Author Topic: ACR Jealousy Problems  (Read 6426 times)

mking

ACR Jealousy Problems
« on: December 15, 2011, 09:53:37 PM »
I've recently taken up Sims 2 again, amd this time around I was going to play with the ACR. I began to test it out, when I noticed that no jealousy occured when using the casual romance interactions. This was the first mod I was going to test out on my new install, to make sure it wouldnt conflict with other hacks. Setting it to the default maxis setting didnt change anything either. This mod looks really great, but I need some scandal in my 'hood.

I have all EPs except BV, and no SPs.
The version I have installed is 2.4a

Any help would be great, I dont know where to go from here.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: ACR Jealousy Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 10:43:27 PM »
Have you checked the hood settings?  Also, the settings for each individual sim?  Romance sims, I think, will always be set to no jealousy unless you intervene.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:45:11 PM by zephyrzodiac »
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Orilon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 10:56:54 PM »
I've recently taken up Sims 2 again, amd this time around I was going to play with the ACR. I began to test it out, when I noticed that no jealousy occured when using the casual romance interactions. This was the first mod I was going to test out on my new install, to make sure it wouldnt conflict with other hacks. Setting it to the default maxis setting didnt change anything either. This mod looks really great, but I need some scandal in my 'hood.

I have all EPs except BV, and no SPs.
The version I have installed is 2.4a

Any help would be great, I dont know where to go from here.

If you have Romance Sims, they won't be jealous at all. If you have Knowledge or Fortune Sims, they won't get jealous unless they are married/engaged or going steady (depending on the age of the Sim) with the Sim cheating. Family Sims get jealous if they are in crush/going steady/married/engaged with the cheating sim. I don't know about the other types.

As Zephyrzodiac said, you need to check the hood settings and individual sim settings to make sure you haven't turned jealousy off, and that you have cheating enabled.

mking

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 11:25:39 PM »
Thanks for the speedy reply guys. After I noticed no Jealous triggers occuring, I used the Maxis override to set it to the usual crush level jealousy for the lot, and still no jealousy occured.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 04:16:39 PM by mking »

Offline susalilies

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 05:22:11 PM »
I must be the least qualified person in this forum to help with this but... are you perchance using romacemod from MATY? My jealousy decreased almost to the point of nonexistence after dropping it into my DLs folder. Though setting an override for Maxis-default jealousy in the one lot I wanted the wife to have a hissy fit did work for me.  :unsure:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 10:30:25 PM »
The romancemod should not work like that.  Check the rtfm, which is quite expansive for Pescado.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 07:00:34 AM »
Do you by chance have the JSW bouquet from BAS it is set to no jealousy at the start.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 09:20:21 AM »
That sounds a more likely culprit.  It could have hitched a ride in a downloaded house.  These days we all (or nearly all) use the Clean Installer from Mod the Sims - http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/ - to make sure the houses we install are clean.  You can also use it to scroll through your downloads and highlight hacks, empty and duplicate files.

mking

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 12:22:21 AM »
Im sure that conflicting mods arent the problem, this is the first and only thing I've downloaded, I was really eager to test this mod out.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 01:30:06 AM »
Did you also install the Plug-in?

And imo, the romancemod from Maty (Pescado) actually doesn't hurt to install, it mainly deals with the two-faced romance sims who cheat wherever they get the chance and throw a wobbly when their partner does the same!

You also need to make sure that married sims are jealous of their spouse, engaged are jealous of their fiance, and those who are neither married or engaged, if you want them to be jealous, select the crush or in love options.

mking

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 08:46:07 PM »
Thanks for all the tips Zephyrzodiac, I just installed the plugin. I set the global override option for jealousy to the default maxis crush option, and I still didnt see any jealousy occur to a family married sim whose husband cheating right in front of her. It seems that all the casual romance options elicit no response, jealousy-wise.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 01:56:12 AM »
That is extremely odd.  However, I have a feeling it might be a problem with ACR2 which has been mentioned before.  I would try Beta 5C if I were you, http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=5669.0  (I can't even find the place where you got 2.4a).

anything