Author Topic: BoilingOil's Mods - the listing  (Read 166841 times)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
BoilingOil's Mods - the listing
« on: January 20, 2012, 03:59:36 AM »
Hi, this is where you'll find all the mods I have been - and will be - making for TS2. Or that is: you'll find links to the post that describes each mod, and contains an external link to the actual download on Leefish.nl.

You can just visit my Leefish profile, and start from there! OR you pick the mod from the list below, and click the link directly to it:

Alien Abduction related modsBaby and Toddler related modsCleaner GameplayGardening and Fishing related modsBusiness related modsPersonal FavoritesMiscellaneous mods, in alphabetical order
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 06:58:36 AM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Multi-PT set - Tyronean Fleet
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 03:59:50 AM »
For once, I wanted to do something completely different: I've created my own set of PTs! The archive contains the following:
  • A female replacement for the default Pollination Technician, named Aliena Impregnata.
  • Seven extra PTs: three females, and four males.
  • A copy of my Multi-PT #8 mod, adjusted to work with the above PTs.
These PTs are all of the same race, which means there are no custom skins used. They all use the default Alien skin, or a default replacement skin, if you have one. The pictures below show them with Calalily Sims' IRIS skin, which can be found at The Sims2 Graveyard - click "Downloads", then "Calalilysims", then "Genetics" and then go to page 5 to find them.
All these Aliens are either blonde or red-haired, so the Abductee's hair color has a great chance to appear on your Alien babies.

These are the females:

Aliena Impregnata (top) and Syrianna Impregnata (bottom).

Miria Talana (top) and Lelestra Entassah (bottom)

And these are the males:

Jossan Ronarran (top) and Larro Arrameno (bottom)

Rytiro Taranos (top), and Zebreno Zebulon 27 (bottom)

Rytiro Taranos suffers from a slight deformation, which is attributed to a random mutation: his ears aren't pointy as they should be :cry: As a result, his peers sometimes refer to him as 'the mutant' or 'the freak'.

This set *should* work with all versions of the game, from Base Game all the way through Mansion & Garden Stuff.

Simply unpack this zip in your downloads folder, and everything should work.

Some special notes:
  • There is NO need to download Aliena Impregnata and the Multi-PT #8 mod separately, because they're already a part of the set.
  • If you have another Multi-PT mod (even my own), you MUST remove them and replace them with the one in this archive.
  • If you already have another Default Replacement PT, you need to remove them as well, unless it's my Aliena Impregnata or another FEMALE that you would rather use.
  • Other custom PTs installed in your game, will no longer be used. It's safest, however, to leave them in your downloads folder, UNLESS you are sure they have not fathered any children.
  • When used in combination with Alien Experiments v1.7, this set allows you to select the gender of the Alien father by setting the appropriate options in AE's BCONs.
  • Do NOT use this set in combination with Chris Hatch' TelescopeFix, because it will NOT work properly. The TelescopeFix prevents the females from ever being selected as the father for your alien children.
  • This mod WILL work properly with the option "Pregnancy.../Have baby with.../Aliens" on TwoJeffs' SimBlender, although the Blender will NOT allow you to choose a gender. They wll all be used at random.
Happy Simming!

Download BO Multi-PT set - Tyronean Fleet at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:51:14 AM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - NoLecherousDramaProfs
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 04:03:31 AM »
Ever ran into the Drama Professors? They love everyone at first sight, and hate it when their affection isn't reciprocated. Nobody would want such lechers to teach their children anything!

As requested by Zirconia Wolf, lecherous sims no longer exist once you've installed this patch. Obviously this mod requires UNI, since without that there ARE no lechers.

Download BO - No LecherousDramaProfs at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:12:00 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Vacation-Actions Limited
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 04:04:43 AM »
I've been brooding about this for a long time, but now it's finally there: BO - Vacation-Actions Limited

Update: first, and hopefully only, bug fixed. Please redownload!

This mod limits autonomous vacation actions in the following way:

Vacation actions can ONLY be done autonomously if the sim is in the correct vacation sub-hood.
But, there is an exception: the vacation locals are NOT restricted in this way, as long as they perform the actions belonging to their OWN sub-hood. That means that:
  • a Mountain-dweller can autonomously do the Chest Pound or the Slap Dance regardless of where they are.
  • an Islander can autonomously do the Hang Loose, the Hula Dance or the Fire Dance OR sing the Sea Chanty at any place or time.
  • an Easterner can autonomously do a Bow or perform Tai Chi OR tell the Dragon Tale at their leisure.

It is important to note that if any of these interactions needs to be learned, or requires a special object in inventory, this is STILL true for the locals. Only the location restriction is lifted.

Of course, your sims can still do all these things when you tell them to.

I find that the logical way to deal with these actions :)

NOTE 1: If you're using my Music & Dance Fixes, you should download the MDF version. This version must load AFTER the the Music & Dance fixes. HCDU will STILL report conflicts, but those are intentional.

NOTE 2: Either version of this mod makes Dizzy-hula-fix2 and Dizzy-slap-dance-fix2 totally redundant... you can remove those.

Of course, you use only ONE version of this mod! Putting both in your downloads is asking for problems.

Update, April 5th, 2012: the Dragon Tale, the Sea Chanty and the Fire Dance were added courtesy of rawmilk905, who supplied me with some welcome information. Thank you, rawmilk905!

Download BO - Vacation-Actions Limited at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:03:45 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Social - Kiss Cheek
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 04:05:50 AM »
A purely non-autonomous replacement for aliasthepal's Kiss... Cheek - interaction, that does NOT cause the "DEBUG - Super Duper Hug" issue, and in fact actively destroys that bug if another mod causes it in your game. Sims will not start autonomously family-kissing obvious non-family-members. Close to a dozen languages directly supported.

Update, April 30, 2011: Several people have reported (and I've noticed it myself as well), that in many cases with this mod installed, sims will just stand around a lot, doing nothing except causing the game to lag. It took me a while to figure out, but I've now eliminated that undesirable side effect!

Do you have this mod? Do your sims suffer from indicisiveness as to what they should be doing? Then please re-download and solve the problem once and for all!

Update, June 5, 2011: For those who use either version 2.05 or later of No Sim Loaded or Aaroneous' Sim Manipulator (WITH the SimMenu-AddOn), or both, and therefor don't need another mod to kill the "DEBUG - Super Duper Hug", there's now also a lean version of this social. Multiple mods killing this hug isn't really a bad thing, but it does waste time and memory...

Update, September 17, 2011: If one plays with the "controlpets" cheat active, this mod caused lots of errors... Version 1.02 fixes that! Thanks to Arathea for catching that one and testing the update for me.

Update, March 21st, 2016: Four and a half years ago, when 'fixing' the controlpets bug, I introduced another horrible error. It's now - 4.5 years later - because ihatemandatoryregister made a sideways mention of it in a comment, that I suddenly realised that - as author of the mod - *I* had not seen the interaction show up for a long time, either. So I investigate, and what do I find? In stead of testing for Human species, I tested for Big Dog species. So all this time, nobody ever had the Kiss.../Cheek interaction available. And yet nobody ever reported this problem! Anyway, now it is finally fixed, and I have verified that it works properly at last!

Download BO - Social - Kiss Cheek at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 09:17:20 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Step-family Romance
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 04:07:01 AM »
This quick and dirty hack, as requested by arathea, causes step-family to no longer be recognized as such. The effect is that sims can now have romantic relationships with step-family. May have a similar effect on in-laws. The negative side effect is that sims can no longer Encourage their step-children. Other parental interaction based on the step-family check will also be broken. There's no way around that, alas. Theoretically, this should work for all games, but that's not properly tested yet...

UPDATE June 4th, 2015: An alternative (alt) version of this mod is now available for testing!
Just like the original, this version will ignore the relations between step-siblings. As far as the game understands it, with this mod step-siblings are just perfect strangers to each other, and can get as romantic amongst themselves as they like!
But un-like the original, this version is supposed to still recognize step-parent/step-child relationships, so a sim will still be able to encourage their step-children (or any other parenting options that might depend on this test). This also means that romance between a sim and their step-parent or step-child will NOT be possible.
But remember: this alternate version is not yet tested, so - although I anticipate no issues - I can not yet guarantee that it works properly for all games.

Download BO - Step-Family Romance at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 03:25:56 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Stay Late
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 04:08:10 AM »
I recently ran into Gnohmon's mod named "StayLate", and thought that was a good idea. Until I sent one of my sims to a Secret Hobby Lot in the middle of the night, that is! Because once my sim arrived, everyone else immediately left, INCLUDING the Hobby Leader!

So, that was not so marvellous! Therefor, I set out to make my own take on this mod, and here it is: BO - Stay Late!

Dates and Outings are not influenced by this mod, nor are comm lots in general and Hobby lots in particular.

On residential lots, however, things are considerably different from the default, as this mod allows non-residents to stay longer, according to the following very simple rules (in order of descending priority):
  • Vampires will stay around until 5 AM. Then they split in order to be home before dawn.
  • Townie Children who have NOT been invited to sleep-over, leave after 8 PM.
  • Playable children who have NOT been invited to sleep over, will be picked up by their parents as usual. If the parent(s) came *with* the children, the whole family leaves, unless they've all been invited to stay. (*)
  • Anyone else who has NOT been invited to stay the night, leaves when all residents are asleep.
  • Anyone who HAS been invited to stay the night or to sleep-over, will ONLY leave if they're in motive distress and can NOT resolve it as guests on the current lot.

(*) Point 3 was added due to a report by deerparker, to whom I grateful for letting me know of their findings.

If there's a home business, and the shop is currently open, teens and older visitors may stay or go as they please.

Requires NightLife or better. This mod really is NO GOOD with BaseGame or Uni only.
Of course, this mod conflicts with Gnohmon's mod... you need only one! If this conflicts with something else, please let me know!

Obviously, this conflicts with TwoJeffs' Visitor Controller. It has been said that users of the VC don't NEED this mod. But if you *do* want them both, my mod should load last, or it won't work at all.

Download BO - Stay Late at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:13:36 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Shoppers Respect Privacy
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 04:09:55 AM »
It always bugged me to no end, when I locked certain areas on a comm lot, or a home business, that during opening hours some visitors would materialize, and head straight for some object in the locked area, being stopped by nothing!
No locked door would ever prevent them from reaching the target they were set to reach.

Well, from now on, that's no longer the case! During opening hours of your business, sims can come and go as they please, but they will NO LONGER pass locked doors! Your private rooms are yours again!

Download BO - Shoppers Respect Privacy at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:13:59 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Better or No Lost Friend Notifications
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 04:18:22 AM »
It's easy to get fed up with the flaky 'Lost Friend' notifications. Many of us just don't want to hear about every single friendship that deteriorates.

For those people, I've now created "No Lost Friend Notifications". With this mod installed, there will be no further warnings of lost friends or lost Best Friends.

