardrobe.../Weather Controller
  • SimWardrobe.../Maximum Strength Disinfectant
  • SimWardrobe.../Mrs. Crumplebottom's Purse.
  • SimWardrobe.../Freeze Ray
  • SimWardrobe.../Stink Ray
  • SimWardrobe.../Disintegrator Ray
  • SimWardrobe.../Assault Rifle
  • SimWardrobe.../Phaser (TOS style)
  • SimWardrobe.../Phaser (TNG style)
  • Gnohmon.../Flamingo of Ecstacy
  • Gnohmon.../Flamingo of Contentment
  • Gnohmon.../Flamingo of Happiness
  • Merola64.../Wall Electronics Hider
  • Merola64.../Time Control Clock (ZW version)
  • Ja [BANG!].../AK-47
  • Ja [BANG!].../Death by Flies
  • Ja [BANG!].../Disintegrator
  • Ja [BANG!].../Dragunov
  • Ja [BANG!].../Freeze Gun
  • Ja [BANG!].../HK-G36c
  • Ja [BANG!].../M14
  • Ja [BANG!].../M16-M203
  • Ja [BANG!].../RobinsonXCR
  • Poses & Props.../Decorgal.../Custom Props Hack
  • Poses & Props.../Decorgal.../Custom Modeling Poses Hack
  • Poses & Props.../Julsfels.../Posebox 2 (Riding Poses)
  • Poses & Props.../NixNivis.../Sad Animations Hack
  • Poses & Props.../Tsukiko.../Parts Poses
  • Poses & Props.../Akihiro.../Walk-poses
  • Christianlov.../Sim Boutique Clothing Rack
  • BoilingOil.../Need Freak
  • CH & JSW.../Adjuster Bouquet
  • Treeag.../FreezerClock
Note: You do NOT need to have all these objects in your game... The menu will ONLY show the objects that you have in your Downloads folder.

Sub-menu 2 - "Delete...":

This menu will only be available if any of the above objects is present on the lot, and will allow you to remove those objects.

---

These menus will not be available for children, because children at comm lots are either unselectable visitors, or in the presence of an older family member.
They will also NOT be present on liveable lots (residentials, dorms, frat houses and apartments) because there you can BUY the objects form the catalog and place them permanently.

---

The zip contains TWO files. Put both of them in your downloads, IN THE SAME FOLDER, and do NOT rename them!
The first ("BO - Spawn Objects - Controller.package") contains the main code and an empty table (to prevent error if the data file is missing).
The second ("BO - Spawn Objects - Data.package") contains the table with the actual data for the objects that can be spawned.

The advantage is: if I add new objects to the list, you will only need to download a new data file, while the controller file remains the same!

UPDATE May 21st, 2015: A new data file (v1.03) is available, adding a new object - The Bottomless Bottle added in response to a request by @"Duine". The bottle is available from both the "Inge..." and the "BoilingOil..." sub-menus. You can have only one of these bottles in your game, but the game doesn't know which one you have, because they both have the same GUID and identical functionality. So it seemed proper to mention it in both menus.

If you're new to this mod, you only need to download the complete zip, which contains everything you need.
If you already have this mod and wish to upgrade it, you merely need to download the Data zip and overwrite the existing Data.package with it.

Happy simming!

---

Credits: I need to express my thanks to both AncientHighway and TwoJeffs. Without their suggestions, I could not have done this. Also, TwoJeffs is the 'original creator' of the "Adjust..." menu, which I borrowed for this mod. Thank you!

If anyone has any more suggestions for objects that they'd like added, please let me know. With the way I designed this mod, adding more objects to the list is a snap. REALLY!
All suggestions are subject to the following conditions, though:
- I need a link to the object, so I can download it. I must extract its GUID to include in the mod, and I must check if it spawn properly. If you don't give me a link, I simply can't add the object!
- The object must be placeable on the ground. I can't spawn objects that must go on tables or hang on walls. It's impossible, so don't ask...

You advised to check back here occasionally, in case I've uploaded a new data file with more objects :smile:

Download BO - Spawn Objects at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 05:18:23 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Phones for All
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2012, 02:22:24 AM »
Do you recognize this?

You tell your sim to call someone, and there's that friggin' message that the target sim has no phone, and that you can't call sims that have no phone.
Now you can either quit the current household, move into the target sim's household (if they have one) and buy them a phone, or you can use some cheats to get that sim over, and slip a cell phone in their pocket... Rather annoying, isn't it?

No more of that! Phones for All simply pretends that all teens and older that do NOT live at the current lot, own a cell phone. So, as long as the target isn't a child, and you know them, you can call them, ALWAYS! Whether they really have a phone or not!

NOTE: Since cell phones were introduced in the University EP, you need to have at least UNI or one later EP/SP installed for this mod to work. Base Game just won't cut it.

UPDATE: Februari 15, 2012: The initial version had a 'feature'; due to an omission on my part, it treated sims of the current family as if they ALSO had cell phones. This was nice when the sim was called, because you could see their butt ring, even if they did NOT have a cell phone. But it was not so nice when you wanted them to call someone, because they didn't actually have the device. Also, it prevented you from using cheats to actually give them a cell phone! The new version addresses this issue!

