Author Topic: Site *Not* Closing Next Month  (Read 81563 times)

Offline Master-Sephiroth

• Toddling Tot
  • I wear the Black Cape around here!
    • Role Players' Domain
Re: Site Closing Next Month
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2011, 05:25:33 AM »
I would love to help fund the awesomeness but as a skint student I don't have much spare cash... :(
Because in Soviet Russia... motives decay YOU!
Running The Sims 2 with the University, Nightlife, Open for Business and Seasons EPs.
My Blog: http://39thflooroffice.blogspot.com/

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2011, 05:57:31 AM »
Don't worry too much about that, my friend. Not everyone can afford to help out financially, and we all understand that. It's covered alright :)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Master-Sephiroth

• Toddling Tot
    • Role Players' Domain
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2011, 06:16:43 AM »
Oh well, I'll just suck up to BO and his BOINGs and keep posting my random shizztiddles. It's what I do best.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 06:19:44 AM by Master-Sephiroth »
Running The Sims 2 with the University, Nightlife, Open for Business and Seasons EPs.

Offline MysteryIslandKid

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2011, 06:48:11 AM »
I am just so sorry to hear this. :diva:

But I want to thank you for all your wonderful mods and for keeping this here for us as long as you did. May you and yours have a merry Christmas, and a good future for what ever you do.

Know that I and a lot of people had a wonderful time here. You will be missed as well as your site.
I don't drink, don't smoke, what do I do?
Tim Hortons, CocaCola, pets, and downloading Sims stuff my vice PDW!

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2011, 06:52:51 AM »
@MIK: Did you read some of the later posts?  :wink:

I thought I'd come with some snacks to keep it going.
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline Master-Sephiroth

• Toddling Tot
    • Role Players' Domain
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2011, 06:59:56 AM »
If anyone here uses Twitter, follow me. http://twitter.com/MasterSephiroth I brought beer too!

Offline MysteryIslandKid

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2011, 07:12:21 AM »
I did now and I am so stoked!
I always knew you were an awesome bunch of people wait until I tell Wolfie and Kivak what is going on here.
I been here almost all my Sims2 life. (I started late in 2008)
I can't remember who brought me here or I stumbled on it myself, but I bet it was Wolfie. She has a nack for finding the best sites.
I didn't see any posts by them past the ones saying they were sorry to see it go and wishing TJ luck. I think TJ is wonderful for helping us save his site too!
Count me in on the cheering section long may Sims2 live! The people who have gone on to Sims3 still hang here too so I am sure they will want to help as well.

Arathea that food looks so good, I will bring some coke for those tea totalers like me. :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 07:17:11 AM by MysteryIslandKid »
I don't drink, don't smoke, what do I do?
Tim Hortons, CocaCola, pets, and downloading Sims stuff my vice PDW!

Offline Ladylombardi

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2011, 07:23:05 AM »
Oh my God! After the devastating news over at CrazyTown broke, I've been pretty depressed and couldn't even bring myself to turn the computer on the last couple of days. Now this morning I come here and find another one biting the dust! But then the wonderful news of the sites revival comes and now my Christmas just got a whole lot merrier!

I don't have any technical expertise and my funds are severely limited right now but if I can help in any other way please let me know! I only visit two sites every day. This one and Crazytown and I didn't know what I would do without you guys! I wish I could do more in your stupendous efforts. I'll be avidly following along now and getting ready to pack my bags so we can make the move!
Chevron 7 locked.

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2011, 07:46:34 AM »
Hallelujah!   :yay: 

Offline ilikefishfood

• Mistress of Special Brownies
  • Talkative Toddler
    • "If...Life and Times in Christophe Harbour"
« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2011, 08:55:07 AM »
Hallelujah!   :yay:

Excited much?!   :lol:
"If..."a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, misunderstandings, quite a bit of silliness & a bit of rock & roll."

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2011, 09:11:56 AM »
@ZZ or whoever is concerned: As a resident InTeen user, I guess I should toss my hat into the ring & say that I will do my darnedest to help the 12's find the information they are seeking.