And others are sick of "'sim a' is no longer a family friend. A little interest and contact goes a long way. Maybe it's not too late to repair the relationship and get it back to friend status.", because it doesn't tell you which sim of the current household was their friend. They would like to know which of their sims should improve their relationships, and that can be hard to find out in a large household where several members have 200 or more acquaintances.

For those people, I created "Better Lost Friend Notifications". This mod will replace the stupid text with "'sim a' is no longer friends with 'sim b'", a much better notification which the Maxoids had already built in, but never used!

NOTE: These two mods conflict with each other. Do NOT use them together, but pick only one.

Update, August 18, 2011: "Better Notifications" is STILL very buggy, and I can't seem to find a way to fix it... I'll keep looking though.

"No Notifications" works perfectly, though!

Made in response to MaryH's request. Enjoy!

Download BO - Better or No "Lost Friend" Notifications at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:21:50 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Sellable Car
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 04:20:21 AM »
This mod (as per ZephyrZodiac's request) adds the option "Sell for 5,200" to the pie menu of the Restorable Car. This option remains available as long as the car is still worth 5,200, and will add the profits to the sim's personal wealth. Currently only works properly in Dutch, English and German versions of the game. Other translations can be added on request. Please supply me with the proper text, if so desired.

NOTE: Alas, AncientHighway's Restorable Car recolors will render my mod totally meaningless. AH's mods are actually a complete functional replacement for the original restorable car, and as such will NOT show the SELL option. There's nothing I can do about this. It's either his beautiful colors or my sell-option, but you can't have both. I'm terribly sorry about this.

Update, July 31st, 2011: Important note for Inteen users: You need the Inteen version of this mod. This version NEEDS to load AFTER Inteen!

Download BO - Sellable Car at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Music & Dance Fixes
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 04:23:37 AM »
This is a mod I mainly made for my own use. But when I mentioned it on Simbology, people wanted to know where to get it. It's a compilation containing:
  • Cyjon's DanceNearStereo and NoHomeBuskers
  • Dizzy's Hula, Slap dance and Smustle fixes
  • Marhis' TipJarPickup mod
  • TwoJeffs' BuskerTippingHack.
This works miracles:
  • No autonomous Hula, Slap-dance or Smustle. And if these dances are performed, it must be NEAR the stereo.
  • No autonomous performances at home lots.
  • No endless waiting for sims to pick up their tipjar...
  • Tippers move on after dropping their cash.
And if you run this in combination with Cyjon's PracticePerformChanges, you also get:
  • No autonomous use of the instruments in Dorms, unless a playable is already performing, in which case dormies will JOIN.
  • All other goodness that comes from PracticePerformChanges (of course).
For now, I've set the requirement to Bon Voyage, but maybe this mod will even behave well with less. On the other hand, perhaps it would cause problems if you don't have at least FreeTime. Although I doubt that. Please let me know if you run into issues, and I'll investigate.

Credits: this mod wouldn't exist, if it weren't for the work that Cyjon, Dizzy, Marhis and TwoJeffs have done. I just put them all in one package, and maybe solved some minor conflicts which probably could have been settled with load order. I deserve no credit for this.

Update, July 23rd, 2011: Plugged a hole in the smustle, hula and slap dance routines, so autonomy should now TRULY be stopped :) Thank you, Sleepy, for reporting this issue.

Download BO - Music & Dance Fixes at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Gnome Hack
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 04:24:46 AM »
This is an alterative for Monique's Relationships Panel Remover, and it uses the code Monique developed. The only change is, whereas Monique cloned the Kozy Kitsch Gnome, I've grafted her code onto the Maxis object itself. The only advantage is: this is much smaller: only 10% of the original object.

NOTES: this is the Pets version. I'm not sure if it'll work properly without Pets installed. If a non-Pets version is required, let me know, and I'll make one.
I can also supply a version that adds the same functionality to the Chicken as well. Let me know if you want that one.

CREDIT: Thanks go to Monique for the original idea. Except for a minor detail, this is *NOT* my work. Thank Monique, not me!

Download BO - Gnome Hack at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Numbered Business Ranks
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 04:25:48 AM »
Did you like Phaenoh's Level Numbers added to Job Titles mod? Were you looking for something similar for your owned businesses? Look no further, because it's here!

With this package installed, when you view a business' info screen, in Neighborhood View or anywhere else, you not only get a title like "Shoddy shop" or "Visionary Vending Venture", but you also get the level number associated with that rank.
Some of the ranks and titles are rather longish in different languages, causing rank numbers to get truncated, so I put the level number in brackets BEFORE the title.
So you might see something like "(-2) Shoddy Shop" or "(10) Visionary Vending Venture"

BUT BEWARE:
If you already have a mod for more or different townie names (Live.package) like my BO - Names, you'll have a little issue. This new package is ALSO named Live.package.

The problem is: neither of these packages can be renamed! Once you rename either one, that package stops working! So, if you want to continue using both of them, they must each be stored in a separate sub-folder under your Downloads. So, for example, put your names file in a folder named "Names" and this Business Ranks package in a folder named "Business Ranks", and everything will be fine. There's NO other way to solve this problem!

Happy simming!

Download BO - Numbered Business Ranks at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:59:33 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Moody Birds
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 04:27:27 AM »
A fix for another Maxis annoyance, based on a request by ZephyrZodiac. Sims usually play far too long with the bird, before they put it away. And if you interrupt their play, they NEVER close the cage! With this fix, it will no longer take NINE frickin' hours for the bird to get moody enough to bite your sim. Within two hours, the sim gets bitten, puts away the bird, and shuts the cage. It may take a while for the bird to lose the cranky attitude again, but I have no idea how to change that, yet. There's also a version with less biting chance, if the original is too moody for your taste...

Obviously, this mod requires Pets to work!

Works well together with worf_84's Close_Cage_When_Done

Download BO - Moody Birds at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - SW_PetBedsSatisfyWants
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 04:28:48 AM »
These are the meshes from Paladin's single-tile pet beds, but now corrected to satisfy "Buy a Pet Bed" wants. Made in response to a request by ZephyrZodiac.

Download BO - SW_PetBedsSatisfyWants at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Random Job Offer
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 04:29:53 AM »
In real life, the number of Job offers isn't the same every day, so why would they be in-game? It doesn't make sense. So, in response to a request from ZephyrZodiac, I created 'BO - Random Job Offer'. This mod will cause the number of jobs available to be randomized in the following manner:

A new Lot-based Token was created that holds a random value. Every morning, when the newspaper is delivered, that Token is destroyed. The first sim to look for a job that day, will cause a new random number to be rolled and stored in the token. All subsequent Job searches on that lot during that day, will all use that number to determine how many jobs are available.

For computer:

0 jobs:  40%
1 job: 17.5%
2 jobs: 12.5%
3 jobs: 11%
4 jobs: 10%
5 jobs: 9%

For newspaper:

0 jobs: 50%
1 job: 21%
2 jobs: 16%
3 jobs: 13%

The percentages are rough estimates...

This should work with FT or better. No guarantees if you don't have at least FT, though...

Update Jan 21, 2011: AncientHighway was correct; a "no more jobs" dialog would appear if sims were just READING the paper. I forgot to include a test to bypass the job-counter if sims are simply reading. In version 1.1, this PHAIL has now been corrected. Redownload is recommended.
Extra: There's now also the EQO version: EQO stands for EQual Opportunities, and it means that in newspapers there's 25% chance of no jobs, 25% chance of 1 job, etc. For computers, the chances are 16.6% each.

Download BO - Random Job Offer at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:00:06 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - PhoneCheckFix
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 04:31:28 AM »
This mod is useful for everyone who uses an AL compatible version of  Pescado's phonehack. With this fix, you can call all townies, downtownies, vacation tourists, service NPCs, Garden Club members and Hobby leaders, whether they have a phone or not! This was as Maxis had originally intended it, but alas, Pescado's otherwise very useful mod broke it.

Of course, for this one to work properly, it must load AFTER Pescado's mod ;)

NOTE: If you've already downloaded the Phone Make-over, then you do NOT need this one, as it's included!

Download BO - PhoneCheckFix at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - PlanMaternityOutfit-GLOBAL
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 04:43:36 AM »
Your sims don't need to be wearing their outerwear for you to Plan a different outerwear. The same for swimwear or anything else. EXCEPT Maternity outfits. No more of that!

BO - PlanMaternityOutfit-GLOBAL v1.2 - allows you to set up your sim's pregnancy wear, even while they're not pregnant yet. Works for all game configurations with OFB or better and a Pregnancy-wear-any-outfit mod (required).

This mod will show a conflict with Inteen. Do not be alarmed about it. Just as long as you make sure my mod loads last, everything will work out just fine!

This may not work with some custom dressers/armoires!

Download BO - PlanMaternityOutfit-GLOBAL at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Realistic Gardening in 5 parts
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 04:44:40 AM »
Part 1 of the "Realistic Gardening" series. As per request by lovestainedheart, this mod kills the Fresh Food bonus on ALL foods containing fresh ingredients. Previously prepared food will immediately lose their bonus, and newly prepared food never gets the bonus. Away with those sparklies! This mod obviously requires at least Seasons!

---

Part 2 of the "Realistic Gardening" series. Inspired by a question by ZephyrZodiac, this mod is best to be used in combination with BO - NoFreshFood! It changes the yields of all fruit trees, to give 40 units per harvest. It also changes Apples to be no more nutricious than Lemons and Oranges, and it alters their prices to conform to normal food: 2 per food point.

Additionally it changes the prices for all other produce to the same standard. Enjoy!

---

Part 3 of the "Realistic Gardening" series. It brings the sales prices of Fish down to where the most expensive fish (a mounted Golden Trout) earns you 144 in stead of 691.

Fresh Fish prices:
  • Bass : small 32, Jumbo 48 (was 33/61)
  • Catfish : small 40, Jumbo 60 (was 49/124)
  • Trout : small 48, Jumbo 72 (was 87/221)
  • Golden Trout: 96 (was 518)
The mounted versions:
  • Bass : small 48, Jumbo 72 (was 44/81)
  • Catfish : small 60, Jumbo 90 (was 65/165)
  • Trout : small 72, Jumbo 108 (was 116/295)
  • Golden Trout: 144 (was 691)

---

Part 4 of the "Realistic Gardening" series, this one is ONLY useful if you also have Paladin's Produce-Packing-Station. This is a biggie (over 2MB)! If you're playing your game with my previous two mods (NoFreshFood! and MoreRealisticYields), then you'll also want this one. It corrects the station and crates to a price setting more in line with normal food: a crate of Eggplants will sell for 240, Cucumbers, Strawberries and Pole Beans for 160, and the others for 80 a crate. That's still 2/food point, pus 11% extra for packing them. For this mod to work, you'll still need the original from SimWardrobe, but 10 of the original 11 files must be overwritten by mine. Happy Sim-gardening!!

NOTE: if you use this, do NOT also install the Apples correction that I released earlier. It's not needed, and in fact even counter-productive.