Download BO - Phones for all at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:26:58 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Kids & Pets Unattended
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2012, 11:27:16 AM »
Now all your sims can leave the lot and simply leave Babies, Toddlers and Pets unattended. Sims will not whine about not wanting to leave the little ones at home alone, and the Social Worker and the Animal Control Officer will stay away!

If you want your sims to behave irresponsibly, now you can!

With this mod installed, there is no need for the "No Animal Control" hack, nor for any hacks to keep the Social Worker away, because to me it made sense to build those in.

NOTE: The HCDU will report one single conflict with InTeenimater_B.package, but this is of no consequence! Load my mod last, and everything works fine!

UPDATE January 30th, 2012: Now walking to School/Work and going to comm lots by any means have finally also been made possible without the need for a Nanny or any other kind of baby-sitter. Let the trailer trash families expand!

UPDATE April 30th, 2012: Previous versions did NOT include going hiking or jogging. The newest version, however, DOES! Your sims may be irresponsible, but at least they'll be HEALTHY :D

UPDATE August 11, 2012: Lymangood reported an issue. If you do NOT have BV, FT, AL or M&G installed, sims can ONLY leave the lot by taxi cab. Using their own car  causes an error that - alas - can NOT be fixed. Only the mentioned EPs update the ownable cars so they support this option. There's nothing I can do...

Download BO - Kids & Pets Unattended at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 05:46:16 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Less Jump Rope
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2012, 07:54:48 AM »
If you don't like sims to autonomously jump rope as much as they do by default, then this mod is for you.
First of all, if you have Seasons installed, sims will NOT autonomously jump rope outside in winter. Also, when a sim decides to autonomously jump rope, they will ALWAYS use the highest difficulty setting available to them.
On top of that, you can configure which sims CAN or can NOT do it. The following are the settings available in the "Tuning - Autonomy Settings" BCON:

• Relaxed test - Males: if this setting is 0, males MUST satisfy AT LEAST ONE of the extra tests to be allowed to jump rope autonomously. If this setting is 1, sims that meet the Maximum age requirement can jump rope without further testing.
  • Relaxed test - Females: identical to the above, but only for females.
  • Maximum age: Sims older than this maximum MUST satisfy AT LEAST ONE extra test, while others may jump rope without further testing.
  • Extra tests:
  • --> If "Fitness enabled" is set to 1, any sim who either has Fitness as their predestined hobby OR has more than the set minimum Fitness enthusiasm, can jump rope autonomously. (Works only if you have FT)
  • --> If "Sports enabled" is set to 1, any sim who either has Sports as their predestined hobby OR has more than the set minimum Sports enthusiasm, can jump rope autonomously. (Works only if you have FT)
  • --> If "Activity enabled" is set to 1, any sim who has enough points in their Lazy/Active personality trait, can jump rope autonomously.

The Default settings allow female children to jump rope at any time, but requires everyone else to pass AT LEAST ONE extra test. Minimum Fitness and Sports enthusiasm are set to 6, minimum Activity is set to 5.

NOTE: For the minimum values mentioned above, it's important to remember that they are stored as values in the range 0 through 1000, where 1000 corresponds with 10 points in the sim's control panel. So if you want to set a minimum value of 6 points, for example, you use 600 for that setting in this BCON.

SPECIAL TRICK #1: If you set "Relaxed test" to 0 for both genders AND disable Fitness, Sports and Activity as well, this mod will completely block all autonomous Jump Rope interactions.
SPECIAL TRICK #2: If you set "Relaxed test" to 1 for both genders AND set the Maximum age to 4 (Elder), all extra tests will be bypassed, effectively disabling this mod and allowing everyone to jump rope at will (but NOT outside in winter).

Compatibilty: If you don't have at least AL, you will NOT need this mod, because your sims can't Jump Rope anyway.
Also, this conflicts with TwoJeffs' Play Sanity Fixes and similar hacks by others. For my mod to work, it MUST load AFTER anything it conflicts with!

Download BO - Less Jump Rope at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:00:01 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Less Dance on Toes
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2012, 08:04:30 AM »
If you don't like sims to autonomously Dancing on Toes as much as they do by default, then this mod is for you.
First of all, just like TwoJeffs' "No Dancing in Silence", this mod wil NOT allow the "Dance on Toes" interaction (not even user-directed) if there is no Stereo currently playing in the target sim's room. Also, if Seasons is installed, sims will NOT autonomously do this interaction outside in winter.
On top of all that, you can configure which sims CAN or can NOT do it. The foillowing are the settings available in the "Tuning - Autonomy Settings" BCON:

• Relaxed test - Males: if this setting is 0, a sim MUST satisfy AT LEAST ONE of the extra tests. If this setting is 1, male sims can Dance on Toes at will.
  • Relaxed test - Females: identical to the above, but only for females.
  • Extra tests:
  • --> If "Music & Dance enabled" is set to 1, any sim who either has Music & Dance as their predestined hobby OR has more than the set minimum Music & Dance enthusiasm, can dance on toes autonomously. (Works only if you have FT)
  • --> If "Activity enabled" is set to 1, any sim who has enough points in their Lazy/Active personality trait, can dance on toes autonomously.
  • --> If "Niceness enabled" is set to 1, any sim who has enough points in their Grouchy/Nice personality trait, can dance on toes autonomously.

