Author Topic: Jealousy Failure with ACR  (Read 3080 times)

Kaybert

Jealousy Failure with ACR
« on: August 03, 2011, 12:41:33 PM »
Okay, so I had ACR (2.0) installed on my computer, along with a bunch of other hacks(Sim Blender, Inteen, Romancemod, etc.), EP's and CC. I also have the conflict detector so I know everything works together. My game ran fine and everything was swell.

I recently installed the sims 2 on my boyfriends computer (oh he was thrilled about this). I wanted all my hacks, EP's and CC of course, so I copied my downloads folder and installed my EP's on his computer as well.

So here's the issue, when playing on my boyfriends computer my sims won't get jealous. ACR did install, and I can get to the pie menus. The personal jealousy setting I can change from maxis crush to married with zero difference.  I even tried changing global overrides to the maxis default and still no jealousy occurs. Sim X can make out with his committed relationship girlfriend sim Y, and then go make out with sim Z who is set to crush jealousy, and THEN make out with two other sims while everyone is in the same room and no one bats an eye. No sims ever get the "cheated on" memories anymore. There is too much peace, happiness and love in my sims world! What is going on? I have all the exact same stuff on his computer that is on my computer and it works on mine. All my other hacks and CC work fine.

I have all expansions except Bon Voyage and my boyfriend's computer is XP. (My computer is Vista).

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
Re: Jealousy Failure with ACR
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 03:18:39 PM »
Are those the same neighbourhoods too?

If you copied your downloads folder they should behave the same, regardless which Windows version is used, but sims don't always act accordingly. Maybe the romance mod overrides the ACR settings (I think it does in my game), but you never noticed it in your own game because you play with different sims. I can not think of much else.

Not that I can really imagine that it would be related to your issue but did you also install the Inteen file which does not go in the downloads folder? Is his game fully patched?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 04:28:41 PM »
Sounds to me like you have your lots set to brothels....
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 07:10:35 AM »
Check your folder option and see if they are setup the same, your BF might have change them on his computer.
Load order can be change in the folder view settings.

anything
anything