---

The 5th and last part of the "Realistic Gardening" series. Same as for Paladin's Produce-Packing-Station, but now for fish. You still need the original from SimWardrobe, but 8 of the 9 files in that package would need to be overwritten by mine.

With this mod, crates now sell at the following prices:
  • Small Bass: 213, Jumbo Bass: 319
  • Small Catfish: 266, Jumbo Catfish: 400
  • Small Trout: 319, Jumbo Trout: 480
  • Golden Trout: 639

---

Download BO - NoFreshFood at Leefish.nl
Download BO - MoreRealisticYields at Leefish.nl
Download BO - LowerFishPrices at Leefish.nl
Download BO - SW-Produce-Packing-Station-Update at Leefish.nl
Download BO - SW-Fish-Packing-Station-Update at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - SW_Produce-Packing-Station-Apples-Correction
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 04:46:34 AM »
A modification of Paladin's Produce Packing Station, that correctly calculates the price of a crate of Apples. Requires the original from SimWardrobe to work, but one of its files needs to be overwritten by mine.

NOTE: You do NOT need this correction if you're using the update from my Realistic Gardening series!

Download BO - SW-Produce-Packing-Station-Apples-Correction at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Customized Compost Bin
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 04:47:36 AM »
With this mod, the Compost bin will now hold 50 units in stead of 30, the rate at which trash is composted has been lowered by 25%, and Compost can now be sold for 5 per unit (7 if the active sim is a member of the Garden Club). Additionally, the bin's contents will now be shown in the pie menu. Enjoy!

Update, April 6th, 2012: After finding and installing Monique's Auto Tending Compost mod, I found that the original customization wasn't enough anymore; trash stacks up so fast, that you need more capacity, and faster processing. So now there's also a "x2" version, which holds double the amount, and works twice as fast. This new bin holds 100 units, and converts a unit of trash to compost once every 4 hours.

NOTE: You can have only one of these mods in your downloads folder; they both change the same files to alter the properties of the original Maxis Compost Bin, so they conflict with eachother.

Download BO - Customized Compost Bin at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:14:35 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Landlords No Gardening
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 04:49:13 AM »
Arathea requested that landlords/-ladies were stopped from messing with her crops. I've tried several things, which she tested for me, but only one method really worked without causing any problems: preventing the land-lords/-ladies from doing ANY gardening.

This mod takes care of it: when it comes to gardening, landlords/-ladies will now ONLY check if there are any passed-out plantsims who need to be revived. All other garden-related tasks are suppressed.

Since landlords/-ladies come with AL, this mod is useful ONLY for AL users!

Download BO - Landlords no Gardening at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
Pixelhate's FullPoster Wall Overlays revised
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 04:52:19 AM »
It has been almost 4 years since Pixelhate first published his FullPoster Wall Overlays (MTS link). When I first ran into them, I was overjoyed: they made a new level of detail possible! Fantastic...

However, as time passed, I run into some details that I didn't agree with, and set out to change those.

• The overlays were sold at 30, but were mostly used for adding cracks, smudges and filth to walls... things that would normally LOWER the value of a lot. So I changed the price. I made them FREE.
  • The overlays had a room score of 1. Now I had made them free, I didn't like them improving the environment for my sims. A smudge or crack wouldn't do that... So I removed the room score.
  • As wall hangings, the overlays are considered art-work: sims will view them, comment on them, and approve or disapprove of them as if they were precious works of art! A damaged wall doesn't deserve such attention... So I found out how to disable that!

I've relayed my findings to Pix, and found out that he actually agrees with me, and thinks these changes should be available to everyone. However, since he isn't presently in a position to make the changes, test stuff and publish them, he has allowed me to host them for the time being.

So without further ado: here are updated versions of the 1-tile and 2-tile FullPost Wall Overlays, in separate files.

For those who want to learn how to make such changes themselves: a wiki article is available here.

Copyrights of this upload belong to Pixelhate, whom I thank for his original idea, and for his support in republishing this.

Happy Simming!

Download Pixelhate's FullPoster Wall Overlays revised at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - No Animal Control
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 04:53:36 AM »
We don't all play the game the way EA/Maxis intended it; sometimes we change the rules and create ourselves some new challenges. If such a challenge involves playing a house with ONLY children, then suddenly, one can no longer have pets. They get taken away by the Animal Control Officer, regardless of how well the pet is cared for!

I found out why: there's no human sim of teen or older age present! So now, in response to a request by MysteryIslandKid, I changed the rules to accept even children (but not toddlers) as suitable caretakers. The ACO will come no more... at least not for THAT reason ;)

Download BO - No Animal Control at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Quick Bedmaking
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 04:54:39 AM »
Normally, only lazy adult sims will make the bed very quickly, but even then ONLY when they're about to relax on it. All others will waste a lot of time fiddling around.

With this mod, things are a little different: ALL sims will ALWAYS waste as little time as possible. They simply pull up the sheets, and that's it!

I assume that this mod will work for all configurations. If it doesn't work for you, please let me know which EPs/SPs you have, and I'll see what can be done.

Also, I don't know if there are any conflicts with other Bedmaking mods. If you encounter problems, use HCDU to find out if there's a conflict involving this mod, and let me know about it.

This mod was created in response to a request by CrabOfDoom.

Download BO - Quick Bedmaking at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:01:31 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Remote Dorm-Doors
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 04:57:43 AM »
When you send a large group of sims to University, and house them in a dorm, you'll be in trouble... You want them all to claim a room BEFORE the Dormies start rolling in, but have you ever tried to navigate 8 sims to their proper rooms when there's only one or two staircases? They all stumble over each other, blocking paths, complaining about being blocked and not getting anywhere...

As requested by arathea, dorm-doors can now be remotely claimed/locked/unlocked/unclaimed. No more sims running 5 miles uphill, against the wind both ways, in a blizzard to get to the desired room: simply claim your spot while still standing by the mail-box ;)

Pause your game, select each sim in turn and have them claim their room. Then unpause for a moment, pause again, and you can all have them lock their rooms REMOTELY (if you don't want dormies to set up camp there). An hour sim time is now MORE than enough to house them all.

Be aware: once the Dormies start pouring in (after one sim hour), they have the same remote ability!

Download BO - Remote Dorm Doors at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - No Naked Emitters
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 04:59:06 AM »
Yeah, I know, a similar mod already exists. But I also know that that mod is only available from an adult-rated site (Sexysims 2), and that it's not very smart, as it waits for the Naked Emitter to be created and then tells it to self-destruct!

So here's another take on that: with my mod, the Naked Emitter (that what makes sims be shocked at the presence of a naked sim) will not even be created, so there *is* nothing to destroy. No more sims screeching at their spouse being naked after sex. Because how stupid is THAT, huh?

Download BO - No Naked Emitters at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Children get Bottles
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 05:00:07 AM »
Isn't it weird, how the Maxoids think it's a good idea to have children do all kinds of weird stuff, and hardly anything sensible? Sure, children play, and they still need to learn some of what can and can not be done. But if they can get a left-over from a fridge, then why would they NOT be able to get a bottle for their younger siblings.

So this mod addresses that problem. However: this ONLY works for all the Maxis fridges. If you have custom fridges, and want them to be child-friendly too, you need to do something about it yourself, alas.

And here's how: open the package of your fridge in SimPE, select the TTAB resource, open it in plug-in view, select interaction 0xA (10), usually named "Baby Bottle", tick the box next to "children", commit file, save, delete groups.cache, and start your game to enjoy your work!

No need for that when it comes to Maxis fridges, though. Because you can download that right here. :)

UPDATE June 17th, 2012: Obviously, I missed something! The K&B fridges (Solid Sense Fridge and Coldinator) were NOT covered by the initial release of this mod. So here's a fix that requires a little special care:
  • Players who DO have K&B, but NOT AL or M&G, should redownload the normal version and put it in Downloads as always.
  • Players who DO have AL or M&G, however, do NOT need to redownload (although they *may*), but should pick up the Override in stead, and put it in the "TSData/Res/Overrides" sub-folder of their latest pack's installation folder.
  • AGS users who occasionally play without AL/M&G, should probably pick up BOTH files.
And that should do the trick. Sorry for messing up, and thanks to Aerosimkat for pointing out this issue.

Enjoy

Download BO - Children Get Bottles at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 01:11:58 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - NoWelcomeHomeHugs
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 05:01:12 AM »
If, like me, you don't like how every time a parent comes home from work, one of the children rushes up to them for a hug, then this must be something you want to have! I mean, really, how many kids do that for real? Come on!!!

Download BO - NoWelcomeHomeHugs at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - NoAuto Toddler Bathing
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 05:02:58 AM »
As requested by Nyxie, except for the Nanny, nobody will autonomously bathe Toddlers. There are much better things to do with all that perfectly good water, anyway, now aren't there?

NOTE: if you do NOT have AL and/or M&G installed, please use the pre-AL version.

Download BO - NoAuto Toddler Bathing at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - ButlerIsNoNanny
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 05:03:58 AM »
I've always believed the AL Butler was a pedophile: constantly after your babies, toddlers and children... No more of that!

BO - ButlerIsNoNanny - stops the AL butler from meddling with your babies, toddlers and children. He will simply not report as a nanny, when entering the lot. If there is a butler currently on some of your lots while installing this mod, a lot reset will occur and the butler will start behaving oddly. If you send him home, he will act normal once he returns the next day. Requires AL, of course.

Update, April 12, 2011: After 16 months, I've finally updated the ButlerIsNoNanny mod! Installing this new version should NOT cause already existing Butlers to behave oddly anymore, UNLESS it is to replace the old version. If you don't have AL, this mod does nothing, of course, but it shouldn't break anything either! If you're happy using the old version, re-download is NOT required.

Extra: There's now also BO - BNS - No Feeding, which stops Butlers, Nannies and Servos from autonomously feeding babies and toddlers. Should work in all games.

Extra: There's now also BO - BNS - No Cooking, which prevents Butlers, Nannies and Servos from autonomously cooking any meals! Should also work for all games.

Download BO - ButlerIsNoNanny at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - No Birthday and/or College Warnings
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 05:05:15 AM »
After a while of playing, you know when sims are going to have a birthday; you don't need to be reminded every time, do you?

Also, getting reminded that a teen may want to go to college THREE times for each teen is a bit over the top, isn't it?

Now we have a means of cancelling all that superfluous data. There's three versions of this mod:

1. No Birthday Warnings: Stops the Birthday reminders, but keeps the College reminders.
2. No College Warnings: Stops the College reminders, but keeps the Birthday reminders.
3. No BnC Warnings: Stops all of it!

NOTE: Since these are all rewrites of the same routine, they DO conflict with eachother. Only the last one loaded will take effect. Therefor, install only the one version that you need.

Specially made in response to Zirconia Wolf's request. Enjoy, everyone!

Download BO - No Birthday/College Warnings at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
simfantastic2's Wooden Snack Closet edited
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 05:06:53 AM »
This is an edited version of Simfantastic2's Wooden Snack Closet.
The closet has been edited to now be truly compatible with all game configurations.