The default settings allow females to autonomously dance on toes at any time, but requires males to pass AT LEAST ONE extra test. Minimum Music & Dance enthusiasm is set to 6, minimum Activity and Niceness are set to 5.

NOTE #1: For the minimum values mentioned above, it's important to remember that they are stored as values in the range 0 through 1000, where 1000 corresponds with 10 points in the sim's control panel. So if you want to set a minimum value of 6 points, for example, you use 600 for that setting in this BCON.
NOTE #2: Any of the tests ONLY apply to the sim who initiates the Dance on Toes interaction. The target sim is NOT affected by this mod, but will accept or decline according to standard Maxis rules.

SPECIAL TRICK #1: If you set "Relaxed test" to 0 for both genders AND disable Music & Dance, Activity and Niceness as well, this mod will completely block all autonomous Dance on Toes interactions.
SPECIAL TRICK #2: If you set "Relaxed test" to 1 for both genders, all extra tests will be bypassed, effectively disabling this mod and allowing everyone to dance on toes at will (but only in the same room as a working stereo, and NOT outside in winter).

Compatibilty: If you don't have at least OFB, you will NOT need this mod, because your sims can't dance on toes anyway.
Also, this mod MUST load AFTER anything it conflicts with! If you have TwoJeffs' "No Dancing in Silence", you can delete that, because it's already included in this mod.

UPDATE, Februari 14, 2012: A new Extra test is now available, allowing Outgoing sims to dance on toes, if they make pass the minimum Outgoingness level.
Also, a new option has been added to the Activity and Niceness settings: when these traits are set to be mandatory, they are no longer EXTRA tests. In stead, regardless of anything else, these minima MUST be met for the sim to even consider dancing on toes.

Download BO - Less Dance on Toes at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:42:55 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Ghost Busters (the mods)
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2012, 04:43:35 AM »
This is a set of two tiny mods:
  • Ghosts-Be-Gone alters the routine that determines whether a ghost should spawn to haunt the place. With this mod in place, ghosts should NEVER appear.
  • Grimmy-Be-Gone short-circuits the Grim Reaper. When someone dies, their Tombstone will appear immediately, without the whole GR game-show.

BEWARE: These mods are currently in testing! Although I don't think there's anything wrong with them, there is still the possibility that I missed something. Testing Ghosts-Be-Gone in particular is a time consuming business.

I'd be very grateful to anyone willing to try them and report their findings.

Download BO - Ghost Busters (the mods) at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Unbreakable Elevators
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2012, 11:42:01 AM »
Yes, I know: Squinge already made something like this. However, neither of his versions has ever been updated beyond Glamour Life. And according to Squinge himself, one of his versions isn't compatible with the OFB version of Inteen.

My version, though, is smaller, should work with any combination of EPs/SPs, and should NOT conflict with anything!

Elevators simply will not break anymore, EVER!

Safe simming!

Download BO - Unbreakable Elevators at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:55:18 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Smustle Limited
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2012, 08:04:06 PM »
The logic for this mod is identical to the logic for BO - Vacation-Actions Limited. That is to say:
  • Everyone can autonomously smustle as much as they like on Downtown lots.
  • Downtownies can autonomously smustle anytime, anywhere.
The MDF version is meant for those that want to use this with the added limitations of my Music & Dance Fixes mod.

NOTE: Of course, you use only ONE version at a time!

Credits: this mod is based on a suggestion made by rawmilk905. Thank you, Grass! :D

Download BO - Smustle Limited at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Immunity Controller
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2012, 03:22:21 PM »
Do *you* think:
  • Servos should be able to catch a cold? I don't!
  • sickness should affect Dead sims? I don't!
  • it's silly for Plantsims to be infected with Poison Ivy? I do!
  • Vampires ought to be immune? So do I!

So here's an alternative to Maxis' idea of sickness. With this file in your mods folder, Servos and Dead sims will NOT get sick, ever. (They both did, originally!)

And Zombies, Vampires, Werewolves, Plantsims and Witches will also be immune, but if you want any of those latter groups to still be able to get sick, you can make it happen. Just open the package in SimPE, and alter the relevant line in the BCON to read 0 in stead of 1.

That's all there is to it!

Update, April 11th, 2012: Two major failures fixed:
  • I failed to include a test for the presence of AL or M&G, and as a result of which errors would occur. FIXED.
  • Disease marker tiles would STILL affect sims that should NOT get sick. FIXED.

The second fix does pose a bit of a snag, though: there are now TWO BCONs, which BOTH must be altered, if you want a certain type of sim to still get sick.