@Orilon & MS: Like BO & the others have already said, just *being there* is support enough.

I know you guys haven't been around here very long when compared to some of us, but I've already come rather *attached* to you guys...probably because you are TS2 fans like me! (I count the Stories series as TS2 as well, so don't feel *left out* at all, Orilon!)

@Ladylombardi: That is exactly the way I was feeling when I heard *the news* too. I think the time of year made things even worse, but it was seriously like being punched in the gut...which is why I was so awesomely happy to get ZZ's PM regarding her plan to take over Simbology (which came moments before I was going to send TJ a PM or my own with the same idea) & when she told me she had enlisted BO too (we didn't yet know about D_A's offer) it was like a *Christmas Miracle* kind of a thing.

Not the kind where a puppy with a limp finds a kid with a lame leg of his own to love it, or a reindeer with a nasal condition saves the day, or a bitter old fart learns the "real meaning" of Christmas (or any of the usual stories one is so often spammed with this time of year) but the kind where a group of friends from across the globe (literally) came together to save a little website about a little game in a little corner of the internet that they have all come to see as a little bit of home.

It may not have the heart-string-tugging power of that puppy with a limp, but to this She-Wolf it means a hell of a lot more!

@zolabee: I couldn't have said it better myself!

Now if you will all excuse me, I think I need to go post an *update* on my (fairly lame) Blog, as my last post there was...well, not real full of holiday cheer.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays & Seasons Greetings to everybody here!

You guys are the best!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:13:59 AM by Zirconia Wolf »
~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline Ladylombardi

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2011, 09:27:04 AM »
ZW :love:

This is the best kind of Christmas story. I hate to sound dramatic but the announcing of these two sites being shut down BEFORE Christmas was really depressing to me and really threatened my holiday mood. But everything has really turned around now and I feel optimistic about the future. I don't have RL friends so the folks here and at CT are my friends. Sounds pathetic but there you have it. I didn't know what I would do without you all and now I don't have to find out.

Breathing a really big sigh of relief. :love:
Chevron 7 locked.

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2011, 09:51:11 AM »
@Zephyrzodiac: ZZ, you're hardly a sleeping partner... Not with your post record, anyway! :lol: But if you let me know where to send my share of the upkeep (paypal, anyone?), I have it available right now! :)

I too have paypal available now. It wouldn't be much but I can't let the opportunity to help pass me by without offering some sort of assistance, no matter how insignificant it may be.
"If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit" - Robert Brault

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2011, 10:47:34 AM »
Well, I've been a bit of a *sleeping partner* today - when I  (finally) got to bed, I was just about exhausted!

BO, D_A is reviving her PayPal account so I can send my cash to her, so you could, I'm sure, do the same.  If we end up with more than we need, it can always be kept ready for when we need to renew.

I was feeling pretty low already (winter blues) when I read TJ's opening post, and I just sat and nearly cried too (or does crying inside count as crying?) when I thought, if I can do anything to help it, I'm not gonna let this happen!  ZW, I'm totally with you in what you say, about it being so wonderful how people from across the globe, who have never even heard each others' voices, can come together to save something that has, somehow, edged its way into their lives.  Like you, LL, I'm a pretty lonely person, although I admit it's mostly my fault, not the fault of my friends and family, but somehow the people I have met here have come to mean a heck of a lot to me.  We share an interest that has for many of us become an obsession - hell, I want to be buried with my sims! - and that interest has broken down barriers of all kinds.  If Will Wright really, truly comprehended what he had started, he would never have moved to Spore....