And some other changes were made to it...
  • The price has been adjusted to no longer be a cheat: the original could be bought for 500, and sold the next day for 600. This one costs 400, and depreciates properly.
  • Room score has been corrected: default maxis fridges of such low prices don't have a room score, so custom ones shouldn't have them either.

That's the AllGames version.

But there's a second version (v2) to which some more changes were made, to make it more fitting for a medieval game setting:
  • This fridge does NOT accept food baskets, only fresh produce and fish!
  • Since glass wasn't as readily available then, all bottle interactions have been disabled.
  • The "play" option has been disabled. Food storage wasn't meant to play with!

Note: As I stated above, this fridge truly is compatible with all game configurations. However, since version 2 ONLY accepts fresh produce and fish, it won't be any good unless at least Seasons is installed.
Also note: Both these edited versions still uses the same GUID as Simfantastic2's original, so you can have only one of the three in your game. The advantage is: any recolours you have for one, will also work for the other :) (like these and these by Michelle)

Update, June 19, 2011: An AllGames version is now available as well. This one will work exactly like any normal Maxis fridge, regardless what EPs/SPs you have.

Credits: of course, copyright of this fridge belongs to simfantastic2

Download Simfantastic2's Wooden Snack Closet edited at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Bottomless Bottle
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 05:09:27 AM »
Inge Jones of SimLogical made the marvellous Bottomless Bottle (at this page). And though I really love it, I thought it could stand a little improvement.

Getting a  normal bottle from the fridge costs 3 food points, which translates to 6, and it spoils. Inge's Bottle should never spoil and never empty, and it costs only 1. So, in effect, we're already cheating. Then why wouldn't we ALSO allow babies and toddlers drinking from this bottle, to finally also fill their Hunger Bar *completely* like all other sims when they eat???

So here's BO - Bottomless Bottle, an adaptation of Inge's model, which does just that! This bottle replaces Inge's, so if you install this, make sure you remove hers. And if you use my Feed Baby with a Nursemaid Plug-in, this bottle will be recognized as if it were Inge's.

(A little bonus on the side: my version is compressorized, so it's a lot smaller)

Enjoy!

Credits: Many thanks go to Inge Jones for creating this wonderful Bottle, and for giving me permission to release new versions of her work.

Download BO - BottomlessBottle at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:04:39 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - No Lecture Baby
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 05:10:38 AM »
If you hate how sims drop everything they're doing just to lecture a baby for soiling their diaper, then - of course - you'll have Pescado's "antibabylecture" installed in your game.

However, I don't want my sims to lecture a baby for being smelly ever... They're Babies for Pete's sake: they have no alternatives! I sure as hell don't see them walk to the bathroom to take a shit or a shower on their own! Older sims don't lecture Toddlers for being smelly either, and they should at least be able to say "Bah" before they shit themselves! So I set out to make my own take on this.

So here's BO - No Lecture Baby. When a baby soils their diaper, other sims (babies and toddlers excluded) will respond like they would with a smelly Toddler: they react only to the smell, but they will not lecture anyone.

And that's not everything, because then I did one even better! If the older sim is already doing something (anything, actually), the "smell bad" icon is not added to their queue! Because it makes no sense for anyone to first finish everything they're doing, and then - 2 hours later - complain about the smell that was taken care of 2 hours ago! And this part works for babies and toddlers alike! (Yeah, I like my sims' actions to be sensible... :D)

This one works for ALL game configurations, but it *will* conflict with Pescado's "antibabylecture", of course. But then again, with my mod in place, it makes no sense to keep Pescado's mod in as well, does it?

Happy Simming!

Download BO - No Lecture Baby at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Espresso for Visitors
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 05:14:30 AM »
The Maxoids pulled us another fast one: the Espresso machine is visitor-enabled, but then the Guardian BHAV disables it again for everyone except family members and shop managers. Enough of that nonsense!

This mod will enable the Espresso machine for anyone who's allowed to drink coffee. If you don't want anyone but family members and employees to use it, lock it away! It's that simple :)

Happy simming!

Download BO - Espresso for Visitors at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - No Sim Loaded
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 05:29:17 AM »
This mod was inspired by a request from ZephyrZodiac on Simbology, who is sure that these tokens (which really seem to serve no sensible purpose at all) cause her system to lag. And she isn't alone in that assertion. Anyway, she wanted those tokens fried, and I knew how to do that!

RELEASE April 7th, 2011 - The *basic* version was released.
UPDATE May 3rd, 2012 - The FINAL Bugfix version.
UPDATE May 3rd, 2012 - The Special version.
UPDATE May 14th, 2015 - *Basic* Version 1.03.
UPDATE May 21st, 2015 - *Basic* Version 1.04.

There are three main versions:
  • The Basic version (v1.04) ONLY removes the "Sim Loaded" token on ALL sims in your hood, as it was originally requested.

• The FINAL Bugfix version not only removes all "Sim Loaded" tokens, but also takes care of - and reports on - the following:
    • Scenario Controllers, broken or expired Pregnancy Controllers, Lost Fishing Spots and stuck Move-outs, Fridge-tiles, kickybags and poo-bags (trashed Controllers).
    • Token - Sim - Loaded, Attraction Markers and ALL Attraction Memories (both visible and invisible) (fried Tokens).
    • Gossip (denied Rumours).
    • Invisible Sims and Frozen Visitor Motives (fixed Sim States).
    The initial full scan takes place when you've just loaded a lot, and handles all the problem objects mentioned, handling the controllers first, to ensure that a birth-in-progress will not be broken. At the end of the scan, a report is generated that tells you what was done.
    After the initial scan, NSL will go into background mode, and ONLY check for Lost Fishing Spots, Attraction Markers, Attraction Memories, Invisible Sims and Frozen Visitor Motives, and "*DEBUG* - Super Duper Hug". It will do this every 15 sim minutes, but no reports will be generated.

• The Special version is identical to the FINAL Bugfix version, except for one thing: it does NOT remove gossip!
    Some simmers fear that their game changes too much if gossip is removed. These people can still have all other garbage deleted from their game, if they use this Special version.
    Some other simmers now use my BO - No Trash Memories mod which PREVENTS gossip from being added in the first place. These people don't need NSL wasting time on cleaning up stuff that doesn't exist! They can also use this Special version.
*Basic* version 1.04 is the cleaner, bug-fixed version of the initial release and it replaces version 1.03.

Important notes:

All versions force themselves to reload every time you load a lot, after which they run a single initial pass through the inventory/memory of all sims, cleaning up whatever they were designed to find. They then report on what they've found, and go into background mode. In background mode, the FINAL Bugfix and the Special versions continue to clean up some stuff, which they do not report on.

Whatever version of this mod you use, they should work with ALL game configurations. However, the FINAL Bugfix and Special versions both require Cyjon's Smarter EP-check. They will NOT run properly without it!

After installing or upgrading any version of this mod, it's recommended to open one household, wait for the report, and then save and exit the game. After that, the game should be more responsive.
Also, remember to frequently defrag your harddrive, because loading times can get horrible on fragmented drives, and this game causes a lot of fragmentation!

Happy Simming!

ADDITIONAL NOTE, August 10th, 2015: Upon closer investigation, I have now come to realize that the FINAL Bugfix and Special versions of NSL are even a little better than I always thought. The built-in fix for unused pregnancy controllers INCLUDES the "rogue multiple pet pregnancy controller" issue that one would otherwise need dickhurt's fix for. In other words, if you have my NSL in your game, you do not need dickhurt's mod. It is safe to remove. If you already have this mod, re-download is NOT necessary, because the fix has always been there! :D

Credits: thanks go to J.M.Pescado for his wonderful FFS Lot Debugger, which helped me develop this tool.
Also, many thanks to Cyjon, for his wonderful intuitive EP-checker.

Download BO - No Sim Loaded at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:35:19 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Reward Catalog
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 05:32:31 AM »
This is a replacement/upgrade for Monique's "Family Aspiration Notebook"!

Credits: The original idea was Monique's. I simply expanded a little on it. If you want to thank someone, thank Monique, not me!

If your sims already use Monique's version of this mod, you need not worry: simply remove her file from your downloads folder and put mine in. Then delete the groups.cache file. When you load the game, you'll find that nothing has changed, except for a totally new menu! :D

I made the following changes:

• The Catalog is now ALWAYS protected against deletion, as long as there are points stored in it. One little snag: a NEW book can not be deleted: you need to store some points in it, and withdraw them again, before you can get rid of it. (see update note below)
  • No more limits to deposits and withdrawals. You can transfer as little as 10 points now.
  • Toddlers and Children can ONLY access the Catalog to deposit their OWN points, nothing else. Visitors and residents that aren't at home can NOT access the Catalog, nor will the Auto-Deposit and Collect features process them.
  • Auto-Deposit now scans family-members (and no one else) once every three hours, and transfers all their points!
  • New Catalogs are no longer found in the Buy Catalog. They're now an Aspiration Reward that costs 0 points. This does not affect existing books in any way: they are the same as always (except for a new menu option), and your already collected points are safe!
  • This version will work in ALL game configurations!

Then there's a number of additions:

• Deposit all your points at once
  • Withdraw as many as your sim can still accept without overflowing their counter
  • Collect points from other household members onto the book
  • Buy Want slots/locks and Career Rewards at a price of 50,000 points each (points are deducted from the book!)
  • Cash in a million points for 1000 cash (thank you, aelflaed, for suggesting that)
  • Buy Food to fill your fridge, at 2000/point (thanks to ZephyrZodiac for this idea). If at least 8,000 points are stored in the book, an option comes available to buy Food points costing 2,000 points each, which will be directly stored in the fridge with the largest free capacity. (I chose 8,000 as a threshold, reasoning that buying less than 4 Food points wouldn't make sense, as that's the minimum required for a simple single meal.)
  • You can now Boost your daily Aspiration Bar using points from the Reward Catalog

UPDATE March 26th, 2011: As of the new version 1.32, the protection system has finally been fixed! New books can now simply be deleted. There's no more need to deposit and withdraw points first.

UPDATE July 10th, 2011: The new version 1.40 now includes the option to buy/remove a 'Permanent' Gender Change token at 500,000 points, or buy a 'Temporary' Gender Change token at 50,000. These options only show up if you have P4A - Alien Trigger Override installed, though.

UPDATE September 24th, 2011: The new version 1.41 now also includes the option to buy a 'Temporary' Gender Change token for a visitor (at the standard price of 50k points, of course). This option only shows up if P4A - Alien Trigger Override is installed, the visitor does NOT have such a token yet, and such a token would help the visitor to impregnate your sim.

UPDATE November 27, 2011: The new version 1.42  adds an extra test to the Gender Change options (for P4A - Alien Trigger Override users): from now on, the Gender tokens can ONLY be bought if the recieving sim is NOT a Zombie, Servo or Bigfoot, because those three types can not bare or father children naturally anyway.