Update, April 12th, 2012: And again, a major fail fixed: Testing the wrong variable will not cause the mod to work very well. Re-download is required. Sorry about that.

NEW: Now also (separately) available - Allergy Controller. Does for allergies what the Immunity Controller does for sickness, and also prevents hoverbots (even custom ones as available at SimWardrobe for example), from sneezing. Allergy Controller has its own BCON to configure allergies for your sims.

Happy, germ-free simming!

Download BO - Immunity Controller at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:45:01 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Less Toddler Annoyance
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2012, 07:54:38 PM »
I got annoyed by some of the stupid things sims will do, because Maxis logic isn't always... well... LOGICAL.
So several months ago I made this mod, and it's been in my game ever since. I had no intention of sharing it, unless someone started asking about such things. And now, here on Simbology, Orilon did. So here's BO - Less Toddler Annoyance.

If a Toddler hasn't at least learned to TALK, they can brabble all they want, but they can NOT autonomously ask for attention, food or a diaper change and hope others will understand them. They speak baby-talk!
But on top of that, there are some more requirements, being:
  • A Toddler needs to be potty-trained, to understand what's wrong about a dirty diaper. A toddler without this training, will NOT autonomously ask for a diaper change.
  • A Toddler's Hunger bar needs to begin turning slightly orange (-20 on a scale of -100..100), before they can ask for food.
  • A Toddler's Social or Hygiene bar needs to begin turning slightly orange (-20 on a scale of -100..100), before they can ask for attention.

Furthermore, because autonomous interruptions never work anyway, NOBODY will autonomously bother a Toddler for "Toss in Air", "Peek-a-boo" or "Huggle" if said toddler is already interacting with another sim or an object! Is the toddler dancing to the radio? Is it following a parent or singing a nursery rhyme by itself? Is it playing with any toy? If any of these is true, others will leave the kid alone unless you TELL them to disturb the rugrat!

And there's more: IF a toddler ever gets to be *allowed* to start asking for attention, food or a diaper change, it will ONLY bug the nanny, a household member OR a blood relative. And even then only if the toddler knows them well enough. Toddlers are a little scared of perfect strangers, and will NOT risk bugging them!

NOTE: HCDU *will* report a number of conflicts with mods such as TwoJeffs' "No Baby Toddler Swarming", or Pescado's "nobabyharrassment". This is perfectly normal. These other mods also do a lot of stuff that my mod does *not* conflict with. So if you load my mod last, you'll have the best of both worlds!

I like my game to make a little sense in my own way. If my way is yours too, then please, enjoy this mod.

UPDATE, April 14th, 2012: Because I originally never intended to upload this, and I have all EPs/SPs, I never cared to check if this mod was suitable for all configurations. Now I *have* checked, and it was NOT! The old version will ONLY work properly if you have AL or M&G installed, and maybe also with any of the multi-packs that are so popular nowadays. Otherwise, it WILL run into problems fairly soon! But now there's a new version that will work if you have at least NL or better installed.

UPDATE, May 20st, 2012: It's cute how toddlers will sometimes follow a parent around. Really, it is! BUT... NOT all day long! The only purpose the "Follow Parent" interaction serves, is to fill the rugrat's social bar. So what the hell is that bug doing, stalking mommy all day, even when her social bar is already at maximum??? Let them go *do* something with their time, even if they're not learning anything from it! So, here's an update that only allows Toddlers to "Follow Parent" when their social bar is below -50 (that's turning orange). Now only badly neglected kids will follow someone around!

And because I realize that this may not be useful for everyone, I've put it up as an alternative version; the NoFollow version. Enjoy!

UPDATE, November 26th, 2016: Ok, long time no see, but here he is again... lordtyger9 was running the game with BV as latest pack (on a Mac), and ran into an issue. Upon closer investigation, it appears that in 2012, when I updated the mod to run without AL/M&G, I omitted an update on the "Toss in Air" interaction.

As of today, that oversight is corrected, for both the normal and the NoFollow versions. The new releases will work if you have at least NL or better installed. However, they REQUIRE Cyjon's Smarter EP Check.

AL/M&G users do NOT need to re-download (although they still may)!

Happy simming!

Download BO - Less Toddler Annoyance at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:48:40 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Pick Another Toy
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2012, 10:15:18 AM »
And let's pick on Toddlers a little more... :P

How often don't we see that? Multiple toddlers in the household, and multiple toys to play with, but all toddlers exclusively want to play with the one toy that's already in use! And since they're autonomous, they can't HOPE to interrupt the one toddler that's already playing with it, so they all just sit there waiting!

Not anymore! With this mod in, toddlers will no longer try to play with any Peg box, Xylophone or Wobbly Wabbit Head that's already being used by another toddler.

UPDATE May 31st, 2012: RebaLynn1960 requested a similar mod for the use of potties. So there it is: BO - Pick Another Potty works exactly the same as the toy thingy, but only for Maxis potties. Alas, custom potties will be impervious to this hack; they would need to be hacked separately...