I just hope we can keep Simbology going for as long as there is a need for it, as both a tribute to TJ for his wonderful mods, and a virtual home for those among us who feel that this is where we belong.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Pope

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2011, 11:17:30 AM »
 :yay:  I'm so Excited to hear this! I love it hear and was so sad to hear we were going to lose it.
I to am a bit short on the green front but will do whatever I can to be here and add any support I can.  :love: I just love you guys you make me feel so welcome and just like family even though I only seem to post once in a blue moon. I'm so excited I get to keep you!
Wow... that was quick

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2011, 11:28:40 AM »
Time for serious words? Well, this will be pretty hard because with anything beyond facts or joking around I'm awfully bad with words. And that's not only because this is in English, it's the same in German, too.
Reading that Simbology will close and knowing that CT will close next year, too, it seemd to be the worst Christmas ever. I didn't almost cry, I actually cried. Although I don't post here very much lately (mainly because I'm playing TS3 at the moment - or better playing around until I get an idea for a new house) I'm here usually several times per day to see what's new and I would really miss that.
Now with TFM  putting up her own forum and you all doing everything to rescue Simbology, it dioesn't seem too bad anymore.  :smile: I just have no clue what I could do ait the moment other than posting silly things and trying to cheer you up and on.

Offline Master-Sephiroth

• Toddling Tot
    • Role Players' Domain
« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2011, 11:58:35 AM »
WE WILL FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHT TO HAVE A GREAT SIMMING COMMUNITY FOR ALL! Minus those fucking 12s. *shows middle finger to every single 12 in the world*

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2011, 12:08:10 PM »
Can we keep this friendly?  I at least would like to think that those youngsters who come here with a bad attitude may some of them leave here with a better one, and maybe return with more intelligent questions.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline Master-Sephiroth

• Toddling Tot
    • Role Players' Domain
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2011, 12:11:00 PM »
@ZZ: *nods solemnly* I just hate 12s. *backs down, sits down and shuts up*

Offline NekoGirl

• Babbling Baby
  • ~He's back & better than ever!!~
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2011, 12:34:25 PM »
*sigh* I shoulda known. Why when I get all nice n comfy in a place, it shuts down not a month afterwards?

Still, I share everyone's sentiments in all this, & whatever you decide to do next, I hope its as full of awesomeness as your time in the TS2 community is/was. :)

I will however, greatly miss this site. Is there any chance that at the most extreme of simplicity, that the forums alone remain available for us die-hards here? i.e. Posting uploads elsewhere etc, much like the BBS has become? I'm fairly sure there's such a thing as a free proboards, abiet simplier & not nearly as many perks.  :unsure: :confused:
Top Cat fanatic & die-hard Sims 2 player!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2011, 12:39:20 PM »
Have you read all the thread?  If not, and you do so, you may be in for a surprise. :smile:

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2011, 01:50:35 PM »
I've got a PayPal account too (had one for many years, actually) so if D_A or whoever would drop me a PM telling me how much $$ to send & where to go about sending it, I will do so post haste.

Like you, ZZ this news hit me during a major *blue* period & put me in a serious state of depression (like you, my *cyber life* really is my life) which is likely why I am still so ridiculously excited that everything has turned around & become a much happier event- & that I get to be a (small) part of it!

@NekoGirl: Like ZZ said, read the last several posts & I think you'll feel much better!

@MS: If you need a place to vent about 12s (& have a really high boredom tolerance!) feel free to post a rant on my sorry excuse of a Blog (that I almost never remember to post on) A Mystic Howl, if you want. (I actually have a second Blog that I am planning to make more TS2 oriented too, but it is still in the way-early *construction* phase, so it's currently even more neglected than my *normal* one.)

Given that nobody but me or my sister ever goes there (likely because I never advertise it's existence) you are at no risk of any reprisal & heck, what's a Blog for if not to let folks vent once in a while?

@everybody in general: Hope you all have a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Terrific Kwanza or a most Awesome Naked Pagan Dance!!

~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline Master-Sephiroth

• Toddling Tot
    • Role Players' Domain
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2011, 02:20:51 PM »
@ZW: You are a wonderful wolf of win. *pets* Bookmarking that.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2011, 02:26:30 PM »
I wasn't talking about the account, I was talking about the actual "green stuff" being available right away... Because normally, that's not how things work for me. Long story...

And yes, I recognize a lot of myself in what you guys are telling, ZZ and LL. I myself am quite a hermit. I don't have much use for people around me IRL, but of course I do need some social interaction. And that's where both Simbology, and lately also CrazyTown, came in. And CrazyTown only because I had noticed a severe drop in activity here, and have been expecting a close-down for almost a year now. So first hearing that ISZ is done with the whole shebang, and closes down in six months then seeing that Sleepycat is done playing sims games and wants to move on to something entirely different, and then on top of that, not a day later, seeing that TJ has had his fill and wants to break it up, well, that nearly drove me insane!