UPDATE March 13, 2012: Following a request/suggestion by Tessalion13, a new feature has been added: Teens and older sims can now reroll their LTW at the cost of 100,000 points. The option is in the "Wants..." menu if sufficient points have been deposited.

UPDATE June 17th, 2012: Following another request/suggestion by Tessalion13, another function has been added: Teens and older sims can now have a Check-up performed to disclose their current internal gender. This check is available in the "Gender Change" menu, if P4A - Alien Trigger Override v1.28 or higher is present, and you have at least 10,000 points deposited.
Also, I've changed the look of the Catalog, and as a result, the package is now 50% smaller. Delete the ObjectThumbnails.package, if you want to the thumbnail in the Aspiration reward catalog section of the sim's inventory to reflect the new look of the RC.

IMPORTANT: If you use P4A - Alien Trigger Override, make sure it's updated to v1.28 or above. Otherwise, the Catalog will NOT function properly.

With all those collected points, you may want to have more than the standard Maxis Aspiration Rewards. Converting custom objects to Aspiration Rewards isn't really hard, if you follow this wiki article: Aspiration Rewards: make them yourself!

Download BO - Reward Catalog at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 04:40:48 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Phone Make-over
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2012, 05:34:41 AM »
This is a complete overhaul for the SimCity telephone network...
Most people may decide that they don't need this mod. Most of what it does can be achieved by using multiple mods from other authors. I can't object to that notion: for the most part these people are absolutely right! Not entirely, though...
However, I found it made sense (at least for my own downloads folder) to include all of it in one package, especially since it all ties into this one telephone system. And since it exists, why not upload it for other people's convenience as well?

Here's what it contains:
  • A slightly enhanced hybrid of Cyjon's CallNPCs and Paladin's FreeTime-PhoneBookFix.
  • An enhanced version of Cyjon's NightCalling (which in turn is based off of faiuwle's ServosDontSleep).
  • Cyjon's NicerPhoneMessages.
  • My own PhoneCheckFix to overcome a bug in Pescado's phonehack.
What does it do?
  • Paladin's phonebookfix failed to filter out certain AL-related NPCs, while Cyjon's CallNPCs was a little less specific with the pre AL NPCs. I took the best of both worlds and merged them into one.
  • Faiuwle's mod simply allowed people to call servos at ANY time of the day or night. Cyjon based his NightCalling off of that, adding Plantsims and Werewolves to the list, while also including that Vampires sleep during the day, in stead of at night. I went one step further, assuming that Witches will use their Thrones, and therefor need not sleep either.
  • Cyjon's NicerPhoneMessages is great as it is, except for a conflict with Paladin's PhoneBookFix. I've just included it for completeness, and made them work together (thanks to arathea for pointing out that conflict ). It makes the messages you recieve when someone isn't home a lot nicer and - where possible - includes at which time it makes sense to try and reach them in stead.
  • My PhoneCheckFix. Like NicerPhoneMessages, merely added for completeness, to overcome a bug in Pescado's phonehack.
Compatibility:

This mod should be compatible with ALL game versions, regardless of EPs/SPs installed. With the exception of Pescado's phonehack, any version of the mods mentioned above can be removed when you install this mod. Pescado's phonehack - if present - must load BEFORE this one.

As arathea discovered, apparently, Squinge's StopInvitingMe-Downtown will stop functioning once you use this mod. I suggest getting Cyjon's NoRandomCalls-DatingsOutings to solve that issue. That's the one that I use, and it works great!

Update: an alternative version is now available, that allows the BV masseur/masseuse to show up in the phonebook as well. If you want to be able to call these people, download v1.1, please!

Update Jan-27, 2011: Found and fixed a bug, where if you called someone who wasn't at home, a family member would erroneously thank you for inviting them over, in stead of telling you when the target would be home. Everyone is advised to download the new version 1.2! (Also allows calling the BV masseur/masseuse.)

Credits:
Thanks to Paladin for his PhoneBookFix.
Thanks to faiuwle for his original idea of ServosDontSleep.
Thanks also to Cyjon for CallNPCs, NightCalling and NicerPhoneMessages.
Also, special thanks to the folks who submitted translations to Cyjon for inclusion in NicerPhoneMessages. Thanks to these people, we get nicer messages in Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish.
And finally, also thanks to J.M.Pescado. Because, bug or no bug, his phonehack is a great help.

Download BO - Phone Make-over at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - No Trash Memories
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2012, 05:49:33 AM »
I recently recieved a number of requests which to me seemed to make perfect sense to put them together in one single mod. One request was for an expanded, more effective version of Pescado's notelepathy; another was for a mod that would stop virtually all grade- and college-spam; yet another request was about getting rid of certain boring memories like "Met Sim", "Met Pet" etc.; and lastly I myself was fed up with "Mystery Sim" memories.

And suddenly it hit me: what we needed was a user-configurable rewrite of a portion of the memory system. And here it is: BO - No Trash Memories !!

What does this do? Well, many things, actually, but they fall apart in three simple categories:
  • The so-called trash memories (which the FFS-LotDebugger's "Memory... /Clear Trash" option takes care of) will no longer be created at all! That means your sims will no longer get any "Met so-and-so" memories, EVAH! And also the "Move In/Out" memories are now history... No need to ever again use the batbox to get rid of this crap, because that's fixed once and for all! There's one special exception to this: "Met Mystery Sim", which is handled separately.
  • The "Mystery Sim" memories: For these there are two separate settings in a BCON. One setting handles the Mystery Sim for playable sims (those living in households that you can play), and one for all others. By default, it's set to OFF for playables, and ON for others. So if you make a new sim in CAS and put them in a house, your new sim will NOT have met Mystery Sim, let alone be friends with it, or have kissed it. But townies will still have those memories, so they're available for all romantic interactions normally. You can change these setting however you like, though.
  • A lot of other options, all available through the BCON:
If an option is set to 0 (zero), it means that this specific memory type will NOT be added: it is suppressed!
If an option is set to 1 (one), that specific memory type will be added to your sims normally, when applicable.

A number of memories have two options; one for the sim itself, another for its family. They are:
  • A+ report
  • D report
  • Overachiever
  • Went to College
  • Probation
  • Expelled
  • Dean's List
  • Grew up Badly
  • Grew up Good
All other memories have only one option:
  • (self) means the playable sim itself is affected
  • (family) means the playable sim's family is affected
  • (any) - same as (self) but may also apply to townies
  • (playables) affects all "Mystery Sim" memories for playable sims only
  • (others) affects all "Mystery Sim" memories for non-playables only
  • (pet) affects the pet itself
  • (townie) special third option for the "Went to College" memory. If set to 0, only YA townies get the memory, adult townies don't!
And then there's one special surprise: option 0x27 (39)!
---------------------------------------------------------------
I figured out what nobody else found so far: the one single BHAV that is responsible for ALL Gossip!
So where Pescado added an option to the Batbox to find every gossip item AFTER it was added to the sim and then delete it, I now offer the option to PREVENT gossip from being added, thereby saving time on both ends!!!

The following picture shows the default configuration, the way I prefer it myself. But you can simply change the only BCON in this mod yourself, using SimPE.

NOTE: This mod does NOT remove memories that have already been added to your sims. It only prevents NEW memories of certain types from being added.

I tried to make sure that no memories would be blocked that could be important for certain LTWs, but it *is* always possible that I missed something. Use/reconfigure at your own risk.

UPDATE, August 21, 2011: Version 1.01 fixes a bug where adding the "Went to College" memory would cause an error. Please re-download!

UPDATE, October 29, 2011: Version 1.02 fixes a bug where adding the "Academic Probation" memory would cause an error. Please re-download! My apologies for the inconvenience.

UPDATE, June 11th, 2015: Version 1.03 - Several players have requested that I make the Moved In/Out memories configurable. So now I have. Lines 0x29 and 0x2A in the BCON govern them, and as always, the default settings reflect my preference - my sims do not get these memories. If you want your sims to get those memories, set the relevant lines to 1 yourself.

NOTE: Be aware that updating your version of this mod causes all settings to revert to default. If you made changes before, make notes of them before updating, and restore those settings yourself after installing the new version.

EXTRA INFORMATION, August 25th, 2015:
Recently, I have been recieving reports from various sources that NTM doesn't prevent all gossip. No, it doesn't! And that's simple to explain.
The "Gossip" line in the BCON only prevents new gossip from spreading. But if some sim already knows some gossip, and gets a chance to talk to others about it, those others will get that gossip as well. That's why it is called Gossip! The only way to prevent existing gossip from spreading, is to make sure that there is no gossip to begin with. But even then the system is not air-tight.

It's also true that this mod does not (yet) prevent *all* memory types. It was primarily made to prevent boring memories that occur like clockwork, but have no huge influence on wants or fears. For example, if your sim rolls a want to meet someone new, it's only worth 1,000 points. You do not need to know that this happens a dozen times a day. So you can disable that memory. But a family member getting married, or someone dying is something HUGE. Most players do not want to miss that, and that's why I have not added that.
And there are also a number of memories that I had not considered yet. Like sims learning to cook a new meal, or maxing a skill. These have simply not been built in, so the mod CAN not stop them yet. If you check the picture above, you can SEE which memories can be stopped. Things that are not listed, are not in the mod. And once any sim knows about these, the spreading of gossip begins again.

Now if you encounter such things that are not stopped, and you WANT them stopped, just ask me if it can be built in. But do NOT report that the mod is broken or doesn't work, because that is just not true. The mod works exactly as designed and as promised. There is nothing wrong, except that not all memories are included (yet).

Generally, I will gladly try to fulfill requests to include certain memories, unless some very big want or fear is involved. Simply find an example of the memory in question in SimPE (blue lines), and note the GUID number. If I have that number, there is a good chance that I can figure out how to stop it.
Death is an exception, though; I refuse to stop the memories of sims dying. That is a major event that the surviving sims need to live with.

And now about the batbox:

If I check the batbox, the option to clear gossip is always present. Even if I have already used it a second ago. The batbox ALWAYS gives that option, WITHOUT checking if there *is* any gossip to clear out. That's in fact one of the reasons why I *made* NSL and NTM in the first place: the batbox is a great tool, but not always the most reliable!

I made the NSL and NTM for people who want their game to stay reasonably clean, but do NOT want to keep clicking the batbox all the time. If you keep checking the batbox every few minutes anyway, then maybe you do not trust my mods enough to blindly rely on them. And to be honest, I understand that! In fact, I cannot think of ANY good reason why you *should* trust me or my mods. Because seriously, I have done nothing to deserve anyone's trust at all. And since it makes sense that people should only use mods that they trust, from creators that they trust, I think it's recommended that you ask yourself if you trust me and my mods enough to even use NSL and NTM.