Another EAxoid stupidity nullified!

Happy simming!

Download BO - Pick Another ... at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:44:31 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Less Stupid Play
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2012, 06:37:44 AM »
This mod limits some stupid autonomous Play in the following manner:

"Red Hands" and "Rock Paper Scissors" will NOT be initiated by YAs, adults or elders, unless their Playfulness is 6 or higher. Also, whoever *does* initiate these games, will ONLY target children or teens.

"Show Off" will still only be initiated by children, of course, but they will NOT autonomously target anyone older than Teen.

"Swing Around" is a bit special: Children will NOT autonomously ask anyone older than Teen to swing them around. Anyone Teen or older may still autonomously initiate the Swing Around, but ONLY if both Active and Playful are 6 or above, and they're NOT visibly pregnant!

Your sims can still be DIRECTED to do any of these interactions, however.

Happy Simming!

Download BO - Less Stupid Play at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:43:35 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Stay Over Hack
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2012, 12:25:56 PM »
In an unmodded game, when one of your sims has become frineds with any service sim - like the maid, the nanny or the butler - that service sim will, at the end of their working day, start asking if your sim wants them to stay over.

Some people get annoyed by that question, and wish this to be automated.

So here's *my* take on this:
If the service sim has a good enough relationship with one of the waking residents on the lot, they will automatically stay until someone says goodbye!

In the above statement, the phrase good enough relationship means that the service sim must be in love with one of your playables, OR they must be best friends AND have a crush.
The phrase waking residents means that the romantic interest of this service sim must NOT be asleep at the time.

This mod was inspired by a question asked by bluegenjutsu.

Happy Simming!

Download BO - Stay Over Hack at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Skill while Tinkering
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2012, 06:22:00 AM »
If you have FreeTime installed, when sims are studying the Mechanical skill, they also gain Tinkering enthusiasm. Now that's all fine and dandy, but shouldn't it also work the other way around, so that while a sim is Tinkering, they gain more Mechanical skill?

Apparently NOT in the minds of the EAxians! But fortunately, AncientHighway came up with the solution: he wrote a mod - ah-tinkeringskillsmechanical - which added just that! However, when I put that mod in my game, any sim who had at least one point of Tinkering enthusiasm, would not be able to Tinker at all anymore: anytime when I ordered them to Tinker, they would just jump, and be reset!

So I opened up AH's mod, and investigated the issue. The search required me to investigate Skill- and Enthusiasm-gain in general as well, so I dove into the objects.package too. My search was successful: sims can now Tinker as much as they like, but they will not jump anymore!

Then I noticed something else: while this worked on kitchen appliances, bath tubs, showers, stereos and TVs, it did NOT do any good for sims tinkering with the Exerto 5000 Multipress Excercise Machine, any of the Hot Tubs, or the Modular Synth. They were simply never included in AH's mod. So I went on another mission, and included those into the mod as well.

So now I bring you BO - Skill while Tinkering. With this mod, whenever a sim is Tinkering, they will gain Mechanical skill.

NOTE: If you do NOT have FreeTime installed, there's no need for you to install this mod, because your sims won't be able to tinker anyway!

Happy Simming!

Download BO - Skill while Tinkering at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Residential Shopping
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2012, 09:27:47 PM »
This mod is based on loba's Community items in residential lot. They're very similar. However, there are a few important differences:
  • loba made their mod to allow sims to BUY stuff without leaving their homes. MY mod is intended to allow sims to SELL food, clothing, magazines and such from their home business.
  • loba's mod contains only a collection file. Mine contains TWO files, one for the Collections folder, and one for Downloads. BOTH are REQUIRED.
  • loba's mod stops working as soon as you have BV or later. Mine works with ANY EPs/SPs.
  • loba's mod does NOT change the objects themselves, but mine does. Alas, that means the objects will now have the CC star, which puts them at risk of being deleted if you're not careful. But that was necessary, which I'll explain in a moment. And I'll also provide a work-around, as suggested by mustluvcats :D
The explanation:

One or two expansions before BV was released, the EAxians 'fixed' a bug that allowed community lot items to be bought in residential lots. That bug is what loba exploited with their mod: a simple collection meant for residential lots, that contained a nunmber of comm lot items. The fix caused comm lot objects to be no longer available in BUY mode, but in BUILD mode they were still available from loba's collection.
Then, when BV was released, the EAxians had fixed the BUILD mode as well, so the objects from loba's collection would not longer be available at all!

The only way to fix that, is to alter the OBJD resources for these objects, to allow them to be available in residential lots as well. However, altering the OBJD resource also means that the object now gets the CC star, and thus you can now accidentally DELETE these objects. DON'T try that, though, because it may damage your game installation!
So, now there are TWO files: one contains the altered OBJD resources, and must be placed in your Downloads folder (putting it in "Overrides" didn't work for me), and the other is the collection, which should be placed in your Collections folder.

mustluvcats suggested a fix to prevent the CC star and the possibility of deletion. The fix entails placing the main file not in Downloads, but in the "TSData/Res/Catalog/Bins" subfolder of your latest EP/SP installation folder. It works in *my* game, so maybe it works in all! Thank you for suggesting this, MLC :love:

Note: There is one catch. My collection does NOT contain the decorative items such as shingles, because ever since OFB, these items can already be bought at home. This means, however, that if you do NOT have OFB (or later?), those objects may not be available to you. In that case, I'd advise you to get loba's mod in stead.

