Author Topic: Site Will Be Down Most of 1/1/12!  (Read 4636 times)

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
Site Will Be Down Most of 1/1/12!
« on: December 31, 2011, 08:55:27 AM »
The forum and downloads will be unavailable for most of the day tomorrow while we transfer the site from my control to the new team's control. Of course that's all relative, depending on where in the world you happen to be.

I will be taking the site down to start the backup for the transfer at around 6-7am PST (GMT-8) tomorrow.

It will take at least several hours, but almost certainly longer to get everything moved and running on the new server and to get the DNS pointed to the new place. Once the forum is up, it will probably take additional time to get the downloads working again since I have them setup in a way that doesn't directly transfer, so most of the download links are going to be broken at first.

Please be patient while the new team settles in and gets everything fixed and setup the way they want it.

Happy New Year and Good Luck!
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: Site Will Be Down Most of 1/1/12!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 08:59:58 AM »
Thank you for everything, TJ, and good luck.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 09:12:32 AM »
Ditto, TJ!  I wish you a Happy New Year and the best of everything in the future.

"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 09:20:59 AM »
Double ditto & double thanks for helping us out with everything! Without your willingness to indulge our little motley crew (D_A, ZZ, BO, myself & miros1- who has so awesomely agreed to help us with the techie stuff) we would have had a much tougher time undertaking this crazy project.

Just wanted to say one last time how much I've enjoyed (& will continue to enjoy) your mods & hope you have a most excellent upcoming year!

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:31:32 AM by Zirconia Wolf »
~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 10:26:02 AM »
Thank you very much for everything, TJ!  We really appreciate you doing this!

Click On Those, Please?

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 11:07:36 AM »
Thank you TJ!

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 11:31:51 AM »
Thanks so much to everyone who is undertaking this task. I hope you have a great New Year TJ and lots of great years to come!
"If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit" - Robert Brault

Offline ilikefishfood

• Mistress of Special Brownies
  • Talkative Toddler
    • "If...Life and Times in Christophe Harbour"
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 01:26:27 PM »
Thanks for everything TJ!  My simmies and I will remember you always!  Happy New Year, and all the very best to you!
"If..."a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, misunderstandings, quite a bit of silliness & a bit of rock & roll."

Offline Wolfenblu

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 01:36:08 PM »
TJ Thank you so much, you are and always be one of my favourite modders, good luck and thanks for helping our friends preserve this wonderful site for us to enjoy. :hug:

I hope you find much happiness and forfillment in what ever you decide to do.

Wolfie and Kivak

To everyone else Happy New Year.

Offline Pleun

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 02:54:18 PM »
TJ, once again, thank you for everything, including facilitating the upcoming move. All the best to you  in the new year!

Everyone else a happy new year as well, and see you on the other side!
Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya.

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 02:56:04 PM »
Thank you for all your great mods and for running this site. It is not something I would want to do and so I can understand that you don't want to continue, just as I understand the ISZ. Nevertheless I am sad. I've been trying internally to put my feelings into words since christmas, I guess I feel a bit like a "leftover". I've been playing sims games for more than 10 years now and while there are a lot of players around, I am not sure how many of them continued to keep an interest for such a long time. It is still my favourite playground and even if I get quiet occasionally, sharing it with others was always part of the game.

Anyway, good luck and hopefully not much work with moving the site. Have a good new year!

Offline twoftmama

• Toddling Tot
  • Dynamite comes in small packages!
    • TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 03:52:58 PM »
Thank you again for all you've done TJ! You won't be forgotten!
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 04:54:23 PM »
And... come visit occasionally!  We'll miss you! 

Offline gypsylady

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 05:22:10 PM »
I have been trying to find the words and after all of this time I still can't find much more than Thank You, for giving me  a game that still peaks my interest after all these years. TJ I found you on various simmers and have followed you around the net.You and a handful of others have made my game what it is today .I am going to miss you here.  :diva: Best of luck in all you choose to do and I hope you have a very happy and prosperous New Year.   :thumb:
I'm the kind of woman that when my feet hit the floor each morning the devil  says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Offline NekoGirl

• Babbling Baby
  • ~He's back & better than ever!!~
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 05:32:28 PM »
I can't thank you enough for these mods & what you've done for TS2, even the loss of one or two hacks would seriously disturb my playing style, I can not live without these mods anymore than I could without being able to play the game itself.

You've made so many things better & easier in the game, & I hope whatever you decide to do next will be just as amazing as your endevors here in our community.

Thank you once again, as well as deciding to let our friends here keep this forum & the downloads running, & have a Happy New Year!! <3 ^_^
Top Cat fanatic & die-hard Sims 2 player!

anything