But if you *do* trust me and my mods enough, then maybe you should leave the batbox alone a little more. :) Ok, so occasionally some things slip through. But it's not as much as would slip through WITHOUT this mod. Your game will not stop functioning because you forgot to clean leftover gossip for a day or two. And if you use FINAL-Bugfix version of No Sim Loaded, the stuff that gets through, will be cleaned up next time you load a lot. Or you could occasionally use the batbox to clean it up. But you do not need to do that every five minutes, like you did before you had this mod installed.

Happy Simming

Download BO - No Trash Memories at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 06:43:45 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Need Freak
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 05:54:43 AM »
Many people have been using Gnohmon's flamingos of Contentment, Happiness or Ecstacy over the years, and many others used Inge's Motive Defender or SleepyCat's Motive Defender v2. These are all fantastic objects to protect the motives of your sims, but they have a weakness: they can't be configured in-game to fit individual situations.
The motive Defender models can be configured in SimPE, but the Flamingos can't be configured at all. And on top of that, the Flamingos are targets for kicking and stealing... very annoying.

But now, things are about to change: Enter the Need Freak!

The Need Freak has 7 (yes, SEVEN!) Presets, one of which can be altered to your own liking by editing the "Configuration" BCON in the package using SimPE. But it also has in-game menu options to tailor it to specific situations.

• Switch On/Off: this option allows you to switch the Freak on or off. When it's off, it does nothing at all, and when it's on, it will adjust your sims' motives onve every 20 sim minutes.
  • Switch to Defender/Flamingo mode: in Flamingo mode, when any motive falls below the minimum value, the Freak will raise it to maximum. In Defender mode, when a motive falls below the minimum, it will be raised up to that minimum, and when it exceeds the maximum, it will be lowered back to that maximum.
  • Switch Working NPCs on/off: only available in Defender mode. When off, the motives of NPCs on the job will NOT be adjusted.
  • Switch Pets on/off: again only available in Defender mode, but determines whether Pets' motives will be adjusted.
  • Switch Servos on/off: like the previous two, but now for Servos.
  • Hit Once: this option is present ONLY when the Freak is switched off. Using this option, you can instruct the Freak to immediately adjust the motives of all sims present according to the current settings.
  • Change Model...: this option allows you to select one of 12 different object models for your Freak, including Flamingo, Gnome and several shrubs and potted plants.
  • Preset...: this option allows you to choose one of seven preset modes: Default (using the setting in the "Configuration" BCON), None (Motive Defender that acts like it isn't there), Flamingo of Contentment, Happiness or Ecstacy, Motive Defender (Inge) or Motive Defender (Sleepy)
  • Setup...: the menu that allows you to set the minimum and maximum for each of the seven Motives to one of 11 different values: -100, -90, -75, -50, -25, 0, 25, 50, 75, 90 and 100. It also allows you to set any Motive to "Dynamic" (min -100, max 100) or "Static" (minimum and maximum are set to the same value of your choice)
As you see, the Freak is packed with configuration options. But we're not there yet!

There's one more option - Fix Token - which needs a bit of an explanation. When you place your first Freak on a lot, you'll notice nothing strange: all the menu options are available as and when appropriate! However, when you place a second Freak on the same lot, you'll find that it's not fully functional: it only shows the Change Model option!
Now, if at any time, you were to delete the second (non-functional) Freak, nothing of consequence would happen.
But if you were to leave the second Freak alone, and deleted the first (fully functional) one instead, you'd find that your sims' motives will no longer be protected. Now if you click the remaining Freak, you'll notice that it suddenly shows TWO main options: Change Model and Fix Token. Choosing the latter will make this Freak fully functional!

So, with one single mod - the Need Freak - you'll now have a full range of motive protecting options, configurable both outside and inside the game.

NOTE: there's a second file in this archive: BO - Spawn Objects - Data.package. This file is meant only for users of the mod BO - Spawn Objects. Replace the existing Data file with this new version, and you'll be able to spawn the Freak at comm lots as well :) **NOTE** If you're already using data file v1.02 for Spawn Objects, then you should NOT overwrite it!

**NOTE**: When Spawning a Freak at a Comm Lot, you'll need to unpause your game for a moment, in order to allow the menu to appear. When it appears, you'll notice that the Freak isn't functional yet: you'll need to select Fix Token first, after which everything will work fine!

The Need Freak is found under Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous in the buy catalog (default model: Flamingo), and costs Zilch, as in Zero Simoleons!

Update, July 31st, 2011: Version 2 now has TWELVE presets, SIX of which are configurable, each with their own BCON. It also has the added capacity to function like the flamingos of Aspiration (available in flamingo mode only). And finally, it also has a menu option "Check Settings" that pops up a Notification window with all the current settings.

Update, August 1st, 2011: Version 2.1 released. The "Check Settings" notification has been improved considerably: better layout and no more irrelevant information.

Update, August 2nd, 2011: I so hoped that everything was alright now. Alas, not so much... When you visit a comm lot, spawn a Freak, Fix its Token, and then leave the lot without destroying the Freak first, next time you visit the same lot, the Freak is gone, but the unlinked token is still there, preventing you from Fixing the Token on any newly-spawned Freak. A fix is needed, of course.

So, here's version 2.2!. For those that already installed and configured their own settings on v2.1, and don't want to do it all over again, there's no need to redownload. Just get the Patch for v2.1 and put it in the same folder as Freak v2.1 and all will be fine!

Update, May20th, 2012: And I ran into another bug (I'm fortunate... I mostly find bugs myself, before others do :D): When I chose "Setup.../Hunger.../Static.../0", both Hunger AND Social were updated. My fault: I failed to clear Temp 0 before use. So now I fixed that as well.

So here's version 2.3!: For those that already installed and configured any earlier version; you do NOT have to do it all again! Just download the patch, and drop it in the same folder as the main mod (overwriting any earlier patches).

Final Note: I've listed Nightlife as the minimum requirement, but it may be possible that this mod also works with Basegame or University. I'm not sure...

Download BO - Need Freak at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 03:59:01 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - SS Auto Cash Register
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2012, 06:00:08 AM »
For some shopkeepers, having a standard cash register is just not an option: Their shop may be too small to support any employees, while the owner himself doesn't have the time and/or skills to work the register. So that's where Inge Jones' Auto Cash Register comes in. Customers can now quickly pay for bought items themselves! A great object that I use rather often. Thank you, Inge!

However, there's one issue: the Auto Cash Register is NOT affected by either Squinge's shopnosaveitem or my Simulated Sales! In shops where you use Inge's system, sims will still waste money on needless purchases! Now I succeeded in adapting the register to include the logic from Simulated Sales and, with Inge's permission, I now bring you the SS Auto Cash Register.

This cash register uses the same GUID as Inge's original, so you can NOT have both in your game. But that seems logical to me. Why would you have both??
The SS register will still do exactly the same as Inge's version, but it will use the same techniques as Simulated Sales to prevent non-selectable sims from stocking up on unnecessary junk.

Enjoy once more :)

NOTE: I'm still uncertain how this will affect sales in animal shops. I've never played any, and I don't intend to, either. If someone knows/finds out, please let me know here.

Credits: Thanks go to Inge Jones for making the Auto Cash Register, and for allowing me to publish this new version.

Download BO - SS Auto Cash Register at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:14:28 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Simulated Sales
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2012, 06:02:39 AM »
When your sim runs a shop, normally all kinds of sims come in there, buying stuff. Good, because that's what a shop is for. Running a shop wouldn't help you much if there were no customers.

However, all those playable sims from other households you play, all buy stuff which they often don't need at all. Of course, you could sell that stuff from inventory (except clothing/jewelry, which doesn't show up anywhere), but they'll still lose money. At the same time, all kinds of townies collect objects which they actually don't pay for (no worries, the shopkeeper still gets paid) so when you have one of them move in with some playable, you get all that free stuff to sell again! (seems like fraud to me).

Fortunately, Squinge (or The Dork) made a mod - shopnosaveitem - which at least solves the issue for playables. That still doesn't stop townie-fraud, though. So I adapted his strategy! From now on, only SELECTABLE sims (that means sims from the household you're playing) will actually keep the stuff they buy. ALL others will only simulate their purchases, while the shopkeeper still sells everything for real.

Enjoy!

NOTE: Obviously, this should NOT be used together with Squinge's mod...They conflict and only one of them will work: that one that loads last!

UPDATE Feb 17, 2011: In some cases, an error was thrown right after a customer had paid their bill. This was due to a PHAIL on my part. I've now corrected this issue. Re-download is recommended.

Credits: Thanks go to Squinge, for the original shopnosaveitem.

Download BO - Simulated Sales at Leefish.nl

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
Aliena Impregnata
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2012, 06:15:53 AM »
So, for once, I've strayed from my usual path... This time you're not exactly getting a mod ;)

A while ago, I showed off one of my favorite sims, Wanda Rimskaya. Wanda was originally meant to be a replacement Pollination Technician, except that I couldn't get it to work correctly. Arathea later made her face into an archetype for me here, so people can use that face, if they want.

But now I finally did it! I've created a PT with Wanda's face, and her name is Aliena Impregnata.

This is what Aliena looks like with the original Maxis skin:

And this is her with Calalily Sims' IRIS skin, which can be found at The Sims2 Graveyard - click "Downloads", then "Calalilysims", then "Genetics" and then go to page 5 to find them:

Aliena appears to be bald for a more Alien effect, but genetically she is a redhead. This way, her hair color doesn't dominate in all her offspring.

Two versions of Aliena are available:

1. a replacement version. This version has exactly the same GUID as the original Pollination Technician that comes with the game, so she'll replace him. Nothing else is required to get this version to work; just drop the unpacked file in your Downloads folder, and it works. This even works with a Multi-PT mod that includes the original PT, such as Fwiffo's Multi PT mod.

2. a Multi-PT version. This one has a unique GUID (0x0069CD02), so it won't interfere with other additional PTs. You can use this to replace a single PT from a Multi-PT setup, but you'll need to alter a specific file using SimPE.

If you're planning to use the Multi-PT version with Fwiffo's Multi PT mod, open the file Multi_Pollination_Technician.package in SimPE, and open the BHAV named "NPC - Get Alien Dad - NID" in plug-in view. The following two pictures show you how to proceed from there:

An extra note: the green encircled lines are the lines that contain the GUID of the Maxis Pollination Technician. If you intend to replace him, just download the replacement version and don't bother with SimPE.

For more extensive information, you can also check out this tutorial by Simgaroop.

And here's two pictures of an example offspring of Aliena...

Download Aliena Impregnata at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:49:59 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Alien Experiments
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2012, 06:26:55 AM »
This mod was initially created in response to a request by ZephyrZodiac. And then it grew and grew...

UPDATE September 24th, 2011

Here's the latest: BO - Alien Experiments v1.7!!

When your sim is abducted by Aliens, (s)he can now suffer any ONE of the following effects:
  • Become pregnant
  • Become a Witch/Warlock (all alignments separately configurable) or be cured of Witchery
  • Become a Plantsim or be cured of Plantsimism
  • Become a Werewolf or be cured of Lycanthropy
  • Become a Vampire or be cured of Vampirism
  • Become a Zombie or be cured of Zombiism (Servo's are excluded since they're not supposed to die)
  • Have their gender preference reversed
  • Have their personality reversed (as with an imperfect resurrection, includes substantial skill loss)
  • Have their personality scrambled (somewhat random), with substantial skill loss
  • Suffer Amnesia as if an Evil Witch cast the "Tabula Rasa" spell on them (No AL required for this one!)
  • Have Comfort - and possibly one other Motive - drained.
  • Be Electrocuted. Electrocution KILLS the sim, but they will immediately be ressurrected: 50% change to return normal, 33% chance to return altered, 17% chance to return as a zombie! When a Zombie is Electrocuted, nothing happens! :)
  • Recieve a Permanent Gender Change token, or have it taken away. This requires P4A - Alien Trigger Override v1.25 or better.
  • Have nothing happen at all
You have full control over the probability for each effect to happen to your sim. Chances can be entered in the 'Experiment Probability' BCON, and can be different for males and females. Just set the probability for a certain effect to 0 (zero) and it will never occur.
All the options for one specific gender may never total more than 100%, of course.

Notes:
  • Teens and Young Adults can only be experimented on, if Inteen is installed, and the appropriate flags in the "Misc Flags" BCON are set to 1 (default).
  • Elders and Bigfeet will NEVER be experimented on!
  • Servo's *will* be messed with, but they would never become pregnant, nor would they become zombies, since they're not supposed to die.
  • Sims living in dorms can now also be experimented on, as long as they meet the criteria. This includes Alien pregnancies for YAs, as long as Inteen is installed.
  • Whether the game allows it or not, I (and the Aliens on my Anal Probe Ship with me) believe that Vampirism and Plantsimism do not fit together. Plantsims NEED sunlight, but Vampires are allergic to it. Therefor, a Plantsim will NEVER be made a Vampire or vice versa!

New in v1.7:
  • Pregnant sims can now also be experimented on, but only if the appropriate flag in "Misc Flags" is set to 1 (default is 0). However, this will NOT allow another pregnancy, because that would mean killing the existing fetus.
  • A new flag is introduced in the "Misc Flags" BCON, which allows experiments on sims who were abducted using the FT option "Watch for UFOs" (max Science enthousiasm option)
  • New settings are available that allow you to choose what gender of Alien will impregnate your abductee. The options are:
  • -> Same gender
  • -> Opposite gender
  • -> Preferred gender
  • -> Opposite of preferred gender

This *does*, however, require my specialized version of the Multi-PT mod (NO, other Multi-PT mods do NOT support gender selection!) *and* equal numbers of male and female PTs.[/list]

Although this mod should work with ALL game configurations, 'supernaturals' for which the required EP isn't installed, will obviously be treated as 'no change'. So, regardless of your settings in the config file, without Nightlife no Vampires, without Pets no Werewolves, etc.

Unlike with Treeag's Sim Transformer, the 'Supernaturals' will be exactly like Maxis intended them. So a Zombie will have the actual Zombie personality and have lost most of its skills. Curing a Zombie involves restoring their GENETIC personality, but it won't restore lost skills.

NOTE: The 'Supernatural' effects are actually toggles: if the Aliens decide to experiment with Zombiism, and your sim is *already* a Zombie, the sim will be cured in stead! Likewise for the others. Abducted Witches will NEVER change alignment, but simply be cured in stead.

Whether the game allows it or not, personally I believe that the Plantsim-Vampire combination should kill sims (Plantsims NEED sunlight, but Vampires are allergic to it). Since the Aliens on my 'Anal Probe Ship' agree with me, and are not in the habit of killing sims, they refuse to bestow Vampirism upon a Plantism or vice versa!

NOTE: if you're updating to this new version, please REMOVE the old "xBO - Alien-Experiments-config.package". It is now replaced by "BO - Alien-Experiments-PREFS.package": this config file currently contains exactly the same settings as the main file. If you want to use different settings without messing up the main file, you can edit this file in stead. As long as this file loads AFTER the main package, your own settings will override the defaults.

New ideas are welcome. So if you know of another way for Aliens to make a Sim's life interesting, let me know ;)

Update, October 12th, 2011: Slightly edited the description.

Update, January 25th, 2012: Some moron (me) allowed teens to become Plantsims. That was NEVER supposed to happen, and I can't predict what happens when a teen Plantsim would grow up. So that error has now been corrected! Re-download is recommended. If you made your own settings in the PREFS-file, you don't need to overwrite that file. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Download BO - Alien Experiments at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:56:53 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - P4A - Alien Trigger Override
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2012, 06:29:57 AM »
The basis for this idea was put in my head by ZephyrZodiac a while ago (see this thread).

What does this mod do?

This mod modifies the PregForAllGenders in such a way that Alien Abduction is required for Same Sex Pregnancy.
It has four different modes, which can be set by changing some settings in a BCON.
  • Standard mode. When a sim has been abducted by aliens, that sim becomes bi-gendered: in a mixed gender relationship, it will still play its normal role (males impregnate, females give birth). But in a same sex relationship, the bi-gendered sim may act as the opposite sex. The bi-gendered female will impregnate her SO, and the bi-gendered male can give birth. If both partners in a same-sex relationship are bi-gendered, the initiating sim will take on the role of the opposite sex.
  • Toggled mode. Same as standard mode, with the following exception: if a bi-gendered sim is abducted again, they return to normal again!
  • Invasive mode. When a sim gets abdcuted, they SWITCH gender. So a female gains the ability to impregnate people, but loses the ability to give birth. A male gains the ability to give birth, but loses the power to impregnate others. In invasive mode, if both partners in a mixed gender relationship have been altered, the female will impregnate her husband, and HE will give birth to their child!
  • Invasive Toggled mode. A switched sim, when abducted again, returns to normal.

What's needed for this mod to work?
  • This mod requires that NightLife or a better EP/SP is installed. Don't even think about using this mod with Basegame or University alone, because it will NOT work!
  • PregForAllGenders (TJ's versions only) or Inteenimater WITH the Same Sex Pregnancy Flavor-pack. The mod will not check for the presence of the flavor-pack, nor for PregForAll, but if you don't have either, it will NOT work properly.
  • This mod NEEDS to load AFTER PregForAllGenders, or AFTER Inteen and its flavor-packs.

Q: I have Inteen installed, so I can't use PregForAllGenders. Can I still use this mod?
A: Yes, you can, as long as you have the Same Sex Pregnancy flavor-pack installed!

Q: I have ACR 1 installed. Will this mod work in my game?
A: Sorry, no. At least not yet. I'm working on that!

Q: I have ACR 2 installed. Can I use this mod?
A: Yes, you can, BUT... you need to also download the ACR 2 patch, and replace two of ACR's files with mine. Disable or remove the files named "ACR - Controller - Bed Socials" and "ACR - Controller - Sofa Socials" and put my versions of those files in your ACR folder.

Q: I have LotFullOfSims, and TwoJeffs' PregForAllGenders isn't compatible with that. Can I use this mod with AncientHighway's PregForAllGenders?
A: NO, you can NOT! You'll HAVE to use TwoJeffs' version of PregForAllGenders. That means you'll have to get rid of LotFullOfSims. But fortunately, I have a solution for that, too: install BO - Unlimited Sims in stead. It does the same as LFoS, but it doesn't conflict with anything!

Q: How do I change modes?
A: Open the package in SimPE, and alter the "Toggled" and/or "Invasive" settings in BCON 0x0000017f (SG - Tuning - Fertility Modifier). Commit the changes and save the file.

Update, July 10th, 2011: New version 1.25 now available.

New in version v1.25 - Two special tokens have been added:
  • A 'Permanent' Gender Change Token, which can be obtained in two ways: your sim can recieve it from Aliens when they're abducted, or they can buy it from the Reward Catalog at the price of 500,000 reward points. If they already have the token, your sims can also have it removed for another 500,000.
  • A 'Temporary' Gender Change Token, which can ONLY be bought at the Reward Catalog for 50,000. Once bought, this token can NOT be removed at will; it stays in the sim's inventory until pregnancy occurs for them or their partner, and is then automatically deleted.

Each sim can have two tokens at the most: one permanent and one temporary. These tokens serve exactly the same function as abductions, but are separately processed. First all abduction memories are handled, and the sim's gender appropriately adjusted. Then the Permanent Token is processed in the same way, and finally the Temporary Token.

NOTE: For Tokens to be given by Aliens, you need to have the latest version (v1.6 or better) of Alien Experiments installed in your game.
For Tokens to be available from the Reward Catalog, you need to have the latest version (v1.40 or better) of the Reward Catalog installed.

NOTE for ACR2 users: When upgrading to v1.25, re-download of the ACR 2 patch is REQUIRED for everything to work correctly. Sorry about that.

NOTE for InTeen users: If for any reason the InTeen documentation tells you to change a setting in the BCON named "SG - Tuning - Fertility Modifier", do NOT look for that BCON in InTeen's files, but in this mod in stead! Since this mod must load AFTER InTeen, the InTeen version of this BCON will not be used by the game.

UPDATE July 12, 2011: New version 1.26 to fix a Bug. I forgot to signal to Inteen that Same Sex Pregnancy is enabled. Users of v1.25 do NOT need to re-download; they can set that flag themselves in the BCON: change the line "SSP Enabled?" to 1, and the problem is fixed.

UPDATE July 14, 2011: New version 1.27 available.
New in version 1.27: Pregnancy Chance reduction. A new option was added to the BCON, named "Pregnancy% Divider". By default, this is set to 1, causing the pregnancy chances to be normal. Setting this value to 2 reduces the chance to one half, setting it to 3 reduces it to one third, etc. Setting it to 100 or more causes sims to ALMOST NEVER get pregnant.

UPDATE November 27, 2011: New version 1.28 available.
This version doesn't add any new functionality, but is merely a restructured v1.27.
This restructure was required for new functionality added to the Gender-Change part of  BO - Reward Catalog v1.42. If you're not upgrading the Reward Catalog, you don't need to re-download this mod either.

UPDATE April 28th, 2012: New version 1.30 available.
This version fixes a bug where a Teen 'male' was unable to TFB with an adult 'female'. Thanks go to Tessalion13 for reporting this issue!

UPDATE May 21st, 2012: New version 1.31 available.
So far, the engine of this mod was counting abduction memories a sim had, to determine their effect on its internal gender. So what would happen if the sim's memories were erased, either by an Evil Witch, or by the Aliens themselves? EXACTLY: The sim would be reset to their original gender! But a change in someone's memories should NOT change their physical condition! Fortunately, I've found a way to prevent this: there's actually a token on each sim, that registers the number of abductions. And memory loss does NOT include tokens, so that counter is safe! The newest version of this mod now simply reads that counter, in stead of wasting oodles of time filtering and counting memories and probably getting it wrong if the sim's memory was erased.

Once again, enjoy!