Enjoy, and happy simming!

Download BO - Residential Shopping at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:20:31 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Get Leftovers Fix
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2012, 11:06:42 AM »
Are you getting cheated out of your leftovers all the time? Are kids rushing in to clean up or steal the leftovers that your active sim is just taking out of the fridge? Is the butler being a bit over-enthusiastic about his job - to the point of becoming the main annoyance in the house -, making the food disappear out of your hands? But most of all...

ARE YOU GETTING SICK OF ALL THAT CRAP?

Well, you no longer need to be, because now I've done what the EAxians should have done a LOOOOOOONG time ago: I've enhanced the "Get Leftovers" BHAV to make leftovers inaccessible immediately after taking them out of the fridge, thereby blocking everyone else from meddling with it! THAT should teach them!

Yeah, I know: there's always Pescado's dontshootfood. Sure. I was sadly disappointed to find that it didn't stop the crap in *my* game, and I've heard of others who have the same issues, even with dontshootfood installed. It may be stopping something, no doubt, but it's not the leftovers being nicked!

My mod *does* protect leftovers, at least in *my* game. And I think it may work well for *you* too!

This mod does not serve any purpose, unless you have at least Seasons or one later pack installed. (Thanks go to ZephyrZodiac for identifying the pack that gave us Leftovers).

UPDATE August 12th, 2015 - As of today, I have decided to discontinue support for this mod. For the sake of my stats I will not remove the download, so if you wish to use it, go right ahead. But if you run into trouble, I'll recommend using Cyjon's No Food Theft in stead. It is shorter, much more elegant, and less likely to fail.

Happy simming!

Download BO - Get Leftovers Fix at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:02:22 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Less Feed Baby
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2012, 01:05:28 AM »
In the unmodded game, sims will bottle-feed babies as soon as the baby's hunger level falls below 50 on a scale of -100..100. Some people think this is way too often, especially considering that one bottle contains at least twice as much 'food' as that. And especially in poor households, 5 or 6 bottles a day at 3/bottle may be a bit steep, too!

So RebaLynn1960 suggested that we lower the threshold to something like -20. I looked at the data and code for bottle-feeding, and found that this was easy to do. In fact, considering how easy it actually is, I'm surprised something like this didn't already exist! So here it is!

This mod does NOT affect breast-feeding, but it *will* play nice with my BO - Feed Baby mod, lowering the number of times bottle-feeding of a baby will occur in case breast-feeding isn't available for that baby.

Since this mod affects a system that has been around since Basegame, it should be fine for all games. And if any other mod conflicts with this (I don't see how, since nobody else seems to have done something similar before), then load my mod last, and everything will be fine.

Credits: Thanks go to RebaLynn1960 for suggesting this to me.

Download BO - Less Feed Baby at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:45:39 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Curb All Auto Read-To
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2012, 12:49:12 PM »
Multiple versions of this mod already exist (I know Chaavik made a pair, available at Insim). But apparently, some people want *my* take on this. So here it is.

Very simply put, children and toddlers can no longer autonomously ask to be read to, and teens and older will not autonomously choose to read to the youngins either.

As a matter of compensation, Toddlers can now be directed to ask this (because originally, they couldn't).

Should work in ALL game configurations!

Credits: Thanks go to Nyxie for requesting this.

Download BO - Curb All Auto Read-To at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Sanitary Sanity
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2012, 04:23:27 PM »
There are two mods that I found very useful: TJ's Always Flush Toilets/Wash Hands and Squinge's Male Sims Pee Sitting.
The first makes sense, the second is only useful because sitting down to pee resets the glitchy arm after a sim had a mug of coffee AND it puts an end to the annoying xylophone-wee that little boys do...

But there was a problem: These two mods both change the same BHAV, so they can not be used simultaneously.

So I've combined both features into one mod: BO - Sanitary Sanity! Now ALL sims use the toilet sitting; they always flush, and neat enough sims (neatness 3 or more) wash their hands.

There are two versions of this mod: the normal version, and the No-Privacy (NP) version. The latter should stop most (but probably not exactly ALL) sims from shooing others out of the bathroom.

Download BO - Sanitary Sanity at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Multi-key Dorm-Doors
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2012, 01:17:23 PM »
I don't remember who asked about it, and when or where, but I *do* know someone once asked me if my BO - Remote Dorm-Doors worked with cathair2005's Myne door allows multiple sims. It does!

But while I was examining cathair's mod, I found that I don't really agree with their method. A sim should not be able to help themselves to the key of someone else's room! If your neighbor helped themselves to a key of your house, you'd call them a burglar and notify the police, if you don't shoot that neighbor yourself!