Too many great friends were calling it quits, and I didn't know where to go. My holiday season was seriously destroyed... and I don't even celebrate the events!!!

So when ZZ contacted me about her wish to keep things alive, and her hope to have me and ZW on her side in the attempt, I was overjoyed. And then D_A PM-ed me with a similar intention... Suddenly, Christmas is becoming something worthwhile to celebrate! So yes, I cried... first from pain, and then from happiness. And now let's do this thing...

I'll now read some pending PMs, and then come back to you all to say what else may need to be said. It's time to make this work, people. Let's do it!

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2011, 02:43:39 PM »
Because this was seriously needed:  WOOT WOOT! YEAH!

Click On Those, Please?

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2011, 02:56:15 PM »
Add me to the list of hermits. Being a stay at home mom with 2 young kids and one car that is shared between me and my partner (and he usually has it during the week for work) I don't get out much. I have one dear friend IRL but between my 2 kids and her 3 young kids we don't have time to get together anymore. You guys are my line to friendship and adult conversation, and I'd be devastated to lose you all, both here and Crazy Town. I'm so glad everyone is working to keep a place or two open for us.
"If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit" - Robert Brault

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2011, 02:58:36 PM »
Yep!  So, all you folks who are waiting for this to happen, it's time to load up the charabanc with butties and beer!!! :lol:

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2011, 03:09:34 PM »
Beer! 

Click On Those, Please?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2011, 03:12:18 PM »

Chip Butty

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2011, 03:20:18 PM »
Now THAT looks like food to me! That butty will do, for an hour or two :D

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2011, 03:21:36 PM »
 :smile: Hope this will be enough for you all.

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #131 on: December 23, 2011, 03:22:03 PM »
What fantastic news. I can only offer thanks, pixel cheerleading and more virtual delicious food to ZZ, BO, ZW, D_A and all the rest of you wonderful folks who have offered support. And even though it's cheesy, my first thought was that this is a true kind of Christmas miracle, as well. One borne from the spirit of human kindness and willingness to work together.
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2011, 03:24:12 PM »
Shows what we human beanz can do when we aren't fighting in the playground, doesn't it?

Offline Kivak

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2011, 03:26:33 PM »
This is wonderful news. MIK couldn't wait to tell but we just now came on line and got his 13 offline messages lol.

Wolf and I have family and friends, but sometimes we don't see or hear from them in days and it seems you guys are always here easier to access. We don't even have to get dressed to talk to you :biglaugh: Which is nice sometimes.

All jokes aside this is indeed wonderful news. I saw BO hinting at something and I didn't dare to hope he meant what I thought he did.
Kivak & Wolfie's Cove
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/forum/70-kivak-and-wolfies-cove/
Sims 2 stories and houses, some clothes & Sims

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2011, 03:28:33 PM »
Well, as you can see, my friend, it actually DOES mean what you thought it did! :D

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2011, 03:29:56 PM »
Yes, and according to D_A, there will be oodles of space if you want to transfer you stuff from CT, once the new site is up and running!

Offline Darby

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2011, 03:32:31 PM »
Are donations in fact needed?  (Skimmed the thread, but am not quite sure I caught the details on that.)  If so, I'd like to kick in a little.  (Well, I'd like to kick in a LOT, but can't.)  What would be the procedure for doing so?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2011, 03:34:08 PM »
At the moment, we don't need donations, but thank you for thinking of it.  Maybe the time will come when we have to ask, but for the present, we're pretty well OK, I think.

Offline Orilon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2011, 03:40:05 PM »
When people actually care enough to do something and have the same goal, things get done. It's when people have different agendas or different goals then things only get done half-way or not at all.