Final NOTE: If you ever decide to uninstall this mod (though I can't for the life of me think of a good reason for wanting to do so), remember to also remove the patched ACR files and put the originals back in. If you don't, your game will not run properly!
Make sure, however, that my mod loads AFTER whatever version of Preg-for-All you have installed. HCDU *will* report a conflict, but that is by design, and therefor nothing to be worried about.

Credits: I want to thank TwoJeffs and AncientHighway for their respective versions of Preg-for-All, which made this possible.

Download BO - P4A - Alien Trigger Override at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:43:31 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Names
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2012, 06:32:51 AM »
A replacement names-list (live.package) so your townies aren't stuck with the silly, boring, repetetive Maxis names...

BO-names-no-pets contains 1150 male first names, 1477 female first names, and 1844 last names (identical for males and females). This makes for a total of over 2.1 mln combinations for males, and over 2.7 mln for females. No pet names.

BO-names-with-pets is identical to the above, but also contains 1490 male and 1177 female pet names. Obviously, this one requires Pets!

Obviously, you install only ONE of these files, depending on whether you have Pets installed or not.

Nothing original: I took the names lists made by some of the great names (Jordi, CuteLilDeadGirl, HystericalParoxysm, among others), combined them, sorted the result, removed duplicates and compressed it.

Update, July 28th, 2011: added 7 female first names and 18 last names. Also removed some excess data, making the package a lot smaller.

Major Update, July 29th, 2011: I went a bit out of my way to add as many names as I could find, including Scandinavian and middle-European names. This mod now includes 2,823 male and 2,727 female first names and 5095 family names, making for a total of 14,4 mln combos for males and 13,9 mln for females... Yeah, that's right: there's a total of over 28 mln combos in there!

UPDATE, January 3rd, 2012: Sadly, a slight error in the file caused some names to be merged. This has now been corrected. Re-download is recommended to all. My apologies for the inconvenience.

UPDATE, October 23rd, 2012: Another upgrade, increasing the male first names to 3377, female first names to 3247, and last names to 5693. As a result, the total now comes to 18.5 mln female, and 19.2 male combos. Yes, a whopping 37.7 mln combos in total.

Download BO - Names at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 02:30:30 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Slow Aging Controller
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2012, 06:51:40 AM »
This is an advanced hybrid, combining features from Monique's Individual Aging (sorry, no link available), AncientHighway's Individual Aging for Witches (based on Monique's mod) and my own BO - Slow Aging.

A Warning in advance:
When installing this mod, I advise you to remove any version of Individual Aging or Slow Aging you already have, as well as AncientHighway's NPC Aging.

Failing to remove the aforementioned files will cause big trouble, and I will not be able to fix it. So please take no risks: get rid of those files!

Also, this mod conflicts with Inteen. Don't worry about it! If you make sure this file loads AFTER Inteen, all will be fine. Only pregnant sims may get to live an extra day or so.

Now let's talk features!
I use a different technique than Monique did. Monique didn't prevent aging at 6 PM, but gave back a day to each sim every day at 5 PM. I actually *do* prevent aging at 6 PM, thereby saving the game engine some work, in stead of giving it some extra.

There's a BCON named "Aging Configuration", which you can alter as you wish. This BCON contains aging information for normal sims (all ages), Werewolves (teen, adult, elder), Plantsims (toddler, adult, elder) and Witches (teen, adult, elder). Servos, Vampires and Zombies are not changed, because they don't age anyway.
Young Adults don't age normally, so this mod does NOT affect them.
There are no settings for babies and pets: they always age normally.

Each line contains a number 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4.
  • 0 = Age normally.
  • 1 = Age only on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday (three times a week)
  • 2 = Age only on Thursday and Sunday (twice a week)
  • 3 = Age only on Sunday (once a week)
  • 4 = Do not age at all (aging OFF)
This info is also found in the BCON as a reminder.

So, by default, the BCON is set to make:
  • normal sims and all teens age normally
  • adult and elder werewolves age three times a week
  • adult and elder plantsim age twice a week
  • adult and elder witches age once a week.
But you can change those settings as you wish.
Now there's nothing more one needs to do; your sims will age up slower according to their 'type'. If a sim is both a Werewolf and a Witch, for example, the system will use the slowest of the two aging rates for your sim. With the above default settings, that would mean that this sim ages only on Sunday and thus lives 7 times as long as a normal mortal.

But there's more... In-game, you can override the Default settings of the BCON for each sim individually!

The 'default' menu option means that the sim will use the BCON settings for its aging. The option that's currently active, will be greyed out.

The aging menu is NOT available for Young Adults, Pets, Visitors, Employees, NPCs, Servos, Vampires or Zombies. Only human household members'  aging can be changed. The menu DOES show up on Babies (that's a bug), but it doesn't function. A later version will do better.

Alas, this mod REQUIRES OFB or better.

UPDATE, October 12th, 2011: only slightly edited the description.

UPDATE, June 8th, 2015: Version 1.01 released. I've finally fixed the menu, so the Aging options will not appear on babies anymore. Also cleaned up some typos in the description above...

Download BO - Slow Aging Controller at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 05:48:29 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Feed Baby
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2012, 06:54:03 AM »
This is my own improved version of Squinge's mod Nurse Babies, more specifically, the Female-Only Non-Autonomous version.

Over 2 years ago, I reported on Squinge's thread that his 'Female Only - Non-Autonomous' version was allowing females to autonomously nurse the baby, and that they would do so almost continuously. So far, I never saw a fix. Even worse: The Dork (as he calls himself now) never even made the effort of responding to my post.

So I decided to delve into it, and fix it myself. So here it is, in three new versions:

1. SQ-fixed: Squinge's original, but now fixed to REALLY stop autonomy.

2. Non-Auto: Same as above, but includes a fix to suppress autonomous bottle-feeding of babies when a living female parent (mommy) is present on the lot. Of course, if mommy is absent (or dead) or the child has no female parents, then autonomous bottle-feeding will occur normally. Getting bottles for toddlers isn't affected at all. See the Notes below!

3. Special: This is my favorite, and it replaces the 'realistic' version: it allows autonomous breast-feeding, but no more often than bottle-feeding would normally occur. Also includes the smart suppression of autonomous bottle-feeding as found in the non-auto version. See the Notes below!

Of course, it makes no sense to install more than one version of this mod!

NOTE #1: With both the Non-auto and the Special versions, if mommy does NOT live on the same lot as the baby, she can STILL nurse the baby when she visits!

NOTE #2: It was brought to my attention that the last two versions of my mod conflict with TwoJeffs' No Baby Toddler Swarming and maybe also with other mods like it. This is by design... The no-swarming mods change a global Fridge-BHAV to make sure that not all sims haul bottles at once. My mods stop the hauling of bottles alltogether as long as Mommy's home. Load mine last, if you want to take advantage of that!
The top version should not conflict with anything, though.

NOTE #3: If you add some of the plug-ins, the HCDU (Paladin's Hack Conflict Detection Utility, available at Paladin's Place) will detect conflicts between the different parts of this system. That is INTENTIONAL. Do NOT change the names of the files, because they're named to force them to be loaded in a specific order necessary for them to work correctly!

NOTE #4: Chris Hatch's mod FeedBabyExtra, and Chaavik's ShorterBreastFeedingTime will both work with any version of this mod. If you want to have them both, I advise you to make sure that Chaavik's mod loads after Chris'. Otherwise, Chris' mod will override hers, and you won't notice any speed-up.

Update April 12, 2011: I've greatly simplified the Non-auto and Special versions, REMOVING the built-in nursemaid capabilities but ADDING a modular structure that allows the addition of special plug-ins. There are three plug-ins available here: two are different implementations for nursemaids, and one for smarter behavior of NPCs such as Butler, Nanny and Servo (in chores mode).
If you're using an older version and you're perfectly happy with it, there's NO reason to re-download. But if you do switch to the new system, please make sure that you remove the old version yourself. The new system uses different filenames, so the old version would NOT automatically be overwritten, and thus cause serious conflicts!

UPDATE July 27th, 2012: A bug was reported by Lymangood, where any non-family-member entering the lot caused a "Bad Gosub Tree Number" error to be thrown. This was due to the fact that I called a BHAV that only exist in AL or M&G, and obviously, Lymangood doesn't have either. And I claimed that this mod was fit for Base Game! It's unbelievalbe that I got away with this for so very long (nobody else ever reported this issue), but now I was finally caught. I've fixed it now, though!
So, if you're using the Non-auto or Special version and you don't have either AL or M&G installed, you're probably getting errors too. You'll need to re-download. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Remember: This is a social plug-in: it adds an option to a SIM's pie menu. Therefor, like with ALL social plug-ins, installing, removing or updating this mod will almost ALWAYS cause a hood-reset.

Credits: Thanks to Squinge (The Dork) for ripping the original from Maxis' files.

Download BO - Feed Baby at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:24:01 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
BO - Feed Baby Plug-ins
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2012, 06:54:46 AM »
These are the Feed Baby plug-ins. They work ONLY with the latest (April 12, 2011) Non-auto and Special versions of my Feed Baby mod, enhancing it's functions. If you don't have one of the mentioned mods, these plug-ins will NOT do anything.

Feed Baby - Nursemaids H-only: this plug-in allows any playable teen or adult who lives on the same lot and who has either a normal Baby Bottle OR Inge Jones' Simlogical Bottomless Baby Bottle OR my BO - Bottomless Bottle in their inventory, to breast-feed the baby. This includes father, brothers and sisters, servos... anyone of the correct age-groups who lives on the same lot!

Feed Baby - Nursemaids H&F: does the same as the above, but ALSO allows visiting blood-relatives (Aunts, Uncles, teenage cousins, etc.) to breast-feed the baby, as long as they have one of those bottles in their inventory.

Feed Baby - Smart NPCs: this plug-in stops Butlers, Nannies and Servos from bottle-feeding your babies as long as there is anyone available who can breast-feed them. If you don't use a Nursemaid plug-in, they will only register mommy as valid, but if you do use Nursemaids, those will also be recognized as long as they are present on the lot. This does NOT influence the way they treat toddlers!  NOTE: This plug-in would actually be HARMFUL, if used WITHOUT one of the main modules!

NOTE #1: Please, use only ONE Nursemaid plug-in at a time. Having them both makes absolutely no sense!

NOTE #2: Although adding or removing the Main Feed Baby mod may cause a hood reset, adding or removing any of the above plug-ins is absolutely harmless!

NOTE #3: If you add some of these plug-ins, the HCDU (Paladin's Hack Conflict Detection Utility, available at Paladin's Place) will detect conflicts between the different parts of this system. That is INTENTIONAL. Do NOT change the names of the files, because they're named to force them to be loaded in a specific order necessary for them to work correctly!

NOTE #4: The Nursemaid plug-ins were inspired by a request by Almighty Hat at Plumb Bob Keep.

Download BO - Feed Baby Plugins at Leefish.nl
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:28:23 AM by BoilingOil »

anything
anything