So, here's *my* implementation: BO - Multi-key Dorm-Doors. This mod also works just peachy with my BO - Remote Dorm-Doors, but - of course - NOT with cathair's mod.

How my mod works:
  • To give a sim a key, click on the outside of the door you want them to have a key of, and select "Keys.../Give key to.../<sim's name>"
  • To take back a key, click on the outside of the door you want to remove the key to, and select "Keys.../Take key from.../<sim's name>"
  • Only sims in the active family can give away keys or take them back. So a dormie made selectable, can NOT give other sims a key to their room!
  • Sims can ONLY give/take keys to rooms that they themselves have access to.
  • Sims can NOT remove any keys from themselves. This is to prevent you from accidentally evicting a sim by removing their key to their own room. That's what the 'Unclaim' interaction was meant for!

A bonus to my method is, that when you remove a key from a sim, they don't immediately lose ALL their dorm-door keys, but only the key that you took back! Cathair's mod uses the Maxis routine for removing keys, which isn't this courteous: it removes ALL keys at once, thereby effectively evicting the sim from whatever dorm they may have their room in!

Also, Cathair's mod wasn't really a mod. It's a complete replacement cloned from the original door! That's wasting a lot of space needlessly. Evidence: cathair's mod is 236kB in size, which is over 100 times as big as my take on it :D

Drawback: currently, my mod is English-only, and it will even force this language choice upon the default dorm-door options. If you play your game in a different language, please supply me with the correct translation for the following two menu options, and I'll update the mod to include your language! The menu options to be translated are:
  • "Keys.../Give key to..."
  • "Keys.../Take key from..."

UPDATE, June 11th, 2012: Added Swedish (thank you, NixNivis) and Dutch languages to the menu options.

UPDATE, June 19th, 2015: Added German translation, courtesy of bellaSquared.

UPDATE, March 15th, 2016: Added French translation, courtesy of Essa.

Of course, for this mod to do anything at all, you NEED to have UNI installed.
Enjoy!

Download BO - Multi-key Dorm-Doors at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:45:23 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Less Bust-A-Move
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2012, 12:03:48 PM »
Yet another attempt at setting some more sensible limits to one of the sims' interactions, this time we tackle 'Bust-A-Move'.

The EAxoids had set the following limits:
  • sims need to have at least level 6 in Dancing skill (makes sense, I wouldn't have it any other way)
  • every teen, adult or elder can do it, but adults and elders can NOT use this interaction towards a teen, though the other way around *does* work... WTF?
  • then, of course, there are some social eligibility checks, but those are not important.

In response to a request by Yetyak, I've imposed the following limits, all configurable in a BCON named "Social - Bust-A-Move limits":
  • "Enable Teen-Adult?" (0 = no, 1 = yes) determines if adults and elders are allowed to "Bust-A-Move" towards a teen.
  • "Minimal Active required" (default 300 on a scale of 0..1000, set to 0 if you don't want an activity limit) sets the minimal number of active points a sim must have to be able to do this. Lazy sims (less than 3 active points) will NOT autonomously Bust-A-Move.
  • "Minimal Outgoing required" (default 300 on a scale of 0..1000, set to 0 if you don't want an outgoing limit) sets the minimal number of outgoing points a sim must have to be able to do this. Shy sims (less than 3 outgoing points) will NOT autonomously Bust-A-Move.
  • "Maximum Fatness allowed" (default 666 on a scale of 0..1000, set to 1000 if you don't want a fat limit) sets how fat a sim may be and still be allowed to Bust-A-Move. Sims with their fitness in the lower one-third of the spectrum will NOT autonomously Bust-A-Move.
  • "Maximum Age allowed" (default = 3, 2 = teen, 3 = adult, 4 = elder) determines at what age sims can still autonomously do this. Elders are often too brittle-boned to risk such acrobatic moves, so I've set it to adult by default!

I've not touched the Dance-skill level requirement or the social eligibility checks, because I think those make sense as far as I understand them.

NOTE: This mod requires Cyjon's Smarter EP Check. It will not work properly without it!

So there you have it. This should do.

Download BO - Less Bust-A-Move at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Social Group Greetings
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2015, 08:16:57 AM »
High Five, folks. BO is back, delivering a new mod :)

Is this familiar to you?

A social group townie walks by, and you want your sim to get to know them and be friends with them (for example, because your sim craves new friends).
So you send your sim out to greet them. Now there are several scenarios:
  • You know this townie well, and remember which group they belong to, so you can go into the "Greet..." menu and pick the appropriate gesture.
  • Or you *don't* know the townie, and you'll have to guess/look it up.

Personally, I'd prefer my sims to be more intelligent than that. I want to forget about looking it up, order my sims to simply greet the walkby, and have THEM make an educated guess at how to go about it. However, I do *NOT* want to lose any special greeting options, such as the friendly hug, the romantic kiss and the smooch.

So I've gone and done something about it.