I'm very introverted in real life and have a hard time making friends in real life. I have a few internet friends, but we've grown apart because of a change in interests. Simbology seemed more of a place to make friends with the same interest-Sims 2, so I was devastated when I saw TJs original post about closing it down. I understood his reasons and respect his decision, but still felt devastated at the loss of a place to post with friends.

I was and am still excited to hear about the plans to re-open Simbology and that it won't be closed permanently.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 03:41:46 PM by Orilon »

Offline Darby

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2011, 03:40:54 PM »
Okay, I'll just stay out of the way, then.  I very much appreciate y'all's commitment to keeping Simbology going!   :smile:

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2011, 03:53:10 PM »
We appreciate the fact that you, Darby, and everyone else are sticking with us through the move and offering your help and support!  If it wasn't for the people who've become our friends, there would be no reason to keep Simbology open!  So, thank you!

Click On Those, Please?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2011, 03:57:16 PM »
Amen to that! It's also rather striking to see, how suddenly this place is brimming with activity again. Maybe we just needed this dramatic event to grow closer still! We're making this work.

Darby and everyone else who offered, thank you for wanting to participate financially. You guys will be the first to know whenever we need a little help keeping things going! :) Because we do it for ourselves, for eachother, and for all you guys who've been with us all this time. However long or short "all this time" may have been!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2011, 03:58:31 PM »
Exactly.  And I think the people you meet online at a forum like this can be just as much part of your group of friends as anyone else.  And, because we don't see each other's faces, we really get to grips with what that person is really like, not what they appear to be on the surface.

So, here's hoping all our friends will join the charabanc party to join us at the new site at the earliest opportunity!  :thumb:

Offline Darby

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2011, 04:03:21 PM »
Well, monetary help is about the only help I can offer, because I haz no skillz for this situation otherwise. 

Anyway, TJ's mods have been SOOO very important to my game, I was just heartbroken to see the news that we'd be losing Simbology, because even though the mods are safely archived and I don't really hang here much anyway, it's always been great to know you're here, especially since I see so many familiar names from other places I've been in the community too.  Even though we don't all call the same sites "home", we really are one big community.  Kinda like a megahood.   :biglaugh:

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2011, 04:04:41 PM »
Yes, if there are problems funding at any point in the future, do put a shout out or a banner or something, because although I can't spare anything at the moment, in the future who knows what my situation might be!
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2011, 04:16:04 PM »
We'll definately do that, Simsfreq.  And Darby, I love the comparison to a megahood!

Click On Those, Please?

Offline Darby

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #146 on: December 23, 2011, 04:17:53 PM »
Thank you!   :biglaugh:

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #147 on: December 23, 2011, 05:57:13 PM »
I received a PM via email from BO enlightening me on the pending demise of Simbology and the grass roots drive to save the flavor of the site if not the site itself.  As I'm sure everyone is aware, people change. Modders and creators move on and someone else steps in to fill the void.  All I can say to those that take their toys with them when they leave is "shame on you."  It's people like Jase and TJ who have kept their great work around, and have given carte blanche to any willing to take up the cause of updating that have added so much to the community.

I've been asked to participate in the new site.  Unfortunately, I must decline.  It's been well over a year since I've done anything with TS2.  In fact it's not even on my current computer.  My now defunct site crashed as the holiday season came upon the US, so my time has been limited in what I was willing or able to do to bring it back online.  Like TJ, my current service ends next month, and I won't renew.  I will look through my file server and USB drives to see if I can find anything that resembles current mods of mine.  If I find any, I'd be willing to send them to someone for hosting.

Best wishes to all.

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #148 on: December 23, 2011, 06:00:04 PM »
We would be honored to host any files of yours, AH.  And you'll be welcome at the new site.

Just so you know, from my understanding of it, it will be the exact same site.  TJ is pulling it down and we're reuploading it to a new host.

Click On Those, Please?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2011, 06:06:36 PM »
I have all appreciation for your situation and your choice, AH. You'll be missed, but I understand how these things go. Please know that I wish you the best in whatever you're doing or plan to be doing. We'll be happy to host whatever you are able to retrieve of your work. And if that happens to be none, then that will sadly have to be it.

Be well, AH. It's an honor to have met you! :bow: