Author Topic: Is This an Error  (Read 2374 times)

a.g.doren

Is This an Error
« on: June 09, 2011, 01:46:48 PM »
I have a legacy that is a matriarchy. Ever since I started using ACR to randomize gender preference every daughter in the household has been  either lesbian or bisexual there hasn't been a straight daughter born to the Savages in two generations. I don't particulary mind, but it seems odd since all of the boys born into household are straight.

Is there some enviornmental factor that influences it the preference?It doesn't seem at all random.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
Re: Is This an Error
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 02:00:21 PM »
It's all random, to a certain degree.  There is an option on ACR to change the percentages of LGB sims, but as far as I know it isn't selectable by gender.  If you have any of Chris Hatch's mods, he may very well be setting the gender since his hoods have no males.  That's the way he plays and he makes mods to support that.

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 04:21:41 AM »
I've found that because a lot of maxis-made sims are straight by default, when you first start using ACR to randomise sims' sexual preference, there is a much higher number of gay and bisexual sims creatted, because it's attempting to redress the balance to the percentage that you have set.

You can get around this to an extent by using the "run hood census" option on the ACR adjuster, and then setting your target preferences to just 1% more than the current spread before you randomise (or use the auto randomise feature). Repeat this exercise every couple of generations until you hit the rough percentage that you want to stay stable at.
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 05:09:43 AM »
You can also make a point of resetting the preferences for any townies and NPCs that are currently on a lot, so you can redress the balance.  You can do this by making them selectable with either the sim blender or Inge's teleporter from Simlogical - just remember that townies made selectable will stick around until you either clear them off or it gets late and they decide to leave.

You do not say what EPs you have, so if you decide to use the blender and don't already use it, make sure your game configuration will support it.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 07:27:24 AM »
What simsfreq said is true. The selection is random, but the odds are weighted to attempt to keep the hood near your selected percentages. So if your hood is set to have 10% gay sims but the current percentage is way below that the odds are much higher than 10% that the next randomized sim will be gay. It's not 100% guaranteed by any stretch, but it is more than the normal 10% chance the sim would have. The opposite is also true if there are too few straight sims.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

a.g.doren

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 11:02:08 AM »
Thanks everyone. I knew something had to increasing the likely hood of lesbianism or bi-sexuality. Although it still doesn't explain why it was strictly the females and not the males. I do have some bisexual and homosexual males in the neighborhood already. Does it also consider gender of the sims that are homosexual? Like 10% male, 10% female or just the total population?

anything
anything