My idea is the following: if your sim is already friends with the walkby, they will greet them according to the level of their relationship: a friendly hug, a romantic kiss or a smooch as appropriate. But if they're not friends yet, the nature of the greeting will be determined by other factors in an attempt to speed up the relationship's growth.

Just to be nice and friendly, your sims *must* meet either of the following three:
Nice sims (7+ in Niceness) will wish to please the walkby by honoring their cultural stance and using the right gesture.
Charismatic sims (7+ in Charisma) have *learned* to think about the other sim's feelings, and will show off this ability.
Outgoing sims (7+ in Outgoingness) will just recognize this as an excellent opportunity to show off, period! (as of v1.01)

But to actually get it right, they also must have either one of the following two:
Serious sims (3- in Playfulness), having observed the people around them, instinctively know how to approach their target.
Logical sims (7+ in Logic) will want the intellectual satisfaction of having correctly determined the right gesture from subtle signals that the walkby emits.

So any sim who meets two requirements - one from each set - will use either an innate ability or a learned skill to select the correct gesture for their target sim, even if you simply chose the standard "Greet <person>", or when they are autonomous!

All others, however, will just mess about in the normal fashion, choosing the standard greeting. Also, the above does *NOT* apply to the special Vacation greetings introduced in BV, because those need to be learned first. (Cyjon has a mod for that!)

This mod *may* even affect how some of the social group townies respond to townies of other groups: not choosing their OWN gesture, but that of the other to confuse the heck out of innocent by-standers! :)
This also works quite well with Marhis' mod AL Social Groups for playables, although it does not (yet) check a target's inventory to find out if they have any of the Social Group supplies with them. I might add that in a future update, just like I might also add config options to change the requirements. Let's first see, though, if this is to anyone's taste.

UPDATE May 26th, 2015: Version 1.01 - Special feature! This mod could already load side-by-side with Marhis' AL Social Groups for playables without any conflicts, but that wasn't enough for me. So now  my (and your) sims can recognize Marhis' Social Group playables as I call them, too. But for those *custom groupies* to be included, you *must* have Marhis' mod installed! After all, I want her to get the rightful credit as well!
One little extra: because they are such Show Offs, Very Outgoing Sims (7+ in Outgoingness) no longer need to be Nice or have high Charisma to use this power.

NOTE: Because Social Groups are an Apartment Life feature, you should NOT download this mod, if you do NOT have AL.

Happy Simmimg!
Fake Out!

Download BO - Social Group Greetings at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:50:25 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - No Starvation
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2015, 05:30:34 AM »
Hi folks!

It has come to my attention that some people have reasons for not wanting their sims to EVER die of starvation! They don't care about the level of their sims' mal-nourishment, and whether or not they complain about it. Hunger should simply not be lethal!

Although I cannot agree with this reasoning, I *can* understand why some other people might want to. So when Mark93 made his request, I set out to help. It took me some sad, sad PHAILs to realise that the solution was in fact really dead (pun) simple, but here it finally is: I give you the ultimate cheat to prevent starvation among sims. Every time a sim is about to croak for lack of food, their hunger bar will be raised to the 5% full mark. Their tummy will still growl like a lion, but they won't die!

In the best of BO traditions, this mod has been designed to be the shortest and simplest solution, and still work in ALL versions of the game (maybe even in the Stories, though I will *never* give any guarantees about that), and it needs NOTHING ELSE! Simply drop it in your Downloads folder, and forget about it!

I cannot imagine anything *ever* conflicting with this mod, but if you *do* encounter any, just load mine last. Problem solved.

Happy Simming!

Download BO - No Starvation at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - No Met Self Memories
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2016, 12:55:34 AM »
Welcome my dear friend,

Here we are once again!

You know how sometimes suddenly your sim has a memory of having met themselves? Irritating, isn't it? It can apparently be created by several flawed scenarios, some of which are of Maxoid design. One seems to be when your sim tends bar, and there may be others that I'm not directly aware of.

Now there may be several ways to deal with this silly erroneous memory, but some are tedious, and others cause undesirable, unpleasant side effects. And then there is of course my No Trash Memories that will deal with it already. But THAT mod is not to everyone's taste.
Pescado's dramafix mod is supposed to fix it too, but dramafix affects how the Drama Professors behave. If you don't want the Profs to be affected, dramafix just isn't the right fix for you!
Also, I've already heard from people who didn't have Uni, that dramafix breaks their game. What, because they have no professors, they needn't fix the "Met Self" memories???

So a new dedicated fix is needed: one that simply prevents the "Met Self" memory to be generated, regardless of how it was caused. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing but. And that is what I offer here. I will point out that this mod will NOT destroy any "Met Self" memories that already exist in your game - you will have to use other means for that - but it WILL prevent new memories of this type from being added to any of your sims.

Note: this mod conflicts at least with aforementioned No Trash Memories, but then NOBODY needs both of these mods together.

Have fun, my friend.

Happy Simming,
- BO -

Download BO - No Met Self Memories at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 08:07:11 PM by BoilingOil »

anything